United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

I have been thinking of switching my loyalty from US Airways where I am a Million Miler. I am a mere silver on United but decided to add some miles on a round-trip from JFK to LAX with a return through IAH to get a rare domestic ride on a flat BX seat in the internationally-configured 787. Completed the outbound yesterday in a 1 year old 737-900 with 20 "first class" seats. When the FA's started taking meal orders. The FA first goes to a young lady in the seat in front of me and informs her of the two menu choices. He then moves back to my row (4) and asks the woman next to me which she wants. He then looks at me and says he will be back. Then he works the other side of the aisle. He appears to be randomly moving between seats. Finally he gets to me and there is only one choice and he explained they have been instructed to service the FC cabin in order of United priority. In other word the 16 nonrevenue upgrades get their choice compared to the schmuck without a lot of status who used real money (and not a small amount).

United Airlines customer review

United has stopped providing complimentary alcohol on international flights. Flight between Asia and US they put us on a plane with no individual TV screen but the sharing overhead projector TV with pre-scheduled movies during a 12-hour flight. On my recent trip I traveled extensively with Cathay Pacific and Singapore which offers first class customer service to all travelers. I originally chose United based on its extensive hubs domestically and internationally expecting better travel planning and experience. With the increasing routes from CX between US London and Asia and the abundant options of good airlines domestically (Southwest JetBlue Virgin) I'd much rather put a little effort to plan my trip than to travel miserably with United.

United Airlines customer review

I was returning into Houston and catching a United flight from Houston to New Orleans. As usual for United they cancelled the last flight into New Orleans for "maintenance reasons." Told they could have fixed the problem but would have had to call in a new flight crew and they don't want to spend the money - it's cheaper to book passengers into a hotel. This has now happened to me and close family members no less than five times in the last couple of months. It has become a routine practice with United.

United Airlines customer review

Flew Business class earlier this month Dulles-LAX round-trip. Seats were better than coach but not by much. They recline only a little. Staff on the red-eye back to Dulles served a snack immediately what is the point of that? I just wanted to sleep at midnight! Then they were noisily talking and carrying on throughout the flight with the galley lights on the whole time. No curtain to block light no attempt by them to keep their voices down so people could sleep. On the trip from Dulles to LAX my inflight entertainment system didn't work.

United Airlines customer review

This was my first transatlantic flight and it was miserable. Being 6'4" the legroom was not nearly sufficient. Food wasn't worth the calories and lacked all flavor. Staff is indifferent and we left ORD 90 minutes behind schedule. I know it's become cliché to hate on United but it Really is subpar. I've since flown Aer Lingus American Turkish British and KLM over the same route and all were better (American was a tie I'd say).

United Airlines customer review

Every winter United Airlines serves up the same "we do not care" service and "Do not even ask us to care" as it's simply more than they wish to even dream of fixing. Every winter flights leave Denver for the 30 minute hop into Aspen. Every year some flights may not land safely and the captain turns the plane around and takes the entire group back to Denver despite having three other airports at lower elevations that would place everyone within an hour to 90 minutes by bus or rent a car to Aspen but they make zero effort to make any contingency plan for this regular occurrence year after year. On the flight return to Denver the air hostess nor pilot make any effort to make any arrangements and at the counter upon arrival of course we wait another 30 min for a gate and the pilot answers are weaker than the air hostess. Then they try to pile all of us like cattle at the one service counter where the zig zag line crawls us through to one sour puss to tell you it's an act of God which excuses every lack of genius displayed on a regular basis. Each and every winter. Useless company #1 Award. I only gave them one star because I had to. Grooming is something else too with hair hanging out all over the place.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

United Airlines customer review

Late into Denver switched to Late flight to Chicago but they dropped our names off the seating chart so we all had spread out horrible seats given a motel in Chicago turned out to be a scam (had to pay for motel) because no more final destination flights until next day. Some very nice service but mostly very unfriendly rude horrible service people work for United. On way back same thing. Two hour delay for final destination and had to get another room waiting for guess. Which led us to meet another rude service person in customer service dept. So I will never fly the Un-friendly sky's of United again.

United Airlines customer review

I flew United First Class San Francisco to Seattle (Dec 2013) returning Jan 2014. I was appalled at the service or lack of! No food or drink service at all and this was in First Class! Ground crew at Seattle were terribly rude and should not even be employed in the service industry. United is the worst airline I have had the misfortune to travel on!

United Airlines customer review

Sat in 24D on an Airbus 320 from Seattle to Newark. This is a standard aisle seat located on the right side of the aircraft just a few rows behind the over-wing exit rows. It is one of what I call the "back-of-the-bus" seats featuring the new Slimline Recaro seating. In light of the trend by most of the domestic air carriers to squeeze as many seats/rows as possible into their airplanes the best thing I can say about this seat is that it was adequate in terms of breadth leg space and comfort. If you are 5' 10" or less in height or a somewhat taller person with short legs you will be able to sit in this seat and still have a couple of inches between your knees and the back of the seat in front of you. In other words you don't have to sit upright and uptight and feel as though you cannot move or are frozen in place. The lumbar support of the seat back is neither better nor worse than any other typical economy/coach-class seat on United Airlines. I do wish that the seat cushion itself was more supportive - it felt soft and thin - perhaps because the density of the foam filler or stuffing material used is lacking. On a long flight this seat may become uncomfortable and cause you to squirm a bit or want to get up and move around. Seat recline has been reduced and I was only able to move/tilt the seat back about two inches. Fortunately for me the middle seat on this flight was empty and that made my specific seat feel less confining and more bearable as I could spread out a bit (likewise for my seatmate in the adjoining window seat of this row). The staff appeared competent and the service itself was decent. The plane appeared relatively clean and well- maintained. Lamentably there was no in-flight entertainment system whatsoever which seems to be the trend on the smaller Airbus and Boeing aircraft operated by United. To reiterate my earlier comment this seat was adequate and tolerable given the trend by the airlines of reducing seat pitch on their aircraft. Stated simply it represents the new standard in air travel for the average passenger traveling on a budget.

United Airlines customer review

My wife and I travelled first class from Orlando to Newark recently. We were surprised to see there were no PTVs on the plane. When it was time for meal service we were told there was chicken dinner or a salad. We both don't eat chicken so we ordered salads - we were told they were out of salads. Policy for the 12 first class seats - 6 salads and 6 chicken dishes. Out of luck! We had cookies for dinner.