Jetblue Airways

"Generally not worth the hassle"

Trip Verified | JetBlue cancelled the first leg of the flight from Buffalo to New York (then connecting to London), they said due to bad weather. Staff tried to be helpful, but the next flight was the day after. No help for a hotel room, no support for food/drink, basically nothing at all. Flights are very often delayed, chaos with permanently changing gate. You get dozens of emails about your flights being changed back and forth - before eventually getting cancelled. On board it's ok-ish. Great is wifi and life tv, good legroom. Otherwise low cost standard: "free snacks" until they run out, food is not great. Small aircraft for overseas flight, everything is dated, rotting and not clean. Smallest bathrooms I have ever seen. Generally not worth the hassle.
RouteBuffalo to London via New York
Date FlownJune 2024

"Got scammed for $450.00 dollars"

Not Verified | Got scammed for $450.00 dollars when JetBlue changed my daughter's trip to Disney with her 2 sons aged 4 and 7 and her husband when she looked and saw the itinerary had been changed and the return leg of their round trip tickets had the parents separated from the children, I, the grandfather purchased the tickets and had the kids sitting with the parents and having 2 window seats. When JetBlue decided to change the flight they separated the parents from the kids on the flight. When my daughter called and tried to get them back together they told her there were only 4 seats together and it would cost an additional $450.00 dollars to get them safely back together. She had a choice, cancel trip or pay the extortion fee of $450.00, she got absolutely no help with customer service nor did I having spent about 2 hours of being jerked around and finally speaking to a resolutions manager and getting no sympathy or offer to change or remove the fees for the changes they made. First time and last time dealing with this airline, betting this is a common occurrence and a nice sleazy way to get more money from people. Be careful booking with these people they have no interest in making your trip anything other than a money grabbing affair, great way for us to start our vacation.
RouteBradley International to Orlando
Date FlownJuly 2024

“cant believe the greed of this company”

Trip Verified | I really cant believe the greed of this company. I had a vacation to mexico with my daughter from the 5-9. Unfortunately there was a Hurricane and had to change dates, not due to my choice or personal matter, but due to a natural disater. My departure was with AA and they changed my tickets dates without a problem. However my return was with Jetblue and I had to cancel my tickets to get a petty $80 credit on $350 tickets. Had to repurchase for a later date and spent $380 without luggage of which the previous flight included. Stop being so petty especially with your customers in a situation which involved a natural disaster.
RouteCancún to New York
Date FlownJuly 2024

"Lost a long time customer"

Trip Verified | JetBlue cancelled my dad’s flight with no explanation as to why. Rebooked on their own for 2 days later for a time that was not convenient, when I reached out to customer service to rebook to a different airport (closer to my home) and a time convenient for me, after waiting for two hrs one hr for regular customer service and one hr for escalations was told that they were very sorry for the inconvenience but that there was nothing that they could do. Was told I could cancel get reimbursed and buy a new ticket in the airport I wanted which would have cost me triple the amount of the original price. All I wanted was to change the airport (same airline) since they cancelled his flight but was told they couldn’t do it. JetBlue does not care to accommodate their customers for inconvenience caused by them. Just heard news that due to traffic control staff shortages in JFK flights had to be cancelled, delayed or redirected to different airports so don’t believe the “weather conditions” excuse. Shame on JetBlue for not valuing their customers. Lost a long time customer in me, my family and anyone I can spare the headache!
RouteNew York to San Juan
Date FlownJune 2024

"I am thoroughly disappointed"

Not Verified |   I want to share my disappointing experience with JetBlue. My flight from JFK, scheduled for 2:10 PM on June 30, 2024, was continuously delayed and eventually canceled at 3:01 PM, with no explanation provided. Several other JetBlue flights to different destinations were also canceled, clearly visible on the monitors. The delay of the Miami flight was attributed to a shortage of crew. It is evident that JetBlue does not value their customers' time, impacting their ability to spend time with loved ones. I am thoroughly disappointed with JetBlue's service and have no intention of flying with them again, nor will I recommend them. Despite my previous positive experiences with JetBlue, my last three flights have all been marred by extensive delays.
RouteNew York to Ft Myers

"Super disappointed"

Not Verified |   Delayed for 6 hours. Super disappointed with this airline - they don’t even offer anything to you to make you feel happy. Don’t think I’m going to travel with them anymore. Not even 50 dollars to buy food
RouteNewark to Orlando
Date FlownJuly 2023

"Delayed flight three times"

Not Verified | Delayed flight three times for a total of 12 hours. The last delay was while we were on our way to the airport and got in too late for it to work. They refused to refund enough to pay for a last minute ticket on a competent airline. Never again.
RouteMinneapolis to Boston
Date FlownJune 2024

"so considerate and helpful"

Trip Verified | My day started horrible with Jet Blue, in Seattle there is a lot of construction, I was told by the airline I flew into Seattle on to arrive at least 4 to 5 hours early because TSA lines are extra long because some are closed due to the construction. Well I got there 5 hours early to sit at the Jet Blue desk waiting to check my bag for hours because there was no customer service representative until 2 hours before the flight. So at 9:15 am finally someone arrived. Today June 14th there was a lot of storms that delayed flights. So I was unable to make my connection flight to Philadelphia, Victoria in Jet Blue baggage service was so helpful and made this high stress travel day end on a great note by helping get my bag in a very timely manner, set me up in a hotel and was just so considerate and helpful through the whole process. All of the woman in Boston Baggage service for jet blue was all very helpful and you could tell they was passionate about their jobs.
RouteBoston to Philadelphia
Date FlownJune 2024

"don’t let families sit together"

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. Worst crew members. Even when there are million of seats empty they don’t let families sit together by moving them on the empty seats. Worst customer services. Never take this airline
RouteNew York to Vancouver

"a nice experience"

Not Verified |   Aside from the hour delay leaving EWR due to bad weather, my roundtrip flight from EWR to TPA and back was a nice experience with JetBlue. The crew was friendly, the aircraft was clean and comfortable, and I even got the luck of chatting with the pilots.
RouteNewark to Tampa