Jetblue Airways

"wanted to charge me a fee to rebook"

Not Verified | I booked my flight to New York to Puerto Platafor 11/09/2021, JetBlue cancel my flight. I already requested vacation from work and booked hotel. I ask customer service for help rebooking since it was not my fault that JetBlue cancel my reservation. JetBlue Customer service wanted to charge me a fee to rebook. Why should I pay a fee to reschedule if JetBlue cancel my flight?
RouteNew York to Puerto Plata
Date FlownNovember 2020

"✅ Trip Verified | "

Trip Verified | I had the worst service experience before boarding the plane. My ticket was checked and prior to checking my tickets, one of the workers said my bookbag and my sons was too big and my nieces bag was too big. The employee was rude, told me to remove any laptops from the bag and the fee will be 60 dollars for each bag to fly. I paid 190 for all bags. My 9 year old had less clothes so his book bag was smaller. They didn't do anything for me as a courtesy, I was told we didn't want to miss our flight to hurry up. Worst experience ever. I'm pregnant, also my son is special needs and he was upset as well. First time I have experienced this with any airline. Spirit and Delta never treated me this way.
RouteFlorida to Newark
Date FlownAugust 2021

"It is beyond shocking to see JetBlue fail so badly"

Trip Verified | Below outlines a series of customer service failures from JetBlue that erode hard won customer trust and from which it is hard to recover: 1) I got notified less than 90 min before flight #2288 from Newark to ACK was to take off that it was cancelled. No explanation given just a cancellation notification with a rescheduled flight for the next day. Cost to me: 2.5 hours of travel time to and from airport ($100+) and missed work time. 2) My rebooked flight leaving Newark at 10.10a bound for ACK switched gates 2x in the span of an hour with no text notification or phone call, causing me to miss my flight and go through different security lines 3x in an attempt to reach the right gate (others experienced this same problem). Again the cost to me and others (time and money) is significant. Details are as follows: I arrived at 8.45a went through security to get to the assigned gate 18, only to learn via my e-boarding pass that the gate had changed to gate 21. This required me to go to a different part of the airport with another security check in. I did this and arrived at the new gate 21 only to learn when I tried to board that the flight had been changed back to gate 18. I raced back to the other part of the airport passing through another security check point only to be told the gate 18 was now closed (it was 10a) and that I missed my flight. To be clear, I did not get a txt msg or a phone call notification of the gate change and my e-boarding pass still had gate 21 listed. Reinforcing the lack of value and respect that Jet Blue has for its customers was the $50 credit I received at 9.45am. This does not begin to cover the costs to me for Jet Blue’s failures over the past 24 hours and shows an utter disrespect for my time or patronage. It is beyond shocking to see JetBlue fail so badly. The only bright spot was an employee at the ticket counter who patiently tried to help but in the end was not empowered to do anything meaningful to compensate for her employer’s poor customer service.
RouteNewark to Nantucket
Date FlownAugust 2021

"despicable no one even explains anything"

Trip Verified | I’ve been seeing this on social media, I didn’t believe it. I got here for my flight to New York 6pm, at first the flight was delayed one hour later later on it’s delayed 4 hours with no announcement nothing. This will be the last time I travel with Jetblue. This is despicable no one even explains anything.
RouteSanto Domingo to New York
Date FlownAugust 2021

"idiotic, incompetent and unorganized"

Trip Verified | JetBlue has provided me the worst airline experience I ever had. I booked a flight with 3 friends from EWR-MIA on August 21st 2021, our departure was initially at 8:45pm. We arrive by 6:30pm to check in our bags. Everything seemed fine until 8:30pm and the boarding process hasn’t started. Strange enough, our flight has been delayed until 9:30pm due to a gate change. After 9:30pm, once again the staff announced yet another delay until 10:40pm. Once it hit 11:00pm, the staff once again announced a different gate change and now the flight will take off by 1:00am. Frustrated and concerned, we waited patiently. The staff announced at 1:10am that our plane has arrived. All passengers eagerly get up and form a line to board. 20 min later, the staff announces that the plane did not have functioning AC and they will be waiting for the airplane to “cool off.” Strange, but ok. At 2:00am on the DOT, they announce our flight is cancelled. 6 hours waiting. We go down to get our checked bags and they are nowhere to be found. Not 1 staff was able to provide information as to where our checked bags were. In conclusion it took 2 HOURS for most passengers to retrieve their checked bags since they “misplaced” our bags at the wrong gate 4:00AM and trying to figure out how we could revoke our tickets and get our refund. Still in the process. Did not provide hotels and made us wait an hour for a taxi. Their staff told passengers to get a hotel in Boston. Boston isn’t even in the same state as New Jersey, their staff doesn’t contain basic knowledge. All I have to say is, JetBlue has the most idiotic, incompetent and unorganized staff. I will never be flying with JetBlue in my life.
RouteNewark to Miami
Date FlownAugust 2021

"so disgusted with Jetblue"

Trip Verified | Let me start of by saying that jet blue has to be the worse airline I have traveled in my 43 years. I will be taking this message and my review to every Avenue possible to expose the terrible customer service you have given us on my trip to punta Cana from San Francisco. From The start we had a six hour delay in San Francisco missed two connections, The agent at SFO rudely told us well if you don’t move your seat to the front and sit at the seats that you are sitting you won’t make your connection. They split our family up with a 8yo, to move this to the front, finally got to JFK had three minutes to get on another plane in New York, then being told by another Jet Blue agent so rudely don’t worry this is an international flight you will get your bag however being the law we never boarded the flight with our bags. Arrived in DR are bags were lost, they never made the flight. Went to the so-called baggage claim there the JetBlue agent wrote everything out on the paper. And obviously messed up there because the next day we got an email saying our bags was being sent to Punta Cana however the moment when it arrived there they sent it to the wrong resort. In the meanwhile we were told that they were going to be reimbursed for the items that we bought we had to spend $80 in taxi fees to get to the "Grocery store" to find out that they don’t sell clothing our size! Who wants to spend their 1st day like this? Spent 3 days in the same clothes that we came in. We finally received our bags 3 days later and we were only traveling for 4 full days. How does the jetblue agent working there who wrote out clearly where the bag was to be delivered had sent it to the wrong resort. They only way we found this out was to take another $80 taxi trip back to the airport to try to receive our bags ourselves. Got to the office spoke to a Dominican woman who had no ideas where our bag was, after hours wasted of precious vacation time we found out that they sent it clear across the island. Mind you I had a small child who was losing her patience thru all this mess. Moving now to our experience with jetblue counter in punta Cana . they made us take 19 lbs of luggage out our bag or pay $175 extra dollars, how is it that the same bag came from sfo with no extra charges we had our vacation luggage for 1 day and now you want to charge me that much to bring it back? Get the hell out. I’m so disgusted with Jetblue I will never ever refer anyone to this airline ever, even on arrival In jet blue knowing that the custom line is over 2 hrs long and we had a connection within an hour from gate to gate, they made us rush all the way thru customs and thru security with a very very rude staff thru TSA.
RouteSan Francisco to Punta Cana via JFK

"Very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Flight Cancelled - Stranded in Newark - Terrible Customer Service - I booked a return flight home from Newark (EWR) to Phoenix (PHX), The Jetblue ticket i purchased said Operated by American Airlines flight 606. The Flight was cancelled. Jetblue took no responsibility (neither did American) i couldn't re-book - can't get a refund by any airline I'm just out the money for the original ticket plus the ticket i had to purchase myself in Newark to get home. Very bad experience. 3 hour wait times to speak to customer service with resolution to the issue.
RoutePhoenix to Newark
Date FlownJuly 2021

"JetBlue did not help them"

Not Verified | I am very displeased with the customer service provided to my parents as elderly persons that they are, people at the counter should be more polite and helpful. They were traveling to Colombia and they did not know about an immigration requirement that they had to fill in on the computer, something that could also be done on paper. JetBlue did not help them and the man at the FLL counter was extremely rude. I used to think that JetBlue was a good company until this man showed otherwise.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Cartagena Colombia
Date FlownAugust 2021

"The overall service is horrible"

Trip Verified | We are a military Family. When checking in baggage we double check with Jetblue bage service that we could take care on bag even though on ticket it said no carry on . She reassured us that it was fine. At the gate we found out we could not. We mentioned that we we military and they said yes they had to charge us. $65 for each bag. We had 2 bags. When we could have checked them in at the baggage for free! I would never recommend them the charge for carry and check bags. This soured the rest of the ride. The overall service is horrible.
RouteOrlando to Syracuse
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Never fly JetBlue except for nonstops"

Trip Verified | When I departed BTV no one indicated a problem. 1 hour 22 minutes later at JFK the next flight was posted as 3 hours delayed. It took off when my business meeting in Miami started; I stayed at JFK, got a room and attended the meeting by Zoom. Why did JetBlue allow me to board? The "Ask JetBlue" desk was useless in helping with my 12 hour layover. I paid for everything. TO make sure JetBlue did not cancel my JFK to BTV return I paid to upgrade my seat, to make sure I had a seat. The "AskJetBlue" guy kept insisting that he did me a favor by upgrading my seat...the one I already paid for. Forget trying to call JetBlue (800-JETBLUE) I have never had less than a 200 minute wait time. Customer service sent an email apologizing an saying they will issue a travel credit within 7 days; it's been 10 days, no credit and I can't get into the JetBlue Travel Bank without them authorizing it first. They suggest if there are problems just call 800-JETBLUE. Surprise! The wait time is 200 minutes. This is not an accident this is JetBlue's business model. Never fly JetBlue except for nonstops.
RouteBurlington to New York via Miami