Vueling Airlines

"baggage fee was also non-refundable"

Not Verified | Palma de Mallorca to Seville. Cheap airfare. Took assurance it was a good risk when I saw the same flight was also book under an Iberia flight number. They hit you with surprise fees and charge for water. On the advice of a friend I paid for my only checked bag in advance. It cost as much as the airfare! When I next booked a flight with them, I paid the baggage fee in advance. After, I decided on a different flight pattern (see above flight experience). I knew my flight cost was non refundable (being so cheap) but was surprised to learn from their call center that my prepaid baggage fee was also non-refundable.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Seville
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"embarrassing and degrading experience"

Not Verified | Birmingham to Barcelona. I was subjected to a most embarrassing and degrading experience. Having booked and paid for an extra space seat (2c), when I arrived at the check-in the desk clerk offered me a seat on an emergency exit isle as it had ‘more room’. All with the best of intentions I am sure. When seated, I asked a crew member for a seat belt extender, and she barked at me that I could not have one sitting there and ordered me to move to another seat. The seat I was forced to move to was not an extra legroom seat and proved completely in appropriate for someone my size. I protested that I had paid an upgrade fee, but was told to go to the desk in Barcelona. When the attendant handed me the seatbelt extenders she could not have made it more overt, so all the surrounding passengers could see, it was as though she was handing a lasso an elephant. This experience was humiliating, demeaning and discriminatory in the extreme, and the fear of being removed from the plane prevented me from protesting further. If I could have found another flight to Barcelona I would have walked off the plane. This company is not interested at all in the fact that I did not get what I paid for, and their customers are discriminated against and humiliated without any redress. I also ordered a hot chicken meal - big mistake, it was not reheated well at all! Avoid, especially if you are of large build.
RouteBirmingham to Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"plane diverted to Barcelona"

Not Verified | Booked to go from Gatwick to Alicante, plane diverted to Barcelona before take off. Handling agent had no idea or information on onward about travel, hotel, and accommodation. No compensation if I did not get on plane, plane under booked with approx 25 passengers, by text plane was late and delayed due to technical reasons, then operational reasons, Captain made no comment when asked. My only good advice I can give if Vueling cannot do the basics right then find another airline, 8 hours by coach or delayed onward flight happened the week before and so you can kiss good by to two days of your holiday.
RouteGatwick to Alicante
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"service at Stockholm the worst"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Barcelona. The cabin was 30 degrees to force people to buy drinks. The staff are slow, it takes 2,5 hrs on a 3 hrs flight to get to row 30. Their service at Stockholm Arlanda provided by Menzies are the worst.
RouteStockholm to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"ground and flight crew fantastic"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Florence. Both ground crew and flight crew fantastic. Really appreciated USB outlet. I met Lola at checkin and again at boarding in Madrid. Her courtesy and professionalism are outstanding. Seems to really like her job and care for passengers. I have flown a great deal but rarely meet someone as genuine in her hospitality as Lola. Hope someone reads this from the company and acknowledges her in some way. The pilot did not give canned speeches, but was also sincere in his welcome and goodbyes. I intruded upon the flight attendants to ask about an inexpensive product for sale in in-flight magazine and they went out of their way to be helpful. Couldn’t ask for better all around service.
RouteMadrid to Florence
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"refused to pay compensation"

Trip Verified | Granada to Barcelona. Delayed for over 10 hours and Vueling refused to pay the compensation of 250Euro. Only after reporting them to AESA they finally paid one of us the outstanding money. However the second payout has not arrived and even though we have a payment reference number we are unable to contact them in regards to this outstanding payout. Phone calls get simply hung up on and there is no way you can send emails to this super dodgy airline.
RouteGranada to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Unprofessional and inefficient"

Trip Verified | l flew from Paris Orly airport to Milan MXP on 31st December 2019. My friends Received their luggage but my baggage never came on the luggage belt. After waiting for 45 minutes, I went to the airport lost and found as there is no Vueling counter at Milan Airport. The airport authorities confirmed that Vueling had left couple of bags back at Paris Orly airport. My heart sank in, I was in Milan for new years and my luggage carelessly left behind in Paris by Vueling. I filed the report took the copy and left for Air BnB. For next one and half day there was no confirmation from Vueling about status of my luggage. After two days, on 2nd January 2020 night I received a confirmation from Milan Airport authorities that my baggage has finally arrived but Vueling airlines were unresponsive to the miserable situation they had put me in. I was denied delivery of my luggage on 2 ND January night and 3rd January morning as the courier delivery services weren't working. On 3rd January 2020, I woke up at 6.30 am to reach Milan Airport from my Air BnB which was 1hour 30 minutes away from my Air BnB via Metro and Train to retrieve my luggage and back, on which I had to spend another 56 Euros. I raised claim of all these expenses to Vueling, attaching Invoices, receipts for clothes, travel via metro and train etc. Vueling is offering an amount of 187 USD while my expenses alone costed 256Euros. What a shame on Vueling, I have emailed them 50 times with proof of invoices, receipts and all necessary documents but all I receive from them is an automated response, we will get back to you, your request is under process. It's been 15 days to the chase but they still haven't come up with an accurate response as to how they are refusing to cover my expenses which I was forced to make in a foreign land for survival as they misplaced my luggage for 2.5 days. I have sent them a legal notice through lawyer, which was two days and shamelessly they replied via an automated reply. Vueling is the most Unprofessional and inefficient airlines ever.
RouteParis to Milan
Date FlownDecember 2019

"arrogant customer support"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Paris. Suffice to say Vueling Airline is the worst and I have flown Lion Air so that's saying something. Overbooked a late flight and didn't let us on board. Instead of attempting to find a solution they chose the "It's legal in Spain" and "you bought the ticket not a seat" rhetoric and refused to have any conversation with their customers. Also hid the gate number to avoid people from getting to the late and overbooked flight. Greedy company, arrogant customer support. Do the world a favor and give your hard-earned money to some other company.
RouteBarcelona to Paris
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"luggage with a broken handle"

(Iran)

Trip Verified | Paris to Malaga via Barcelona. First of all they lost my luggage, then after 48 hours they brought my luggage with a broken handle. After 10 days of back and forth e-mails, I was told broken handles and broken wheels are not called damaged and they are not responsible. Now I have a broken suitcase and have to travel back home.
RouteParis to Malaga via Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2019

"delayed and then cancelled"

Not Verified | Was scheduled to fly from Vienna to Florence on 1/4/20 at 5:45 pm. The flight was delayed several times and then cancelled. I was rescheduled on another flight to Pisa for next day at 11:45 am. It’s now 5 pm and still at the airport waiting, no communication from the airline or the airport. Called the airline several time as well as the airport customer service and nobody can give any information.
RouteVienna to Florence