Vueling Airlines

"no free random seats available"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | When I was about to do the Check-in there were no free random seats available. The only available seats were the ones I had to pay for. So I had to pay 17 euros (the cheapest one) in order to be able to do the check-in and get a boarding pass. This is a fraud since when you buy the ticket they say that you can have a random seat for free. They don't know what to do so as to get extra money at the expense of clients.
RouteBarcelona to Brussels
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"doesn't care about their customers"

Trip Verified | I forgot a cabin bag in a Vueling Flight travelling from Basel to Barcelona on 21st October. My luggage was found by Vueling cabin personnel and was disembarked from the aircraft, however, Vueling never returned my luggage to me. It is impossible to contact any person at Vueling. All the interaction with Vueling is done through a service called "Vueling Foundspot" Although the flight was good, the crew very friendly and overall experience very enjoyable, the company doesn't care about their customers They never contacted me and my bag lost. It was impossible to talk to any person at Vueling that could provide assistance.
RouteBasel to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2022

"shouldn't be allowed to operate"

Trip Verified | This airline shouldn't be allowed to operate. After waiting 3 hours at the gate we were told the airplane was faulty and they were cancelling the flight. We were sent to the information desk where they told us to book a replacement flight ourselves at their expense. They told us that we would receive full compensation for any expenses including hotel and food. They also said they would pay us back within 7 days. 3 months later, I (and many others who were on the same flight) am still waiting for £400. Despite many calls and emails, they refuse to communicate. I have contacted the CAA who said they can't help. I've contacted the Citizens Advice Bureau but they said they can't help as Vueling are governed by Spanish law, not UK.
RouteGatwick to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"the worst I have experienced"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Vueling customer service is the worst I have experienced. They simply do not care about their customers and only want to make a quick buck. I was supposed to fly with my pregnant wife, two-year-old son, and mom. We got to the airport nearly 2 hours early, went through security, found our gate, and waited for the majority of the people to board. Then went into line once it was shorter, and when we reached the boarding gate they told us there is no space and that they sold our tickets to the people in front of us. This was the end of our trip. They then lost our bag and offered us and their customer service offered us a slight two days later which was expensive and we had to pay for. I still do not understand how this could happen - how can a business like this exist when they screw over families during their travels. We travel several times a year. I have never experienced such poor service. The staff was simply instructed to cut us off at any point and tell us to leave the airport.
RouteBercelona to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Never again with Vueling for us"

Trip Verified | Flight LPA-CDG VY 3184 on 25/11/2022 Departure time: 13:15. Very bad crew experience- flight from LPA (Gran Canaria) to CDG (Paris) VY 3184 - Not professional crew. 25/11/22. No catering on board for more than 4 hour flight. We had no information of that before the flight. If we had information we could buy a sandwich before the flight. I felt very bad, like I was going to faint, because I did not eat nothing in the morning and I was supposed to eat on board. The attitude of the cabin crew was not acceptable: 1st: they said to us that we had the info about the catering before the flight (we did no have it). 2nd: The cabin crew and the senior cabin crew were eating their meals in front of us in the galley and laughing, during this time and we had nothing to eat. 3rd: the cabin crew at the front had a friend in the flight and thy were talking every time with him loudly and laughing in the galley. This is not a good professional attitude. Moreover, the cabin crew at the back had an aggressive way to talk with passengers, he seemed bored to be here. Shame on him. Never again with Vueling for us. We like to go often to Canaria, and to Europe but we'll never take this company. We’ll take a real company with an experienced and trained crew, not this Vueling bus without crew in the cabin. Vueling should train their cabin crew about the behaviour to have on board and the way to talk with passengers. And the cabin crew should understand that we paid for a service and they are here because there is passengers paying. So we are paying them.
RouteGran Canaria to Paris CDG
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I had to pay as a result of their mistake"

Not Verified | This airline is a scam. I purchased a ticket for a weekend trip with a friend. I had done this multiple days in advance, checked in, got my boarding pass, and even made it through security. While waiting at my gate I received an email that my booking was canceled, my booking not the flight. Even though I had a seat number and assurances from multiple employees that this was a mistake when I went to get on the flight I had been removed from the manifest with no explanation. After an initial call to Vueling headquarters, the people helping me were no longer able to get a response and I was left to go home with my entire trip canceled and the charge for the flight still on my card. While I was able to get the money for the flight back they will not cover any other expenses such as transport to the airport or cancellation fees I had to pay as a result of their mistake. The trip was also overbooked by around 8 people leaving me to believe they dropped me to make room for others.
RouteLondon to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Overbooked and denied boarding"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Overbooked and denied boarding. After 5 hours wait, I got to the hotel with other 6 people. Compensation form fully automatic, eventually received a link after 1 month. But the link contains the wrong name. At this point it is impossible to contact Vueling. Just impossible to find an automatic answer within their automatic call center. I have already lost 1 hour of time trying .
RouteVenice to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2022

"never flying with Vueling again"

Not Verified | We went to fly with vueling and had checked in luggage. When we arrived at Malaga our luggage was no where to be found. They told us we could buy necessities for up to 50 euros a day as we didn’t have anything with us now for our holidays. It is now two months later and they are still “searching” for our luggage. Above all we now also have to decide between either getting a claim for the lost luggage or getting a claim for the money we spend on necessities during our holidays. Not both. The amount of the claim will be based on the weight of our luggage, which is an insane way of calculating the worth of our valuable personal items. Costumer service is horrible, as if they are trying to make it as difficult als possible to claim anything for them. I feel horrible about losing my personal belongings, but feeling scammed makes it even worse. I’m never flying with Vueling again and would advise against everyone.
RouteDubrovnik to Malaga via Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Classical overbooking of an earlier flight"

Trip Verified | Classical overbooking of an earlier flight to "pre-sell" tickets on a later flight with a less desirable time. When you try to check in early, they ask to pay for a seat or else they would refuse early check in. The app is confusing: when I tried to check-in early, it said that only a limited number of random seats are available (zero in my case) or choose a sear for a fee. The third option in an upper yellow box is go to the airport check-in. We were literally the first to arrive at the check-in and...entire flight was booked out. Stay in tune for my experience with their customer service trying to reclaim 2x250 euros compensation per EU regulations.
RouteGranada to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2022

"So disappointed and angry"

Not Verified | Purchased my ticket at vueling.com and they booked me using Iberia. Now Iberia canceled the flight and they informed me but neither airline would refund my money. I have 6 passengers on that booking and they ripped us off. Tried requesting a refund on their web but they would refer us to Iberia while Iberia would do the same. Iberia said vueling have our money so they should refund it not Iberia. So disappointed and angry.
RouteOporto to Madrid