United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

I started off from Seattle to Ottawa. Flight was delayed by more than an hour in Seattle b/c of a "technical problem." Then I was stranded in Chicago for hours before I got to Ottawa after 2pm. I was supposed to get to Ottawa approximately at 9:30am. On my way back a week later I got to Ottawa airport at 4am for my 6am flight. We were told flight was canceled due to a "technical problem" and I was asked to come back at 2pm. I had to argue with them to get me the 11.45 flight to Chicago. Stated in Chicago for hours then arrived in Seattle close to 6pm. I was supposed to be back in Seattle approximately at 10.30am. To be fare they provided us two $8 (Canadian) food vouchers. However I will never rely on United Airlines to get me to my destination on time and I will never fly with them again.

United Airlines customer review

Left Houston for Milwaukee after four flight delays! Return flight - I was delayed another four hours in Houston without explanation and no vouchers. Next time - American Airlines. Another dissatisfied customer!

United Airlines customer review

TPA-ORD-LHR: terrible. I know you get what you pay for but I still expect more than this for what was mainly a transatlantic trip. The TPA-ORD leg was the usual 'bus' service you get used to for US domestic trips but the international leg was beyond terrible. The aircraft was old - decor of a bygone era. The TV screens were the sort I remember for a decade ago - tiny no personal controls. The food was stingy and poor quality (a slab of meat resembling a chicken breast at some time in the past). The cabin crew were surly and long past retirement age (who knows what would happen in an emergency). Surely they could stump up at least one complementary alcoholic beverage like other transatlantic carriers. Next time I'll pay more for a much superior service. This is the budget airline of the Atlantic.

United Airlines customer review

I fly 3-5 times a month domestically and internationally. My most recent flight was from Houston Texas to Mexico City. I must say that in 20 years of air travel I have never experienced a flight attendant crew as unprofessional as the crew on that plane. They were very short with passengers! The over head bins were full and they asked that stored our bags under the seats in front of us. I am 6' 2" the new planes have even less room to fit your legs and feet. Once you bag goes there where are you to put your feet and legs? Keep in mind all I had was a computer bag. I was sitting mid plane in an aisle seat I asked if there was any room up further for my computer bag - "No if you don't like it the next flight in 3 hrs is less full if you would like me to arrange it for you". This was the reply in a very threatening tone! A few moments later I watched the same scenario happen to 2 more passengers with the same consequences. Very unprofessional atmosphere! This atmosphere and overall attitude seems to be becoming the normal for United. Flight #431 departed Houston 8.55am arrived Mex City at 11.10am.

United Airlines customer review

Another cancelled flight! I can't remember the last time a United flight took off on time. Unfortunately I live in Chicago and take them a lot. 2 cancellations in 2 months. They gave me a few points for the last cancelled flight. Big deal - I have to use them on United. United is so horrible that they actually tried to charge me for scheduling a flight in place of the flight they cancelled! Can we get trains to go Chicago to New York? Boston? It would be wonderful just like going from Amsterdam to Brussels to Paris. United has ruined travel. What a mess.

United Airlines customer review

I flew a 747 in first class from San Francisco to Seoul Korea. For a 13 hour flight I was expected to be tired when I reached my destination. However I was wrong. When I entered the aircraft I was immediately asked what beverage I would like as well as providing hot towels. The crew were very nice and gave us hand written Thank You notes for my business. The food was better than I expected it to be. They served so many appetizers before the main course that I was full. I was so surprised when they asked if I would like ice cream and customized it with toppings right in front of me! If you were hungry between meals there is a walk up bar that has fruits snacks wraps desserts etc. The IFE had a huge screen and had all the newest Hollywood blockbusters tv shows music and games. The seats were really comfortable as they had the option to put them 180 degrees so that you can sleep (the armrests automatically go down as the bed reclines) and can sleep comfortably for a tall person. They also had plenty of plugs that accepts USA and other countries plugs. The seats have plenty of storage however found it odd that flight attendants won't allow you to stow things under your seat. I slept right after the Meal service and was woken up just in time for breakfast. I couldn't believe that I could actually get sleep on a plane! It was a great experience flying United and would definitely fly with them again.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

I have been flying JFK to Dulles now for 4 weeks on the Friday 2.29 departure. It has never left on time and is generally 1 hour late. On Friday 8/8/14 it left 3 hours late. On two occasions the problem has been mechanical. One time because we needed to put more fuel on as we were given a new flight route. 140 mins longer than originally planned. I guess we were cutting it close before the re-route. All in all it is a bad flying experience. Their tag line should read "you would be better off driving".

United Airlines customer review

My wife and son took United Airlines this summer back form China and transfer in Newark airport. The connection flight and last flight of the day was cancelled due to thunder storms. During the time they waited for their next flight United Airlines did not provide any accommodation they has to sit in gate area seats the whole night until next day. A horrible experience.

United Airlines customer review

Horrible experience flying with United Airlines. From Calgary to Orlando two flights and no snacks provided. My kids were so upset not having any entertainment. TV did not show any channels unless you pay with your credit card. Snacks only if you pay. Missed a connecting flight and delayed due to weather. Waited in line for 3 hours and then boarded. Still no complimentary snacks provided to passengers. No taxi voucher provided due to missed flight. I had to pay more than $200 USD to taxi and I stayed in hotel for only 5 hours. Cost me more time and money to stay for those 5 hours. When I went to board the flight I was told only 2 members of my family could board they did not have space for all four. Options I was given was to connect to flights to different cities which would cost me more time. Paid over $160 for baggage. I will make sure no one in my family fly with this airline.

United Airlines customer review

The second time United Airline had failed me. The first was on October 2013. This review is about my last flight in August 14. I was flying from Houston Texas to LAX. There was a storm near Texas and we were delayed about 2 hours. I understand there are natural disasters out of the airlines control. The problem is how these situations are handled. First one of the flight attendants seemed annoyed by people asking if they could use the restroom and get some water. The other flight attendant was very nice and she tried her best to accommodate peoples needs. Once we were in the air they started selling food to people about an hour into the flight. I have a gluten free restriction and they had very limited options. I wanted the cheese plate with grapes and chocolate and they sold out! That was pretty much my only option. Finally we arrived to LAX 2+ hours late and the gate didn't work. So we waited once again to be let out. Finally it was time to go get my luggage which was taken from me in Texas because there was no more room for my bag. I was the last one on the flight because they had a computer glitch and they couldn't find my seat. It took them about 20 minutes to fix the problem. They didn't tell me if I should wait by the door or go to baggage claims once I arrive at LAX. Once I arrived at LAX I tried asking about my luggage but there was big lines to talk to someone. There seem to be many other problems last night. Finally I asked one United flight attendant and with an attitude she told to go to baggage claim. I told her nobody had explained to me where to get my bag and she was annoyed with my questions. I had flown in other airlines were my luggage was given to me once I exited the plane! It was a legitimate question. Once I was in baggage claim they had about 5 different places two pick up luggage. 3 out of the 5 screens was broken. I asked another Inited employee where I could get my luggage and again with an attitude she said "Obviously it's right there can't you see it?". I told her their screens are broken so no I can't see it. Most United Airline employees are rude disrespectful and not helpful. They seem to hate their job. Unfortunately this is the 2nd time I have such a horrible experience with United.