British Airways

British Airways customer review

We travelled economy from Manchester to Toronto via Heathrow The flight from Manchester to Heathrow and return was very good. The seats had plenty of room and it was easy to fit laptop size briefcases under the seat in front and still have room to stretch your legs. The service from the cabin crew was excellent. The leg from Heathrow to Toronto was not as comfortable but it was acceptable. The seats appeared narrower and my case only just fit under the seat leaving little room to stretch my legs. Whilst the cabin crew forgot requests for drinks they apologised and were very friendly and helpful in other aspects. Unfortunately BA were let down by the attendants on the return leg from Toronto to Heathrow. Whilst the aircraft appeared newer and more comfortable I have never experienced such surly behaviour from the cabin crew. We had seen attendants in the opposite aisle offering passengers water from trays they were carrying but the attendants down our aisle did not do this. The lady in the seat next to me asked for a glass of water before take off. The steward was quite off hand and said he would bring her one in a minute. He did not do this and when she asked again she was told in a very rude manner that take off procedures took priority otherwise non of us were going anywhere. Even after take off she had to ask again. When they served dinner my daughter did not want a meal but she asked if she could just have the bottle of water that was served with it. The steward said that if she did not want the meal she could not have the water but that he would bring her some in a glass later. This had not appeared by the time I had finished eating my meal so I gave her the bottle from mine (My daughter has a medical condition that requires her to drink water frequently throughout the day) Shortly before landing we were served a muffin and a drink. The passengers on the other aisle were served about 15 mins earlier and they were handed paper napkins and cutlery whilst when we were served we were simply handed the muffin wrapped in cellophane but no plate or napkin to catch the crumbs. I asked for a glass of orange and a tea (as I had not drunk anything on the 6 hour flight). The attendant scowled at me and then gave me half a glass of orange and half a cup of tea (which was cold|) I did not see the attendants down our aisle smile at a customer once throughout the whole journey.

British Airways customer review

Flight LGW to TFS in Business. Like another reviewer found the new business cabin to be 'sardine class'. Seats now thin and uncomfortable especially for a four hour short-haul narrower and with materially less leg-room than before the same as economy. Now it is not possible to read a newspaper without turning at an angle to the middle seat and is impossible to work at a laptop as there is simply not enough room. One wants to like and use BA but this really is hit wicket in the club cabin. Unusually in my experience one of the FAs was rather disinterested in providing the usual club service too.

British Airways customer review

Flew LGW - MCO 26th October. Was a bit worried about BA after a lot of mixed reviews. Found the whole experience great. We were travelling with a 4 month old and the crew were faultless. So helpful and caring as they could tell we were nervous about disturbing other club world passengers. Food good - fresh and tasty. Entertainment not really used due to entertaining daughter! Left and arrived on time - BA lounge Gatwick fine but thought was a bit small. Bought 2 return flights and baby seat for under £3k in BA sale so good on cost. Well done BA and thank you.

British Airways customer review

Took BA flight 289 from LHR to PHX 10/27/2014. Very tired 747 with daily service to PHX. Entertainment system wasn't functioning. Only offer was to move to one row from toilets and a complaint card to fill out. Staff just going through the motions. No more BA for me and changing terminals is a nightmare in LHR and will avoid all costs.

British Airways customer review

Went to BKK via Heathrow on 26th October. Was all excited to be flying back to Thailand. I know direct flights are better but longer but thought flying with the UK flag carrier I was going to get a good flight. Well to be honest I was disappointed - I was at least expecting to be able to charge a phone onboard only to be told only in business class. Most other airlines have this facility in economy. No menus for food and 2 options and same with breakfast. Drinks were limited to soft and only wine and beer. Inflight entertainment was poor at best and was bored witless with films I have seen before or had no interest in. Even the documentaries were all BBC which were ok. Music was equally lacklustre and limited. Only saving grace was the seat I was in and that was the only positive aspect despite the fact there was a baby crying most of the time. Sorry BA. I was expecting a good experience but felt let down and disappointed.

British Airways customer review

Gatwick to Marrakech and back. Bag drop was fast gate was peaceful boarding on time and orderly all staff very pleasant refreshments good and landed on time. Return almost identical just a little late landing after a technical delay taking off. Well worth paying for a quality airline for a 3 hour flight.

British Airways customer review

LAX to LHR - 25 Oct 2014. I agree with other reviewers that Business Class on the A380 is too crowded. I am a frequent business traveller to LAX and if I had the choice I would rather be on the upper deck of the 747. The seats and small storage drawer (if you are on the aisle) feel cheap. Service levels seem to be dropping in terms of drinks before dinner (1 instead of 2) and no attention to top up during the meal. My main course of fish was inedible due to being overcooked. The staff seem grumpy about the smaller galley size (can't blame them). We flew First on the outbound to LAX which of course was better although the cabin feels quite sterile. Considering switching to Virgin.

British Airways customer review

Toronto to London Heathrow - 26/10/14. After reading how the 747's are really starting to show their age I opted to fly this return route on board the new 787 that BA has to offer. The outbound flight in economy a week earlier had been great food and entertainment was good staff very pleasant but it was a bit of a tight squeeze in the seats I think a 2-3-2 configuration would work a bit better. I arrived at Pearson Airport Terminal 3 booked to return to London in World Traveller Plus. Visited the Premium Plaza Lounge nice and comfy but nothing special. Boarding was really rather chaotic but I was delighted to be upgraded to Business Class at the gate! Seat 3F was a good aisle seat very comfortable spacious plenty of storage space and close to the toilets which I find more useful than bothersome there was never any queue to use them that could've disturbed me. Cabin crew were superb and attentive always addressing by name and happy to help with any queries and requests. The drinks service and the quality of the food was excellent beef tenderloin followed by lemon tart and well presented. Whilst I generally struggle to sleep on flights I found the flat bed very comfortable indeed especially with the mood lighting on this night flight. Breakfast a fruit salad and selection of pastries was again very pleasant to start the morning. On time departure and arrival from Gate C66 at T5 through border control and luggage collected took just 25 minutes. Overall highly impressive from British Airways would absolutely use Club World again.

British Airways customer review

I have after years of loyalty finally had it with BA. Every flight is late the catering gets worse and worse and the attitude of the crew has also deteriorated. I have taken 5 flights in 2 months and every single sector has been late. Even the crew in first class have no idea what "service" means - I have to ask for things 2 or 3 times I am not offered anything unless I ask the food is inedible (they tried to serve me a poached egg which I could have played squash with) they ran out of bottled water in a flight out of LHR I cannot find any flights when I can use my free companion voucher or use my miles to upgrade. they won't even allow my PA to deal my flights for me. it just seems the rules and attitude of their management has become so far removed from their promise To Fly to Serve.

(Denmark)

GIG-LHR B773 Newly refurbished cabin. Seats were good and comfortable food was reasonable and entertainment was great HD screen with many options.

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG). Since 2016 British Airways has been implementing cost-cutting across many parts of the customer product, with the 4-Star Airline rating held by BA for many years under review.

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL