British Airways

British Airways customer review

London Gatwick to Bridgetown on Avios companion ticket. Flight left and arrived on time. Surprisingly good choice and quality of food and wine. Entertainment system somewhat limited in choice. Cabin crew were pretty poor. Generally slow particularly in responding to the call button.

(Spain)

LHR-PEK-LHR. We travel BA club world often and my overall impression is very good. Yes sometimes the attitude of the staff can be not up to expectations or the food not comparable with some of the Asian airlines but the price you pay for a business class seat with BA is unbeatable. And for me a flat bed on an overnight flight is what matters the most. Contrary to general recommendations when I travel with a companion I prefer the middle seats on the main deck and not the upper deck because by using the screen you can have your own little intimate cabin. And if the flight is not full is so much better than the claustrophobic upper deck. Strongly recommended for a discounted ticket.

(Thailand)

London - BKK Premium economy 19/6/14. I always travel EVA Air business but this time I had to get into BKK early having been told by many that BA Business is at best rubbish I decided to save some cash and go P/Economy seat no: 14A remarks on flight seating at best ok service seemed tired but the real downer was the food the plane was nowhere near full but by the time they got to me most of the food had gone and I was left with some sort of pasta dish - totally inedible. I must admit I didn't put anything near my mouth just pressed one of the pasta flutes - cold dry and hard. I was given a pat of butter type stuff alas nothing to spread it on bread wise maybe it was put there to grease the runners on the seat. Drinks G&T were served once choice of coffee or tea with second course at least I did get first pick had tea a very hard type of cake thing egg sausage mushroom was the so called dish - again poor. The only redeeming factors were I didn't go business class as the seats dated back to the eighties in a 2/4/2 configuration unlike EVA 1/2/1 lie flat and we arrived 20 minutes early.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

British Airways customer review

Having taken several domestic flights to London Heathrow and back to Newcastle I can understand why BA have recently announced extra flights on this route. All flights full yet all credit to cabin crews who managed to supply a full trolley service. Flight and cabin crews all to a high standard of service with plenty of meaningful announcements. Can't praise enough.

British Airways customer review

Have flown with BA several times over past few years mostly economy class on holiday through travel agents. Aircraft's vary from a bit shabby with little space to sometimes a bit bigger and newer with a bit more space. Staff always efficient and polite. The one main flaw is the snack food offering - those awful wraps which are like uncooked cold cardboard. We don't need a 3 course hot meal but eg a granary bread sandwich [with a veggie filling for us] would be preferable to the dreaded wraps which we do not eat which seems such a waste.

British Airways customer review

LHR to VIE BA 704 23 June 2014. The meal service in Euro Traveller is appalling as are the customer service standards of the New Mixed Fleet Crew The food offering was inedible a choice of Flat Bread with Chicken Tikka or a Salad. Do British Airways not understand that not everyone likes Curry or spicy food. At least do an offering of Meat or Cheese Sandwiches to make the selection a little better in consideration of the fares passengers have paid. As for the cabin crew this new Mixed Fleet with their Thunderbird Hats are very inferior compared to the cabin crew on the old contracts. At least experienced cabin crew would sort something out in the galley to at least compensate for the lack of food choice even if it is cheese and crackers. This crew do not offer anything and were nowhere to be seen once they did their meal service. I would have expected for a two hour flight they would at least walk through the cabin a few times offering more drinks etc the only time they came out was to clear away the meals which many people around me had left and not touched and to do the Duty Free. I fly British Airways every week and this is the worst crew I have known. I think the Mixed Fleet Crew are appalling in their customer service standards they can certainly learn a lot from their more experiences colleagues who are on the old contracts so come on BA start to bring back the high standards again the new Mixed Fleet Crew are letting you down very badly.

British Airways customer review

Flew from LHR to Hong Kong April 13th 2014 BA 25 and the flight took off 1 hour late. Therefore as I had an onwards connection to Jakarta with limited time to get my connection I asked on board about help with getting my onwards boarding card to Jakarta as BA in Belfast refused to issue me a boarding card. The CSD was not seen nor did he even come to speak with me even though I am GGL member. The only help I got was from one of the Hong Kong based air stewardesses who went out of her to help me. Without her help I would have missed my onwards to Jakarta. Certainly not impressed by the service. I made a follow up compliant however never received any response.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

British Airways customer review

I flew from Edinburgh to Heathrow and then on to JFK and returned from Las Vegas. The flights in the UK were fine but the flight to JFK and from Vegas to Heathrow were terrible the seats were narrow and the food was disgusting both ways.

British Airways customer review

Flight BA 202 Boston to Heathrow. Aircraft B747 version 1. We were seated in PE. The cabin was quiet and not full so we had plenty of room. The cabin crew were very attentive and spoke to all the passengers in our cabin. Service after take off was very quick and professional the food was very good and not hurried giving us 3.5 hours to sleep. The seats were very comfortable and the extra space was appreciated. My only complaint is my TV monitor was faulty and had a black line down the screen. It was not an issue as I was planning to sleep rather than watch a movie. The cabin was quieter than economy as it was at the front of the plane and I had a good 3 hours sleep. The Flight attendants were offering drinks throughout the flight which was good. The breakfast was a croissant in a box which I found a bit of a disappointment. Overall I would fly BA Premium Economy again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

British Airways customer review

We travelled Cancun to LGW in business class. To the point I didn't think the experience was as good as Virgin and Emirates who I normally use. Airport staff were helpful although I was surprised there was no lounge access at all ( we got 2x USD 22 vouchers for the restaurants in the airport). Cabin crew were not particularly attentive or helpful. Dinner and wine/drinks were nice although cabin crew had to be prompted to serve drinks again after dinner. Seat and space was ok although functionality on seat not as good as Emirates or Cathay. My friend had no direct access to aisle and had to jump over another passenger's legs. Breakfast was sub standard.

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG). Since 2016 British Airways has been implementing cost-cutting across many parts of the customer product, with the 4-Star Airline rating held by BA for many years under review.

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL