Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

24/9 and 1/10 Manchester - Faro. Perhaps I am too fussy as I normally fly scheduled for business and this was the first time I used Ryanair. I weighed my case at 14kg but Ryanair insisted it was 17kg. I was told to take things out and put them in my golf bag. If you forget the boarding pass that is printed by yourself there is a penalty of££70! The crew on both legs were surly. All they did on a 2.5 hour flight was to try and sell things. Boarding is a joke with everyone squeezing 10kg in lockers which do not have the capacity. As I said I normally fly schedule and they appear a similar price for far superior service. Although the flights were on time passenger service and treatment with a constant aim of collecting more money is a dreadful experience.

Ryanair customer review

Liverpool to Ibiza. Case weighed 15.3kg sister's 14.4kg. Ibiza to Liverpool both cases were heavier. We did not put any extra weight in our cases. Believe scales inaccurate in Ibiza. Mine weighed 16kg and had to take items out of baggage at check-in. Took some items out and put in hand luggage 're weighed at 13.8 noticed case was weighed on different part of weigh belt. What I took out was not 2kg in weight. Was disgusted to witness someone being charged 70.00 as he had lost his printed check-in. I know they have rules but what a ridiculous amount to charge someone. When queuing at gate girl with small handbag across her body was asked to put inside her piece of hand luggage yet people in front were allowed on carrying duty free bags as well as hand luggage. There is no consistency am unlikely to fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair customer review

We flew this weekend for the first time with Ryanair from London Stansted to Kerry. We have avoided them in the past due to various negative reports in the media. I have to say they were on time in both directions (actually early) the crew were polite and helpful. The plane seemed fine pilot information was good regarding weather etc. I have to say we did follow the rules I purchased scales to weigh our bags printed the boarding cards at the correct size and arrived in plenty of time to catch the plane. I was ready for a very unpleasant delay with grumpy staff in poor uniforms and dirty seats to sit on but what I got was actually a very good service from what appeared to be a reasonable airline operator. Would I have wanted to fly to St. Lucia on board maybe not as the finer comforts are not there but for me I would definitely fly with them again.

Ryanair customer review

Rome (Ciampino) to London-Stansted 4 October 2013. My 2 hr 20 minute flight was 1.5 hrs late. Though we sat at the gate for 90 minutes the flight attendants charged £3 for water. Unbelievable and unforgiveable. Add in the fact they're so strict about carryon-bags and you'll never even consider flying them.

Ryanair customer review

Leeds Bradford - Malaga. First time flying with Ryanair and had no problems whatsoever. Made sure boarding cards were printed for both directions before leaving home. Luggage weighed to make sure not over weight before leaving home. Purchased reserved seats with extra legroom and had a comfortable flight. All staff were friendly and helpful.

Ryanair customer review

I flew from Stansted to Vasteras on 3rd October with a group (8 people 4 underage/children). Initially our bags were too large to fit through the allowance restrictions they had set so after shuffling the baggage a little they fit perfectly. The staff however showed no respect and little empathy with the situation of a mother carrying baby essentials in her purse. Of course we did not expect this to be the case but some nice treatment would have been much preferred to the screaming we endured about how the airline punctuality would be abused if we did not pay a fine. Before reshuffling the items in our bags the staff insisted that we pay the fine and requested that some of us be through to the plane. The children passed through (passport checked) and waited for the others only to have the staff lock the door on them separating them from parents simply to threaten our group that punctuality is crucial (even though we were boarding ahead of schedule). Unfortunately a handbag was taken (not disposed of but taken) and we made it to our seats. It seems that the staff of the airline are also not fond of people placing baggage in overhead compartments while safety demonstration is on as they requested to be seated and silent until takeoff. The irony in the situation! After that flight it's safe to say that Ryanair has lost 8 potential customers and maybe even more considering the other customers who had to endure the rude woman at the boarding gate.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Ryanair customer review

We had no problems flying with Ryanair. Professional about everything. Staff at airport and on the plane were very good. Helpful and so young. The flight was on time both outbound and return. The plane was clean and seats were comfy. Nothing but praise. Will be using Ryanair again. Fuerteventura-Stansted flight FR8183 on 4th October.

Ryanair customer review

Rome Ciampino to London Stansted FR3005. Excellent service. For last 8 years I have taken over 60 flights with Ryanair without complaint. During this time I have had the cost of two flights refunded without any quibble (family bereavement). Today I was informed of a rescheduled flight. Ryanair re-booked the 3 members of our party on the alternative flight of our choice with no fuss no extra cost and within a 5 minute phone call.

(Israel)

02/10/2013. About a month ago I purchased flight tickets online from London (Luton) to Dublin. I paid in advance for ordering extra seat and luggage up to 20 kg. We reached the airport at 12.30. Desk opens at 13:00. When I told the clerk that I had not had the option to print a ticket she answered carelessly and rudely: "These are our procedures if you do not have 140 pounds to pay do not fly"! Charged 140 pounds for printing two boarding cards! Then during the flight they flooded us with nonsense and aggressively tried to get us to buy from them. I know that this is first and last time I fly with this company. Cheap flight does not mean poor service.

Ryanair customer review

23 September 2013 to Fuerteventura and back again with them on 27th September. After seeing all the bad reviews they get I was very nervous. Its a low cost airline and to be honest it is no different than flying with Thomas Cook or anyone else for that matter. Ok so you don't get inflight movies seats don't recline but I found the whole booking to boarding to flying all very comfortable and easy.