Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

Liverpool to Ibiza. Case weighed 15.3kg sister's 14.4kg. Ibiza to Liverpool both cases were heavier. We did not put any extra weight in our cases. Believe scales inaccurate in Ibiza. Mine weighed 16kg and had to take items out of baggage at check-in. Took some items out and put in hand luggage 're weighed at 13.8 noticed case was weighed on different part of weigh belt. What I took out was not 2kg in weight. Was disgusted to witness someone being charged 70.00 as he had lost his printed check-in. I know they have rules but what a ridiculous amount to charge someone. When queuing at gate girl with small handbag across her body was asked to put inside her piece of hand luggage yet people in front were allowed on carrying duty free bags as well as hand luggage. There is no consistency am unlikely to fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair customer review

We flew this weekend for the first time with Ryanair from London Stansted to Kerry. We have avoided them in the past due to various negative reports in the media. I have to say they were on time in both directions (actually early) the crew were polite and helpful. The plane seemed fine pilot information was good regarding weather etc. I have to say we did follow the rules I purchased scales to weigh our bags printed the boarding cards at the correct size and arrived in plenty of time to catch the plane. I was ready for a very unpleasant delay with grumpy staff in poor uniforms and dirty seats to sit on but what I got was actually a very good service from what appeared to be a reasonable airline operator. Would I have wanted to fly to St. Lucia on board maybe not as the finer comforts are not there but for me I would definitely fly with them again.

Ryanair customer review

Rome (Ciampino) to London-Stansted 4 October 2013. My 2 hr 20 minute flight was 1.5 hrs late. Though we sat at the gate for 90 minutes the flight attendants charged £3 for water. Unbelievable and unforgiveable. Add in the fact they're so strict about carryon-bags and you'll never even consider flying them.

Ryanair customer review

Rome Ciampino to London Stansted FR3005. Excellent service. For last 8 years I have taken over 60 flights with Ryanair without complaint. During this time I have had the cost of two flights refunded without any quibble (family bereavement). Today I was informed of a rescheduled flight. Ryanair re-booked the 3 members of our party on the alternative flight of our choice with no fuss no extra cost and within a 5 minute phone call.

(Israel)

02/10/2013. About a month ago I purchased flight tickets online from London (Luton) to Dublin. I paid in advance for ordering extra seat and luggage up to 20 kg. We reached the airport at 12.30. Desk opens at 13:00. When I told the clerk that I had not had the option to print a ticket she answered carelessly and rudely: "These are our procedures if you do not have 140 pounds to pay do not fly"! Charged 140 pounds for printing two boarding cards! Then during the flight they flooded us with nonsense and aggressively tried to get us to buy from them. I know that this is first and last time I fly with this company. Cheap flight does not mean poor service.

Ryanair customer review

23 September 2013 to Fuerteventura and back again with them on 27th September. After seeing all the bad reviews they get I was very nervous. Its a low cost airline and to be honest it is no different than flying with Thomas Cook or anyone else for that matter. Ok so you don't get inflight movies seats don't recline but I found the whole booking to boarding to flying all very comfortable and easy.

Ryanair customer review

Charged £50 for extra case which I booked 4 days before I flew out and found out it was only for one way to bring the case back it would cost another £50. Surely if you take a case on holiday you want to bring it back so this charge is a total rip off. It has nothing to do with security just pure greed from the airline. Found the staff on baggage handling to be unhelpful and miserable. On returning to UK we went into the duty free and was told we could take one carrier bag with our goods on flight with our hand luggage but this was not to be we were told by boarding staff very rudely that are carrier bag had to be put in our hand luggage which didn't have any space. Luckily we found a space in someone else's bag otherwise we would have lost the goods we had bought. On getting on the plane there was nowhere to put our bags other people were also having problems we had to put baggage under the seat in front of us which left no leg room at all and had a very uncomfortable flight home.

Ryanair customer review

My wife and I flew from Bournemouth to Ibiza 24th September returning to Bournemouth on the 1st October 2013. Clean aircraft on both occasions. Very good cabin crews happy and anxious to please. Both flights ahead of arrival times. On the inward flight the Captain saw the majority of passengers using the front steps off the aircraft with a happy word for all. Stop moaning about Ryanair. Stick to the rules and you will enjoy the experience.

Ryanair customer review

Beauvais (Paris) to Bratislava 8 September: the absence of any seat booking as a standard service makes boarding Ryanair feel like a cattle yard experience (we paid the extra for a seat reservation and that worked well). The total inflexibility on luggage weight is a sham and price gouge policy. We are both smallish people our carry on luggage was well under weight and one checked in bag (which of course we paid for) was 1 kg over bang another 20E ie it is per bag if hers was under and mine over you still pay on the one that is over. The flight crew were fine but the check in woman forgot to stamp my wife's boarding document so having gone through the queue we had to run back for that. The airport shuttle service from Porte Maillot to Beauvais was very good but it is 1.5 hrs. Ryanair is now my airline of last resort.

Ryanair customer review

Seats uncomfortable ridiculous rules which although we adhered to them we could see that others did not. Hot food ran out and staff did not seem to have any comments other than what were likely to have been stock responses it seems if your flight is later in the day it is 'pot luck' if the advertised food is available as it is not replenished between stops! Didn't want to travel with Ryanair but really had no alternative at the time with destination and dates but would avoid in the future.