Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

Flew Ryanair for the first time 2 weeks ago and again last week. Derry to Birmingham and back. Having read the reviews it was with some trepidation I booked the flights as they are the only airline flying to Derry it was forced on me. The web site wasn't too difficult and I was prompted by online live chat if I dallied they were helpful and reassured me only one booking had been made. Paid for hold luggage as I had a laptop bag as well. Reserved seats were welcome. I printed the boarding passes off before hand and arrived in plenty of time. Onboard reasonable bit garish and the selling wasn't too obnoxious given only a 50 min flight. Depart and arrive on time. So overall the experience wasn't too bad but then everything worked ok. The nagging feeling is what if it hadn't? But given the price you get what you pay for. Would I fly with them again? Given it was the only airline to that airport then yes. If to another airport and there was an alternative and there were consequences to not arriving on time and the company was paying then I would think very hard about it.

Ryanair customer review

I often fly with Ryanair between Dublin and Nantes. They are always on time (more or less 30min max) plus are the only ones to offer a direct flight between those 2 cities. Don't expect much on the service side : they have very good deals for the tickets and they bring you from point A to B that's it! Be careful though with all the added fees they can charge.

Ryanair customer review

I recently flew from Manchester to Rome and had to ask for a wheelchair both going and on return. Ryanair organised this for me. Staff were waiting at both ends. The staff who were waiting were friendly efficient and very professional.

Ryanair customer review

We flew last week Manchester - Alicante. The flight and boarding were flawless we only had hand luggage and had priority boarding. Outbound we were delayed by almost 2 hours because of French ATC problems but other than this the flight was quite unremarkable. the seats don't recline which in my opinion is a bonus and were adequate for a sub 3 hour flight. The tickets were fairly priced and the allocated seating is as it should be. Cabin crew were great and cockpit announcements fine. I'd gladly fly with Ryanair again. There was zero IFE but I had my tablet and didn't expect otherwise. Food and beverages were priced as expected.

Ryanair customer review

Travelled many times with Ryanair LBA to ALC. Always on time give or take 15 mins. Staff generally helpful and friendly. Comfortable flight. Spotlessly clean bright plane. Seats ok for the larger person. Not always food available but ok for short flight. Only gripe a couple of years ago delayed boarding at Alicante. Passengers were rushed on plane resulting in bedlam. Plane taxiing before everyone seated and not enough baggage space. Normally let a few on at a time which is usually fine.

Ryanair customer review

FR1121 on Sun 9th March 2014 - boarded the plane after a 45 minute delay on the check in desk to be told that the pilot was not prepared to fly a plane which had a problem with the water supply. After sitting on the runway for approx. 50 minutes we then had to wait for water and for re-fuel. Finally we took off to Tenerife. On landing at Tenerife Sur the captain aborted the initial landing and escalated back into the sky to attempt a second landing. Also no food on the plane other than snacks.
Value For Money N/A

Ryanair customer review

I've taken literally hundreds of flights with Ryanair from London to Kerry - either Stansted or Luton in the last ten years. Twice flights were cancelled once delayed and once I had baggage that was overweight which resulted in a penalty. I've never had a problem with any staff always found them fine - they respond to how you talk to them I think. They are always cheap and I can't fault them. I always paid priority got there early accepted what I couldn't change. I have trained myself to sleep as soon as I board so onboard purchased don't bother me.

(Italy)

Paris (Beauvais) to Bologna. FR4304 19 Mar 2014. Ryanair's business model is based upon ripping-off 20% of customers and then using this money to offer cheap flight and cheap services to the other 80%. Last night I was ripped off for 70 Euros which was actually the price of my ticket just because I didn't check-in online! It was my first time with this airline and there was nothing mentioned when they sent the e-ticket they took advantage of the little T&C that they claim to have put somewhere on their website. Staff were rude and ready to fight.

(Spain)

14th March Tenerife to Manchester and yet again no food for sale on the flight. There were quite a few people not happy with the situation but the crew just said they had nothing for sale. No inflight magazines were handed out so when they came with the duty free sales not much was sold as no one knew what was for sale. I really wish that Ryanair would sort out the inflight service as I enjoy all the other aspects of flying Ryanair but this lets them down terribly.

Ryanair customer review

Flew from Edinburgh (EDI) to Alicante (ALC) and found that the journey had pros and cons. The pros are Ryanair is a very cheap airline to fly with it usually gets you to your destination 20 mins earlier before scheduled time when you land there is a fanfare sound which is quite funny and the staff are helpful because I had asked for a sick bag and got one right away. Cons are the seats are not comfy at all the staff are arrogant the leg room is very limited the food is expensive and when you board the aircraft it has a very weird strong smell. Would maybe fly with Ryanair again.