Air India

"a wonderful experience"

Trip Verified | It was a short one hour flight and despite having not web checked in the check in officials were prompt to help me with the kiosk machine as I didnt know how to use them. One of the most impressive thing about Air India is their 25Kg Luggage allowance. The flight was on time and landed before scheduled arrival time though there was no meal service, the crew distributed water bottles and Safety kits. The IFE was working well but due to short course of flight I just had the flight tracker on. Overall a wonderful experience.
RouteLucknow to Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"unprofessional and rude customer service"

Not Verified | I contacted Air India for ticket cancellation. They cancelled the ticket and confirmed that I will receive the refund. I booked the ticket through an agency, but they asked me to contact Air India directly because they said they don't have the cancellation option from their side. I cancelled the ticket in April 2021 and waited till Oct 2021 for my refund. I called them at least 10 to 15 times within this 4-5 months period. Every time, they say it is in process or they have initiated the refund. Finally, on 14th Oct. 2021, I called them again and requested the status. The lady, who picked my call first was so impatient and she forwarded my call to some other department and didn't even wait for me to finish what I was trying to say. The next customer service assistant told me they don't have some number required from the booking agency. Then I asked her why you guys did not tell me this all these days (I must have called them at least 10-15 times, every 2 weeks I used to call). I requested her to connect me to the Manager/Supervisor. She immediately disconnected the call. I'm an Indian, but I will try my level best to avoid Air India. If you are fine dealing with unprofessional and rude customer service, go ahead and book your ticket.
RouteKochi to Toronto via Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"it has not been refunded"

Not Verified | Never ever book through air India. I booked the ticket from Delhi to Goa on August 2021 and due to some circumstances I have cancelled my ticket before 15 days. But I tried to contact customer service to refund my ticket amount but till date it has not been refunded. I’m trying call them again and again to collect my refundable amount but they never bother about the customer service.
RouteDelhi to Goa
Date FlownAugust 2021

"he made sure I was all okay"

Trip Verified | On 08/10/2021 I had a flight on AirIndia from Mumbai to Hyderabad Before the beginning of the flight itself I was feeling tired hyperventilating and was sick. The air steward came to help and assisted me cleaning up. He offered me and the nearby passenger change in seats. Throughout the journey this steward gave me company whilst doing his duties. He made me drink water every half an hour and offered me biscuits. At the end of the trip he made sure I was all okay.
RouteMumbai to Hyderabad
Date FlownOctober 2021

"most terrible experience ever"

Trip Verified | One of the worst flight ever with the worst ever staff. We booked an air india flight to Goa, but the flight was horrible so was the ground staff as well as the people sitting at the reception. There was an 11 month baby with us. At the time of check in we requested the ground staff to provide a better seat to at least the baby and the mother if not anyone else. But they did not cooperate. The air India website is so so poor. This is the first airline in which there was no choice of choosing a seat during web check in. I have traveled so many times before, each airline gives you a chance to choose the seats but that wasn't the case with this airline. Rather we got the last seat of the airline i.e., the seat near the washroom. It was smelling so bad and there was no one to listen to us. Again while coming back from GOA the same thing happened. The same seats were allotted. I called on their customer care and for like 25 minutes no one picked up the call. After 25 mins one of the customer care executive picked up the call and she was so rude. She said i am transferring the call but nothing happened after that I tried calling them again and then there was no response from their side. While calling the Air India customer care even if u are in a queue, your wait time and queue position keeps on increasing instead of coming down. The staff was highly rude and no cooperative and it was a terrible experience. The mother with the infant wasnt given any preference for the seat even after requesting them. It was one of the most terrible experience ever.
RouteDelhi to Goa

"It was a nightmare"

Not Verified | I had connecting flight of air India from Amritsar to Delhi, from Delhi i had international flight to Vancouver. Air India was delayed by 2 hours. Then they said flight is delayed by another 3 hours. Later they said flight is cancelled, there was no bad weather or any adverse conditions. Because of them my connecting flight got missed. I was traveling with my wife, 2 years old girl and 1 year boy. Whole night we had to spend on airport. No accommodation, food, or refund provided. Had to purchase 4 new tickets. Staff at Delhi airport was so rude. We were crying over there with kids, never felt that helpless in my life. It was a nightmare.
RouteDelhi to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Absolute nightmare"

Trip Verified | Absolute nightmare. boarding delayed for 15 hours due to technical difficulties and no option to cancel/reschedule flight. All they said is that they will take care of everyone. Now, that would be spending another night at the airport and wait time of 12 more hours for connecting flight to destination. Used to be a convenient direct airlines to India but this is such a pathetic and horrifying experience. I would never travel again with Air India. Senior citizens with might think it is convenient to travel directly from US to India but on the contrary it is an absolute nightmare.
RouteChicago to Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they said that boarding is closed."

Trip Verified | Air India is worst airline. They are just fetching money from its flyers. I reached at window 45mins prior to my flight departure. And they said that boarding is closed. And they cannot do anything with it, and we have to book a new ticket and have to pay full amount. We cancelled our plan to take next flight. But on schedule board it was showing same flight was on boarding stage till 15mins prior to departure. There were more people like us.
RouteDelhi to Chennai
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"assigned my seat to someone else"

Trip Verified | Despite having paid extra for a specific seat when I booked the ticked, Air India staff assigned my seat to someone else after I had checked in for the flight. My boarding pass was already printed and given to me with the seat I had chosen at booking, but Air India staff subsequently assigned my seat to someone else. On the plane, when I raised the issue, the cabin crew and counter staff failed to rectify the situation. They then moved me to a demonstrably worse seat, one without a TV, which all other passengers had. Mind you, this was for a 15-hour flight. I understand that people sometimes need to have their seats shifted, but surely there were others on the plane who hadn't paid for their seats, so their seats should be changed, not those of us who paid for our seating. In addition, it's outrageous that Air India would give my seat to someone else after I checked in and had the my boarding pass with my proper seat number printed on it.
RouteDelhi to San Francisco

"there was no hygiene"

Trip Verified | We flew from Newark to Delhi airport. The service provided on the flight was the worst. No blanket, no pillow, no coffee/tea nothing. As per air hostess, the flight was under COVID-restriction travel, so nothing to be provided to the passengers. I don't understand then why they are charging more from us, if you don't want to provide us with all amenities. If this was a COVID flight, we expect some cleanliness but there was no hygiene. The air hostesses were so rude sometimes. They didn't allow us to use some restrooms because of their safety concerns. Really! As we are traveling, this doesn't mean that we have COVID. We all sat on that flight with a negative COVID test, at least give us some respect. I will never recommend.
RouteNewark to Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2021

"How can this airline treat passengers so casually?"

Not Verified | Never book any flight with this airline as they have extremely poor service, pathetic staff, worst customer service and unprofessional behaviour. They treat passengers as if they are traveling on a free ride with the airline and have no plans to reach the destination. There is no acknowledgement about the delays and no support for refund or reschedule. The refund takes more than 6 months sometimes! My Luggage was damaged and Company ID was lost while returning from Udaipur to Mumbai. How can this airline treat passengers so casually?
RouteMumbai to Udaipur
Date FlownAugust 2021

"amount is not refundable"

Trip Verified | Air India Customer Service is unprofessional and customer service numbers are down all the time. No update given on their website or info to travel agents. I was suppose to cancel my flight to Tirupati but as there customer care lines are down, I had to call them back next day of my booking. Since I did not reach out to them 24 hours after the ticket was booked, the amount is not refundable. Stop booking Air India rather Indigo really helped me with regard to full refund.
RouteTirupati to Hyderabad
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not refunding the money"

Trip Verified | We had booked the tickets online, and we could easy book the tickets on the Air India Website and also got the email confirmation immediately. Even now it shows that the status as confirmed. We went to the airport with all the luggage and all and we came to know that Air India flights are not been flying since more than a month now. So now why are we allowed to book the tickets when the flights are not flying at all. Secondly the systems at Air India Customer care are not at all updated and they have no idea or update of the current status of the flights. We would have called at least 10 times and every time they mentioned flight is confirmed and later after several transfer to escalation team and all we get to know that flights are not flying. Now at maharaja we got the update that the flight is not flying, however it is a scam and trying to fool people as till yesterday in maharaja It was showing out name and details for the particular flight but today is says it is cancelled. Are the website and customer care people not aware of the current status or are they doing it knowingly to collect money from people and not refund it.Its a big scam going on that too when Indian government is involved. Now when we call for refund we are directed to several teams on the call on long waits and no one is able to give a proper solution. Not sure if we will ever get the money back. Really frustrated, along with that we also did the RTPCR test which cost around 600$ for 3 of us. we had given several calls before going for the test just to be sure and conformed and the Customer care guys mentioned it is confirmed. At the Airport we met 4 other families who had booked on the same flight on same date and were facing the same issue. I am sure Air India is earning a lot from these false booking and not refunding the money. People be aware before you choose Air India. I know these writing and comments doesn't effect Air India however just for the knowledge and awareness for people to be cautious and not suffer.
RouteToronto to Bhubaneswar via Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2020

"good for nothing customer support"

Trip Verified | They will take your money and you will never see it again, even if you do your due diligence and cancel within 24 hours, even if you call them every other day for 2 month, wait on hold for hours, write 20 emails and create 5 escalated cases with their sub standard, rude and good for nothing customer support agents. All of the above happened to me. I booked a business class ticket and tried to cancel online but the system was down so I called to cancel within 24 hours. But the customer support agent casually said, and I quote "please call back later. The system is undergoing maintenance and I cannot cancel at this time". That was my first red flag. What kind of an agent cannot cancel even if the user cannot cancel? So I left an email asking them to cancel within 24 hours. I called several times after that and I got the same response: I'd have to pay the $200 cancellation charge because the 24 hours has passed. Otherwise, they said its wise to hold off on cancelling until my escalated case would be reviewed by someone at a higher level. That the customer agents do not have access to emails because they just dont and only the backend team can see my emails That I'd get a response within 24 to 48 hours (but didnt). Even if I did, it was always automated or tightly scripted (was I ever talking to a human?). Exhausted with the constant back and forth and going nowhere for 1 month but before my flight date, I called them to cancel my booking, agreeing to pay the $200. I was promised that my escalated case would be seen to and I'd get back my $200 fee but it never was. I left them multiple requests in email, on their feedback form but talking to these people is like talking to a wall.
RouteNewark to Kolkata via delhi
Date FlownMay 2021

"significant delay in refunding money"

Trip Verified | I cancelled my Air India tickets in April 2021, I have not fully refunded my money back yet. I have called and e-mailed several time, no response from anybody at all. There is significant delay in refunding money, the same is happing to my friends with Air India. Some of my friends still waiting for refunds for more than a six months. Nobody from Air India is accountable for this poor service. Very pathetic customer service. Decided not ever plan to use in the future this air lines again.
RouteToronto to Delhi via Hyderabad
Date FlownApril 2021

"Is this airline out of their minds?"

Trip Verified | My son who is a minor was booked on a non-stop flight Dubai to Bengaluru. Suddenly I receive this message saying flight is re-scheduled Dubai-Delhi-Bengaluru, where he needs to waste 12 hours of precious time at Delhi airport to take the Bengaluru flight and now I get another message saying he has to fly Dubai-Delhi-Cochin-Bengaluru. Is this airline out of their minds? Especially during Covid time instead of operating direct flights re-scheduling via via. What nonsense is this I do not understand. Never take this flights.
RouteDubai to Delhi via Bengaluru
Date FlownJune 2021

"their services are so pathetic"

Trip Verified | They cancelled flight last year in April 2020 due to lockdown, since then we are chasing for your refund and till date I am sending emails, writing them on twitter but their services are so pathetic, they have no system or SOPs to handle issues related to refund. If you check their Twitter Account everyday people are asking for refund but they give pre scripted typical answers to everyone. There is a scam it seems, many customers have given up, their hard earned money been eaten up by Air India.
RouteDelhi to Bagdogra
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Air India just doesn't care"

Trip Verified | The bad experience starts as soon as you enter the Airport at the check in desk. No availability of online-check in, no line management for different types of check in (at the counter, online). After 45 minutes of standing in the queue, as there were not enough Staff for the number of passengers checking in, boarding began with the boarding pass being checked minimum 4 times (could never understand why this happens on Indian domestic and International flights only). No inflight entertainment, seats were broken. Food was the only plus which made the journey bearable. Overall- very disappointed, and it seemed from their lacklustre service that Air India just doesn't care. No improvement during the return leg of the journey from Del-Fra. They capitalised on the Passengers vulnerabilty during the Holidays by putting in service the old-worst serviced planes. PS: the prices were 1,5 times the normal prices.
RouteFrankfurt to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2020

"seats are not comfortable"

Trip Verified | Very poor food, flight is very dirty and seats are not comfortable and even found a panel laying side to the seat. Entertainment system barely works and don't have any options so it is better not to work. They don't do any sort of maintenance inside the flight.
RouteCochin to Chicago via Delhi
Date FlownApril 2021

"Don’t ever use Air India"

Trip Verified | While booking LHR-COK with return it will show up connecting via Bombay, Delhi or Bangalore with long waiting to COK, but return will be direct from COK-LHR. We all book as at least we can have a nonstop flight from COK. But they will cancel the flight 4 or 5 days before your return journey. Then will end up with finding another airline with huge amount of fare. Partial refund from Air India will take 9 months and the maximum partial refund will be £150 per ticket. Don’t ever use Air India.
RouteLondon to Kochi