Vueling Airlines

"I asked for a refund"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Due to the Spanish restrictions because of the Covid-19 I couldn’t take my flight. I asked for a refund and they denied it. I asked again for at least the refund of the luggage reservation (assuming the loss of the flight) but nothing.
RouteBarcelona to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Date FlownApril 2020

"never fly with Vueling again"

Not Verified | My wife and I had seats booked on a Vueling plane from Ibiza to Valencia in October 2019 to connect with another flight (same airline) to Lisbon. At the last minute they cancelled the flight with no reason and told us to book the next day (which didn't link with our connection). We changed our booking to Ryanair and requested a refund on line as Vueling requested. To date (April 2020) we have not received a refund and no one will return our calls. This bad experience cost us an additional $100. Will never fly with Vueling again.
RouteIbiza to Valencia
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I want my refund"

(Malta)

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. The flight was cancelled, great, totally understandable in these times. Get an email telling me to click here for a refund. Then get an email saying you've been given a flight voucher, which I can not find. Trying to get hold of customer service is a whole different story. You call one number, that tells you to call another. You then go through multiple options (which takes over 3 mins) for them to say "no one is available, call back later" and hangs the phone up! Apparently I have until December to use my non-existent flight voucher, but I will not accept this. I want my refund and I will never use this company again.
RouteMalta to Barcelona

"no refund, no voucher"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Alicante to Milan. Flight was cancelled due to COVID-19, Vueling email to say voucher will be issued, if I wanted refund to call them. Told to go to manage my booking and fill out form. I had an e-mail this morning to say no refund, no voucher .. nothing. They have closed my case, I cannot get through on phone. They are acting against EU laws and it seems there is nothing I or anyone else can do about it.
RouteAlicante to Milan
Date FlownApril 2020

"not receive a refund"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Dublin. Vueling cancelled my flight due to COVID19. I eventually contacted an agent who said I would receive a full refund in 8 weeks. 4 hours later, I receive an e-mail saying that my refund claim has been rejected and I will not receive a refund.
RouteBarcelona to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Vueling trying to cheat me out of a refund"

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled due to COVID-19, for which I have complete understanding. I was offered the possibility to fly at a later date (although no-one knows when flights will be resumed) or cancel and receive a refund. I opted for the cancellation and received, ten days later, a voucher which expires on 31 December 2020. Vueling is clearly hoping that passengers do not know their rights under European law and will accept their currently worthless IOUs. I've informed them that I am not falling for their mean little trick and copied them the relevant text from the Spanish regulator AESA. In brief, the passenger has a right to a cash refund within 7 days, unless he/she explicitly agrees to accept a credit instead. I understand completely why my flight was cancelled, but I have no understanding whatsoever for Vueling trying to cheat me out of a refund.
RouteBasel to Granada via Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I would receive a voucher"

Trip Verified | My flight from London to A Coruña on 19 March was cancelled. I received an email offering either the possibility to book other flights or a refund. I chose a refund. I then received an email saying that I would receive a voucher. I wrote to say that I did not want a voucher and reiterated my request for a refund which is my choice under Regulation 261/04. I then received an email saying my payment had been turned into a flight credit. If I wanted a refund, I would have to call them. Predictably they are refusing to answer the phone.
RouteLondon to A Coruña
Date FlownMarch 2020

"will never utilize this airline"

Trip Verified | Florence to Lisbon via Barcelona. I didn’t actually fly with them. I booked a ticket - albeit in the time of COVID pandemic which of course they were aware of - and less than 24 hrs after I booked they sent an email saying they canceled the flight. The email I received that said they canceled also said I would get the ability to rebook or get a refund within 7 days. I reached out to them as I got neither and they said COVID was out of their control and they would not give me any type of reimbursement. I didn’t cancel - they did. And they did it in less than 24 hrs - I will never utilize this airline and will advise all people I know to never use them.
RouteFlorence to Lisbon via Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not get exchange or cancelled"

Trip Verified | I had a Barcelona to Rome ticket for the end of April 2020, and with the Coronavirus I decided to change my itinerary and skip Italy. I called to exchange my flight and was told that the flight will not get exchange or cancelled. I wish I can give 0 stars of how horrible the experience has been. I lost my money.
Routebarcelona to Rome
Date FlownMarch 2020

"overall a very good experience"

Not Verified | Following all the bad reviews I was apprehensive in travelling with Vueling Airlines. But I was agreeably surprised and very happy that everything went so smoothly. They both left on time and I had no problems with transferring apart from the very long distance between the two Gates. I travelled from Malaga to Barcelona, and transferred to a Dublin Flight there. The Staff were lovely on Board and very helpful. I enjoyed Malage-BCN very much. Barcelona to Dublin a little less comfortable.- I felt plane was not clean, a bit stuffy and very noisy esp on landing in a Storm in Dub. Overall a very good experience. Good Value for money, punctual and professional.
RouteMalaga to Dublin via Barcelona