Ryanair

Customer rating from 2061 reviews

Ryanair customer review

My new wife and I were on our Honeymoon in Kos Greece. We booked through Thomson who organised everything. Outbound we flew Easyjet and had no real issues we had one small hold bag each and 1 small piece of hand luggage. We live in Jersey and do not have Ryanair there. Therefore we knew nothing about it. On the way home we were flying with Ryanair but had not heard of any of their "rules". At check we were asked for our boarding passes. As we did not have them we got charged £70 for both. Essentially we paid £140 for two pieces of paper! Then they said we had not paid for the luggage online. We paid a further £160 to get one bag on. Then we found out that there are no allocated seats unless you pay more money to become priority passengers. Paid a further £20 each to guarantee we sat together. We could have bought a whole new flight with a non low cost airline for that much! It was the worst travelling experience with have both had.

Ryanair customer review

I travel with them several times a year. I fly between England and Germany. This year I have travelled with them 4 times. After arriving at Bremen airport today my partner and I entered the queue to hand over her luggage. We had paid an additional 30 EUR the night before in order for her to take one piece of 15kg luggage as it is not included in the Ryanair booking price. My partner was flying to Stansted which is about 40 Miles north of London. After 5 minutes of standing in the queue the Ryanair person working at the desk disappeared and was talking to her friend at the hand luggage and boarding card control desk. I went over and asked her why she was not manning the desk any more and she said "because I only take luggage 40 minutes before take-off". When I said "but we were waiting there and you closed the desk without even telling us" she then lost her patience and got really rude. Subsequently we paid the 60 euros. They call themselves a "no-frills airline" but in effect they are indeed an uncaring "no-service airline". I would give them one star out of 10 for their airport staff. I will not be flying with them again.

Ryanair customer review

First time user of Ryanair so to be on the safe side booked seats and got priority boarding. We were very surprised at how smoothly everything went. Coming back from Palma it was obvious the people in front of us had used Ryanair before. They were a couple with two children and had put a large bag on the floor with coats on top and got the youngest child to lay on it. The father had another large bag over his shoulder. The Ryanair staff were walking down the line as we were waiting to board with a box the size of what suitcases were allowed a shand luggage but I never saw them check against anybody's luggage. Some of the so called hand luggage was almost as big as my hold suitcase. After we all boarded a young couple squashed into the extra legroom pretending to let people pass by then were amazed that there was no seats left together so they ended up sitting there. We the ignorant passengers had to pay for our extra leg room.

Ryanair customer review

On the way back from Portugal at the airport realised I had no boarding passes and was told the choice was the only way to get back to London was to pay 70 euros each - 2 adults one child it took the seconds to print our tickets. Once we paid up I think was very bad service.

Ryanair customer review

Flew Stansted-Rome for a short stay with friends almost got bowled over by the rush to get off the bus and onto the plane to get seats. Then on the way back at the Rome check-in our checked bag was determined to be too heavy even though it was exactly the same weight it had been on the way out so we had to take items out and add them to the carry-on bag before we could check the bag in. I would only recommend Ryanair to someone who had absolutely no other way of getting to his destination.

Ryanair customer review

Nothing cheap about Ryanair make a mistake and they make you pay dearly. My family of four missed the flight Stansted to Trieste by being held up by immigration and security rebook flight next day £440 penalty original cost was £220 return flight so do the maths. Being a first time traveller with Ryanair we are from Australia. Ryanair is an experience you don't want to do to often.

Ryanair customer review

Just got back with Ryanair from Spain and not had this problem before but thought I will share what mistake I made. I got a££100 charge for baggage on return as I did not pay for both ways new one for me as I have always used the same way to book my Ryanair flights and never had this before? I suggest you all look at an alternative flight company as Ryanair yet again stoop lower than a snakes belly to catch even the most loyal of their customers out. I will most definitely not use Ryanair again.

Ryanair customer review

Manchester - Palma. Paid for extra leg room which came with priority boarding. Well worth the £15 each way to not stand in the queue to board or worry about not being sat together. The seats are very narrow and each seat is separated by an immovable board so you can not straddle empty seats. Can not understand the reviews of people complaining about getting charged for not having their boarding pass. Ryanair email a week before to tell you that you must check in online. No excuse in the world will get you out of this but you are told by email. They also email you the day before the flight with the hand baggage measurements so no excuses there either. Where they do let themselves down is when the flights are delayed they offered no information whatsoever and there was a four hour wait of everyone staring at the screens. Planes are also often dirty due to them not being cleaned in the short turn around time. As long as you're flying to a proper airport and not a satellite (and end up paying for train/taxi/bus to get 60 miles+ to where you wanted to go!) one then they tend to be the cheapest by a long way as long as you play by the rules. For a 2 hour flight I can get over the lack of service and the slightly uncomfortable seating. Even booking extra leg room they were still 150 quid cheaper than anybody else for return flights.

Ryanair customer review

Ryanair use very small airports Dusseldorf Weez is not anywhere near Dusseldorf (90 km) and public transport is not easily available - very easy to be stranded. Outgoing flight OK return flight airport staff very poor and continuously checking hand luggage for size and weight obviously trying to increase revenue. Flight staff unhelpful and only interested in additional sales booking in very difficult to get right and easy to fall into Ryanair penalties. Consider other airlines before you use this company.
Value For Money N/A

Ryanair customer review

I am new to Ryanair and booked a return flights for a 17 day holiday in Spain. When printing out the boarding pass (which is compulsory) I find that I can only print out the outbound boarding pass and not the return because of the 15 day advance booking in rule (not an Issue with Easyjet). When I asked the Customer services if Ryanair can print the boarding pass for me at Alicante Airport I was told this would cost £70 which is more than the flight cost. I have no access to a PC and printer at my destination so not sure how I will get back. This is the last time I fly with Ryanair.