United Airlines

"completely unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Denver to Phoenix. While flying with United, I had some great comments, mainly being appointed to the pilot, as well as several terrible experiences regarding customer service. From flight attendants being rude and unhelpful to representatives ignoring and showing poor concern to our flights and inability to fulfill their number one goal of providing great customer service. Something must be done about how we were treated because our time with United was completely unacceptable.
RouteDenver to Phoenix

"zero consideration"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Boise. Flight was delayed 4 hours before we even landed from our connecting flight. 3 more delays added to the first and absolutely no communication from United Airlines and zero consideration for the 12 extra hours spent in the terminal. Had to change flights to avoid another delay. If you’re going to delay that many times, just cancel the flight.
RouteLos Angeles to Boise

"a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Washington, DC to Tokyo Narita with United Airlines. All round a pleasant experience. Polaris Business is a vast improvement over the former 8 across business class configuration. Food was excellent (I took the Japanese meal), and service was always friendly and warm. The selection of movies and tv was enormous. United has cut back on some of the amenities first introduced with Polaris and I think this is a mistake because the cutbacks diminish United's ability to distinguish itself. In most important areas, however, the flight was just fine.
RouteWashington, DC to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"use a different airline"

Trip Verified | Tucson to Chicago O'Hare. Terrible. We arrived at the airport at 9:15 am for an 11:41 am flight. We were told that there was a problem with the aircraft and there would be a delay. After many more delays we finally left the gate at 10:40 pm. Unless your want to spend your time hanging out in the airport use a different airline.
AircraftE175
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteTucson to Chicago O'Hare
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I don’t recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Singapore. Got delayed and now have to wait 15 hours plus. If could give zero star I would. Gave us hotel vouchers to a hotel that was already full. Didn’t want to help us. I don’t recommend this airline.
RouteSan Francisco to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"bag still has not been located"

Not Verified | Denver to Oklahoma City. Damaged one bag and lost my carry on that I checked curbside as I was boarding. Spent 2 hours at the airport trying to locate my bag with no luck. Every time I call, I am placed on hold for 30-60 minutes. A week and a half later, my bag still has not been located and I have been told that it will take 10-12 weeks to be reimbursed once my claim has been approved.
RouteDenver to Oklahoma City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Arrived 5 mins late for bag check"

Trip Verified | Sioux Falls to Denver. Checked in online and checked a bag. Arrived 5 mins late for bag check and was denied my original flight. I was given a ticket for the next flight without my knowledge. I was told my bag would arrive later, not that I would also arrive later. Now sitting at the airport 5 minutes away from my home as I was advised I could not leave after my bag was checked. Terrible service. Will never fly United again.
RouteSioux Falls to Denver

"Zero customer service"

Trip Verified | Never ever again. I normally fly Delta but they didn’t offer service into the airport I needed. I paid a large fare for a first class upgrade and expected service would be similar to other major airlines. Nope. Even the premier check in was garbage. Zero customer service. Zero professionals in any area. Step up your game United Airlines!
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteDetroit to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the worst flying experience"

Trip Verified | Spokane to Ft Lauderdale via Chicago. My experience started when I checked in online the night before. I started to check in and received an email that I was only allowed a personal item and had to check any carry-on luggage. Although I believe a carry-on should be a standard accommodation I figured I would just do it when I got to the airport since the one I was flying out of is not very busy. I was very disappointing to find out that you must check your carry-on when you check in online or you are denied checking in until at the gate. To avoid bad seating I just did it online and payed the $30. When I got to the gate, things started to go south again. The crew was rude and not very accommodating. None of them smiled. The flight (end of December) was delayed because they had to de-ice the plane which is okay. To not get the fumes of the de-icer in the plane, they turned off the air conditioning so things got stuffy and hot real quick. The plane did not return below 80 degrees for the rest of the flight. I also happened to be in the row of seats that don't recline at all because of the emergency exits but the person in front of me did recline. So on my overnight flight I did not get any sleep because the conditions were so uncomfortable. During the flight, there was "bad turbulence" which was really actually mild so the crew did not provide the normal in-flight service. Because it took so long to de-ice the plane, I almost missed my connecting flight. Now, remember how my carry-on had to be checked. When I got to Florida, I was informed that my carry-on had not made it and would not for a several hours. This caused my girlfriend and her family whom I was visiting to have to wait around for several hours. The first relief I had with this terrible experience was the man at baggage claim service who did his best to justify some of the situation. He reimbursed the $30 for checking the missing carry-on and gave me a $10 food voucher to get lunch for the extra hours I was spending at the airport. He told me he deals with the product of terrible service all day and doesn't understand why United doesn't do more to value the customer experience. But he said his input is disregarded whenever he tries to raise the issues he sees everyday that could be easily fixed. Overall, this was the worst flying experience I have ever had and would recommend to any friend or stranger that they avoid United Airlines if at all possible. I will not be flying with them again if at all possible.
RouteSpokane to Ft Lauderdale via Chicago
Date FlownDecember 2019

" worst airline I have ever flown"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Seattle to San Francisco. United is the worst airline I have ever flown. They changed our flight to two hours earlier and did not notify us at all. When I contacted United customer service they refused to apologize. When they rebooked our flight they refused to seat my husband and I together. I was stuck in a middle seat far away from my husband, even though there were multiple empty seats together throughout the plane. The flight attendants were very off putting. We will never be flying this airline again. Stay away from them at all costs!
RouteSeattle to San Francisco