United Airlines

(Brazil)

GIG-IAH-NRT. I succeeded in sending my luggage directly to NRT. No need to pick it up at IAH and then check it again. Flight 1: GIG check-in staff very nice. Lounge (GOL low cost) very poor and packed. Flat seat 9D very nice. This part of Business class is much more noisy because close to engines. To be avoided at all costs. FA's very pleasant and smiling. Decent food. Poor drinks. Smooth 9 hours flight with constant info form flight deck. Surprising wide choice of IFE On time. Had to go through immigration and security in IAH. Lounge staff very pleasant. Food awful. Alcoholic beverages charged (>US1000 a glass). Fantastic shower and shower staff. Flight 2: Seat 1L. The best seat on board much more space 3 windows Silent. Same aircraft by coincidence. FA rather unpleasant and rude. Take it or leave it. Very bad food. Horrible Champagne. A nice white Bourgogne that ended after 30 min. At 11.50am lunch was completed then believe it or not no food during the next 12 hours! A tray with 2 types of frozen sandwiches was available in a corner self service. United is saving money on a 14 hour flight on food? One hour before landing greasy breakfast. Luggage quickly delivered.

United Airlines customer review

I may be done with United. Have had gold or platinum status for years but am getting increasingly concerned with linking flying to shopping and spending more money. As much as I hate to give up the three bags the comfortable lounges in airports it is becoming too stressful to keep up. I have almost lost respect for the airlines. Shop till you drop seems to be the key here. We are losing miles we have to spend more shop more buy the credit card. No other alliance does what United does.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

United Airlines customer review

First off let me preface that I am not a frequent flyer so I tend to give airlines the benefit of the doubt if there is ever any problems. In the past 6 months I have flown two round trips with United one was non-stop and the other had 1 connecting flight. Every single one of those flights were delayed by an average of 2 hours. I would understand if there were weather conditions that cannot be foreseen but all the delays happened in Florida and California both of which had great weather. I even signed up for text alerts to get notified of these things and my alerts either came in an hour before the scheduled departure flights or never came I'm at all. That defeats the purpose of the alerts because you should to be at the airport about 2 hours prior to your flight. When I went to ask the staff at the counter at the airport they all seemed clueless and was not able to help me alleviate my concerns at all. Some were even downright rude and short with me. These inconveniences have almost cost me to be stranded at the airport because those my friends and family were not able to pick me up. I am more than furious at the less than poor customer service that United has to offer. I've spent hundreds probably even thousand of dollars to travel with this airline but I've failed to receive the proper service and professionalism from their staff and company overall. It is sad to say but I will not be flying with United Airlines anytime again soon. I would rather pay a bit more for other airlines just to ensure that I will receive the kind of service that I should be receiving as a customer.

United Airlines customer review

I did my first transatlantic travel with UA premium economy on 11/15/2014 IAH-MUC 767-400ER. Plane was clean entertainment systems fully functioning great service onboard. Food was a bit underwhelming but it's economy so not much can be added there. Beverage carts made fairly frequent trips. Crew did a good job.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

United Airlines customer review

Don't pay extra for business on United. We just flew United from Vancouver to Oahu via San Francisco and are now on our way back. We paid the extra for business class - the "breakfast" on our first flight consisted of a scone. On a 6 am flight you don't exactly have a chance to grab a bite before departure. There was WiFi on this flight and it had personal TVs which are better than nothing but not quite up to what we are used to with Air Canada. We barely made our connection in SFO - our bags were not so lucky. The next flight had personal TVs but no Wifi. The latter would have been really useful on the long flight. At least we finally got breakfast. The flight crew was inattentive on both flights. On the way home the long haul flight back to the mainland did not have personal TVs or overhead screens but it had WiFi! That was great for as long as my laptop battery lasted but alas the old seats had no power outlets or USBs so my joy was short-lived. Both of our seats were not capable of staying in the upright position and would slowly recline. We chose United over Air Canada as we didn't want an overnight flight home. Next time we will go direct with WestJet and cram into their tiny seats in exchange for a direct flight that operates at a convenient time. We wish Air Canada would put back their daytime flight home. In summary - service and amenities on United are inconsistent even in United First. Even when they are at the top of their game it's all pretty marginal.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

Horrible customer service at SFO. United flight was delayed into SFO from Vancouver so I missed my connecting flight to San Diego. We got into SFO at 11.50. I am still waiting in line with similar stranded passengers at the customer service area at gate 82 where there are two attendants helping 100 plus people. The attendants at the gates will not help us even though there is no line. This is deplorable. SFO is a United hub. There are United employees and gate attendants everywhere and yet there are only two people willing to help all these stranded passengers. I have been stranded many times with many other airlines and have never had such poor service. I will never fly United again.

United Airlines customer review

United 1064 on November 25 from Newark to Boston. I think United must go out of their way to design a seat as pathetic as is in row 32 on their 737-700. These are narrow don't recline and have no legroom. I travel a lot on business. Luckily I generally have a choice in airlines and I wont be choosing United again.

United Airlines customer review

Flew Business class between Australia and California (Sydney to San Francisco and LA to Melbourne). It was my first time flying Business class as I normally fly Economy or Premium Economy and as such I was looking forward to it. Overall I was very disappointed: food was average toilets were dirty and did not appear to have been cleaned difficult to get the staff's attention staff not willing to smile even when I was smiling at them meal service was disjointed (on one flight they offered a bread roll and some wine after I had finished my main course on the other flight they took my glass away for a refill and didn't bring it back) and the staff kept on bumping me when they walked past. The only good thing was the beds lie flat but otherwise I was very disappointed and I found that the Premium Economy on other airlines is much better (such as Qantas Virgin or Singapore). I will not waste my money on United Airlines again.

United Airlines customer review

I took a United flight from GRU (Sao Paulo) - IAD (Washington DC) in Business First. When I first came to the airport I saw the flight would be delayed for 5-10 minutes. The flight time was originally 12.05 am but because of the delay it was supposed to depart at 12.15 am. So it was ok. But then after I board the flight does not leave until 12.40 am because they were waiting for passengers to board so obviously some passengers were late. In Air the flight crew was nice but they seemed like old United flight attendants to me. So they seemed a little cold to me. But the flight was good and I slept for 4 hours out of the 8 hours. I was glad the flight attendants gave my son the executive dining with out him asking. But the flight entertainment was ok. So it was an ok flight and it was better than the average United flight.

(Sweden)

Stockholm to San Francisco USA October 8th. The first plane with Lufthansa from Stockholm to Frankfurt on October 8 was OK. The plane from Frankfurt UA 927 to San Francisco did not start at all and we were all transported to a hotel. The next day October 9 after much waiting I was rebooked to Chicago UA 906 with further connection there. This plane did not start either. Waited on the plane for six hours before it finally left so I missed my connection. A few hours rest and back to the airport in the early morning on October 10. I got the flight to San Francisco nearly two days later than was scheduled.