Ryanair

Customer rating from 1929 reviews

Ryanair customer review

FR505 Bristol UK to Dublin IE August 19th. With all the bad press and negative reviews about Ryanair I vowed never to fly with them. However on balance it was better than expected. Friendly flight attendants and apologies about the slight delay on departure. There was enough leg room for my liking even being a male of average height and the aircraft was clean. The only thing I would do is remove the garish yellow. But that's a matter of taste. Ultimately exceeded my expectations so kudos to Ryanair. I think the key is to stick to the rules which have been relaxed slightly recently and you'll be just fine. Wouldn't really advise priority boarding as it was pointless with seating now being allocated.

Ryanair customer review

I use Ryanair regularly flying from Dublin to the Netherlands. You get what you pay for. Fast boarding a flight with reasonable service and quickly into the terminal once the plane has arrived. The staff aren't particularly friendly and clearly look as if they are under pressure for the entire flight. Upon reaching the gate the flight attendants have often told passengers that they only have 20 minutes to get the plane turned around and to get off quickly once the doors are opened. This often leads to a push when getting off. To avoid this I remain seated until people have started getting off. Because of the short turn around time it isn't unusual to find some else's rubbish in your seat pocket however flight attendants do go round with a rubbish bag before the end of the flight so it's caused by inconsiderate passengers rather than the airline. Overall if you just want to get there on time and you are not concerned about the service fly Ryanair.

Ryanair customer review

Flew out of Stansted to Tenerife on 10th Aug. Got to Stansted early hours of sun morning to be met by a horrendous queue of 8 or 9 different flight destinations being queued at the same 3 desks. After being in the queue for roughly 30 mins a staff member called 5 flights to a separate desk to check in we did this which seemed to take an age. Finally we got our baggage in and we get to the gate and board the plane and were met by another massive queue through security. Ran towards the gate had to get on a train to the gate. When we finally got to the gate the flight had gone 10 very bemused passengers had also missed the flight. we all got directed to customer services. We were taken to the wrong desk and queued for 30 mins then got taken to the right desk. Another huge queue. When we got to the front the staff just said next flight is Tuesday at a cost of £440. No explanation of why the flight had left early and left so many people behind. This was a horrible experience and not the start to a holiday anybody should have to go through.
Seat Comfort N/A

Ryanair customer review

Flew Edinburgh-Alicante. Had allocated seats so didn't see the point in queuing like a sheep. Joined the queue when there was 5 people left got my partners bag checked into the hold free of charge due to lack of cabin space. Took our seats and our nice smooth flight was over and done with in 2hours and 40minutes as scheduled. On board there was a few hiccups the cabin crew hadn't handed out the inflight magazine which includes the food menu and were only three aisles away from me I asked for a book and calmly stated "you should have already handed these out!". The stewardess immediately apologised and offered me an extra 10% off perfumes which I did not use. Also in the row behind us was three kids (in three seats with no adults) one young child proceeded to kick my partners chair rather violently whilst the parents were relaxing with headphones on unaware to their child's misbehaviour again a quick word to the stewardess and an adult was moved beside the children and the mischief stopped. My only concern is I am a tall man and with having not booked extra legroom I found the flight quite uncomfortable.

Ryanair customer review

This airline continues to show it has no interest in customer service or staff training. Only bottom line. After arriving at Stansted 3 hours before the flight was due to depart we arrived at the boarding gate during final flight call. Why? Because of the throng of people Ryanair euphemistically call a queue attempting to check- in their bags at their bag-drops manned by the Ryanair Gestapo. It appears these rude unhelpful staff's main training was on extracting extra cash wherever it is physically possible. To watch so many people removing items from hold bags only to add them to their cabin luggage is farcical. Or would be if it wasn't so sad. In my own case my bag was 5kg under and my travelling partner's was nearly 1kg over. No problem you would think there is still a net difference of -4kg. But no as the tickets weren't booked on the same reference number we were deemed to be travelling separately. Even though we had booked seat numbers next to each other and paid the extra we were still flying separately according to the misery behind the counter. Ok so it's no real effort to undo her bag remove a few bits and put them into the bag you are going to take into the cabin with you. But multiply that with the amount of people doing the same and you soon end up with massive queues. And both bags are going onto the plane anyway! Fortunately flying back was with EasyJet who managed the same procedure in less than 15 minutes. I know who I will always use in the future.

Ryanair customer review

This flight is OK. The new Ryanair is the same quality as easyjet or Norwegian. There are improvements which made the journey fine and we will fly the airline again. We got to new Stansted airport and the experience was OK. Boarding opened 1 hour before and began 40mins before. The plane departed on time and smoothly. There are no advertisements on the overhead bins and there where no scratch cards. An ok trolley came with food for sale. OK priced. Better than the airport. We landed 15mins early and no fanfare? It was a shock but fine so you don't wake up suddenly. It was a good trip with an improved service. Travelled 17/08/14 STN-LRH 07.30.

Ryanair customer review

STN-DUB-STN; I was expecting the journey from hell on the way out but in fairness the outward journey was far from unpleasant however the seat wasn't brilliant it was harder than a rock however there wasn't much in the way of on-board advertising on the way out and we were in Dublin on time. The return flight a few days after was quite badly delayed we were probably in the air about 30 minutes after we should have left Dublin. We did board and got underway after a while but there was the substantial delay (which went without explanation) and then they had the audacity to start flogging superfluous amounts of miscellaneous tat. After spending an hour in a queue in Dublin T1 I don't want perfume or scratch cards I want quiet! Ryanair are perfectly okay for those who want a cheap holiday but I would much rather pay the extra and fly with either BA or Aer Lingus from Heathrow.

Ryanair customer review

La Rochelle to Dublin. I was not expecting much and got less. First ticket was no bargain only flew Ryan because US friends had already booked return to France. Priority seating is a complete waste of money. By the time your in the last cattle call line it's ignored and not enforced. Seats do not recline there are ads on the overhead bins and seat backs. Hard working crew but constantly selling everything from food perfume lottery tickets to charities total chaos. I am not a picky passenger flew 30 years non-revenue expecting little on no service. For the stress it would not be worth flying Ryanair again if the seat was free.

Ryanair customer review

Leeds Bradford to Palma 1/8/14 FR2326. Palma to Leeds Bradford 8/8/14 FR2327. Having not flown for 14 years because of a fear of flying I decided to take the plunge and book. Past reviews about Ryanair made me nervous and my computer skills are a little rusty. However having read the instructions my husband and I printed off our boarding passes etc without problem. I found Ryanair staff to be very courteous and understanding of my anxiety issues. I had a good flight both there and back and would use this airline again.

Ryanair customer review

Stansted to Pescara 9th August 14 flight 982. Ryanair check in queue system totally understaffed. Waited 1.5 hours to check in our bags and made the boarding gate with 2 minutes to spare. Many customers were arguing with the check-in staff some crying some paying huge additional amounts for not having printed their boarding cards in advance (rip-off prices and makes the queues even worse). Total chaos and ruins the start of your holiday.