Vueling Airlines

"very disappointed and frustrated"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I live in Brazil and I am Brazilian. In January 2020 I bought four international tickets from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to Madrid, Spain to fly in July 2020. And my plans were to travel within Spain to the balearic islands. So, in February 1st 2020, I bought four tickets with Vueling Airlines to fly from Menorca (MAH) to Barcelona (BCN) on July 22nd 2020. In February the situation of the Covi19 pandemia was not significant yet and nobody knew for sure what would happen then. Unfortunately the situation escalated worldwide in the next few months, with Spain being severely affected and then Brazil, where I live, also being severely affected. Long story short, my flight out of Brazil to Spain was cancelled and I, as a Brazilian citizen, am not allowed to enter Europe, according to the European Union decision, until (at least) August 1st 2020. I have proof of the cancellation of my international flight. But Vueling Airlines has not cancelled my internal flight from Menorca to Barcelona, as the Covid19 situation in Spain seems to be better and the country is back open to a few nationalities (Brazil is not included though!). So, I contacted Vueling Airlines to try to get a voucher with the credit for this internal flight I have bought, as I will not be able to fly because I am not allowed to enter Europe. Please note that Vueling is being flexible with a lot of its customers and offering vouchers with credit and the possibility to reschedule their flights for free. But the response from Vueling for my case is that they will not issue me a voucher with the credit for this flight and the only possibility I have to reschedule my flight is to PAY a fee. I think this is absurd! I am not allowed to get into Spain! And I don't know when I will be! Besides that, I was travelling with my husband and 2 sons, who will be back in school as of August, so I don't know when we will be able to take this trip again. It does not make sense to pay to reschedule everytime! Vueling does not care for customer satisfaction at all! They are being very unreasonable with my case! I am not in Spain because I am not allowed to be there! I would have never bought this ticket with Vueling if I knew i would not be able to enter Spain to fly! I am not crazy to throw money away! I am very disappointed and frustrated with Vueling! Terrible airline!
RouteMenorca to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they should provide rescheduling"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Airline cancelled the flight. I contacted customer service numerous times, and so did the travel agency to no avail for compensation. Agency tries to contact Vueling. They do not answer directly to them. I contact them directly asking for a solution. Vueling invokes EC Regulation 261/200, Article 5.3, to refuse providing a solution. I agree with them invoking EC Regulation 261/200. I remark that article 8(c) says they should provide rescheduling at a convenient time for me (Article 5.2 says they should also provide alternatives which they didn't). 5) They respond that the agency should contact them and not me. Agency tries again, unable to get a response. I ask for a specific way the agency should get in touch with them. They reply with "we cannot attend your petition". They ask for the agency to get in touch with them (return to 6, and repeat). I was even supportive of the fact they were abiding to EC regulations; that was great! But after they realized it also bound them to provide a solution, they backtracked their steps.
RouteMadrid to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | We bought the ticket from Vueling and the carrier was Level Europe. Vueling sent an email saying that Level Europe went bankrupt so they will return voucher to us and that was it. No money returned, no voucher and they are still selling the same flight tickets ın their website. Worst airline ever.
RouteAmsterdam to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2020

"Vueling couldn’t care less"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Zero customer service. My husband flew a code share on 31 May from Sydney to Doha then Barcelona with Qatar then connecting to a Vueling flight on the 1st June to Alicante. My husbands luggage never made it onto the Vueling flight. On arrival at Alicante, he and another pax went to the lost luggage office where a Vueling claim form was completed. On Wednesday 3rd, we had a call to say it was found .. still in Barcelona and would be forwarded to Alicante. We are still waiting. Not only that but Vueling are denying any responsibility saying my husband is at fault for filling out the wrong form and so refuse to assist! Qatar have confirmed the luggage was at Barcelona and that Vueling had it marked to be forwarded to Alicante. There is nothing more Qatar can do which I understand. However, Vueling have such a bad attitude it’s become very stressful. Vueling couldn’t care less.
RouteBarcelona to Alicante
Date FlownJune 2020

"refund application was to be processed"

Trip Verified | Vueling Airlines notified us by emails in March 2020 that our return flights to Mallorca in the first week of April 2020 had been cancelled as a consequence of the Covid-19 outbreak. We logged on to our online account and requested that their full cost be refunded back to the credit card from which they had been deducted. As the only confirmation of this refund request that we possessed was a screenshot, it was decided to telephone Customer Services to ensure that this decision had been accurately recorded. In the course of a conversation with Vueling representative Isa on 29 March she confirmed that our refund application was to be processed but that, because of staff shortages, it might take up to eight weeks. As stipulated eight weeks had passed, felt that our patience had run out, particularly bearing in mind that the airline had a legal obligation to refund us within seven days in accordance with articles 5(1)(a) and 8(1)(a) of EC Regulation No.261/2004, so decided to chase it. Numerous attempts to contact the company by telephone came to naught as, after holding for a while, the automated system cut us off. Further emails sent this week to Customer Services and the company CEO have been met with a standard acknowledgement which asks that we telephone their offices if we wish to request a refund. As previously, attempts to contact this company fail with calls being cut off. Whilst appreciating the problems currently besetting the airline industry the facts in this matter are that monies held by Vueling since we booked in January were legally repayable long ago since this is a clear breach of contract with no flights having been provided.
RouteBristol to Mallorca
Date FlownApril 2020

"They charged me twice"

Trip Verified | Be very careful booking online. They charged me twice for both transactions but I didn’t notice until a month or two later (I didn’t get two emails). I contacted my credit card company but they couldn’t help because Vueling kept saying I bought two tickets. I contacted Vueling numerous times - I kept having to try because I couldn’t always get someone who spoke English. They refused to help saying I had to contact my card company. Round and round I went.
RouteBarcelona to Birmingham
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Horrendous customer service"

Not Verified | Vueling Airlines makes it next to impossible to speak to a human by calling their "customer service" help line. They are denying me a refund for a flight that I requested months in advance due to COVID-19. My flight from the United States to Europe was canceled with no alternative flight due to COVID-19, therefore, I will be unable to be on this flight. However, since the flight with Vueling Airlines in Europe has not been canceled yet, they will not issue a refund. I knowingly will not be able to attend my flight in August, and they will not get past their initial pre-set customer service line of "we will have to see the conditions at a later time". Please use your brain and think about each situation differently than reading a teleprompter. Horrendous customer service!
RouteBarcelona to Rome
Date FlownJuly 2019

"offered a rebook or refund option"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I had a flight booked for the 28th March 2020 from Heathrow to Barcelona, due to covid 19 this flight was cancelled. To this day I have never received my cancellation email, so I have never been offered a rebook or refund option from them. I contacted customer services 26th March and they advised me to wait for my cancellation email, I heard nothing back and requested a charge back from my bank. This got rejected as Vueling stated that the flight had been cancelled and I had been offered a rebook or refund option, they sent the documentation to my bank, which had been forwarded onto myself, Since the 1st may vueling are now stating the flight operated, it never cancelled. I will never use this airline again.
RouteLondon to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Non-existent customer service"

Not Verified | Non-existent customer service. Covid 19 cancellation with terrible communication. No offer of a refund. Trying to get through to someone was extremely difficult on the phone service. I had to press the buttons as if I wanted to join their flight club to actually get through to a human. This was no help as they refused to issue a refund. I hope the company goes bankrupt they deserve it for the way they’ve treated their passengers. I also had flights with Easyjet and TUI who gave great customer service and email updates and also refunds. I will never book a flight with Vueling again.
RouteLisbon to Valencia
Date FlownMay 2020

"I asked for a refund"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Due to the Spanish restrictions because of the Covid-19 I couldn’t take my flight. I asked for a refund and they denied it. I asked again for at least the refund of the luggage reservation (assuming the loss of the flight) but nothing.
RouteBarcelona to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria