Ryanair

Customer rating from 1932 reviews

Ryanair customer review

FR505 Bristol UK to Dublin IE August 19th. With all the bad press and negative reviews about Ryanair I vowed never to fly with them. However on balance it was better than expected. Friendly flight attendants and apologies about the slight delay on departure. There was enough leg room for my liking even being a male of average height and the aircraft was clean. The only thing I would do is remove the garish yellow. But that's a matter of taste. Ultimately exceeded my expectations so kudos to Ryanair. I think the key is to stick to the rules which have been relaxed slightly recently and you'll be just fine. Wouldn't really advise priority boarding as it was pointless with seating now being allocated.

Ryanair customer review

I use Ryanair regularly flying from Dublin to the Netherlands. You get what you pay for. Fast boarding a flight with reasonable service and quickly into the terminal once the plane has arrived. The staff aren't particularly friendly and clearly look as if they are under pressure for the entire flight. Upon reaching the gate the flight attendants have often told passengers that they only have 20 minutes to get the plane turned around and to get off quickly once the doors are opened. This often leads to a push when getting off. To avoid this I remain seated until people have started getting off. Because of the short turn around time it isn't unusual to find some else's rubbish in your seat pocket however flight attendants do go round with a rubbish bag before the end of the flight so it's caused by inconsiderate passengers rather than the airline. Overall if you just want to get there on time and you are not concerned about the service fly Ryanair.

Ryanair customer review

Flew out of Stansted to Tenerife on 10th Aug. Got to Stansted early hours of sun morning to be met by a horrendous queue of 8 or 9 different flight destinations being queued at the same 3 desks. After being in the queue for roughly 30 mins a staff member called 5 flights to a separate desk to check in we did this which seemed to take an age. Finally we got our baggage in and we get to the gate and board the plane and were met by another massive queue through security. Ran towards the gate had to get on a train to the gate. When we finally got to the gate the flight had gone 10 very bemused passengers had also missed the flight. we all got directed to customer services. We were taken to the wrong desk and queued for 30 mins then got taken to the right desk. Another huge queue. When we got to the front the staff just said next flight is Tuesday at a cost of £440. No explanation of why the flight had left early and left so many people behind. This was a horrible experience and not the start to a holiday anybody should have to go through.
Seat Comfort N/A

Ryanair customer review

Just got back from Tenerife. What a horrible flight no coffee no hot chocolate only half the selection of hot food - no sandwiches. To top it off Ryanair ran out of toilet roll. But they had plenty of fags and booze and not forgetting the scratch cards. Never again. To be honest it shouldn't be called a budget airline either not at the price I paid.

Ryanair customer review

We have flown Ryanair many times without problems. If you know what to expect then you wont get disappointed. However upon arriving at East Midlands airport for our flight to Tenerife South recently with plenty of time to spare we found that there were 12 flights departing at roughly the same time. 12 flights of people that needed to check in and clear security before boarding. It seems that Ryanair just bung everyone together regardless of which flight you are on Some people were panicking as their flight was taking off soon and were stuck at check in when asked to jump the queue were told they would have to wait like everyone else! It took us 2 hours to get through check in and clear security. Queues were snaked round the airport (although admittedly this is not Ryanair's fault!) but a better system needs put in place for Ryanair check in. We managed to get to the boarding gates just in time albeit at the end of the queue. There we were kept waiting for 20 minutes as staff now needed hand luggage to put on the hold. The staff member was very aggressive and rude to us trying to grab our bags to put in the hold we told her that we needed the bags for inflight and one contained valuables that we wanted to keep with us. She tried to snatch my husbands backpack from his back and took my daughters small suitcase from her before I took it back. We eventually offered one bag but I had to remove everything that was needed and carry it in my hands she wouldn't even give us a carrier bag. She went up and down the last remaining passengers trying to grab peoples hand luggage but as nobody else would offer a bag she came back to us telling us she needed our bags we refused but She wasn't having any of it and barked at us we didn't have a choice as we were at the end of the queue and if we didn't put our hand luggage in the hold we would be fined £60. Her attitude was appalling and if she'd have asked politely we may have tried our best to accommodate her request. She wouldn't let the last people through the departure gate thus holding up the flight until she had the bags But no way were we giving up our remaining (small) bags. We eventually got on the bus to the plane and on the flight there we sat for another 20 minutes before actually taking off! It was never made clear that only the first 60 passengers were guaranteed to take their hand luggage. Yet on our return flight home everything was smooth queues moved quickly and staff were very pleasant helpful and polite. We packed our bags accordingly and offered our hand luggage for the hold. We fly Ryanair because it is cheap but cheap doesn't mean but I expect to be spoken to like dirt from someone's shoe!

Ryanair customer review

Just flew from Faro to Londonderry and I have to say that I was extremely surprised at the standard of flight and service provided having never flown with Ryanair before I was more than dubious about the flight but having taken priority boarding and allocated seating I could not find fault with any of the procedures. My husband and I definitely rated it much higher than are outward journey with Easyjet so my advice is give Ryanair a chance and like me you may be totally surprised with the quality.

Ryanair customer review

9th August FR8241. Have just come back from Mallorca having flown for the first time with Ryanair. Have to admit was very worried due to comments made about flying with this airline. We found the check in lady very pleasant and kind who made checking in our luggage very easy. The aircrew were helpful and cheerful and although we were late leaving by 30 minutes could not have served us any better. It was very busy at Mallorca airport on our departure and we had a bit of a wait in the queue but this was because most people had not checked the weight of their luggage so were re-packing. Staff not as quick as from Bristol but once we were on the plane the cabin crew were lovely.

Ryanair customer review

I flew from Bristol to Alicante and then Alicante to Bristol. I will never fly with Ryanair again I paid £70 for my suitcase to fly out and home. Arriving in Alicante I was charged another 50 euros because they had made a mistake but was told I could claim this back when I got home. I emailed Ryanair no response from them so I rang I was on hold for 20 minutes just for them to say my case was overweight. I was allowed 20 kilos of weight my suitcase was 16 kilos. The food on the plane was far too expensive. £5 for a soggy sandwich! The staff service was appalling! I wouldn't recommend them.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

(Italy)

Flew in May BLQ-RYG (Bologna-Oslo Rygge) the plane was almost empty there were 40-50 passengers on board that was good because I was able to sit in the emergency exit seat without paying anything more! The flight was OK the plane clean. The crew gave us food twice on a flight of two hours. I recommend Ryanair!

Ryanair customer review

Flew Edinburgh-Alicante. Had allocated seats so didn't see the point in queuing like a sheep. Joined the queue when there was 5 people left got my partners bag checked into the hold free of charge due to lack of cabin space. Took our seats and our nice smooth flight was over and done with in 2hours and 40minutes as scheduled. On board there was a few hiccups the cabin crew hadn't handed out the inflight magazine which includes the food menu and were only three aisles away from me I asked for a book and calmly stated "you should have already handed these out!". The stewardess immediately apologised and offered me an extra 10% off perfumes which I did not use. Also in the row behind us was three kids (in three seats with no adults) one young child proceeded to kick my partners chair rather violently whilst the parents were relaxing with headphones on unaware to their child's misbehaviour again a quick word to the stewardess and an adult was moved beside the children and the mischief stopped. My only concern is I am a tall man and with having not booked extra legroom I found the flight quite uncomfortable.