Vueling Airlines

"mandatory masks on board"

Trip Verified | Terrible Service. Very uncoordinated at the gates and mandatory masks on board, but it was not enforced. Had to spend money on masks at the airport after being denied boarding because of no mask.
RouteBarcelona to Dubrovnik
Date FlownOctober 2022

"only recommend at a last resort"

Trip Verified | Got to the check-in desk and gave in our passports and tickets, four of each. Explained that we had booked the extra seats, an option that is clearly available for anyone booking with Vueling on their website NOT on the app that I am aware of. The lady at the desk got told to off load the extra seats! We questioned this and was told by the queue supervisor that it was ok and we would keep all the seats. When we got to the boarding gate we checked again and they had no idea you could do this, one of the person's checking the tickets at the gate just turned round to her colleague and said I haven't checked anyone in, again another example of lack or good service as you could tell they didn't care and was told to check with the staff. As we boarded the plan we could see that Vueling had resold our seats. We explained to the crew that we had paid for the extra seats, not their fault but they didn't understand. We took our seats but still have lost our extra seat. The crew are trying to work it out and get and outcome to everyone's satisfaction. Then the captain came out of the cockpit and aggressively pointing at us making it clear to everyone on the plane that we had raised and issue regarding seating. After another number finger points and some none helpful words (as people do understand other languages), they decided to move the extra people to the row behind. No formal apology was given just a lot of looks and finger pointing. Just before we pulled back we were still waiting for 2 other passengers who were clearly late, but the captain made an announcement on the tannoy and clearly claimed that the very little (6 mins) delay of the plane was down to the seat problem (mainly that we had caused this problem) making it look like we had caused the problem. As soon as the late passengers turn up and sat down we were on our way, so I don't think our seat problem caused any delay. There was no visible checking of seatbelts and where bags were placed on the plane. After take off the crew the crew quickly closed of the front curtains and toilets. Such bad customer service. No comfort in the seats. Is Vueling the company I would choose for future traveling, probably not and probably would only recommend at a last resort and choice.
RouteGatwick to Malaga
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I will pay extra next time to ensure I do not fly with Vueling again"

Trip Verified | Unbelievably bad airline. They were understaffed at check in, and we waited in line for over 3 hours to check in (online check in was also not working). Then they lost my luggage. After jumping through all the hoops and filling out all the forms, they emailed saying they are "processing". It has been over 2 months since the claim was submitted, and they still have not provided compensation. They will not respond to emails, or answer phone calls. Awful company. I will pay extra next time to ensure I do not fly with Vueling again.
RouteDublin to Barcelona via Mykonos
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Impossible to claim the refund for expenses"

Trip Verified | Impossible to claim the refund for expenses due to the cancellation of my flight. They sent me an email recalling my right to obtain refund upon presentation of receipts relating to meals, accommodation, transportation etc.. After spending a very long time trying to find the right section on their website and calling their customer support, I haven't managed to get someone from the support. I only get a robot chat or a robot voice with no answer for my request. It's clear all is made so that it's impossible for me to claim back those refunds.
RouteLisbonne to Paris

"Disgusting service"

Not Verified | Disgusting service. The airline overbooked and we weren't allowed to fly because of that. How is this even allowed? The lady who was checking us in laughed about it and wished us luck? Disgusting. I would rather pay a lot more but fly with a decent service rather than use this company ever again.
RouteAmsterdam to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I don't recommend using them"

Trip Verified | This flight seems to be delayed almost every day and my flight was 1 hour late taking off. Swissport did a really poor job of boarding there were lines all over the place and no directions. Boarding unlike Ryanair was only through the front door and took 20 minutes or more. Then they couldn't start the engines without a boost which took 30 minutes. Arrival was through an air bridge but still very slow. I don't recommend using them on this route.
RouteDublin to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Do not recommend for any reason"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Flight was overbooked, and we had to stay in Athens overnight. They code share with Iberia and seats are booked on first come first served base. No telephone or email to support with a live agent! Lucky for us an employee from Athens Airport reached them and if all is well maybe we can fly tomorrow, Do not recommend for any reason
RouteAthens to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"have to apply for an invoice separately"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | They do not provide you with an Invoice upon purchase of the ticket, you have to apply for an invoice separately. That is totally ridicules. an invoice can be generated automatically the same moment you purchase. When you have found the site where you have to apply for an invoice they even want 48 hours to send you one. The 48 hours have long come and gone, and i still don't have an invoice. Guess you will have to apply for an invoice every day until they finally send you one. I'm still waiting for mine.
RouteBillund to Malaga
Date FlownAugust 2022

"not fly with this airline again"

Not Verified | Awful experience. Plane was late leaving UK and returning with no explanation at check in. Both ways we had a very long wait (no seating) whilst waiting for the gate to open. We had a 4 year old with us but were not offered a complimentary bottle of water and drinks on board the plane were extortionate. Will not fly with this airline again.
RouteBarcelona to Birmingham
Date FlownAugust 2022

"The worst experience ever"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever. Imagine you have bought flight ticket, you have bought Louvre museum ticket, Disneyland Park, and you have paid your Hotel, then when you are at the gate to flight, after 3 hours of delay, airline informs you that flight is cancelled.
RoutePrague to Paris