British Airways

British Airways customer review

Club Europe - supposedly premium - had the misfortune of seat 1f - normally a great seat in Club Europe - but for a 4 hour flight LGW to ACE - cramped (not quite as bad as the rest of CE with new - not advertised - 30 inch rather than 34 inch seat pitch) - no window just a wall. Add to this limited luggage space think its EasyJet with middle seat free for £600 more. Is it worth it - no thinking avoid BA CE offering - shame I've a few flights to suffer yet. Purser - "this is it now - get used to it" - service downhill too.

British Airways customer review

We travelled to and from Europe in business class for a two week Mediterranean cruise. We upgraded to business for the added benefit of sleep. My first impression is that the fleet is tired and not very well kept. The seats were uncomfortable the cabin was dirty and staff were surly. The food as expected on any airplane was adequate though nothing to brag about (take advantage of the scones and clotted cream - their only saving grace). Upon our return we awaited in London Heathrow Terminal 5 for them to put the gate on our flight. It finally appeared 20 minutes before the flight where it showed we were in satellite C - it took us over 15 minutes to get there to have the gate agent tell us we should have been there earlier. She did upgrade us so we thought at least that was a perk. Well I am here to tell all - don't pay the money. There is little to no difference in first class. The seats are just as uncomfortable the food was the same and I still felt like a second class citizen. This time I think it was because were an upgrade so we were always served last and with little selection/choice. To tell you the truth if I had paid for this upgrade I would have been upset as I don't believe this is up to par. We also did a connector flight from Venice to London on the Saturday. The airport was a disaster (3 cruise ships all flying out the same time) no organization from the agents and very little help. When we got on the other side of the check in the multi-million dollar duty free area was amazing but really they should have taken some of the money to deal with the check in area. Upon moving through security we were kept in the dungeon area of the airport to wait with tepid air conditioning while our flight was delayed with no explanation. When we were finally boarded we were told by the captain that the delay was due to thunderstorms and we were still going to have to wait. The last part is not fully BA's fault (they don't design the airports or determine airspace closure) however their agents did nothing to make it better either (by having people out to direct traffic or give us updates). All in all I don't believe I will ever fly BA again - this is unfortunate because they used to set the standard - now they are barely sweeping up the floor (wish they had - at least it may have been cleaner).

British Airways customer review

Flew LHR-CPT-LHR as British Airways is only carrier flying direct London to Cape Town. Outward flight due to leave 21.30 delayed by nearly 3 hours and the communication at the departure lounge was abysmal lots of unhappy passengers at the lack of information being given out. Fell asleep when finally got on board only to be woken an hour later to be given my "special meal" which I hadn't requested. Told stewardess it was not for me and she rather huffily took it away. When the trolley came round with the regular meals i was not offered one - this suited me as I don't relish eating at 1 o'clock in the morning but thought it rather petty of them to ignore me. Return flight was on time but had passenger from hell next to me who was too large for the very narrow economy seats so I spent the night sitting at an angle as it was impossible to sit straight with Mrs Large spilling over onto my seat. Well done to the stewardess who put up with her obnoxious behaviour with a long suffering smile.

British Airways customer review

London Gatwick to Orlando. No surprises to guess that as our original flight to Tampa was cancelled this is not a good review. Due to a technical problem with our plane our flight was cancelled. After finding out from other passengers in the terminal that our flight was cancelled we were marched back through the airport to queue for our luggage to queue to go back through immigration to queue for our details to be entered onto the BA system for an unexplained reason. What an insult to have to stand in line 3 times for over 3 hours. No extra staff no positive explanations no apologies no customer service only a lie of a promise of a special flight the following day to our original destination (which did not happen) and some inadequate vouchers for food and drinks. After accepting that our flight was cancelled and then accepting the fact we would be travelling the following day BA then just drop an email to all passengers to advise them what arrangements had really been made. Our first arrangement was a flight 24 hours after our original departure time from Heathrow to Charlotte to Tampa. We did not book our direct flight by accident why on earth we would we accept a flight with a stop over. I declined this arrangement for a flight instead to Orlando. A longer busier flight a bigger busier more time consuming airport a 3 hour drive from our holiday destination. We arrived 32 hours later than our original arrival time and therefore lost a day and a half of our holiday. To add further insult on our return flight the extra leg room seats we paid £100 for not allocated to us! Uncomfortable claustrophobic seating cheap microwave style food cheap wine unacceptable and a waste of money.

British Airways customer review

BKK to LHR in club world 777-200 seat 3E and 3F on June 12th. We fly BA a lot and the service can be a bit hit and miss but this flight has been our best flight ever with BA great food and plenty of it nice choice of wine well stocked club kitchen for snacks but it was the crew that made this flight outstanding - from the start a real credit to BA.

British Airways customer review

Recently travelled LHR to San Francisco and returned via Las Vegas flight BA0264. Some years since doing long haul and forget how tiring it can be. Flight out was 'ok' but return not so. Outbound spoilt by an hour or so delay when boarded as they decided to change one of the wheels glad they did though. Return yesterday not so good as flight again delayed by about one and a half hours but no real explanation. I realise people want to sleep but they can be so inconsiderate at times. No sooner in their seats and fully reclined. Meal was just adequate curried chicken but breakfast of a very hard croissant with jam a nutty bar some dried cranberries and coffee was not what I really wanted after a delayed 9 hour flight. Entertainment had good choices but sound quality was poor. Boarding process in Las Vegas was rather shambolic. Will still try and 'fly the flag' again.

British Airways customer review

LHR-Belfast-LHR over a weekend. Ground staff and flight attendants very professional and friendly. Excellent announcements from the cockpit due to weather related delay outbound. Seats on board A319 very comfortable. Why save a penny by eliminating napkins with beverages? Very cheap indeed. The 55 minute flight both ways went quickly. Generous with drinks and the snacks were satisfactory (try the low cost competitors). BA is ideal for short haul flights within the UK and to/from continental Europe.

British Airways customer review

I flew LHR-YVR outwards 20th May 2014 on 747. The cabin newly fitted and no problems on return leg 10th June 2014 we were greeted with old style fittings. The whole cabin was very shabby and the seats were damaged and the TV set was unwatchable as the picture was so dark. Even the staff apologised for the state of the cabin and seats so if it is so bad why do BA sell these seats. I would be unlikely to book 1st class again with BA unless they would guarantee that the plane would have the updated seats and cabin.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

British Airways customer review

LGW - Paphos 4th June. Check in and fast track security was very easy and we were airside within 5 minutes. As we were flying at 2.45 we decided to have some lunch in the lounge. The lounge was busy but there was still plenty of space to relax. The food options were poor to say the least with soup sandwiches or ham salad being the only items on offer. My wife who is a vegetarian was not impressed as she had to make do with an egg mayonnaise sandwich. Having been told when we checked in that the flight was 'bang on time' the screen informed us at 2.05 that we should proceed to gate 101. After a 10 minute stroll we arrived at the gate to be told there was a delay to the flight. Why on earth this information could not have been passed through to the lounge is a mystery. No pre flight drinks were offered and we eventually took off about an hour late. Pre lunch drinks were served after 40 minutes and then lunch about 30 minutes after that. The crew were very nice but rather stressed and mentioned that the plane (737-400) should not have been used on this route. My wife had pre ordered a veggie meal that was not loaded on the plane but the very nice but stressed FA said she could have hers. It was a nice gesture but my wife felt slightly guilty about taking it although she did and enjoyed her meal. I was told that there was only one option left for me and I could have Kedgeree or Kedgeree so that's what I had. It was OK but not particularly hot. Arrived at Paphos about 45 minutes late with our priority luggage being in the last 6 cases to arrive on the carousel. Overall the flight was just OK although if it had not been for the excellent cabin crew it would have been disappointing. My wife did receive an email from BA within 2 days of our arrival saying they had let her down with the non arrival of her pre ordered food on this flight and apologised which is fare enough.

British Airways customer review

Business class from Shanghai to London. It was the worst business class. Staff give the impression that they are above service and I did not feel that they were courteous or polite. On one occasion I asked for a glass of champagne and never got one on another occasion when I dropped my fork for the meal and buzzed for another one no one came when I tried to grab the attention of the staff member walking past he said sorry sir I'll be right with you and never came. Eventually I just went to the back and grabbed one. I would never fly BA again for the money you pay you can get much better business class and value from other airlines.

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG). Since 2016 British Airways has been implementing cost-cutting across many parts of the customer product, with the 4-Star Airline rating held by BA for many years under review.

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL