Jetblue Airways

"Taking advantage of pandemic situation"

Not Verified | Seattle to Long Beach with Jetblue Airways. Taking advantage of pandemic situation! I had to change the dates of my flight. Sure, they waived the change fee (and I paid for cancellation / change insurance to begin with), but my new flights will cost me over $100 more than my original flights. That seems very wrong to me.
RouteSeattle to Long Beach
Date FlownOctober 2019

"taking advantage of a critical situation"

Trip Verified | Havana to New York. Because of the corona Virus I have to return to NY from Cuba they say with no extra charge. I had to pay $50 for my luggage when it was supposed to be free. Jetblue taking advantage of a critical situation.
RouteHavana to New York

"Jetblue abandoned everyone"

Not Verified | Jetblue canceled our flight from Curacao and stranded us. They claim that they were forced to which is a lie. Curacao prohibited new visitors but people were allowed to leave. American Airlines continued to operate their flights in and out of Curacao and are still doing so as of today. Jetblue abandoned everyone who was to leave on their flights. Jetblue did not help us get another flight out. Completely unconscionable behavior and total disregard for the well being of their customers. Luckily on my own I was able to book a ticket on American and leave albeit for thousands of dollars. As icing on the cake, they have refused to issue me a refund and as further icing, customer service gave me an attitude when a refund was requested. Simply unbelievable.
RouteCuracao to New York
Date FlownMarch 2020

"shredded my JetBlue Credit Card"

Trip Verified | Booked flights to Aruba in October 2019, for March 11, 2020 returning March 19. 2020. Flight down was good as usual, I fly this route every March .. on March 16, 2020 @ 2:20 AM revived following email from JetBlue; "your upcoming flight has been cancelled". Contacted JetBlue and was told my flight was cancelled and they could not fly me home until April 1, 2020. Told them I could not stay on the island until April I was told they could not fly because the Aruba goverment would not allow them to. When I informed them that United, Delta and AA were still flying into Aruba to get people home, I was told I should fly with one of those Airlines. Thank you AA for picking up the people that JetBlue abandoned .. I will be sure to remembert their advise in the future, already shredded my JetBlue Credit Card.
RouteBoston to Aruba
Date FlownMarch 2020

"declined to reimburse me"

Not Verified | Aruba to Denver. I am upset due to jetblue canceling my original outbound flight date. Airline declined to reimburse me in any way .. the island I traveled to cancel all inbound flights but not outbound. Due to JetBlue not having and traffic due to inbound flights banned JetBlue is not willing to pick up their paying customers.
RouteAruba to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly JetBlue again"

Not Verified | Palm Beach to New York. I made a round trip reservation to attend my nephew's wedding in NYC for April 4. As we all know the nation is suffering the Coronavirus pandemic. JetBlue advertises no cancelation fees, etc. due to this. That's a lie! After spending a considerable amount of time waiting to speak with a representative I was informed that is not the case - I would be receiving a credit that needed to be used within 1 year or lose it! My nephew will have a difficult time making those arrangements - Church, reception hall on top of countless other weddings cancelled and probably won't be able to do that in time. So it's either 2 solutions - 1) JetBlue goes bankrupt, no credit. 2) Taxpayer bailout while you screw the taxpayer by lying about refunds. The fact that they would due this to a senior citizen is a direct reflection on the character of the airline. My intention is to never fly JetBlue again and I warn you to do the same.
RoutePalm Beach to New York
Date FlownMarch 2020

"we were stuck at the airport for an extra 6 hours"

Not Verified | My wife and I booked a flight from Logan Airport in Boston to Fort Myers. We planned to travel with our toddler and infant. We arrived at the airport early, struggled through a thorough and time consuming search at the security check, and made it to the JetBlue terminal with 20 minutes to kill before boarding started. It was a little after 8 am, so we went to Dunkin Donuts and grabbed some food and drinks for us and the kids. As we traveled through the JetBlue terminal, we noticed a kids' play area so, after we got our food, we returned there and put down our things. We fed both kids, changed their diapers, and went to the bathroom. As we were there, we heard a number of announcements over the loud speaker but none pertaining to our flight. After we got everyone squared away and ready for the flight, we walked to our gate and arrived there at 9.07. We were told that the door closed at 9.05. We asked if there was any way they could let us on the flight, but they turned us away. Was it our fault for not being there on time? Absolutely. We could make a number of excuses for ourselves, but, ultimately, it was on us to be there before the door closed. However, JetBlue did not make any announcements in the kids' area, which is in their own terminal. My wife and I were paying attention to the announcements and we would have heard the call for final boarding had they played it in there. In the end, we were stuck at the airport for an extra 6 hours, which was very difficult, to say the least. Not a fun experience. The way we were treated by JetBlue employees was less than pleasant, too. So, next time, I'll fly with another airline (and never again with two kids under 2).
RouteBoston, MA to Fort Myers, FL
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"won’t be flying JetBlue in the future"

Trip Verified | Chicago to New York JFK. On a half empty flight with extra legroom seats unsold the cabin crew insisted that those seats remain empty for the duration of the flight. I understand selling upgrades is a profit center for airlines, but not allowing the better seats to be used with formal or informal upgrades is not customer friendly. I won’t be flying JetBlue in the future.
AircraftE190
RouteChicago to New York JFK
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Would avoid if possible"

Trip Verified | Would avoid if possible. The flight prices are similar if not more expensive than Southwest and unlike Southwest where there are no cancellation or change fees, JetBlue charges anywhere from $75-$200 for changing or cancelling a flight. You also have to purchase the more expensive flights in order to be eligible to change or cancel a flight and will be given a travel credit unless you purchase the most expensive flight option. My flights are frequently delayed (most recently by 3 hours) and when I traveled long distance I had to pay to choose my seat (and no not for upgraded Extra Comfort seats) on top of the airfare which I didn’t understand, if I’m paying for airfare shouldn't my seat be included unless I’m paying for upgraded seating? Overall I have chosen to avoid JetBlue flights at all costs unless there’s an emergency and they have the only flight available I have zero intentions of flying JetBlue again.
RouteLong Beach to San Jose
Date FlownOctober 2019

"will not fly with them again"

Not Verified | Seattle to Boston. I flew with JetBlue 2 months ago, they lost my suitcase and have still yet to find it. Their way of compensation was to offer awful customer service, and a $700.00 pay out. I wouldn't be so annoyed if they had the decency to pretend like they care about their customers but they do not. I had to engage in almost all communication I had with them. I was told numerous times by JetBLue customer service representatives that the issue would be handled and a representative would reach out. 9/10 times no one would reach out and in turn I would have to call 2 or 3 times just to get an answer as to what would happen with my personal belongings. I do not trust JetBlue and will not fly with them again.
RouteSeattle to Boston