United Airlines

"disappointed in the service"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed in the service. My flight changed 4 times due to a delay from another aircraft. Which I can understand. However my 9:15 flight was delayed till midnight , then another 30 minutes went by because they wanted to load the plane with other passengers. That rubbed me the wrong way. 4 hour delay and you make us wait longer for a more profitable flight? None of the other options they sent worked as I was there for 24 hours for a wedding. I expected to be taken care of in some way even some sort of “I’m sorry this happened and the way you were treated” but I got nothing but excuses. I was out a day in my hotel, car rental as they closed plus the added taxi. More importantly I was out family time.
RouteDenver to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2021

"poor customer service"

Not Verified | I booked a flight with United Airlines back in 2020 for a trip to Mexico that got cancelled due to COVID and was told only half the ticket would be charged instead the full amount was. Trying to reuse the ETC that I was given instead of my original tendered payment should have been the first sign. However, I was forced to pay the difference between the underfunded amount the new ticket cost. Fast forward to September 30 I logged on to check my flight time only to find an issue with my tickets - a big issue, like they have canceled my wife and I's ticket. To make matters worse, they never called and I was forced to fly with another airline but the cost was sufficiently higher and United Airlines refused to cover the difference even though it was there fault. They quit providing customer service because altogether they owe me Over $800 that I will never see. My advice is to fellow air travelers is to fly with another, especially after the poor customer service that was received.
RouteCharleston to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownOctober 2021

"she was super friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | I had a very long day after missing my first flight due to an Airport train being broken and also myself is also to blame for misjudging the Denver security line, but I was 3-5 minutes late for boarding. I then talked to quite a few United agents and long story short the last United agent I talked to was Michelle (who boarded us to Knoxville) and she was super friendly and helpful and went out of her way to help me. Thank you again Michelle, you really changed my attitude towards United in a positive way!
RouteDenver to Knoxville
Date FlownOctober 2021

"wanted to say thank you to airline"

Trip Verified | I had flight to Newark this morning, and my ESTA was cancelled, I started new application it didn’t allowed me to make a payment for new application. I spoke with airline they said all is okay and I can make my way to airport, At airport I came to know that I will have to make a payment for new ESTA, I made payment and before I could receive approval my flight was departed, and that’s where my worry started, I was told to call agent to make a new reservation instead I called airline and spoke with lady, she was very kind and airline policy was very relaxed she told me three will be no charge for new reservation, I waited for ESTA to approve, it was approved and called airline again, this time I spoke with man, he understood my situation he booked me on afternoon flight and I boarded on plane and still I am Enroute to my destination. In flight experience was great. I just wanted to say thank you to airline for this kind gesture I was expecting to pay around £500 for same day flight, United saved my plan.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Newark

"movies had commercials"

Trip Verified | We’ve been trained to expect flying for four or five hours cramped, sitting with our knees tight against seat in front, squeezing in and out to get up, and pushing and grunting past others in the aisle. On my Oct 11 flight from Newark to Phoenix, they reached another low: movies had commercials. Furthermore, during an exciting scene in a Star Trek movie, a stewardess announced a sale on Hawaii trips over all entertainment, giving it the priority of flight instructions. You’ve sunk that low?
RouteNewark to Phoenix

"Highly disappointed"

Trip Verified | We were scheduled to fly out of Columbus on 9/11/2021 at 8:05ish. We arrived at the airport at 6:00am, plenty of time or so we thought. We got in line to check our one bag. There was probably 8 people ahead of us, two lines were going at the same time. Well, I guess we chose the wrong lane along with 8 other people. Our attendant kept taking other people ahead of us and we all missed our flight. We didn’t get our bag checked in time because someone on a later flight was checking literally 16 huge bags. Once our flight left, along with our children (they were in the other line), we were told to wait and someone would get us on another flight. Finally we were put on another flight that now was to leave at 2:00pm and arrive in Pensacola at 7:00 with a 3 hour layover in Washington DC. Our kids would have to wait at the airport for 6 hours. I went to the counter to check our bag at 10am, only to be told that our flight had been cancelled because there we no attendants. I asked what I should do because my kids were going to be in Pensacola in 3 hours without us and no where to stay and no where to go. The attendant at the counter switched us to a Delta flight that left in 45 minutes, but it would get us to Pensacola an hour after our kids got there. So, we checked our bag and ran to the gate, after having to pay again for checking a bag, but that was the least of my worries at that point. Thank God we were able to do it. We had a layover at Atlanta, we were able to make our next flight because we literally ran from A concourse to C concourse, Not an easy feat for this lady. But we made it and made it to Pensacola at 2:pm. All I can say is the morning ticket/baggage attendants in Columbus need to be retrained on their job or fired. Highly disappointed.
RouteColumbus to Pensacola via Washington
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they forced us to check in that bag"

Not Verified | For the 1st time I travelled with United and I am fully disappointed with the service and specially staffs of United at the boarding gate. I boarded 2 flights in the same day, no one asked if you have kid you can go inside first where other airlines provide this facility. At the end moment they are saying no space for cabin bag. I have a wheeled cabin bag where I had all important documents, they forced us to check in that bag. We told we can’t as it is very important to us if it will be missed we can go for visa interview and we need to travel internationally for 40 hours. The staff said it’s your choice, you gonna miss your flight if you do not check in the luggage. I already had laptop bag which has 3 laptops inside of 7 kg with that I emptied the documents bag which is again of 7 kg. I carried 14 kg luggage all the way of my approximately 40 hours journey and the empty bag they checked in which was completely useless for me what I specially bought for documents before the travel.There is high chance your checkin bag may get delayed or get missed ,how can we keep our important docs there?
RouteWashington to Newark

"They constantly disappoint"

Trip Verified | My flight from SFO was canceled on United last minute this morning, causing me to miss my family reunion event in Connecticut. United put me on a later flight, in a middle seat. They would not help switch my seat, neither at the gate nor when I was on the aircraft. They also made me check my carry-on luggage! I never have a good experience with this airline. They constantly disappoint, putting the airline first, rather than the client.
RouteSan Francisco to Hartford via Chicago
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Delayed on the layover and still waiting"

Trip Verified | They changed the flights we had booked. The first flight they changed from 5am to 7am to apparently combine flights but did not have enough staff to accommodate the amount of reservations. The lady told us we wouldn’t make our flight but still checked our luggage. The return flight we booked due to work and travel. Changed to a time with 4 hour layover abs late night. Called abs had to invest the time to reschedule. Delayed on the layover and still waiting.
RouteDenver to El Paso
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I will never use them again"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Roanoke Virginia to Orlando Florida to go the the funeral of a close friend who was like a father to me. When I arrived approximately 90 minutes before departure time I was informed that my flight had been cancelled and that they had taken the liberty of putting me on a different flight that was leaving the next morning and heading to Chicago and then had me landing in Orlando 2-3 hours after the funeral was over. I received emails from the time I booked the flight all the way until after the flight was scheduled to land about a variety of subjects but nothing about a cancellation. When I was at the airport staff informed me that several flights from that airport to Orlando left that day and if I had been informed I could have booked another flight and made the funeral. So after several attempts to reach customer care on the phone to no avail, I sent an email explaining my issues, and after two weeks they returned my email and basically said sorry and heres 75 dollar credit on your next flight with United airlines. That credit will sit there forever because I will never use them again. I would rate them in negative numbers if it would let me. Definitely don’t deserve the 1 minimum rating that your system makes me give them
RouteRoanoke to Orlando via Washington