Vueling Airlines

"two pieces of luggage left behind"

Trip Verified | My husband and I were traveling from JFK to Venice. We had a connecting flight from Barcelona to Venice with Vueling. The first problem we encountered at JFK we had to pay for our luggage from JFK to Barcelona and then to Venice even though we did not have to check in our luggage at Barcelona. They charged us 350 Euro for 3 pieces of luggage. They didn't charge us for the weight. They charged by the pieces. Our luggage went straight from JFK to Venice but we were told because it was a connecting flight we had to pay for them from Barcelona to Venice which did not make any sense at all. The flights were delayed going to and coming back. We didn't know that we had to order our meal and pay for it ahead of time. Can you imagine that after your flight was delayed sitting in the airport for several hours and finding out you don't have a meal? Coming back two pieces of our luggage were left behind. We were told that they only have one flight coming out of Venice so we have to wait at least 24 hrs. I will never travel with that airline again.
RouteBarcelona to Venice
Date FlownJuly 2023

"Never again, buyer beware"

Trip Verified | Worst flight experience of my life. Its a budget airline, but it was a short haul direct flight from DUB to BCN, so I didn't really mind. The trouble started when my checked luggage didn't arrive at BCN. I followed the airport signage to the lost luggage desk and waited an hour, only to find that the lost luggage desk didn't serve Vueling airlines, and I had to go to another desk hidden way at the other end of the baggage area. The Vueling employee at that desk said she couldn't help me and pointed at a cardboard sign with a QR code to file your own lost luggage PIR report on your phone, assuming you have one. Spent the next day in BCN shopping for new clothes, suitcase, etc, as I had a cruise the following day. 2 days later, I get a call from DUB airport saying they found my bag and I gave them my PIR number. The next day the PIR report says my bag has been located and its on a flight to BCN and I'll be notified when it gets there. Guess what - it never arrived. I've called almost every day and no one can help me or give me any information. Its now been over a month, well past the 21 day limit, and they are still 'reviewing my case' and I have been unable to receive any compensation for my missing luggage. Never again, buyer beware.
RouteDublin to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2023

"never fly with Vueling again"

Trip Verified | Vueling lost 1 of our 2 bags on a short flight from Barcelona to Amsterdam on July 15th. Terrible service as they are unable to do anything. Can’t claim anything until bag is in possession or after 21 days. I’ll never fly with Vueling again!
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam

"Choose an alternative"

Trip Verified | Vueling lost 2 of our 3 suitcases. They were unresponsive and when replied had no information. How you can lose 2 suitcases on a hour short hop flight is unbelievable. My son was traveling to a an international volleyball completion and they lost all of his sports gear. My wife and I were taking a 4 week touring break around Spain and Portugal to celebrate my retirement. They lost all of her belongings on day one. Still heard nothing. Can’t claim anything until 21 days have passed. This airline is a joke. Choose an alternative.
RouteBarcelona to Alicante
Date FlownJuly 2023

"On time in challenging operating conditions"

Trip Verified | On time in challenging operating conditions. Kudos to Vueling for operating our flight on time yesterday during the Italian Airport worker's strike.
RouteVenice to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2023

"didn't allow us to cancel the tickets"

Trip Verified | They overbooked the flight but didn't allow us to cancel the tickets. Two of us were flying but we only got 1 seat. They were not able to communicate in English and answer our questions, only kept repeating that we cannot do anything and can only wait until the end of the boarding to know if one of us will be denied boarding. Worse still is that we have a connecting flight in two hours, but there's no recommendation of a solution for our situation, they only want to make max. profit out of you and don't even bother to talk to you.
RouteValencia to Palma
Date FlownJuly 2023

"plane overbooked, rude staff"

Trip Verified | Checked our family in a non existing row in the plane. Row 32 on a 31 row plane. Once at the airport had to check in again with seats all over the plane. One person to assist hundreds of people, let's say as if no one at all. Once at the gate: plane overbooked, rude staff probably fed up on handling the same situation on most flights since there was two other family in the same situation.
RouteBarcelona to Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2023

"definitely use this service again"

Not Verified | Had the best experience with Vueling Airlines and we used assistance and had the best service there. Wen got off flight straight through, staff were friendly and kind. Will definitely use this service again.
RouteEdinburgh to Barcelona

"staff lacks knowledge"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | The worst experience ever. The staff lacks knowledge and language and they do not have the slightest level of politeness in dealing with customers. Imagine that you have booked two seats on the plane, then you are surprised that the employee tells you that there is only one seat, then you argue with the staff that you have reserved two seats, and time passes to come and another says to you, "Yes, you are right. You have two seats reserved" and you discover that the first employee is wrong. After that, you have to pay a large amount of baggage fees that do not fit the size of the bags. You reluctantly pay because you would like not to miss the plane. Then when the staff finishes the procedures you missed the plane and worse than that instead of apologizing for their mistake you have to pay for the flight again and the bags again. My vacation was ruined. I advise everyone not to deal with Vueling Airlines at all.
RouteBarcelona to Stockholm
Date FlownJuly 2023

"Won't be flying Vueling again"

Trip Verified | Worst ground service staff ever. Rude and unfriendly. Plus you have to join the longest line at Gatwick Ground Services for a visa check if you don't have a UK passport. I had to wait in line almost an hour just to get a boarding pass because the line was for anyone who had issues, not just for visa check. Won't be flying Vueling again. The savings in ticket fare isn't worth this horrible start to a holiday.
RouteGatwick to Barcelona