United Airlines

"removed her mask after the flight took off"

Not Verified | On the ticket it clearly states must wear mask. I was on a connecting flight from Denver to Boise and the passenger next to me removed her mask after the flight took off. Nothing was said to her by the attendant I did not say anything due to the fact that it would be a passenger that would throw a tantrum and I did not want to make a scene. Besides the fact it was the attendant’s job. It was a full flight no seats between passengers.
RoutePhiladelphia to Denver via Boise

"They are terrible"

Not Verified | United Airlines is the worst to work with, when booking a flight, doing anything on their website and talking to them over the phone. I had two vouchers ($108 and $20) I am trying to book 2 flights as we speak. They took my voucher, subtracted it from the total and charged my card the rest of the amount but then never received a confirmation email, charge went through and now they won't let me have my tickets nor my vouchers back. I have been on the phone for 40 minutes! A total of $128 of vouchers! They are terrible.
Date FlownJuly 2020

"prefer to give me the future credit"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | During the COVID-19, I can't fly from Thailand to USA because the territorial sky is closed and I can't travel there and use domestic flight with United Airlines. I try to refund my money but United Airlines prefer to give me the future credit which is useless for me because we do not know when the outbreak will end. Moreover, I need to pay more money to them if I use my future credit. It's ridiculous. However, I got my full money back from Korean Airline and Delta Airline. Even my ticket is non-refundable, they did the great job and did their responsibility fully.
RouteAlbuquerque to San Francisco
Date FlownMay 2020

"Overall poor experience"

Trip Verified | Palm Springs to San Fransico. Poor customer service (rude and short). Terrible checked bag policy. Terrible check in policy. We checked in online and then we’re told that our ticket did not allow that, and we risked missing the flight if we did it again. Overall poor experience and staff members were unhelpful and condescending.
RoutePalm Springs to San Fransico
Date FlownJuly 2020

"My flight was fantastic"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Sydney via San Francisco. My flight was fantastic, the Crew were polite and welcoming. They frequently came around in case anyone wanted refreshments and when i fell asleep and missed meal time, i got given my meal as soon as I woke up. I was given a whole row to myself to ensure social distances measures were met. There were plenty of movies/tv shows to pick from and they also provided dietary specific meals, which I hadn’t had previously on other airlines. So if the crew is reading this, I’d like to give a huge thank you!
RouteVancouver to Sydney via San Francisco
Date FlownJuly 2020

"told me to return to my seat"

Trip Verified | Prior to take off I attempted to practice social distancing and had moved to the seat in front of me which had no passengers in that row. I was previously in a row with another unknown individual who was also concerned about his health. The FA approaches and told me to return to my seat. After questioning social distancing practices she told me that social distancing is no excuse to move seat and if I was worried about social distancing I wouldn’t be here. I don’t think you know everyone’s situation, and could probably use a little work on those people skills. I’m a regular United passenger and haven’t had similar experiences in the past. If you’re concerned with yours and others health and well being I’d say skip United all around after this experience.
RouteDenver to Oklahoma City
Date FlownJuly 2020

"forced me to check my bag"

Trip Verified | I am a mileage plus member and had a family crisis forcing me to travel during a pandemic. Because it states that as long as you are a mileage plus member you can bring a bag regardless of your ticket type. I booked economy to save the money. Not only did the force me to pay for the bag because my husband booked it under his mileage plus account, but then forced me to check my bag. The flight was maybe 20% full. I begged to not check and was told “there is plenty of overhead room on the plane, but I had the wrong ticket”. Again I had my plus card with me. According to United disclaimer this is all I needed to carry on a bag. I have been a frequent flyer for years. United does not care, they let me pay them additional money and forced me to stop and pick up a bag. Heartless. I paid even more money to upgrade so I wouldn’t have to do this on the way home. Never again
RouteChicago to Tampa

"Worst experience flying"

Trip Verified | Worst experience flying I have ever had. Our flight was set to board at 8:00 according to our boarding passes. We arrived at the gate at 8:03. The plane had already been boarded and the flight crew closed the doors. When I asked to speak to a manager I was told it was my fault because it was 8:03 and boarding was 8:00. The United staff was rude and just kept saying sir you were late. How can a plane board close and push off in three minutes. Who teaches customers service where you tell the paying customer they are wrong and it’s their fault?not a single person wanted to help and even had any concern that our luggage would be ahead of us. This airline and it’s employees and policies are trash.
RouteNashville to New Jersey
Date FlownJuly 2020

"never travel this airline again"

Trip Verified | 8lbs overweight for 1 bag charged me 105 dollars. I didn't even have a carry on, I will make sure to never travel this airline again. I really love those charges you get right when you are at the counter, with basically no choice but to pay it. Thanks again.
RouteJackson to Houston
Date FlownJuly 2020

"wish to thank United Airlines"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | I wish to thank United Airlines during the recent covid-19 pandemic. They were incredible. We had tickets on another airline we had bought using credit card points. When that airline's flights were cancelled due to recent regulations concerning entering the US at particular points of entry, and when the EU was on the verge of closing its borders, United stepped up and accepted the other airlines points and allowed us to fly with them instead. During a crises, this airline did not concern itself with only making money but doing the right thing to help stranded travelers. I cannot thank them enough for what they did to help us and no doubt countless others in similar predicaments. I will, from now on, only think in terms of this airline as being our savior.
RoutePrague to Phoenix via London