Vueling Airlines

"worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Barcelona to London. Outrageous. I flew to Barcelona from London for a weekend and it was the worst experience ever. My flight from London to Barcelona was delayed by 4h 20min. It was a weekend trip, so that’s a lot of time lost to enjoy your destination. The flight was at 8am, so I woke up at 5am to be at the airport with ample time. They didn’t bother to let us know; not an email, nothing. They just sent an email AT 10:24 telling us that the 8am flight was delayed — ehm, thanks, I did notice indeed that I am not flying right now. Thanks for nothing… They HAVE to, by regulation, give you reasonable food while waiting. Well, they sent an email 2h after departure time saying that you can have food via a £5 voucher. Firstly, £5 at Gatwick buys you nothing, not even a sandwich. Secondly, the email link saying in which stores you can use it was broken. And thirdly, when I actually tried to use said voucher in two stores, they said that you need to go print the boarding pass at a specific place and then have it sealed by some random people. No instructions whatsoever about this in the email. So dishonest of the airline to try that way that you do not spend YOUR ENTITLED BY REGULATION money. Finally, the flight back — I was denied boarding at the gate because I had arrived 5min after they closed the boarding. The interesting thing is (1) I arrived with ample time, and (2) they did not, in a single email or communication, specify any time at which the boarding would close. In addition, the staff at the gate were incredibly rude. Really, really, do not fly with them. They made my experience miserable of what could’ve been an otherwise enjoyable weekend with friends.
RouteBarcelona to London
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I cannot believe I trusted them"

Trip Verified | Do not fly with Vueling. They oversell tickets and my partner does not have a seat. We have to rearrange our schedules and pay so much more and miss out on my partners sisters wedding. I am beyond disgusted I cannot believe I trusted them.
RouteBarcelona to Malta
Date FlownJuly 2022

"cancelled flight an hour before boarding"

Trip Verified | After going through security, the airline cancelled flight an hour before boarding. Went to the airline desk to be assisted and there was no one from Vueling airline to assist. We had to wait an hour for someone to take us back to landside, went to find someone from Vueling landside to assist but there were no staff available to assist and the lady at the info desk advised to call the airline customer service instead. A complete nightmare. We had to buy additional ticket with another company, and we never succeed to have the customer services, either online or hotline, for a compensation or refund.
RouteRome to Paris Orly
Date FlownMay 2022

"they have lost our luggage"

Not Verified | Flew into Dublin arriving at 6am for our connecting bought ticket flight on Vueling at 1:40pm! thinking we had TONS of time to check luggage. Dublin airport does not have Permanent desk check in counters for their airlines, they all share desks. So no one with the airline you are flying other than BA and Ryan have desks you can speak to anyone. Was told where Vueling might Be but not until 10:30 am, we had no way to check bags early. We stood in line at 9:15 to ensure we were first in line waiting to see Where Vueling might be. when it tells you counter 11, that means the Entire counter which is really 3 airlines long and shared by all. For our 1:40 flight, which Vueling recommends 3-4 hr early check in, one lone lady shows up at 10:45 to post the Vueling sign on two monitors! she then says, someone will be here in 10 min to start check in. 35 min later not 10, ONE lady/girl shows up to check in the entire flight! Now being the very first customer we are being checked in at 11:30 for a 1:40 flight, less than their own company recommendation! Being the first customer to check in bags, they have lost our luggage for a 2hr flight Dublin to Paris. One man at customer service who spoke broken English, filed our claim and told us to call back. We are now 48hrs from our flight and there is no calling. the phone is permanently off hook and busy. we have emailed and gone on Vueling customer service with no response. Because Vueling has super strict online luggage rules, we believed them and put Everything in our paid checked bags. NO help is anywhere from Vueling. Having to spend money on brand new shower items, make up and at this point, we now have to ruin our holiday more, go shop in Paris for clothing which of course are quite expensive!
RouteDublin to Paris

"Absolutely totally untrustworthy"

Not Verified | Booked through BA. Cancelled flight a couple of hours before flight by email. Email said clearly choice is to rebook or claim a refund within 7 days. Tried to claim a refund and they said down to adverse weather so doesn't qualify. (Not a cloud in the sky). Absolutely totally untrustworthy. Pay a few quid more and go with a proper airline. Can't believe British Airways thrown their lot in with this shower.
RouteBarcelona to London Gatwick

"compensation was declined"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I've flown with Vueling twice. As long as there are no issues, they're fine. But once the plane was over 4h late and I tried to get in touch with the airline to get compensation as I missed my train and had to pay for a hotel night in Paris. It was impossible to get a hold of anybody. And my request for compensation was declined. So as long as you don't have to get in touch with them it's fine, but if something goes wrong, you're screwed.
RouteStockholm to Paris
Date FlownJune 2022

"cancel flight an hour before boarding"

Not Verified | After going through security the airline decided to cancel flight an hour before boarding. Went to the airline desk to be assisted and there was no one from Vueling airline to assist. We had to wait an hour for someone to take us back to landside, went to find someone from Vueling landside to assist but there were no staff available to assist and the lady at the info desk advised to call the airline customer service instead. A complete nightmare. Eventually after we got through to a real person on the phone they could not help and kept referring us to the Vueling website! Do not book with the airline and avoid if you can.
RouteGatwick to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2022

"definitely use Vueling in future"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Best check in in many year, efficient staff and took me 10 min. For the price €84 the seat can be uncomfortable but service is excellent. Will definitely use Vueling in future!
RouteBelgrade to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2022

"Insufficient check in staff"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. Insufficient check in staff at Gatwick (2-4 staff for 12 check in counters) meant police got involved in crowd control, Several people, including families bumped due to overbooking. Flight was 5 hours late, landing at 04:45. Vueling customer service non-existent for claiming compensation
RouteGatwick to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2022

"do not fly with them"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Santiago de Compostela. Worst airline in Spain, I always have a problem with them. Today my flight is delayed 2h and I will arrive at 1 am. Other times they started the check-in of the baggage 50 min before the flight and things like this. They are terrible - do not fly with them.
RouteBarcelona to Santiago de Compostela