Dublin Airport

Dublin Airport customer review

Refers to terminal 2. Building is spacious no real complaints about departing. Problems however arise on arrival into terminal 2. We arrived from Amsterdam taxied to the gate and exited the planet he walk from the plane to the immigration area took 12 minutes we had to go upstairs downstairs along corridors one of which had a travelator (not working) - when we finally got to the immigration area the exit was closed. No one thought to open the shutter and we were left waiting there in a corridor like herded sheep with no air con and no windows - after a 10 minute wait some passengers became enraged and started to pound on the shutter this had the desired effect and after a 5 minute pounding the shutter was eventually opened. At least 3 employees of DAA who were asked for an explanation just shrugged their shoulders and said it "wasn't their fault". Thankfully the process through immigration and customs was fairly swift. However when we exited terminal 2 and had to walk half a mile to terminal 1 to get the bus back to the car park. DAA have let Ireland down with this very poor service. I for one will never travel through terminal 2 again.

Dublin Airport customer review

Used Terminal 2 for coach class flights on EI to and from Chicago in May 2010. Very pleased with the airport. Using Aircoach we were at our friends apartment on the north edge of Central Dublin within 60 minutes of landing. Immigration and baggage claim was fast. Terminal 2 was open and spacious. We returned to the airport to pick up a rental car which was in the garage from Terminal 2 - a short walk. Note that you will return your car elsewhere - near the entrance to the airport - and have a bus ride back to the terminal. Check in was fast and US immigration lines were fairly short. You do go through customs even though you've checked a bag - you'll see a picture of your checked bag. Once through US customs there's only one small snack bar and tiny duty free so you may not want to go through too early. Before US customs a good choice of shopping and eating options. Main terminal is spacious although the US holding area is kind of cramped. Arrival in US was as if from a domestic flight even though we arrived at international terminal at ORD. It was very nice not to have to go through customs and immigration upon arrival in the US - and this would really be helpful if connecting in the US I think. I was pleased with DUB terminal 2.

(Israel)

Very efficient self check in stands fast check in. Good facilities for shopping coffee shops clean and tidy. Good public transport to city centre - however after 21.00 all eateries were closed!

(Saudi Arabia)

My flight dropped me at Terminal 2 recently. It took me a very long time and after asking many people before I could find my car rental desk in Terminal 1. I was directed hither and thither by Information and other miscellaneous staff. The signage for Terminal 1 in Terminal 2 is virtually non-existent (there is one tiny sign which is hard to spot). There is a long walk from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 (and vice versa). Terminal 1 appeared to be virtually deserted. I don't understand why Departures and Arrivals are on upper floors of Terminal 2. I was too exhausted by the early morning start and all the walking and Security to bother with the shops when I finally got through to the Departure Hall.

Dublin Airport customer review

Since T2 opened I've used both terminals regularly and I've found the experience to be pleasant and hassle free. The airport is clean and queuing seems to be restricted to the busy morning period only. Terminal 2 in particular is an absolute pleasure to use with short walking distances from check-in to gate.

Dublin Airport customer review

Just flew in and out of terminal 2 for the first time. When you collect your luggage you have to get an elevator or escalator to access taxis. Fine with one bag but difficult with golf clubs or stroller and especially the elderly. On departure i went up and down 3 escalators to eventually go through security for a second time as I was travelling to US. Not sure it is as passenger friendly. No time to stop and browse in stores.

Dublin Airport customer review

Dublin airport is a nice partly clean airport but the check in hall is badly organised and everyone is running around trying to find their check in desk. The rest of the airport is ok the food isn't the full shilling. On the other hand terminal 2 is brilliant I have flown to Boston numerous times and there is no queues or hassle.

(Brazil)

Used the new T2 for the first time this weekend. Bright and empty. I saw no queues. Signage adequate. Food options only okay especially once you get past security where the coffee is horrific. Still T2 doesn't solve DUB's main problem which is that it has no rail transport link to the city centre and that the Airlink costs EUR6 one way. (There is still the 16A which takes ages but costs EUR2.30.)

Dublin Airport customer review

Dublin to Brussels yesterday morning at 06.40 Terminal 2. What other people say is spot on: the place is huge but badly laid out and the queuing times are awful. For instance we were directed to the far-left queue but with the "fast-track" lane joining there the line of people became very long. Allow yourself 40 minutes to get through security in time. Things did not improve on return (21.45). Only two people checking passports for EU flights when I could see that flights from half a dozen major European cities were scheduled to arrive within 30 minutes of each other - meant a delay of at least 20 minutes at Passport Control when all people want to do is get home as quickly as possible. I agree with comments that staff need a lesson in customer care. They're all far too serious and jobworth. My first visit through T2 was a negative one.

Dublin Airport customer review

Terminal 2 a disastrous lay out. Dreadful signage and security personnel. Air travel is just getting worse and worse based on my experience here. The place itself is far too big for the traffic it handles and seems to be a complete waste of money. But the security personnel really take the biscuit. Training in how to treat passengers as human beings rather than cattle would help.