Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

We were traveling from Paris to Rome. We did not have access while traveling to a printer so we were unable to print our boarding passes. We arrived at the airport 2.5 hours before our flight. We were told that all boarding passes had to be printed or it was 70 euros per person. There were 4 of us so this was a hefty fee. I saw others approaching the counter to check in with their phones. I asked about this and they said it had to be done 2 hours ahead of the flight and it was too late. 90% of the people that approached the counter had to pay additional fees. We also paid ahead for 2 bags. 4 of us ere traveling so we knew we would have that much. They said that only one bag showed on their side of the reservation so we needed to pay for the other bag. I had an email confirming 2 bags and they said they couldn't go by that.

(Lithuania)

Round trip Kaunas (KUN) - London Gatwick (LGW) - Kaunas (KUN). Friendly staff flight with no errors or other shenanigans. Not much space to move around in the plane itself but acceptable for short haul flights. One disadvantage - everything costs money. I'm surprised they still don't charge for bathroom trips. Of course you can only expect so much from a low price airline which is the main advantage. Another thing is the flight attendants trying to sell lottery tickets and calendars that is rather unprofessional feels like you're in a market or someplace similar. All in all - loved the flight and definitely going to use this airline again!

Ryanair customer review

If anyone is every considering flying with Ryanair ensure you know exactly what experience you are signing up for when you book your ticket. We went return from Luton to Marrakech and would not do this journey with them again. In fact we'd only think about it for very short flights for weekend breaks and to be honest that would be pretty desperate. Where to start? They may offer cheaper "upfront" costs but add-ons are extortionate. The fact you cannot print off your return boarding pass within 7 days of your return flight is just a way to con people out of the money (£10 per person) to advance purchase a designated seat. After all who wants to gallivant around an unfamiliar foreign city looking for an internet cafe that may or may not have a printer. The queuing is still a scrum even though they have finally realised that assigning people seats will stop the kind of behaviour they and their ilk were responsible for creating. On the flight the whole experience is stuffy cramped and bad tempered. The hard-sell starts instantly and continues through the whole flight. The claustrophobic atmosphere is taken further by the fact that some aisles didn't even have windows! They couldn't even be bothered to give out landing cards either which just prolonged the bad experience at the airport. I reckon that after all the add-ons it would have been cheaper to fly with BA. Although BA are pretty woeful 3.5 hours on a Ryanair flight is far too much.

Ryanair customer review

22/6/2014. Flying from Stansted to Treviso Venice for 7 days holiday we were fine on our outward journey as we had been able to check-in and print off the boarding passes however the system would allow us to do the same for our return at that point in time. Where we were staying we had no access to a computer or printer but assumed perhaps foolishly that at Treviso airport they would have the same system as they do in Stansted and we would be able to check-in and print off at their machines for a nominal fee. How wrong we were. We arrived well before the 2 hour time scale but ended having to pay additional 140 Euros! Money making at its worse I feel very sorry for the staff at the check in desks whilst we were there I saw at least another 2 people who were in the same position as we were. It wasn't until I got home I saw the email from Ryanair advising of the additional costs. I received a text message at 23.00 the night before our departure at 9.50 reminding us we needed to check-in and print off the boarding card if they had notified me in this text of the astronomical charge awaiting us at the airport we would have search around the entire city of Venice for someone to assist us but it wasn't included! Never again will we use Ryanair should have gone to Marco Polo Airport and flown British Airways!

(Spain)

Like other reviews said the Ryanair website kept crashing so I had to have the ticket agent at the airport print the tickets for me at the ridiculous cost of 15 euros per ticket. During boarding I was told I couldn't bring on my coffee which I had purchased at the cafe right next to the gate (past security) due to "security concerns" while everyone else brought on their waters and fruit juices. While on the plane a flight attendant removed my bag from the overhead in order to put in someone else's bag. He then tried to fit mine which contained a laptop Ipad and Kindle into a separate overhead by cramming it in. I finally had to yell at him to stop to which he complained my bag was too large to fit. He then forced me to put it under my seat. Needless to say this will be the last time I use Ryanair.

Ryanair customer review

Faro to Bristol. Crew were most welcoming whilst boarding with plenty of smiles and interaction. We had to wait whilst an elderly couple were late due to them going to the wrong Gate they were frail and agitated on boarding. The crew were marvellous with them even the Captain emerged from the cockpit to greet them calming them and telling them not to worry. Despite this we left early and a smooth flight got us into Bristol ahead of schedule. Well done Ryanair!

Ryanair customer review

We paid $277 one way from Bordeaux to Marseille which was reasonable but they charged us $283 more at the airport simply because we did not print out our boarding passes in advance! No matter that we did not have internet or a printer while traveling. We did not know about this policy until we arrived at the airport. They would not refund our ticket and even worse they acted mad at us for being upset! What a ripoff!

Ryanair customer review

Santiago de Compostela to Madrid May 30 2014. I guess we were not the only ones who were ripped off by this airline. We had the same experience as many of the passengers. We reserved online paid with credit card got an email that it's been confirmed. So we were hoping that it will be an easy check in since we came two hours early. We were told at the airport that we should have checked in online and that the payment was forfeited so we had to pay again for the same flight. In addition we had to pay 40 Euros each for our luggage since only 2 small carry ons were allowed. Since we had to go on that flight we had no recourse but to give in. I have never encountered such poor rules and such rude personnel.

Ryanair customer review

Flew Manchester-Gran Canaria. Good flight times and got baggage quickly. Attempting to print off the boarding pass scam was painful to say the least. In the UK the site kept crashing and took the best part of a day to achieve the process only to have to repeat this in our holiday destination. When at Manchester airport it was displayed that boarding for our flight was in 5 minutes this continued for about 25 minutes with no updates. We were then requested to proceed to boarding that I can only explain as a cattle market. We were then left to wait in the queue for the best part of another 45 minutes. Consequently our flight was delayed by well over an hour with no explanation or apology. Whilst on the flight to Gran Canaria the seat belt sign light was displayed intermittently for long periods with no evidence of turbulence or explanation. Being 2 adults we could manage this but we had to feel for the passengers with young children who desperately wanted the toilet. Baggage - the allowance is 15 kilos for hold luggage and 10 for hand luggage. When we flew out from Manchester they counted hand luggage in our allowance. On return from Gran Canaria they decided that hold luggage should only be 15 kilos. Our hold luggage weighed exactly the same as it did at Manchester and we did not have hand luggage but were told that it would cost us 70 euros to pay the excess. Having very little hand luggage facilities available we had to empty our case to avoid the excess charge. Admittedly we should have read the small print but one would question why this was not highlighted in Manchester and came to light in Gran Canaria on our return. Overall it may be a budget airline but really not worth the hassle.

Ryanair customer review

We travelled twice with Ryanair during the last week. The first trip (Stansted to Pisa) was delayed 45 minutes. Its not so much the delay that's the problem it is the total lack of communication or an apology for the late running. We were asked to queue up for boarding and stood there for over an hour with no communication. Worse was to follow. On the following Saturday we were booked on the 22.00 flight out of Pisa for Stansted. Again no communication or apologies were forthcoming from Ryanair. 150 minutes after the flight should have left we were told it was cancelled - no apology again. We were not offered any refreshment during this three hours. They then booked the passengers a hotel but had only a mini bus to start with to take 16 passengers a time randomly selected by Ryanair staff. We eventually arrived at the hotel at 03.00 but had to be up for an 07.00 departure from the hotel. No food or drinks were offered by Ryanair. No staff were available at Pisa airport to speak to or to hand out vouchers. The service was shabby at best. No apologies poor communication no-one to talk too and no refreshment vouchers either. We will not be travelling with Ryanair again.