Vueling Airlines

"Over an hour later than scheduled we took off. Never again"

Not Verified | It would appear that Ryanair have produced a race to the bottom business model that Vueling are winning if that is even possible. I would love to be a fly on the wall at the strategy meetings of this venal money grabbing smug business. The whole experience is designed to get you into such a state of anxiety by bamboozling you into buying seats, insurance, extra baggage and customer care you don't need just on the off chance you are stung with exorbitant charges. They then pile on the incompetence by doing things such as sending confirmation to an entirely made up email address and not showing the baggage you have shelled out for on any of your booking information. I finally managed to get my boarding passes by having a toe in the moonlight and one burning eyebrow and promising them custody of my first born. Once inside Gatwick airport we were faced with a queue that snaked around the terminal. You then shuffle along until a panicked Vueling employee on a minimal wage calls you to skip the line as your flight is about to take off rendering the two hours you put aside for baggage check-in entirely pointless. We then had to leg it to the gate to be faced with a "Gate Closed" sign and absolutely nobody there. At which point my youngest burst into tears. No worries though. Vueling had simply sent the other 200 or so passengers to the wrong gate. Result. Next stroke of luck, we were not thrown off the flight due to overbooking seats. That fell to some other poor passengers. Over an hour later than scheduled we took off. Never again.
RouteLondon to Rome
Date FlownMay 2022

"told there is no seat for you"

Not Verified | How can this company take your money for a flight then when you check in, to be told there is no seat for you. Then take no responsibility. So our holiday is ruined as they don’t offer an alternative flight because they overbook seats and assume a certain amount of people are not going to turn up for their flight. They say you can wait for the next flight but they do this for every flight, so you won’t get on the next one either. Very poor customer service and they should be closed down.
RouteGatwick to Rome
Date FlownMay 2022

"I am stranded at the airport"

Trip Verified | Awful experience. I basically paid money for torture. Flight was delayed indefinitely, they told us “no plane, no pilot” and I am stranded at the airport. I have wasted an entire day from my precious trip. None of the communication made by the airline thus far was satisfactory. Bottom line: pay a little more such that you get an airline that will actually give you a plane. My flight and hotel money have gone to waste.
RouteParis ORY to Barcelona BCN
Date FlownMay 2022

"customer service is so poor"

Not Verified | My cousin flew on a flight from Barcelona to Geneva and at some point we realized it got redirected. We called their customer service line, which is designed to be fully automated, and once I finally got in contact with an actual person and asked if they have any information on my cousin's flight they wanted to know the flight's number. I don't memorize these numbers so I asked him to wait while I find it. He graciously waited 30 seconds. 30 seconds of waiting and then he tells me that if I don't have the number then he will have to hang up in order to serve other customers. After saying that, he doesn't wait for my response, tells me to kindly do a survey, and hangs up the phone. I understand that there are other customers, I understand that there will be other people calling this airline to find out about their friends or family that were on the same flight as my cousin but I cannot believe that 30 seconds was too much of a wait time. This airline may provide cheap fares but their customer service is so poor you really shouldn't expect anything.
RouteBarcelona to Geneva
Date FlownMay 2022

"cancelled due to a mechanical issue"

(Greece)

Not Verified | By far the worst traveling experience I ever had. Flight was cancelled due to a mechanical issue of the airplane. Next available flight was set 8 hours later, which was delayed one hour. We got 12 euros as a refund, and that was all. I wouldn't suggest to fly with this company
RouteAthens to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2022

"They just want more and more money from you"

Trip Verified | On my inbound flight I was able to add a cabin luggage during my online check-in. So I went to my trip with a cabin luggage. But on my outbound trip this option was not available. I had then to buy a checked bag. In the beginning the 15kg bag was 20 EUR, then on the check-out it went to 31 EUR, after a refresh the price was 26 EUR, and at the end I paid 31EUR for 15 checked luggage, instead of 12eur for a cabin luggage. My ticket cost 200EUR which of course is far from being low-cost. But the offered service is really cheap. They just want more and more money from you. I do not recommend this company and will not take it again. Very short legroom and dirty plane.
RouteBarcelona to Paris
Date FlownMay 2022

"Vueling is the worst airline"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Ticket re paid three times! On the morning of April 6, 2022, I arrive at Fiumicino airport with my return ticket for las Palmas paid 400 euros. The hostesses tell me that the ticket shows my first name repeated two times (name/name) not my first and last name. Although I paid for it with my credit card there is nothing to do for the company. I can only change the name by spending 500 euros, or buy a new ticket for 400 euros. I am ready to go, I have already paid for the hotel so I choose to buy a new ticket. I pay 490 euros, the hostesses tell me that it is the same return ticket like the first one, and they tell me to rush towards the boarding area. at the Gate the hostesses assure me again that the ticket is round trip and that I will receive the rest of tags once in Spain. But in Spain I will have a nasty surprise. the connection Barcelona to Las Palmas is overbooked and I will be boarded by a miracle and as last Passenger despite being the owner of two seats on that plane! After two days spent on the phone trying to talk to someone from Vueling, I discover that the replacement ticket sold to me at the check in in Rome is one way ticket! Ruined vacation for the first two days and uncertain mood for the remaining days looking for a return flight that wasn't too expensive. Total cost 1000 euros only for the flights of the Vueling; an additional hotel day + airport parking + lunch, dinner + airport lunch + extra = 150 euros. In total 750 euros more spent. 750 euros that I could have saved or spent to better enjoy the holiday. I could also have had a calmer, more relaxed attitude. For me Vueling is the worst airline in the world based on my experience. I have never had such a bad and depressing experience with an airline. They don't even give you a glass of water on board. The bathroom was dirty. the ground staff is absent if no physical person answers the phone.
RouteRoma to Las Palmas via Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2022

"amazingly bad customer service"

Trip Verified | My recent flight with Vueling was the worst flying experience of my life. I paid £795 for 2 adults and a child to fly one-way from Rome to Gatwick. This is a lot of money for such a terrible service. We paid extra for row 3 "More space plus" - this includes extra luggage allowance in the overhead bin & priority boarding. The priority boarding just didn't happen. As a result, we boarded about halfway through the process, and as we joined, every single overhead locker was full until row 10. However, on closer inspection, around 1/3 of these bags did not have yellow "approved" overhead locker tags on them, they were just the bags that should be stowed under the seat, but lazy passengers had just stored them in the bins. There was no monitoring or policing of the bin policy by any of the cabin crew, so this led to huge amounts of aggravation from all the passengers (like me) who had paid £30 extra for overhead luggage storage but now could not access it. The cabin crew were lazy, rude and surly. The 4 cabin crew "hid" behind their curtain at the front of the plane for the majority of the flight, laughing and giggling and ignored their customers for at least 75% of the journey. When passengers tried to access the front of the plane, the cabin crew held the curtain closed so the passengers couldn't get in. The food and beverage service started 25 minutes after the seatbelt lights had gone off. I was in Row 3, the crisps/snacks had already run out before they even got to me. The crew stopped people from using the front toilet (even when the light was green and the toilet was unoccupied), sending them to the back of the plane. It was truly amazingly bad customer service.
AircraftA320Neo
RouteRome to Gatwick
Date FlownApril 2022

"no bags were loaded onto the plane"

Trip Verified | Vueling reported after landing that no bags were loaded onto the plane in Florence. Same for flight 6206, the previous flight that day. They claimed a wind incident at the airport. They claimed an overloaded flight, half the seats on A319 were empty. We filled out the requisite forms at the British Airways desk in Gatwick (they partner with Vueling and BA has the only terminal office for Vueling). The BA agent agreed that Vueling is horrible. Received one text message acknowledging our PIR number. Checking online shows that they are searching for our bags. Calling in to Vueling is a horrible experience. I could only find a human by mistake on the phone tree. The agent was the worst I have ever encountered. She would only tell me that the bags were not found yet. No bags loaded at the Florence airport and they don't know where they are? She told me that she could not connect me to a supervisor. She would not pass our case or contact info to a supervisor. A complete stonewall job. 2 days and no bags, no news.
RouteFlorence to Gatwick
Date FlownApril 2022

"Shame on Vueling for providing such a poor service"

Trip Verified | Terrible airline with one of the most arrogant and unprofessional customer services I've ever experienced. I was going to work during the flight, I purchased some extra options to have a front seat, and to enjoy priority boarding. First, the boarding process at Alicante airport was a mess. When I entered the plane, it turned out that all overhead compartments in the front are full. It looked like most of the luggage belonged to the crew. The crew told me in a very arrogant way to store my hand luggage in the rear of the cabin (my seat was in the front row). Second, for most of the flight all the crew stayed in the front galley, giggling and chatting. They stowed the curtain, and closed the front lavatory to keep privacy. Lastly, the disembarkment was a mess. Okay, they announced that because of Covid passengers must leave the aircraft row by a row. But they didn’t care how the disembarkment actually looked like. I need look just like the boarding – a total mess. Shame on Vueling for providing such a poor service.
RouteAlicante (ALC) to Paris Orly (ORY)
Date FlownMarch 2022