Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

I would not recommend Ryanair. I recently flew from Paris to Barcelona with my wife. We were hoping to save a few dollars by flying this cheap airline. We paid for it. First airport where they fly out of is about 80km from Paris so you will pay extra to get there and it will cost you time. Then when you get there be prepared to pay 10 euros for every kilo overweight (max 20 kilos per checked bag most airlines give 25 kilos per checked bag). Finally don't forget to print your boarding pass because if you don't you will pay 70 euros per person for them to do it at the airport (this was twice as much as the actual ticket). I highly recommend avoiding this airline. Every passenger before us was very much aggravated in some capacity for one reason or the other.

Ryanair customer review

Flying about 4 times a year to Spain this year I checked out Ryanair flights which were a little cheaper. so went with them. Unfortunately the 3 flights booked have all been changed some by just a few hours but on one in particular leaves me with a loss of almost a days holiday.

Ryanair customer review

After paying to reserve a window seat on my flight to Palma Mallorca on 10 May 2014 I was horrified to find that my seat 11A did not have a window at all. There was nothing on the aircraft plan to show that there was a bulkhead where a window should be. I did not see a thing for the duration of the flight which was annoying to say the least as my wife and I enjoy looking down on the view below.

Ryanair customer review

Prestwick to Gran Canaria return. Both flights on time did pay for extra legroom worth the money for a 4 hour flight. Had our cabin baggage removed at Prestwick as they had passed their 90 bag rule staff ensured personal items (passports money etc) were removed. On return we were allowed them in the cabin. Very overpriced onboard product but if you don't want to buy it then don't. Staff friendly.

Ryanair customer review

Use of Ryanair is generally a last resort. Flight last Friday from Treviso to Bristol was due to take off at 15:20 but about 30mins beforehand a small storm arrived with torrential rain and lightning meant there was likely to be some delay. However passengers were still gathered around the very small and enclosed gate area as normal and only at departure time was the board updated to show an hour delay. Everyone including several disabled passengers in wheelchairs stayed expecting aircraft arrival and loading as indicated. The storm had passed and other aircraft were moving. No further updates were given and an hour later a further hour delay was updated on the gate display. With no seating for most passengers no refreshments and no information people were becoming unhappy especially as another delayed flight were packed into the same space. When the third hour delay was put up on the display it was accompanied by advice notices for passengers advising of EU travel rights! When the plane eventually arrived just before the third hour of delay and passengers allowed to board the crew were more concerned with making sure we were aware they were due to be off duty soon - no word of any apology for delay from anyone. Part way into the flight back it was then announced the crew was at their limit of allowed flight time and we would be diverted into Brussels for a new crew to board. On landing no crew but another hour wait for them to be roused from homes to take over the flight. Why the operations staff did not allow for this originally is not known! Eventually arrived back in Bristol over four hours late. Needless to say will not be rushing to use Ryanair again anytime soon!

Ryanair customer review

This stupid 7 day check in was not highlighted when I purchased the flights. My wife and I had to travel a day ahead of our due flight time and could not print off our return tickets. Oour Spanish holiday was spent in the mountains with no facility to access a computer. I rang their customer care line and emailed 4 times asking for help - no reply to either request. I was left with no option than to pay £40 extra to check in. This is my first and last booking with this company.

Ryanair customer review

I was warned by several family members to not fly with Ryanair but the flight I wanted with my friends was cheap so I didn't mind so much. I'm usually a very easy going person but Ryanair make my blood boil! They changed my flight time by more than 8 hours meaning that I would lose a day on my holiday I applied for a refund as did my three other friends for the coming home flight (We rebooked another coming home flight for a few days later with Ryanair) All of my friends got their refund however Ryanair refused to give me mine! They said that I cannot just refund one leg of the journey. Eventually they said they would refund it 3 months later and I'm still waiting for money to be put back into my account. I highly recommend you don't put yourself in this kind of position to be tricked out of your money.

Ryanair customer review

Pre-paid for seats as we were travelling with a 4 year old and needed to sit with her at Stansted they called Priority and Pre Booked seats on first on returning from Perpignan they did not call pre booked seats. On checking our tickets we noticed a * against Other Queue - does this mean you have paid for pre-booked seats? Neither ground or aircrew knew what it means!

Ryanair customer review

Ryanair's business model appears to me to revolve around cheap ticket pricing with highly complicated and rigid terms and conditions which the majority of people will fall foul of thus allowing Ryanair to introduce additional costs hence restoring their profits. Placed a booking Ryanair changed the rules between the time I placed my booking and date of flying which meant they expect me to receive return flight boarding cards by email whilst on holiday and then try to get the hotel to print them out for me. There are too many ifs buts and maybes in that scenario so alternatively - pay 13 per person to be able to print boarding cards before we leave the UK.

Ryanair customer review

Stansted to Budapest return. Both flights left a few minutes late and arrived almost on time. Cabin crew worked hard seats were not too uncomfortable. By following the rules we purchased and paid nothing additional - hence it was great value. The new seven day check-in rule is a bit of a pain because it applies for each leg of the trip separately. So (seven days in advance) we had to check in for the flight out on the 12th May and for the flight back on the 14th. It would be nice to be able to do them both on the same outward day.