Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

Like a conveyor belt there is no hospitality from staff. Herded on like cattle as plane was late getting in from previous flight. What really got me was the fact we had paid to have 2 (15kg) cases in the hold but had to have our hand luggage (Sports bag type - a mere 5-6 kilos) crammed under our legs as there was quote 'no room' in the overhead lockers because it is crammed with 10kg luggage cases. So basically we pay and get our legs cramped for over 2 hours and those who don't have priority baggage space and leg space! Must remember that next time if there is a next time. I don't think we got acknowledged from staff at all apart from if we wanted to purchase anything.

Ryanair customer review

I have flown Ryanair many times but only when there is no other viable option. Other airlines go to my destination but not in the short time nor low 'fare' cost this does not mean I dread each and every trip. Fingers crossed my next trip will just get there and that's all I want. Staff are rude and disinterested I worry if they would cope in an urgent situation. I am not satisfied with Ryanair it's just a matter of limited options. Overpriced cardboard sandwiches and so to the lukewarm drinks but again I know this and don't buy them.

Ryanair customer review

Flew Ryanair for the first time in July. Were not aware that reserving a seat gave you priority boarding! Had 3 seats in back row had to board from the front! No room for hand luggage by the time we sat down luckily staff helped out. Seats had little leg room flight to Crete left an hour late! On return got seats with more leg room bliss. Only real nightmare is reserving seats online outside UK. That said fight was cheaper than other airlines and was a new route to the west of the island we were very pleased.

Ryanair customer review

Travelled for the first time from Stansted to Kos return. Was dubious because of reading poor reviews but we booked extra legroom seats and measured and weighed luggage before we travelled and everything was very smooth. Plane was very clean cabin crew very good and cheerful. Also Ryanair emailed us prior to flight to make sure we were aware of restrictions on baggage etc and also reminding us to print boarding pass. All in all a good experience.

Ryanair customer review

Having travelled very recently with Ryanair from Stansted to Dublin I have to say I would avoid travelling with them again. We had checked in online and reserved seats but one of our party had a non-EU passport so as directed on the boarding pass he went to show his passport at the check in desk only to be told that he couldn't fly to Ireland as he didn't have a visa. Would it not be sensible for a warning to come up to notify passengers of this requirement when booking the ticket instead of someone arriving at the airport and being refused boarding! It was the attitude of the girl on the check in desk that was incredulous she was unsympathetic and very rude. Customer care/service obviously not part of her training.

Ryanair customer review

We went to Spain from 8th-16th when we booked we had to fork out £50 for 1 suitcase so we had to share! This was the first time I have been with Ryanair and I wont be returning. We didn't have a clue that you had to rush to find a seat on the plane. Once on the flight we had to sit in seats that hadn't been cleaned. On the return we arrived with 1 suitcase and me with 1 hand luggage our suitcase had jumped up to 21kg so it was either pay or throw something out. In the end a towel and a pair of shoes got chucked and we ended up with only 19kg. We bought duty free turns out it takes 1 hour to get through your gate due to the fact you have to fit all duty free in your hand luggage and your hand luggage has to be 10kg or under! I do not recommend at all!

Ryanair customer review

My husband and I were on a 14 day holiday and selected Ryanair to fly from Edinburgh to Dublin on September 15. I purchased tickets on August 23. In the US it customary for passengers to print their airline tickets at kiosk by simply entering their confirmation number of their itinerary. When I attempted to do the same the kiosk requested payment of 140 pounds. My husband and I were completely stunned as we had already made payment to Ryanair for the tickets which included priority boarding and baggage fees. When I questioned the employee I was informed that I would have to pay 140 pounds in order to board the flight! We felt completely extorted by Ryanair's unscrupulous fees. After paying this fee we were then told that we could bring on 1 carry on bag-this would include a ladies handbag. We were instructed to place our carry on in this ridiculous contraption. If the bag exceeded this Ryanair informed us that we had to pay an additional 60 pounds. I seriously caution anyone to seek alternative air transportation when considering Ryanair as their mode of transportation as it will considerably be cheaper than using the so called "low fare" airline.
Seat Comfort N/A

(Cyprus)

I cannot understand why Ryanair allows each passenger to take a carry on bag on board if there is only space for half of them in the overhead locker. The flight attendant stuffed my bag under the seat in front of me and I was very uncomfortable. I chose a nice looking brown bread sandwich from the booklet and of course it was not available. I have to say though that the flight attendants on this flight Paphos - Thessaloniki on 12 Sep 2013 were very friendly. On the way back on Sep 16 2013 the flight was delayed and we finally boarded at 11.00 pm and of course by then I had learned my lesson and ran to the plane to get a space in the overhead locker. The female flight attendant was obviously very tired and huffed and puffed all the way to Paphos If was very visible that she hated her job and all the pax on board. The male flight attendant drank from a water bottle closed the toilet door with his foot and counted the money at the end of the service in the front where all passengers could see.
Seat Comfort N/A

Ryanair customer review

My new wife and I were on our Honeymoon in Kos Greece. We booked through Thomson who organised everything. Outbound we flew Easyjet and had no real issues we had one small hold bag each and 1 small piece of hand luggage. We live in Jersey and do not have Ryanair there. Therefore we knew nothing about it. On the way home we were flying with Ryanair but had not heard of any of their "rules". At check we were asked for our boarding passes. As we did not have them we got charged £70 for both. Essentially we paid £140 for two pieces of paper! Then they said we had not paid for the luggage online. We paid a further £160 to get one bag on. Then we found out that there are no allocated seats unless you pay more money to become priority passengers. Paid a further £20 each to guarantee we sat together. We could have bought a whole new flight with a non low cost airline for that much! It was the worst travelling experience with have both had.

Ryanair customer review

Flew Stansted-Rome for a short stay with friends almost got bowled over by the rush to get off the bus and onto the plane to get seats. Then on the way back at the Rome check-in our checked bag was determined to be too heavy even though it was exactly the same weight it had been on the way out so we had to take items out and add them to the carry-on bag before we could check the bag in. I would only recommend Ryanair to someone who had absolutely no other way of getting to his destination.