British Airways

"Overall a good flight"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Faro. Pretty good flight all round, and as ticket was bought in sale with car hire as well, it worked out good value. Check in area at south terminal is very nice and I was checked in very quickly, with fast track security equally quick. The new BA lounge is really well decorated and laid out with lots of nice and varied seating, interesting light fixtures and good views of the tarmac. It was early morning and breakfast was served, which was reasonably good. Although the hot options were just bacon roll, omelette roll or porridge which felt quite limited. Staff were all excellent. Boarding was quick, cabin crew friendly although no pre flight drink at all offered. This was an older aircraft with the old style seating, but the aircraft was clean and didn’t show much sign of age. The seats are comfortable enough, although legroom is not amazing. I was lucky enough to be in the front row so had more than most. The cooked breakfast was actually fairly good I think, nothing world shattering but decently cooked and fairly good quality ingredients. Disembarkation was quick enough, although bags took quite a while. Priority baggage didn’t seem to count for a lot, and annoyingly my priority bag tag had come off and ended up being one of the last bags. Overall a good flight.
RouteGatwick to Faro
Date FlownOctober 2017

"true case of rip-off BA"

Verified Review | London to Madrid in economy class. Late booking and quite an expensive ticket to fly from Heathrow. Online check in and no luggage to check in so airport process was okay. Boarding quite efficient. Cabin was dirty - carpets, table and windows all unpleasant and cannot believe a cleaner set foot from the earlier flight. Everything pay onboard if you want to eat or drink, choice okay in brochure but the speed for serving this was awful. Staff seemed to have real problems with all card payments, and became bad tempered towards those of us wanting to buy. I wouldn't have minded on a cheap ticket, but this was not a true case of rip-off BA in 2017. Will avoid if possible.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Madrid

"staff were insanely rude2

Verified Review | I was told on the Saturday that my hand luggage was fine (the right size) by BA staff at Geneva airport - it was physically inspected. Then, on Monday, I was ordered to pay £65 (83 Francs). Staff at the airport were insanely rude (to be honest, the supervisor particularly). Their customer service is also awful. It's a joke of an airline compared to competitors like Qatar. When filing a complaint, they did not respond for 3 weeks. They only responded when I chased them up, said waiting time is actually 4 weeks. Can you believe that? The explanation was their IT system failed in May 2017, an internal matter which they clearly still not resolved.
RouteGeneva to London
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"truly disappointed with BA"

(Cayman Islands)

Verified Review | Grand Cayman to London. I can't comprehend is why a flight that sums up to about 12 hours of travel across the Atlantic Ocean, only allows 1 check in free bag for economy class. Upon returning to GCM from LON on October 6, 2017, I had to pay £290 for additional baggage. Particularly for university students (such as myself) who migrate from such distances to achieve good education. In addition to the disgusting rates for additional baggage, has BA gotten so cheap that they no longer provide a complimentary travel toothbrush, toothpaste & eye mask for 12 hour flights? That was one of the things I appreciated most about BA as it made me feel valued. I am truly disappointed with BA these days and whenever the day comes that another airline travels directly to LON from GCM you guarantee I WILL abandon BA!
RouteGrand Cayman to London
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I tried BA, never again"

Verified Review | Sydney to Paris via London, after flying with them I have to admit it's probably the worst airline I have been flying. When I boarded the plane, I notice some ketchup on the window and wall next to my. I assume for long distance flight airlines should provide you a mask for you to sleep, ear plugs, maybe a small tube of toothpaste. Here you have some headphones and that's all. With British Airways, you can order some special meals. I received my first low callries meal as expected but they could not find the breakfast. One of the cabin crew asked me if I ordered a special meal. The plane looked quite old. I tried BA, never again.
RouteSydney to Paris via London

"like a 'posh' Ryanair"

Verified Review | Larnaca to London Heathrow, the return trip from our holiday. BAs product was more like a 'posh' Ryanair style of product even down to the asking for donations towards their charity. There were a few noticeable differences on the aircraft there was in-flight entertainment if you were in a seat where you could view the TV screen. On Ryanair, Easyjet and other low cost airlines you can pay using cash but no on BA it is card payment only in sterling. The aircraft was clean and tidy but overall the main BA product has gone downhill and the service standards have slipped. Comparing this flight to my recent flights from London City with BA Cityflyer, there is a vast standard in the cabin service standards.
RouteLarnaca to London Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2017

"provided a chaotic service"

Verified Review | Funchal to Gatwick. Due to adverse weather, our return flight was delayed three days. When we did fly, the cabin crew appeared totally unaware of the fact that the passengers had had a difficult and frustrating time. They were totally unsympathetic and provided a chaotic service throughout the flight. The catering service was absymal, no choice of hot meal; hardly a bar service and no tea/coffee - I suspect although the aircraft arrived empty from LGW, they hadn't fully loaded the food & drinks trolleys. In contrast to the outgoing flight, this was a flight to be endured - just shows what a difference the crew can make.
RouteFunchal to Gatwick

"would highly recommend"

Verified Review | Orlando to Gatwick. The staff that looked after us flying out to Florida and home were outstanding, on the way home the seating had been already arranged and my seat was separate from my two children, I was really worried about flying home away from my children, I spoke to the flight supervisor who kindly asked two passengers if they would switch seats which they were happy to do. The seats were very good and went back enough so you were able to get to sleep, the only thing we weren’t to happy with was the movies but I guess you can’t have everything. All in all I would book to fly with BA again and would highly recommend.
RouteOrlando to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"shocked me with the budget low cost style"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Flew Leeds Bradford to Geneva via London Heathrow. British Airways certainly shocked me with the budget low cost style. My bag was 23.1 kg (0.1kg over the limit). This meant I had to pay for two bags whilst only having one. When I asked to take one item out and put it in my carry on to avoid paying an extra £25 or so, the answer was no, which was odd considering the bag was on the belt right infront of me. On board the aircraft boarding was prompt, a clean sleek cabin. I was seated near the back close to the toilet, which wasn't a problem. Beverage service was okay, everything was over priced, I bought a ginger ale for £2 and it was a cup, which shocked me as it was advertised as a full size can. The only thing that was free on board was water, for an international service on quite an expensive ticket it was a little disappointing. The crew were friendly and helpful but I couldn't help but overhear the crews conversation in the galley on descent into Switzerland. What they were talking about was inappropriate, especially how loud they were talking with children nearby. Apart from those things the flight was on time, punctual and served the purpose which I paid for.
RouteLeeds Bradford to Geneva via London Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2017

"food was embarrassing bad"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Doha via London. Great staff, poor food and stupid cabin layout. I’m spoilt flying gulf airlines, but this time I tried a rear facing “internal” 4 of 345 configuration. Firstly, staring in the face of my two new best friends (seats facing forward) was at best weird, and at worst like a business class speed dating experience. Crew could barely serve me, ventilation was restricted and access 100% blocked by the foot rests of forward facing passengers. Once the security screens went up I felt like I was in some sort of flying crypt and was tempted to assume brace position to give the impression I had died and was on a viewing. The food was embarrassing bad - bigger serves of economy style food in bigger economy style bowls. BA, you have great crew trying to do their best with silly cabin engineering and poor catering support.
RouteLos Angeles to Doha via London

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG). Since 2016 British Airways has been implementing cost-cutting across many parts of the customer product, with the 4-Star Airline rating held by BA for many years under review.

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL