United Airlines

"largely uneventful"

Trip Verified | Washington to London Heathrow . An uneventful flight though I wish United flight attendants would just be more welcoming and smile more! This Monday evening flight from Washington Dulles to London Heathrow was largely uneventful. I estimate the cabin was two thirds full. So boarding was fairly smooth and the aircraft pushed off on schedule. As there was some turbulence after take-off, dinner service was slightly delayed. When served, there was a choice of Chinese chicken or vegetarian pasta. The chicken dish was fine while the accompanying salad was very appetising. Vanilla ice-cream was served for dessert. After dinner, lights went down while water bottles were handed out regularly for guests to rehydrate. Prior to landing, a light breakfast snack was handed out: good quality strawberry yogurt left down by a poor quality croissant with jam though no butter. Overall, the flight was fine. It would have been a much better experience if the flight attendants were more personable. Even among themselves they did not appear to enjoy their job.
RouteWashington to London Heathrow
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"worst airport experience "

Not Verified | Salt Lake City to San Francisco. At the gate boarding the plane I was stopped and my personal item bags size was checked. My backpack has lots of straps so they would get caught. After tucking the straps in my bag fit just fine. However, my gate attendent told me it didn't fit and she would be charging me. I declined as I and the people around me all noted my bag fit in their predetermined slot size. She replied I would not be able to fly unless I paid and as I had no choice at the gate I had to pay, however her attitude was rude and condescending and it's safe to say that before I even stepped fit on the plane it was my worst airport experience ever. It is safe to say I will never fly United air again after this trip unless the 65 dollars she charged me at the gate is refunded. What a nightmare she was. United you should have a talk with this gate attendent who was absolutely terrible to deal with.
RouteSalt Lake City to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not attending to the people"

Trip Verified | Newark to Memphis. The trip was motto comfortable. The airline Stewardess were not attending to the people on the plane. There was no drinks or beverages available.
RouteNewark to Memphis

"Simply the worst food"

Not Verified | Newark to Honolulu. Simply the worst food we've ever been served on any business class flight. The quality was poor, and there was only one option. We will choose another airline when there is an option. The cabin crew was friendly, but the plane hadn't been properly cleaned from the prior flight.
RouteNewark to Honolulu
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"plane is so absolutely uncomfortable"

Not Verified | Orlando to Chicago. 4 hours delayed due to a mechanical problem with the plane. The staff seems like they could care less. I'm sure after the 4 hour delay time there will be another delay. Can't United get us a different plane? I don't even feel comfortable flying in a plane that was just repaired. Also the plane is so absolutely uncomfortable, I'll never fly United airlines again. 0 stars
RouteOrlando to Chicago
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"No customer service available"

Not Verified | Miami to Tel Aviv via Newark. No customer service available. Flight delayed from Miami to Newark because of problem with plane, that happens. I was told that an agent would meet me at the gate to help me to get to the connection gate. No one was there Got to the connection gate, plane still there, they would let me board. Told to go to customer service, no one there. Called customer service, on hold for more than an hour and was told they couldn’t help me but there was no customer service at airport, it was midnight. What to do? I rebooked to Tel Aviv for next day, 17 hours later. Arrived Tel Aviv, bag didn’t arrive and once again no customer service from United.
RouteMiami to Tel Aviv via Newark

"Good job United"

Not Verified | The person issuing a ticket in St. Louis was not that friendly. But then we took the four hour flight from Newark to Panama City and couldn’t be more pleased with the service that we received. Alex and the woman with him did an excellent job. Alex was so personable and attentive that it was a pleasure to fly with him. I ordered the beef and it was very good. Good job United.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteNewark to Panama City
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"my experience was very good"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Newark. United gets a lot of bad press, however my experience was very good. Online check-in via the United app was easy; there were no queues at Dublin airport for the bag drop-off. Staff at the bag drop and boarding area were efficient and courteous. The aircraft pushed back on time and arrived ten minutes ahead of schedule into Newark. The FAs were again efficient and courteous, though not particularly friendly; a few more smiles would have earned them a higher rating. Alas, the breakfast meal was not tasty, actually very bland. So again some room for improvement. Against these quibbles, the fare was excellent value, a new Boeing 787 and very good punctuality.
RouteDublin to Newark
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"horrible and incompetent service"

Trip Verified | Everett to San Francisco. My early morning flight was delayed due to weather problems in the morning while other airlines reroute their flights from SFO to San Jose airport. After coming back to the front desk I was "recommended" to re-book and put on the next flight which one was after 6 hours because the front desk assistant said this flight could be "cancelled". I had to wait for 45 minutes at the luggage counter to get my checked in bag. Immediately when I got my bag the original flight was rescheduled again ... I rushed back to the gates, and they closed gates right before my eyes missing that just by 30 seconds. I don't know how they can justify that. I have never experienced such a horrible and incompetent service.
AircraftBA9402
RouteEverett to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"canceled our return flight"

Trip Verified | We were unable to make our first flight from Houston to San Antonio because we were stuck in Atlanta because we had to take our baby to the emergency room. We managed to still make it to San Antonio via other means but on our return flight, we found out that United had canceled our return flight because we were unable to make the first one. They’ve always consistently been a pretty terrible airline (especially when flying internationally) so to be honest I’m not really surprised they would do something so stupid.
RouteSan Antonio to Houston