Jetblue Airways

"flying Jetblue on future flights"

On our way back home from the Dominican Republic our plane to New York was delayed about 6 hours. When we first heard this we were so upset because they only have one plane that comes into that small airport but they quickly worked out a plan to get us home. They were going to put us in a hotel overnight in New York but I am a critical care nurse and could not miss any more days of work. Right when they heard this they switched our connecting flight and even changed our destination from San Diego to LAX. They comped our taxi ride, gave us food vouchers and even a coupon for our next flight with them. They made a very stressful situation run so smoothly. They lady at the desk in LAX knew how to be patient with people. She was so helpful and sweet. We will for sure be flying with Jetblue on future flights!
RoutePuerto Plata to San Diego
Date FlownNovember 2015

"no sense of customer satisfaction"

This is a low cost airline who I thought were a little different from the rest, unfortunately not. I wanted to change a flight and instead of charging me the current difference in price they wanted to look back at the price I paid for the fare and the price now. If they said we will charge you the difference in airfare at the time of booking then fine, but they wanted to charge the difference of a fare booked weeks in advance, hence cheaper, and the cost of the new flight which departed in 24 hours. The flight I was booked on was exactly the same cost as the one I wanted to change to, but these cowboys wanted to basically steal money from me to get something that was of exactly the same value. Small airline generally stay just that, because they haven't the foresight or sense of customer satisfaction the market leaders have. When I asked to be put through to their customer service department I was told the person I was speaking to was it! Rude abrupt and totally devoid of any sense of what is right and unwilling to help. All I got was "it is in the terms and conditions" which very few of us read but do expect like all good companies are reasonable and fair.
RouteNew York to Nassau

"experience was positive"

Fort Lauderdale to Las Vegas. This was my first time flying JetBlue, and my experience was positive. The flight left on time and arrived early into Las Vegas. I had no issue with the flight or service. Monday night football was on, which many were enjoying on their IFE, and the game literally ended as we pulled up to the gate, the timing could not have been better. JetBlue does charge for bags which I paid. And from the time I booked the flight to the time I left the price of the flight only went up (as it should).
RouteFLL to LAS

"fly JetBlue in future"

I was expecting my flight from New York JFK to Los Angeles on JetBlue to be a more budget friendly business class option. I was wrong. Mint is a fantastic design and is superior to many First Class options on other US airlines. The flight attendants were very friendly, and the food was great. Will definitely fly JetBlue in future.
RouteJFK to LAX
Date FlownJuly 2015

Jetblue Airways customer review

I hardly ever do reviews but today I flew into St. Georges Grenada from JFK and absolutely had to let Jetblue know how amazing one of their staff was : Kelly at check-in not only expedited my very time rushed transit but also personally brought me an important folder I had left at the counter right into the plane before take off. You're a superstar and I will definitely be paying it forward. Thank you so much. JetBlue, you're lucky to have such an amazing employee!
RouteNew York JFK to Grenada

"good service overall"

Flew from DC to Boston for the marathon this year. It was only an hour gate to gate, which was one of the shortest flights I've ever flown. They had seatback TVs, that played around 35 channels. The flight attendants weren't very interesting. Served soda and snacks, including peanuts, chips and cookies. Good service overall. Bumpy though, because there was a storm over Cape Cod. Very cheap, but overall it was a very good flight.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteWashington-Reagan to Boston
Date FlownApril 2015

"the service was great"

First time on JetBlue and I can now see what the fuss is about. They're excellent. We paid extra for the 'Even More space' seats and it was worth it. Never have had so much leg room on an economy class seat - which is important on this 4.30 hour flight from New York to Aruba. The service was great, the IFE system fantastic and the A321 plane was close to new. The internet worked for part of the flight and was quite fast for being airborne (it only works over US air space - although would be great if it worked for the entire duration of the flight). The only improvement required is the food menu. On such a long flight they should have something more substantial to eat than a processed cheese pack or pretzels.
RouteNew York to Aruba
Date FlownOctober 2015

"surprised by how nice it was"

I must admit, as a UK resident, I had had some dread about using Jetblue, as I had expected they would be a US equivalent of Ryanair. However, they turned out to be just fine. Booked online weeks in advance, checked in at the airport, all very quick and efficient, flights exactly on time. Big seats and legroom, more than on the international flights we took. I'll give them a 9 even though they left my case in San Francisco (the airport's fault, not theirs), as they got it into the hotel in Las Vegas the same night and provided e-mail updates several times during the process. Really surprised by how nice it was to fly with them.
RouteSFO to LVG via LBO
Date FlownOctober 2015

"never flying with Jetblue again"

The flight from New York to Las Vegas was fine. Nothing special, but nothing horrible. My real problem with Jetblue was regarding my flight home. I had a flight booked from Las Vegas back to New York on a Sunday night at 9:15 pm. At around 6:00 pm, on that Sunday, I received an email not from Jetblue but from expedia, the site I used to book the flight. The email said that Jetblue had made changes to my flight, without even notifying me themselves! I was told by expedia to call them right away, and was told that my flight was canceled. Expedia tried to get me on another flight that night, Expedia not the airline of which I was a customer! Expedia informed me that Jetblue had no other fights that night, and I would have to fly out in the afternoon the next day. I could not do that, I had no money to spend on another hotel stay for the night, I was already checked out of my previous hotel, and ready to go home. I thought in the least, Jetblue would accommodate me with a free hotel stay for the night, but they were not accommodating in any way whatsoever. They did not reassure me that they would at least try to get me back on another flight that night, no hotel stay, nothing! Luckily, some friends I was with managed to get us a flight that night on Virgin America. But Jetblue had no compassion, were completely uncaring towards me, and my two other friends who were on that same canceled flight. I was told with much attitude, to calm down over the phone multiple times. They were also completely useless when my parents called them from New York, trying to fix my situation. That is no way to treat a customer. I am never flying with Jetblue again.
RouteNew York to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2015

"great first time experience"

We departed October 7th to visit San Juan, Puerto Rico. When we checked in they assigned me a seat but not my sister. The agent said "they will assign her a seat at the gate". Totally confused about that we checked everything in and when we got to the gate we explained to the agent for some reason one of us didn't get a seat assignment. We then asked if we could be reassigned to sit together. They first offered us the last seats on the plane, we didn't want those if we didn't have too. After about 5 minutes we had seats in the extra room section. Very pleased with our area lots of room. Our interaction with 2 flight attendants was outstanding and made the flight a delight. Thanks Jetblue for great first time experience!
RouteChicago to San Juan