United Airlines

"bag was delayed in SFO by United"

Trip Verified | My bag was delayed in SFO by United and I have submitted multiple claims and have not received any reimbursement. It has been 2 months and I have not even received an email reply. I am never flying United again. I am never checking a bag again. My bag arrived on the last day and I had 6 days of no clothes, no toiletries, nothing.
RouteReno to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"What a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | What a terrible experience. I always knew how rude, quick tempered and arrogant United Airlines cabin crew are. These ladies may know their job so well but that doesn’t give them right to be so aggressive to their guests. They don’t care about hospitality and guest satisfaction. Also, very gnarly food.
RouteTokyo to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2022

"go to a different airline"

Not Verified | Work airline that anyone could deal with. They made our move from the east coast to Guam extremely difficult. Because of them we kept getting stuck on Honolulu day after day with no money, no where to stay, no car, our luggage made it to Guam before we did, so of course we didn’t have any clothes either. My husband is active duty military and united has prevented him and his crew from going underway on schedule. Save your time, tears and money and go to a different airline. You’re better off with spirit.
RouteHonolulu to Guam
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I'll never fly them again"

Trip Verified | After 25 years of flying I avoid United like the plague. I had a trip and they had a good route, so I thought maybe they got better after specifically not flying them for a decade. No, they still suck. The people that work for them are awesome. The delivery of their product/service is the worst. Old planes, delays and cancellations .. they cost me so much time and $ by simply not delivering. So much money and experience they have, you'd think they could deliver, but No. I'll never fly them again.
RouteDenver to Portland
Date FlownNovember 2022

"hands off the worst airline"

Trip Verified | United is hands off the worst airline. I was traveling to visit my fiancé for thanksgiving. And I had just finished my last final in medical school so I was really happy but United ruined it. It all started when I tried checking in my bag. I am a United credit card holder so logically my first bag is supposed to be free. I tried adding the bag through the app but it kept charging me. So I contacted the customer service who requested me to seek help at the airport kiosk or the staff and reassured that it should be an easy fix. I agreed to it. When I sought help at the airport, the staff including the supervisor proceeds to tell me that I bought my flight with my miles so I am not eligible to check in my bag for free even though I am a card member. I tell them that the customer service rep confirmed that none of that should be a problem. They tell me to bring an email stating that. Now where am I supposed to find an email? I call the customer service again. Again, this is happening an hour and a half prior to my flight. The customer service rep tells me it shouldn’t be a problem. Miles are considered rewards not punishment. I try to hand over the phone to the United staff at MIA and they refuse to talk to him. They keep saying they want to see an email. The customer service rep tells me he can’t send any email other than a generic one per the airline policy. So the United staff at MIA leaves me at that without any help. The customer service rep tells me that I should just pay for the bag and request a refund later. As much as I didn’t want to go through the whole process of requesting a refund and all that, I agreed to it it because I didn’t want to let this ruin my day. Then, I head over to TSA, the nice lady checks my boarding pass and points me to the general line. But this man comes in and asks me to get my ID out before I even enter the line. Note that, there is a huge line at TSA (I am no where close to the TSA guy). I tell him that I have it right here in my hand’s reach but he won’t let me enter the line unless he sees it in my hand. I tell him the line is so long and I don’t want to drop it. Still, he won’t let me go in until he sees my ID in my hand. I have flown so many times in my entire life and I never had anyone stop me at the beginning of line and manhandled me like this. Then at TSA screen, their machine breaks and they lose my mac. I end up finding it in another lane. oh also, my flight gets delayed. I am not exaggerating. This is all happening in the same day. Once I get in the flight, the flight goes smoothly. But now I am worried because the arrival time is too close to the departure time of my connecting flight. Even after everything happened, I was hopeful that United will do its due diligence like every other airline, and hold the flight for at least 10min because that should be enough to get the passengers in from the delayed flight. Also, perhaps that the crew members would help these passengers out first to accommodate the delay. I am sorry but that just has been my experience with American and southwest. They just understood and helped. Little things but made a huge difference. But United did not do any of those. They had zero communications and did not make accommodations. Couple other passengers and I ran 30 gate gates over in 10min just do find that they closed the gate even though there is 10min left, means there was no communication about the delayed flight. (Text limit)
RouteMiami to San Antonio via Houston
Date FlownNovember 2022

"hands down the best flight"

(Fiji)

Trip Verified | Of the six flights I took with United, this was the best. No seriously, hands down the best flight. Although we had a really old 737-800 with super old IFE systems and no wi-fi the crew is what made the flight really memorable - the two who were in my section had a great personality, They were interacting with passengers and were really genuine about both service and safety. I really wish more United crew would learn from these two role models. The catering was a chicken sandwich which to be honest was the best and the cheesiest chicken sandwich I had ever had, I really wish United would offer these on HNL-GUM routes too instead of those cold pastas.
RoutePohnpei to Guam

"it is just mediocre"

(Fiji)

Not Verified | I flew this airline not by choice. I flew from LAX to Honolulu to Guam to Pohnpei and back the same way. The terminal was old and really run down. The terminal post TSA is dull and has absolutely 0 personality pretty much like staff this airline has employed. The aircraft a super old 777-200 took us from LA to Honolulu, the most embarrassing 777-200 I have ever seen in my life, it had no IFE, you had to stream it to your device. The cabin crew were laughable at best, they were all "aloha" and "mahalo" trying to create a "vibe" with flower in their hair etc and it is the most cringe thing I have seen in my life. No matter how hard they try to show they have a personality or try to be friendly it is just evident they are faking it and this is visible in the way they work. They don't come around the cabin with rounds of water, snacks etc, they don't interact with passengers stretching out in the galley etc. Even if you are carrying trash in your hand they will continue talking to each other totally ignoring you until you disturb them and ask. I am not saying the airline is bad, but it is not good either, it is just mediocre, literally buses with wings.
RouteLos Angeles to Honolulu
Date FlownNovember 2022

"abrupt and not respectful"

Not Verified | Needed WiFi to review a Google issue. Attendants stated I had to go to their website and enter credit card numbers to pay to get WiFi. Ridiculous and can’t believe I had to pay in the first place and then put credit card numbers on line. What happened to the tickets we paid for? Doesn’t that count? It’s not the cost but the principal. Attendants would not help to download the app. I am 77 yrs old and not computer literate and could have used assistance. They were abrupt and not respectful to a customer who paid for tickets. Last time I use United. Have trip coming up and will definitely use another airline. What an insult this was to a senior.
RouteLos Angeles to Denver
Date FlownNovember 2022

"said I need to rebook as I was late"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Honolulu, to Guam and then Manila. I missed my flight on nov 2 since online check in was not allowed. You go through Kiosks where you enter info but you need to wait for an agent to assist you. I was there. Twice I had to wait for an agent. There were so many people who needed assistance. I was running out of time then my final message was to line up to ‘additional services’. It was a super long line. Only 3 counters open. By the time it was my turn, they said I need to rebook as I was late. So they booked me next day. No charge. LAX to Honolulu 5 hours no food but a small cookie. Honolulu to Guam- 8 hours they offered some cold pasta that is not edible. Terrible presentation. Guam-Manila, 3 hour flight. They gave dinner. Warm good food, finally!
RouteLos Angeles to Honolulu
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I've had nothing but issues"

Not Verified | I've had nothing but issues the last 5 times I've flown with United. This time my flight has been delayed 5 times in 5 hours and had it's gate moved. If I'm paying close to $1000 for tickets I expect things to run smooth, not spend an entire work shift amount of time waiting at an airport.
RouteDenver to Arkansas