Vueling Airlines

"Flight attendants were strange"

Not Verified | Sat in front row, one and a half hour flight from Ibiza to FCO. Flight attendants were strange. They did one beverage cart run for full flight, when that emptied (1/8 of the passengers), they came back up to front galley, closed curtain so passengers got the message they were closed, bathrooms not available, etc. Then some lovely warm pasta smell began emanating from the front (likely a crew meal). They laughed and chatted with curtain blocking both passage and window barrier in front of 1A-C.
RouteIbiza to Rome
Date FlownAugust 2022

"On time departure, early arrival"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Smooth check in at Brussels Airport and despite departing on a very busy day, the whole airport experience was smooth. On time boarding and greeted by the friendly cabin crew while on board. Emergency exit seat was assigned and was very appreciated. Ample legroom making sure the flight was very comfortable. Drinks/snacks for purchase as well as Wi-Fi bundle to choose from and worked pretty good. On time departure, early arrival. Overall, excellent.
RouteBrussels to Santiago De Compostella
Date FlownAugust 2022

"totally disillusioned with Vueling"

Trip Verified | For our last holiday my wife wanted to go to Paris before it was it was impossible due to ill health. We booked Newcastle to Paris return with Vueling. On the Orly to Newcastle return we arrived on time, seen flight cancelled. Went to check in and told no problem and come back in one hour for correct check in time. Went back and told the flight was cancelled. We asked for help from the Vueling desk, they looked at my phone and found the flight was cancelled at 02.30 in morning. We were not up then. She told me we were booked the next day to Gatwick not Newcastle. We asked for help with hotels, phone, food, nothing but told book with Air France to get to Newcastle. We were at the airport my wife who is 74 years old and attends a memory clinic and I have severe hearing loss with 2 hearing aids and heart problems, she is my wonderful ears and I am her guide to keep her from wandering off as she loses direction. I had to get us from Orly to Charles de Gaulle book a hotel and to our check in the morning after. Sounds simple, you try it deaf with anxiety off the scale. After 10 emails, complaints about treatment they put 148 pound in our bank. Not acceptable, the flight alone cost 500. They give me some reason of weather problems. The one thing I would like to say that young French people are wonderful and helped us many times in the holiday. We were totally disillusioned with Vueling and their CEO Marco who we contacted twice with no response. But congratulations on the profits you make from peoples misery and upset. I did cheekily suggest to him to save money was to sack all customer service and put in an automated answer phone in saying do not bother we will not pay out fair compensation. Please do not do that. Clearly they are only following policy which comes from the top and they followed company policy regardless of how they really feel. Do not let old age and health problems stop booking flights, get the correct insurance with a good airline and you can a have a wonderful holiday.
RouteParis Orly to Newcastle

"embarrassing and overwhelming"

Not Verified | Waited in line for an hour to check in. Really not a big deal as I was expecting this. While in line, they checked my passport quickly which I thought was strange. When I finally got to the front of the line, I could not check in because my passport didn’t have a sticker that was apparently supposed to have been given to me. I was escorted out of line back to security in front of everyone where I was treated like =garbage. The man denied having ever seen me in line and they tried to make me go to the back. I got worked up naturally, and they turned it around as if I was being disrespectful. It was incredibly embarrassing. When I was taken back to check in, the man kept telling me to smile and was laughing in French with his friend about it the situation. This was highly embarrassing and overwhelming and there was no reason for it to be.
RouteParis Orly to London

"worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Barcelona to London. Outrageous. I flew to Barcelona from London for a weekend and it was the worst experience ever. My flight from London to Barcelona was delayed by 4h 20min. It was a weekend trip, so that’s a lot of time lost to enjoy your destination. The flight was at 8am, so I woke up at 5am to be at the airport with ample time. They didn’t bother to let us know; not an email, nothing. They just sent an email AT 10:24 telling us that the 8am flight was delayed — ehm, thanks, I did notice indeed that I am not flying right now. Thanks for nothing… They HAVE to, by regulation, give you reasonable food while waiting. Well, they sent an email 2h after departure time saying that you can have food via a £5 voucher. Firstly, £5 at Gatwick buys you nothing, not even a sandwich. Secondly, the email link saying in which stores you can use it was broken. And thirdly, when I actually tried to use said voucher in two stores, they said that you need to go print the boarding pass at a specific place and then have it sealed by some random people. No instructions whatsoever about this in the email. So dishonest of the airline to try that way that you do not spend YOUR ENTITLED BY REGULATION money. Finally, the flight back — I was denied boarding at the gate because I had arrived 5min after they closed the boarding. The interesting thing is (1) I arrived with ample time, and (2) they did not, in a single email or communication, specify any time at which the boarding would close. In addition, the staff at the gate were incredibly rude. Really, really, do not fly with them. They made my experience miserable of what could’ve been an otherwise enjoyable weekend with friends.
RouteBarcelona to London
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I cannot believe I trusted them"

Trip Verified | Do not fly with Vueling. They oversell tickets and my partner does not have a seat. We have to rearrange our schedules and pay so much more and miss out on my partners sisters wedding. I am beyond disgusted I cannot believe I trusted them.
RouteBarcelona to Malta
Date FlownJuly 2022

"cancelled flight an hour before boarding"

Trip Verified | After going through security, the airline cancelled flight an hour before boarding. Went to the airline desk to be assisted and there was no one from Vueling airline to assist. We had to wait an hour for someone to take us back to landside, went to find someone from Vueling landside to assist but there were no staff available to assist and the lady at the info desk advised to call the airline customer service instead. A complete nightmare. We had to buy additional ticket with another company, and we never succeed to have the customer services, either online or hotline, for a compensation or refund.
RouteRome to Paris Orly
Date FlownMay 2022

"they have lost our luggage"

Not Verified | Flew into Dublin arriving at 6am for our connecting bought ticket flight on Vueling at 1:40pm! thinking we had TONS of time to check luggage. Dublin airport does not have Permanent desk check in counters for their airlines, they all share desks. So no one with the airline you are flying other than BA and Ryan have desks you can speak to anyone. Was told where Vueling might Be but not until 10:30 am, we had no way to check bags early. We stood in line at 9:15 to ensure we were first in line waiting to see Where Vueling might be. when it tells you counter 11, that means the Entire counter which is really 3 airlines long and shared by all. For our 1:40 flight, which Vueling recommends 3-4 hr early check in, one lone lady shows up at 10:45 to post the Vueling sign on two monitors! she then says, someone will be here in 10 min to start check in. 35 min later not 10, ONE lady/girl shows up to check in the entire flight! Now being the very first customer we are being checked in at 11:30 for a 1:40 flight, less than their own company recommendation! Being the first customer to check in bags, they have lost our luggage for a 2hr flight Dublin to Paris. One man at customer service who spoke broken English, filed our claim and told us to call back. We are now 48hrs from our flight and there is no calling. the phone is permanently off hook and busy. we have emailed and gone on Vueling customer service with no response. Because Vueling has super strict online luggage rules, we believed them and put Everything in our paid checked bags. NO help is anywhere from Vueling. Having to spend money on brand new shower items, make up and at this point, we now have to ruin our holiday more, go shop in Paris for clothing which of course are quite expensive!
RouteDublin to Paris

"Absolutely totally untrustworthy"

Not Verified | Booked through BA. Cancelled flight a couple of hours before flight by email. Email said clearly choice is to rebook or claim a refund within 7 days. Tried to claim a refund and they said down to adverse weather so doesn't qualify. (Not a cloud in the sky). Absolutely totally untrustworthy. Pay a few quid more and go with a proper airline. Can't believe British Airways thrown their lot in with this shower.
RouteBarcelona to London Gatwick
Date FlownJune 2022

"compensation was declined"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I've flown with Vueling twice. As long as there are no issues, they're fine. But once the plane was over 4h late and I tried to get in touch with the airline to get compensation as I missed my train and had to pay for a hotel night in Paris. It was impossible to get a hold of anybody. And my request for compensation was declined. So as long as you don't have to get in touch with them it's fine, but if something goes wrong, you're screwed.
RouteStockholm to Paris