United Airlines

"the best customer service today"

Not Verified | I had the best customer service today regarding my flight from RIO to Houston. The person on the other end of the phone deserves a raise as this person worked with me when I needed help the most. I don't know the name of the person but this shows that there's still good people in this world to help. Very pleased with the help today. Saying this, if the start of my journey is on a positive note like I had on the phone today which Customer service gets a 10 then the rest of the trip does as well even before I take the trip back home after a long 8 weeks work trip.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"thanks to you I will stick to United"

Trip Verified | When I tell people that there is humans who are still caring and do their best to help us I truly mean it, today Mr. Steve Skewes helped me get home after another employee had said it would not be possible to make it home tonight because I missed a flight ‘due to my other one being delayed.’ I never argue with airlines because I know it’s nobody’s fault sometimes is the Mother Nature. I want to say thank You to Mr. Skewes at Washington Dulles United for helping me find another flight back it was all worth it, and thanks to you I will stick to United
RoutePhiladelphia to Washington
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"not recommend it to anyone"

Trip Verified | This is the worst flight I have ever been on. I missed my departure flight because they claimed the aircraft to transport me was faulty and so I arrived at my supposed destination a day after my chosen date. Coming back from my trip or vacation, my connecting flight was delayed and I was booked on the next available flight with 9 hours layover which was later changed to 11 hours 5 minutes. No food or water was even given as compensation. I was supposed to be at work but unfortunately I couldn’t make it because they cancelled the flight and kept extending the layover time. This is my first time flying United Airlines and I will definitely not recommend it to anyone. Their service is very poor because I have been at the airport the whole day after flying 11 hours from Africa to Washington. Look elsewhere for your tickets if you do not want to have this experience too
RouteAccra to Columbus via Washington
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"being lied to and delayed flights"

Not Verified | On Thurs Jan 7 my flight was delayed 45 minutes because they didn't have any flight attendants available. Flying home on Monday Jan 10 they delayed my flight 2 hrs. I asked for a manager and told him it was important I maintain my 11:30 flight schedule i asked to be transferred to a Delta flight that was the same time, he said that was acceptable and the baggage check in could make those changes. When I went to baggage check in they changed there mind and said the flight was booked. I offered to go to the Delta with them to verify they had available seats they became rude and said there was nothing they could to do. At end of the day I just bought a ticket on the Delta flight that they said was sold out. If you like being lied to and delayed flights United is for you anyone may want to choose another airline.
RouteMinnesota to Denver

"They are the worst"

I am not sure if anybody checks the customer reviews and I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody does. They are the worst, where do I start! No charger outlets, seats not reclining, bad service, unreachable customer service or call center! Always read Spirit Airlines bad reviews but United is the same! Did I mention I saw one guy bring on 4 carry-on's and took over 2 overhead bins!
AircraftBoeing 737-700W
RouteNewark to West Palm Beach
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"One of the worst airlines ever"

Not Verified | One of the worst airlines ever, had to rebook twice due to cancellation of plane, had to sleep in airport. Lost our luggage going and coming back, 4 days to get our luggage on the return trip. We flew last year 2021 and the same thing happen, they tell you to file a complaint on line, when they should be contacting the customer. Just unbelievable customer service, rude and just don’t care. Never never again with united airlines,
RouteColumbia to Houston via Dulles
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"don't mislead, and hold a flight"

Trip Verified | Our United flight was scheduled to leave Omaha at 6:00 AM on the Saturday before Christmas. Apparently several flights were scheduled to leave Omaha then and there was a bottleneck at the TSA. We made it and boarded our flight at 5:45. At 6:00, it was announced that we were holding the plane for 30 people stuck in security. Reasonable , but it created a smaller window for making our connection in Denver. There was then a mechanical delay and we left Omaha with a targeted arrival in Denver of 15 minutes before our departure time to Portland. I spoke to a flight attendant once in the air and expressed my concern about missing a connection. She found that 17 people on our flight were booked on the same flight to Portland. She said we may have to run, but typically when there are than many people potentially missing a connection, that they will hold a flight for a few minutes. Not completely reassuring, but I appreciate the attempt. There was mention of a cart at the gate, but this did not develop. We landed and deplaned 14 minutes before our connection was supposed to depart. I sprinted from our arrival gate to the connection departure gate and arrive as the first of 17 at 7:43, seven minutes before scheduled departure time. Our plane was still connected to the jetway and luggage was still being loaded, but the door had been closed. The agent at the gate said she was instructed to close the door and it could not be reopened. I made it clear that 16 other people with similar concerns were soon to arrive at the gate. She said it was not her choice to close the door and there was nothing that could be done. We were instructed to go see customer service and the agent left the gate. We went to customer service and that was disaster. Short version is that we had an overwhelmed agent book us on to a flight 13 hours later; while she slowly does this and adds us to a standby list for a 10:50 AM flight, three others from my flight get on standby before my wife and I. My wife is a rewards member so she goes to the top of the list, but I stay at 5 for a full flight. Wonder what will happen? We are given $10 food vouchers for our inconvenience, which do not cover a sandwich. While waiting for the 10:50, I see a United advertisement stating they are #1 in on time departures for five years in a row. I now understand why. At 10:40 when the doors are supposed to close, the flight has ten open seats due to late connections. Instead of giving the seats to standby passengers and closing the door like they did with our earlier flight, they announce that they are holding the flight for 10 minutes. Then a second agent shows up who starts to argue about closing the door. She sends the first agent away. At 10:48, she panics and calls up the first stand by (my wife) who scrambles to get a boarding pass and boards. There is one seat left at 10:49. I push for it, she yells at me as she prints a pass, and then a booked passenger shows up, takes my place, and the family is split. On my way back to customer service, I spot a Skywest to Eugene (100 miles from Portland). I hustle to the gate and try to board. The agent is great and I board to Eugene knowing I have to figure out a way home from there. I emailed this and more to United and they gave us a $75 credit. Not enough. Adjust your policies, don't mislead, and hold a flight! This was avoidable.
RouteOmaha to Denver via Portland
Date FlownDecember 2021

"They are not only unreachable, they are rude to the core"

Not Verified | We chose United Airlines for the sole reason that it is one of the few airlines offering a direct flight from the US to major Indian cities (we flew to Mumbai). I understand airlines are under stress during the third wave of the corona virus pandemic (January 2022). United was no exception and they cancelled our return leg of our flight back to the US. Until this point, I had no complaints. What sets the airlines (and any organization for that matter) apart is the customer service, and United barely registers. They are not only unreachable, they are rude to the core. They also failed to offer us a reasonable alternative when practically every other airline had multiple routes available. Terrible! I would stay away from United until the foreseeable future.
RouteWashington DC to Mumbai
Date FlownDecember 2021

"they really know how to roll out the red carpet"

Trip Verified | This is the 5th time I have flown with United and sat on tarmac for more then a hour but here I sit yet again, landed at 8.35 pm it is now 10.11 pm and still on the tarmac. I’m wondering who is the ring master to this circus and how a business operates with 100 planes and 3 doors/jetways. After a 4 hour flight 2 hours on the tarmac is unreal, they really know how to roll out the red carpet. I will not be flying United ever again.
RouteLos Angeles to Newark

"rude & uncaring"

Not Verified | Great Falls to Raleigh via Denver. So flight out was at 0655 & around 2100 the flight is cancelled due to crew issues. The message also said that United will be rebooking me. So I waiting for about a hour then called after hearing nothing. I was told by the computer that another flight was available & I requested to talk to an agent. The agent called me at midnight to tell me there was no flights available & I would have to drive in white conditions 4hrs to get another flight. Well weather got bad on the drive & missed that flight. To which I was chastised for not being there early & there was nothing they could do for me. So I had to cancel my whole trip, miss a close friend/family member’s wedding & of course they won’t refund me. So now I am out $1500, because they screwed up schedules for their crews! Worst part was how rude & uncaring everyone at United was.
RouteGreat Falls to Raleigh via Denver