Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

Flew Ryanair for the first time in July. Were not aware that reserving a seat gave you priority boarding! Had 3 seats in back row had to board from the front! No room for hand luggage by the time we sat down luckily staff helped out. Seats had little leg room flight to Crete left an hour late! On return got seats with more leg room bliss. Only real nightmare is reserving seats online outside UK. That said fight was cheaper than other airlines and was a new route to the west of the island we were very pleased.

Ryanair customer review

We went to Spain from 8th-16th when we booked we had to fork out £50 for 1 suitcase so we had to share! This was the first time I have been with Ryanair and I wont be returning. We didn't have a clue that you had to rush to find a seat on the plane. Once on the flight we had to sit in seats that hadn't been cleaned. On the return we arrived with 1 suitcase and me with 1 hand luggage our suitcase had jumped up to 21kg so it was either pay or throw something out. In the end a towel and a pair of shoes got chucked and we ended up with only 19kg. We bought duty free turns out it takes 1 hour to get through your gate due to the fact you have to fit all duty free in your hand luggage and your hand luggage has to be 10kg or under! I do not recommend at all!

Ryanair customer review

My husband and I were on a 14 day holiday and selected Ryanair to fly from Edinburgh to Dublin on September 15. I purchased tickets on August 23. In the US it customary for passengers to print their airline tickets at kiosk by simply entering their confirmation number of their itinerary. When I attempted to do the same the kiosk requested payment of 140 pounds. My husband and I were completely stunned as we had already made payment to Ryanair for the tickets which included priority boarding and baggage fees. When I questioned the employee I was informed that I would have to pay 140 pounds in order to board the flight! We felt completely extorted by Ryanair's unscrupulous fees. After paying this fee we were then told that we could bring on 1 carry on bag-this would include a ladies handbag. We were instructed to place our carry on in this ridiculous contraption. If the bag exceeded this Ryanair informed us that we had to pay an additional 60 pounds. I seriously caution anyone to seek alternative air transportation when considering Ryanair as their mode of transportation as it will considerably be cheaper than using the so called "low fare" airline.
Seat Comfort N/A

(Cyprus)

I cannot understand why Ryanair allows each passenger to take a carry on bag on board if there is only space for half of them in the overhead locker. The flight attendant stuffed my bag under the seat in front of me and I was very uncomfortable. I chose a nice looking brown bread sandwich from the booklet and of course it was not available. I have to say though that the flight attendants on this flight Paphos - Thessaloniki on 12 Sep 2013 were very friendly. On the way back on Sep 16 2013 the flight was delayed and we finally boarded at 11.00 pm and of course by then I had learned my lesson and ran to the plane to get a space in the overhead locker. The female flight attendant was obviously very tired and huffed and puffed all the way to Paphos If was very visible that she hated her job and all the pax on board. The male flight attendant drank from a water bottle closed the toilet door with his foot and counted the money at the end of the service in the front where all passengers could see.
Seat Comfort N/A

Ryanair customer review

My new wife and I were on our Honeymoon in Kos Greece. We booked through Thomson who organised everything. Outbound we flew Easyjet and had no real issues we had one small hold bag each and 1 small piece of hand luggage. We live in Jersey and do not have Ryanair there. Therefore we knew nothing about it. On the way home we were flying with Ryanair but had not heard of any of their "rules". At check we were asked for our boarding passes. As we did not have them we got charged £70 for both. Essentially we paid £140 for two pieces of paper! Then they said we had not paid for the luggage online. We paid a further £160 to get one bag on. Then we found out that there are no allocated seats unless you pay more money to become priority passengers. Paid a further £20 each to guarantee we sat together. We could have bought a whole new flight with a non low cost airline for that much! It was the worst travelling experience with have both had.

Ryanair customer review

On the way back from Portugal at the airport realised I had no boarding passes and was told the choice was the only way to get back to London was to pay 70 euros each - 2 adults one child it took the seconds to print our tickets. Once we paid up I think was very bad service.

Ryanair customer review

Flew Stansted-Rome for a short stay with friends almost got bowled over by the rush to get off the bus and onto the plane to get seats. Then on the way back at the Rome check-in our checked bag was determined to be too heavy even though it was exactly the same weight it had been on the way out so we had to take items out and add them to the carry-on bag before we could check the bag in. I would only recommend Ryanair to someone who had absolutely no other way of getting to his destination.

Ryanair customer review

I travel with them several times a year. I fly between England and Germany. This year I have travelled with them 4 times. After arriving at Bremen airport today my partner and I entered the queue to hand over her luggage. We had paid an additional 30 EUR the night before in order for her to take one piece of 15kg luggage as it is not included in the Ryanair booking price. My partner was flying to Stansted which is about 40 Miles north of London. After 5 minutes of standing in the queue the Ryanair person working at the desk disappeared and was talking to her friend at the hand luggage and boarding card control desk. I went over and asked her why she was not manning the desk any more and she said "because I only take luggage 40 minutes before take-off". When I said "but we were waiting there and you closed the desk without even telling us" she then lost her patience and got really rude. Subsequently we paid the 60 euros. They call themselves a "no-frills airline" but in effect they are indeed an uncaring "no-service airline". I would give them one star out of 10 for their airport staff. I will not be flying with them again.

Ryanair customer review

First time user of Ryanair so to be on the safe side booked seats and got priority boarding. We were very surprised at how smoothly everything went. Coming back from Palma it was obvious the people in front of us had used Ryanair before. They were a couple with two children and had put a large bag on the floor with coats on top and got the youngest child to lay on it. The father had another large bag over his shoulder. The Ryanair staff were walking down the line as we were waiting to board with a box the size of what suitcases were allowed a shand luggage but I never saw them check against anybody's luggage. Some of the so called hand luggage was almost as big as my hold suitcase. After we all boarded a young couple squashed into the extra legroom pretending to let people pass by then were amazed that there was no seats left together so they ended up sitting there. We the ignorant passengers had to pay for our extra leg room.

Ryanair customer review

Nothing cheap about Ryanair make a mistake and they make you pay dearly. My family of four missed the flight Stansted to Trieste by being held up by immigration and security rebook flight next day £440 penalty original cost was £220 return flight so do the maths. Being a first time traveller with Ryanair we are from Australia. Ryanair is an experience you don't want to do to often.