Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

Flight FR 2132 - an number I will never forget. 2nd time with Ryanair and first time although no real problems felt like we were treated as second class citizens so vowed never to book with them again. However family holiday to Lanzarote and the only people flying out in the morning (so we arrive before lunch) was Ryanair. So I hesitantly booked (even though it was no cheaper than the other airlines). First came the con where you can no longer print your boarding passes (unless you have paid the extra for allocated seating) until 14 days before you return date. As this was a 2 week holiday I was already at the airport catching my flight out so had to pay for allocated seating. This was just a snippet of what was to come. The flight out was cattle market heaven but quite uneventful so consoled myself with the fact that I had done the right thing and would have an extra half day holiday by flying out early. The flight home was the nightmare we were called to our gate then the gate changed twice so the long queue of people were already irate when there was a general murmur around the crowd. This was when the first person had received a text to say the flight had been delayed due to technical issues and we had a delay of over 5 hours. Not told anything by the staff on the ground the whole airport became Chinese whispers. In total I had 4 texts from Ryanair delaying the flight eventually by 12 hours. We did not arrive home until 5am. I feel like I now need another holiday after spending 15 hours in a very hot uncomfortable airport and then a further 4 hour flight home.

Ryanair customer review

After an accident just prior to making my return journey I was unable to walk. As soon as the Ryanair rep at the airport saw me she arranged for a wheelchair and I was delivered to the departure gate and helped onto the plane. During the flight the crew supplied me with a folding wheelchair and pushed me to the toilets moved my seat so that I had room to rest my leg on the food table and bought me a bag of ice to help the swelling in my leg. I cannot praise them enough.

(Finland)

Our family (2 adults + 2 Children) travelled TMP-HHN 11 July and HHN-TMP 18 July. We were a bit worried about taking Ryanair (due to all negative feedback about this airline). However everything about our trips were working 100%. Check-in ok! Both flights ~20min early FA's had a professional attitude not "pushy" in their efforts to sell "stuff" at all.

Ryanair customer review

Flew with my 8 month pregnant daughter who had required doctor signed Ryanair paperwork which she was never asked to show. Had just cabin bags on the outbound flight but with family bought baby presents on the return it required a case being put in the hold. Getting assistance to do this from the Ryanair desk staff was like "pulling teeth". Dismissive unhelpful arrogant and rude summed up by the comment from one Ryanair staff member with the statement "I can't be out here just helping one member of the public". I enquired what was the minimum number she could help? Priority booked and seats reserved only to be herded from one queue at the gate to the next queue at the entrance of the air bridge then on to the queue at the aircraft doorway 20 minutes standing during intense summer heat. Not the sort of treatment to subject an expectant mother to. Not one member of staff took the care or comfort of this pregnant lady into account. The only smile came from cabin crew when trying to sell their overpriced beverages. An appalling airline worthy of their reputation of flying their customer in "Cattle Class".

Ryanair customer review

Excellent support yesterday from Ryanair in Liverpool. My 13yr old son travelled to Knock from Liverpool with my brother and his son. My brother made his reservation in Ireland I arranged my sons ticket here in UK. When I tried to check him in I was not permitted because he was born in 2000 therefore too young to fly alone. I travelled with him to Liverpool airport expecting a £70 levy as he was not checked in online. I explained he would be travelling with my brother and his son he would not be alone - and the young lady was most understanding and checked him in immediately with no quibble or charge - really good service.

Ryanair customer review

BHX-DUB-BHX. Flawless flights. All on time with an excellent turnaround time. Cabin clean with polite crew cost 16GBP return. Only hand-luggage printed boarding card and had luggage with me in cabin. Half price hot meals on last evening flight back. As long as you follow the rules you cannot go wrong.

Ryanair customer review

On March 30th 2014 we flew Ryanair our of Beauvais France (BVA) to Madrid Spain. The tickets sounded like a great deal until we got to the airport and found out we had to pay another $140 euro for boarding passes. The rep at the counter all of a sudden did not speak English or Spanish was rude and started to roll her eyes. We paid the additional charge and went back to check our luggage. We then were told there were more charges for our bag (under weight) that were not included apparently. We paid the extra fees and finally were told we could get in line. We proceeded to get in line which was a huge disaster and with no logic or system in place or completely poorly executed and took 2 hours. The lines began to severely back up they began shifting customers back and forth between lines and ultimately the plane had to leave late. Once on the plane the conditions and cleanliness of the plane were noticeably lacking and even a few pieces were broken. Refreshments were offered at unreasonable prices. The pilot must have been new because the entire flight was filled with drastic turns turbulence and ultimately. We couldn't wait to get off the plane. We had to wait another 45 minutes in baggage claim before our luggage began to roll. I will never use this airline again.

(Spain)

I recently flew Ryanair between BCN to SVQ and I had a really pleasant flight. Temperature inside the cabin was perfect and seats comfortable. Space between seats was adequate. Crew were very friendly on both flights. I also appreciated the changes of the new Ryanair with seat assignments and with the automatic priority boarding if you buy one seat when booking. I will recommend Ryanair and fly them again.

Ryanair customer review

Outward flight Stansted to Pisa one hour delay very cramped seats I am only 5' 8'' tall ventilation blew very hot air out for a considerable part of the journey. Return from Pisa on July 12th a 5 hour delay no reason given as to why no vouchers offered no compensation mentioned sat for 45 minutes on the tarmac before taking off delay at Stansted getting off the darn plane at 02.15 as only one set of steps could be found. A complete and utter shambles if you have a choice do not fly with them.

Ryanair customer review

Ryanair does not allow you to get boarding passes for the return flights straightforwardly at the same time as for the outward flight although within the 30 day period. This resulted in a £70 charge for each of our return flights. A lot of people seem to have been caught out by this see other reviews. This seems to be a new practice and I could not recommend Ryanair to anyone in future since there is a real risk that their holiday will be ruined as a result of this disgusting sharp practice. I could not help noticing that the return fight was not full and would not be surprised if fights are even emptier in future.