Air India

"check-in process a disaster"

Trip Verified | London to Mumbai. The check-in process is a disaster, a member of staff was untrained and took to long to check me in. As soon as I was inside the airport, I've got a message mentioned that my flight was delayed for almost 3 hours, completely unacceptable.
RouteLondon to Mumbai

Air India customer review

Trip Verified | We were supposed to board the flight from Bangalore to Male at 1.50 pm on Feb 20th 2019. As I write this review time is 9.45 pm and we are still waiting for Cabin Crew. What a laughable reason. Staff and Air India team is irresponsible. This is terrible experience.
RouteHyderabad to Male via Bangalore

"audio input was broken"

Trip Verified | I flew on Feb 15 from Amritsar to New York via Delhi by Air India flight 101. my seat was 45H, audio input was broken and I can't hear anything. The 15 hours flight was so boring.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteAmritsar to New York via Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"staff were really caring and helpful"

Trip Verified | Agartala to Kolkata. I was traveling with my elder sister who is more than 70 years old. The airline staff were really caring and helpful in the entire process of check in, boarding, deboarding, and luggage collection. They took special care to arrange equipment so that my sister can easily reach her seat. Actually, she was not able to use stair to reach her seat.
RouteAgartala to Kolkata
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"leg space was sufficient"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Raipur via Jharsuguda. Although for Raipur it was an one-stop early morning flight, I selected for a very low cost. The flight was clean and leg space was sufficient. They served a puff and sandwich for short flights. However, the cons of the flight are all passengers traveling to Raipur need to deboard at Jharsuguda, did the security, and reboard. As the same aircraft is going to Raipur, the airline may reduce passengers' pain by checking the boarding pass within the flight or at least just at the outside of the aircraft.
AircraftATR 72
RouteKolkata to Raipur via Jharsuguda

"co-operative staff"

Trip Verified | On time departure, nice in flight entertainment. Good meal, drinks on board and co-operative staff. Slept for more than 5 hours out of 8 hrs of journey. I had flown Air India around 10 times mostly domestic.
RouteParis to Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Do not fly with this company"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Milan. Onboard screens not working for most passenger. Controls for cabin windows did not work (nobody could sleep) 1 hour delay for 1 trip 30 minutes delay for return trip. Food intoxication on first trip. Do not fly with this company.
RouteDelhi to Milan
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Bangalore. The only airline I would never fly with again. They were so rude and incompetent. It took long at security check for which we got late for 2 min. and at that time the crew who was scanning the boarding pass before aerobridge doesn't consider us and for which we requested a lot and the lady from CRPF told to have a word with captain but she denied and was giving a reason and after that she took the pcm and went to flight to handover to pilot. It was a worst experience with Air India and in future will never fly with this airline. Unprofessional Ground staff.
RouteMumbai to Bangalore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Such a disgraceful service"

Not Verified | Delhi to Sydney. Worst flight I've ever experienced. The seats were so uncomfortable. The food was mediocre and the entertainment system stopped working 6 hours into the 13 hour flight. No flight attendant was able to fix it. Such a disgraceful service. Never again would I fly Air India.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteDelhi to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"it was really a perfect flight"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Delhi. A perfect flight. This was the first domestic flight that I have taken with Air India. As I have not had a favorable experience on their international service, I was not expecting much. The flight took of on time with pleasant flight attendants. On this 1.5 hour flight, they served a delicous dinner with remarkable efficiency. Contrast that with 5 hour flights across North America where we only get pretzels! The flight landed 10 minutes. All in all, it was really a perfect flight as I had no negative issues at all. Everything was really as it should be. Well done Air India!
RouteMumbai to Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2019

"The worst flight experience"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Bombay via Bangalore. The worst flight experience. Both flights delayed. The baggage arrived super late and the second flight boarded us which is already late by 2 hours. Very irritated except for the extra baggage because of which we booked this flight nothing is even near to good. Please don't make a mistake of booking this airline specially for international trips!
RouteFrankfurt to Bombay via Bangalore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"gate staff and the cabin crew were uninterested"

Trip Verified | Was travelling for an interview from Mumbai to Delhi, the company had booked it because it was the cheapest morning flight. The check-in process was smooth at BOM - the first time I have been able to print a boarding pass at an airport while flying Air India. The gate staff and the cabin crew were uninterested, but not unpleasant either. The food was good South Indian fare. The flight left Mumbai and arrived at Delhi on time. Was pretty uneventful, and was fairly inexpensive, considering that it was bought at the last monent.
RouteMumbai to Delhi

"a terrible airline"

Trip Verified | London to Delhi. Air India is a terrible airline. They lost my luggage first which was recovered after a week. Then the airline suggested me to go pick my luggage from Amritsar airport and was promised that i will get paid the cab fare. When i reached there the official there told me different story that we cant pay you then I called delhi airport and told my side of story and they gave me one email id and asked me to email there and promised me to solve my problem quickly. Its been more than a month they have stopped picking my calls and nit even responding to my emails.
RouteLondon to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | What a pathetic airline company! They announced that there was a massive delay of 6 hours just a couple of hours before I left for the flight and had no announcement other than a cryptic email that they sent. There were no instructions on the flight or at the airport, they did not provide lounge access. They offered me snacks in return for the 6 hour delay. I'd never recommend this airline. I'd requested a special meal and they did not even provide it adding insult to injury. The air hostess said she would look into it and get back and never did.
RouteBangalore to San Francisco via Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"company and staff are joke"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Cochin via Delhi. Overall this company and staff are joke. My flight from Toronto was 11 hours delayed. Then the next flight which I was supposed to be on apparently was full. Waited for 19 hours at a hotel full of roaches. The next connection flight after 19 hours delay (6 hours wait was expected) then was further delayed for 2 more hours. The staff says its totally normal. They promises a lot to avoid you from counter when they dont have an answer. 0/5 rating.
RouteToronto to Cochin via Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

" experience was terrible"

Trip Verified | Sydney to New Delhi. The flight experience was terrible. Staff was not friendly and was very rude. Service was not good at all.food was terribleIt was a very bad and horrible experience of our lives.
RouteSydney to New Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"his seat was falling apart"

Trip Verified | London to Mumbai. My seat was rather old, as this was an older 777, and the wear and tear was evident. The tray table was rather dirty, and I had pointed this out to the flight attendant. She did so promptly. The guy behind me was very upset, as he said that his seat was falling apart. They moved him to another seat. The food was good. However, I am concerned about the state of the aircraft. Also, I am disappointed that the crew did not control the passengers when it was time to disembark. The aircraft was not even at the gate, yet passengers were all up and opening the overhead bins. Not a pretty sight!
AircraftBoing 777
RouteLondon to Mumbai

"treated us very poorly"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Vienna via Delhi. Air India was by far one of the worst airlines, I flew with. It was a more or less cheap flight, so the food and drinks were ok, though the breakfast was not edible in my opinion (some sort of croissant with cream cheese and ketchup?). The staff was very unfriendly. When you asked for something, like a glass of water or some help with the screen in front of you, which didn't work at all, or froze in the middle of a film, they helped unwillingly. During the return flight to Delhi, we had 2 hours delay, we said to the staff before boarding that we had a transfer flight to Vienna and we couldn't miss it. They said, that they would take care of it, but they didn't! So in total 12 people missed the transfer flight and had to wait 24 hours in the Delhi airport until the next flight. They provided dinner and breakfast at one specific restaurant, but didn't organize any accommodations, nor did they give us any care products or blankets to sleep (let me tell you, it's very cold and loud in the Delhi airport). I don't recommend this airline, they treated us very poorly and we didn't get any compensation for the LONG wait.
RouteColombo to Vienna via Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"had a very good flight"

Not Verified | My family had a very good flight from Melbourne to Delhi. Being in business class helped. The check in and boarding was fine. Surprise to receive a very good amenities kit and PJ’s. The aircraft was clean as were the toilets. Seating was excellent. However the service and food (Breakfast, lunch and a snack) was not up to the standard of QF,SQ & CX. Once the meal service was finished didn’t see the hostess. Limited choice of movies but nowadays most have their own downloaded on tablets. Overall it was acceptable and looking forward to our return flight.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I have not received my luggage"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Hyderabad. I have not received my luggage after 1 day and no one is even replying on the baggage enquiry numbers. Is this the way government airlines work. I will never take this airline moving forward. Also, this seems to be my biggest mistake.
RouteMumbai to Hyderabad