United Airlines

"United you are the worst!"

Not Verified | United is giving Spirit a run for its money for worst customer service. I had a $1,100 flight credit and I tried to use it on 2 flights. One was flight $389 and the other was $455. I was told by a very rude customer service rep that I could only use the credit on one flight. Not only that. Any left over value would be forfeited. So I had to find a flight that was close to $1,100. That is completely unacceptable! Southwest Airlines would never do that! United you are the worst!
RouteLos Angeles to Scranton
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I was unable to get an upgrade"

Trip Verified | For years I have been at least a 1K flyer and for the last 3 years I have had GS status. What does all this loyalty lead to? Apparently -- not very much. On a recent trip from BWI to DEN and then back to IAD, as a GS flyer and using PlusPoints I was unable to get an upgrade on either leg -- and this despite there being many open seats in first more than 72 hrs before each leg. In addition, ground ops at both BWI and DEN were horrid with deplaning, cleaning, and boarding taking so long that time was unnecessarily lost. I appreciate that challenges that all the airlines are facing, but this is now getting pathetic and embarrassing. What is worse is that there is no ownership of the issues or any effort to genuinely apologize for the poor service delivered.
RouteDenver to Washington

United Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | United Airlines has become an inefficient, uncaring airline with bad service. Bad flight beginning to end, an pleasant start to a dream trip to Hawaii: flight was delayed because pilots arrived late, and then we waited another hour in the plane while they waited for paperwork to come. They allowed numerous passengers to bring 2 and 3 pieces of full size carry-on luggage, like suitcases and large duffel bags! Many passengers who followed the rules and only brought the 1 allowable piece of luggage ended up not having space in the overhead storage! When I mentioned something to the steward about that, she told me to just worry about myself. Really? Flight attendants never checked bathrooms, never replaced paper towels to dry hands or emptied the overflowing trash bins - halfway through the flight there were no hand towels, there were trash piles on the bathroom floor and trash actually in the aisle on front of the bathroom and the bathrooms were gross! Flight attendants could care less. To top it all off, we had to wait 45 minutes for our luggage at baggage claim. Crappy, uncaring service - come on United Airlines, do better.
RouteLos Angeles to Maui

"Uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Uncomfortable flight. Charged $3000 for an upgrade that I never got. Spent 2hours on hold to customer service only to be told I wouldn't get refunded for the money I had spent on that upgrade that they didn't give. Food dreadful. Lines around the corner in the airport. Customer service impossible to get through to.
RouteSan Francisco to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Never had a good flight with this airline"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Columbus to Chicago. Rude and uninformative staff. They put tags on some carry on when boarding without saying why and had us leave them outside the plane with a ticket in hand saying “pick up at gate”. Apparently that meant before gate and with no bags there some continued walking to the actual gate. The lady at the reception desk was very rude and immune to listening when she thought we were idiots. Never had a good flight with this airline.
RouteColumbus to Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2022

"expected me to sleep at the airport"

Not Verified | Booked my flight going home (OKC to ORD), get to the airport Friday afternoon and arrive at the desk in OKC to encounter the United nightmare. I am standing in the Priority line and see there are two people waiting on one guest. Then, one of the United workers call the next person to wait on, with no regard to me standing there. So I say ”is this the priority line” then here comes this guy to get me over to a machine that tells me that I can’t check my bags. He says you have to check your bags an hour before your flight - well I would have been able to had there been people working at the desk. So as I still waited on this individual that is unprofessional, incompetent, and ignorant to put me on the next flight, the horror worsened. Long story short, I missed three flights leaving OKC going to Chicago, then am told that they can book me a flight for the next day, Saturday. Had I wanted to fly out on Saturday, I would have booked my flight for Saturday and not Friday. They expected me to sleep at the airport, not happening. Then they try to give you this song and dance about how they can screw you over and keep your money!
RouteChicago to Oklahoma City via Houston
Date FlownJuly 2022

"has been a total disaster"

Not Verified | The last several times I have used United for my travel it has been a total disaster. I have missed multiple connections due to the plane’s not leaving on time mostly because of late arriving staff. We are way past the Covid excuse and they need to retrain the staff to be friendly. Not only horrible and inconvenient very costly This is the worst year ever for plane travel.
RouteTraverse City to Tampa
Date FlownJuly 2022

"never fly United Airlines again"

Not Verified | I will never fly United Airlines again. Poor service, almost they don't serve food. Flight attendants are having fun together, they are talking laughing and we are waiting for the lunch. Only two hours flight left and no lunch has been served yet. I am starving.
RouteAmsterdam to Newark
Date FlownJuly 2022

"went above and beyond all her duties"

Trip Verified | Yesterday me and my sister, and my grandfather flew to Santa Clara, CA. My sister got motion sick essentially and vomited. A very kind and helpful flight attendant, Laural, helped me and my sister clean up and she got all the supplies needed to clean up. She comforted my sister and made sure the whole process was simple and easy. Laural went above and beyond all her duties to make sure our United flight experience was better than ever.
RouteTampa to Santa Clara
Date FlownJuly 2022

"never fly with United Airline again"

Not Verified | Me and my husband were going to Hawaii for our 30th anniversary. So happy to go to Hawaii and than this happiness turn to a nightmare. As soon they start the plane the smell of the gas went inside in the cabin. The plane had a mechanical problem. They keep us for four an half hours on the plane. After 4 and half hours they decided to let us out of the plane .We waited 2 more hours at the Airport until they got another plane to take us to Honolulu. The time that we were supposed to be in Honolulu we still at the airport in DC. We lost one day of our vacation. We will never fly with United Airline again. The worse airline ever.
RouteWashington to Honolulu