Jetblue Airways

“unprofessional and disrespectful behavior”

Not Verified | I recently experienced offensive behavior from the JetBlue staff at Heathrow Airport, which caused me to have an anxiety attack in front of the entire airport. Additionally, we were flagged for further travel that day, making the situation even more distressing. The unprofessional and disrespectful behavior needs to be addressed to prevent similar incidents in the future.
RouteHeathrow to Florida via New York
Date FlownMay 2024

"Customer service was very poor"

Not Verified | I flew JetBlue from Paris to Boston with a stopover in JFK. The seats were comfortable, had many entertainment options, but food was not as good. Customer service was very poor. I ended up getting delayed at JFK because staff said they needed to wait for an aircraft that was late arriving at JFK. I asked JetBlue help desk about standby on an early flight, and said I would likely not be getting on that flight. I highly advise not flying JetBlue though JFK, as I have always been delayed, and staff are very rude. If you fly JetBlue, I highly recommend flying through Boston instead of JFK.
AircraftA321LR
RouteParis CDG to Boston via New York-JFK
Date FlownMay 2024

"Window seats were especially cold"

Not Verified | During the flight the AC was set on a very low temperature. Probably JetBlue believes it is a smart marketing move to sell as many 10-dollar blankets as possible. That is so obvious. Window seats were especially cold. I am afraid my wife will get sick because of that. When a flight attendant was asked about it she said that they had just brought it up a moment ago. Pretty cynical. No shame
RouteNew York to Vancouver

"Very bad service"

Not Verified | Very bad service. Tickets were purchase for additional money to seat in front. Went to airplane after people who set at the back. They did not have enough space for our carry on. They had to check it in. Lost so much time to get my bags. Makes no sense to buy tickets for extra money to seat in front.
RouteBoston to Raleigh

"Bye bye jetBlue"

Trip Verified | Booked for a direct flight from Orlando to Nassau, Bahamas, which left later than scheduled. The flight was short enough that the crew served water, soft drinks, and snacks only. The A320 was old, and showed its wear on most surfaces and scuffed seating surfaces. The entertainment screens mounted on seatbacks did not work. At all. There was no wifi as advertised. But the crew was friendly, and the flight was smooth. Upon our arrival, we retrieved one of two checked bags from the baggage claim area. I spoke with a very helpful jetBlue representative in baggage claim, who discovered that our second checked bag was still in Orlando. With all of my beachwear, hats, dinner clothing, snorkel gear, medications and my cigars (addiction gladly acknowledged). I asked the jetBlue rep when the bag would be delivered, and she stated that it would be on the only flight scheduled on the following day. She told me who to call at jetBlue central, which I did to no avail. Upon our arrival in Nassau, I bought enough clothing to let me visit the beach and eat at restaurants. 28 hours after our arrival, the lost bag was returned. After returning home (on a different airline), I filed a claim for reimbursement from jetBlue for the clothing. It took two weeks of promises, terminated phone calls in the middle of conversations, and way too much of my time to pry my money out of the hands of the penny pinchers at jetBlue. All to pay me what the U.S. Transportation Dept. said they should pay me. Life should be spent on a beach, in the mountains, at a good bar, with your family ... go ahead and join in. But you shouldn't spend an unreasonable amount of time getting an airline to live up to its promises. Bye bye jetBlue.
RouteOrlando to Nassau
Date FlownApril 2024

"won't refund you for an unused service

(Costa Rica)

Trip Verified | We purchased 4 tickets, prepaid for 3 bags, but the hotel we left them in misplaced one. We requested a refund at the counter and the man there told us to contact customer support, which basically told me "bad luck - we don't care, we won't refund you for an unused service"
RouteNew York to San Jose
Date FlownApril 2024

"customer service has been trash"

Not Verified | This will be the last time I fly with Jetblue. I booked extra leg room for my son and I months ago, it was about $400 seats/taxes/fees. I receive an email today that they moved our seats. They separated my minor child and I by rows and also put us both in the middle. There are other open extra leg room seats in the emergency row (my son is not legally able to sit there due to age restrictions) and yet they separated a parent who paid for seats together at a higher rate instead of putting adults in the emergency exit seats. I called and sat on hold for almost over 45 mins to be put on hold again to the escalation department just to be told "we can do that" and eventually the man in another country hung up on me. The customer service has been trash. I can't believe they'd separate a parent from a kid even with the cost of extra leg room and not move adults elsewhere or at least refund the cost of the seats since the airline moved and separated me from my child. But no, just bad customer service and SOL. I'll never fly Jetblue again. Doesn't matter if you pay for extra leg room, book way in advance, this airline doesn't care.
RouteAruba to Boston
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"will never trust Jetblue again"

Trip Verified | Missed our connecting flight due to a delay they caused, because they twice changed the times between flights, the last time two hours before it left. When I went to the help desk, I was told the plane came in on time so it was my fault for buying a ticket that didn't leave enough time between flights! Any time there is going to be a delay you could say it came in on time if you change the previous flights departure time to later. They continue to say the plane was on time. It was not according to the schedule that was supposed to have come in over an hour earlier. They charged us $75 EACH to put us on a flight to LAX instead of Ont where we had paid more to go to since we have no way to get home from LAX. That flight to LAX broke down and we ended up waiting 6 hours in all for a new plane to take us to LAX where we didn't want to be in the first place. We got in at 3:30am, and had no way to get home. Finally got an Uber home for over a hundred dollars. Had no food, they gave us vouchers for twelve dollars, but all the stores closed at 10:00, and we were given the voucher at 10:15 PM so there was nothing to eat either, and nothing was offered free on the delayed flight once we got on. It was a nightmare, and all we are offered is a $75 credit for a future Jetblue flight, which will never happen. They keep saying the plane was on time, but only because the flight was changed twice, once at the last minute, then we were told to go to the wrong gate, which was also printed on our ticket. When we ran there the gate had been changed to gate sixteen at the other end of the airport. We made it -just barely, we are in our late 70's and nearly died trying to get there, but although the plane was still there, they would not let us on. They proceeded to charge us $75 each to change the ticket to go to LA where we did not want to go, and shouldn't have had to go if the first flight had left on time. All the agents say is that the plane came in on time and it was our fault for purchasing this flight with not enough time. It was the flight Jetblue gave to our credit card travel to sell to us, and had the times not been changed twice it would have been fine. There is no help or no one who seems to think that this is totally wrong on all counts and we will never trust Jetblue again. Waiting 6 hours in the airport was horrible. No food. Before that we were afraid to leave the area in case they called us to board, which they did do, but after standing on the jetway for 25 minutes they told us to go sit down again because the plane was not ready. Then just to add to the misery, our luggage was at Ont and was only available to be picked up between 9:00pm and eleven pm. We are old and can't drive at night and had no way to get it. This seems absolutely illegal for them to CHARGE us to change a ticket that was their fault for being late. They didn't even try to delay the departing flight for us, even tho there were others who came on our plane that were also stuck. Nor did they have any sense of taking blame for what was obviously their fault, instead blaming US for buying that ticket, the one that they gave our travel agent to sell to us, and then proceeding to twice change the time between flights, which we had no control over. Not to mention the cat that got loose in the plane after we finally took off! OR the trip flight that looked as though we were flying to Russia!
RoutePunta Cana to Ontario via Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2024

"$65 charge for a carry on"

Not Verified |   Never again will I fly JetBlue, booked on Expedia, didn’t mention anything about carry on item fees. Guess what we get when we get to the gate, a $65 charge for a carry on.. for that price I’ll pack an entire suit case worth of things instead of a carry on. Thanks for the heads up JetBlue. After an hour delay due to the jet not being on time then there was maintenance issues with the jet before boarding. All was was 5 minutes later so we boarded, get on board doors close, ready for push back, nope! Can’t close the cargo door, another maintenance delay. I highly discourage flying JetBlue.
RouteMinneapolis–Saint Paul to Boston
Date FlownMarch 2024

"not be flying this airline again"

Trip Verified | Boarding order is the oddest I have experienced on any airline. I had a seat towards the front but was one of the last groups to board so by the time I boarded I could only put my carry on approximately 10 rows behind me which meant I would have to wait for others to deplane before I could retrieve my luggage. While I struggled to find space in the overhead bins, I received no help from the flight attendants for some time before someone finally helped me. This flight was also delayed but I understand that can happen to any airline. The plane also just seems older than other airlines. There was no USB port with each economy seat and the controls seemed older. At least there is free wifi. There was also trash in the seat pocket at my seat which I found unappealing. With this experience, I will not be flying this airline again and would not recommend.
RouteOrlando to Los Angeles