United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

United has become a terrible airline since the merger with Continental. The service customer focus and experience have all declined in the past few years. United no longer values loyal customers and it is evident by their service and how they treat their loyal members. I have been a loyal member for 20 years and have decided it is time to find another airline who will treat their passengers better and create a better flight and service experience. The delays also have been horrendous lately with waiting for flight crews to arrive.

United Airlines customer review

We flew home from Germany to Alberta Canada we had a stop over in Chicago IL. United Airlines had the worst service we have ever had from an airline company. The people were very unhelpful. Here is what happened an explanation of why we are so disappointed. The customer service was the worst we have had. It was our honeymoon we boarded our initial flight in Barcelona Spain with a different airline they flew us to Germany at which point we were to get on our UA flight. The first thing that annoyed us was that the UA airline baggage people didn't even make an effort to get our luggage on our first UA flight (this is something we didn't find out until we were already in Chicago). The lady we spoke to in Chicago simply said "you had a short layover and in cases like that we don't get the luggage because its too difficult." Once we were in Chicago and realized our baggage hadn't made it onto our plane we were told that it would be very easy to give the UA baggage office our address and they would ship them to us the next day. So we landed in Calgary (an hour late) and went to the UA baggage office to report our missing bags and give our address to them. We waited at their office for 1.5 hrs. This was a very frustrating experience in regards to the baggage and customer service. On a final note I would not recommend traveling with United Airlines (Lufthansa)!

United Airlines customer review

Flew Houston-Denver in Economy Plus. UAL charges you extra for deplorable seats. So narrow that the normal sized guy next to me was half in my seat. And the so called extra leg room is a scant 3 inches more for $50. The guy in front reclined his seat all the way ans I thought I was in a tiny cage. UAL charges for AV service. The snack pack for $8 was just OK. The flight staff was friendly - the only positive about this airline.

United Airlines customer review

United Airlines business or first class to Aruba is very bad. Misleading advertising service and claimed equipment is false. No inflight entertainment as advertised. No video or music in First Class. Seats tray and pockets all dirty with food and garbage from last passenger. This was a brand new plane and in first class the seats were so close I could not get out of my seat without disturbing the passenger in front of me or to my side. Food was spoiled with rancid oil used. Staff could care less. Not even power for my laptop to get work done. Wi-Fi entertainment power all advertised and paid for but got none of it. All bait and switch. This was a blatant rip-off of a consumer. Make you pay for services and then you don't get them.

United Airlines customer review

YWG-ORD BUF-ORD. My flight was supposed to be at 6am but they had us waiting for 2 hours before they cancelled it they rebooked me on a flight that was 11 hours later. On the same trip going back from Buffalo the flight was 3 hours late worst flight experience ever. I know flying United is sometimes cheaper but its not even worth it.

United Airlines customer review

The worst airlines I have flown in years! Kiosks were confusing and not enough help to use them. Both round trip flights from Boston to San Francisco were packed to the gills. Seats were terrible and cramped and it felt like you were sardines. Absolutely no snacks at all! Food offerings looked so bad even the staff said not to buy most of them. They have the audacity on the flight back to charge passengers for direct TV with no free channels at all! No cool circulating air so it felt suffocating! Seats terrible and uncomfortable. Staff agreed with our complaints. Flight was one hour late getting into Boston.

United Airlines customer review

HKG-SFO July 28 2014 Economy Plus. Quite simply the worst over-pacific flight I've had (I've had about 70+). The United International Economy Plus product is quite simply one of the worst available when aboard a crusty old 747. The IFE was antiquated and the movies were b-movies at best. The plane is old and crusty and desperately in need of an update. Flight attendants were indifferent and nearly tossed meal trays onto your fold down tray. Seats were dilapidated. Flight took off and landed late. This United international product is sub-standard and should be an embarrassment to United Airlines. With Star Alliance partners ANA and Asiana both offering superior product at same price why would anyone fly United? Quite simply the other airlines do a better job on these routes.

United Airlines customer review

LHR-ORD-LHR. Initial impressions of United were not great as I attempted to check in online only to find that their website system 'could not check you in at this time' after going through the whole process! United now operate from the new terminal 2 at Heathrow which is a big improvement. However upon boarding it was noticeable that the 767 was quite old (pre Boeing 'signature interior' and my seat was uncomfortable. The IFE system is also outdated and was unreliable. However the flight was punctual. The check in system for my return flight ORD-LHR was poor. Initial check in at the airport required using an automated terminal but I could not select a seat as these are allocated at the gate. It is then necessary to queue again to be allocated a seat. There is also not enough space in the departure area to accommodate everyone travelling on the flight. The onboard conditions were also similar on the return flight to the outbound (same aircraft type) except that I was bumped down into the standard economy section from the Economy Plus section. As someone who is 6ft plus this meant squeezing into a cramped seat with minimal legroom - totally unsuitable for a lengthy flight. In addition they ran out of meal choices so passengers had to 'get what they are given'. United also have a stingy policy of charging for alcoholic drinks at inflated prices. Once again the seat was not comfortable and the IFE system was not even working this time. Thankfully arrival was slightly early and the arrival process at Heathrow was most efficient. I will try to avoid flying with United again until they improve the quality of their product.

United Airlines customer review

HNL-ORD. Overnight in a B777-200. United is refurbishing these aircrafts-and we wished they would hurry it up! No sound A/V Wi-Fi. No entertainment whatsoever (but at least no one had worked the Sudoku in my "Hemispheres" mag.). My seat worked ok but my wife had to manually lift the leg support on hers and couldn't unhinge the foot rest. Then in addition the reading light for her seat wouldn't turn off. On-board staff were great: sincerely apologetic for the lack of amenities profusely sympathetic about the seat problems. Service was excellent. Dinner was very good breakfast less so but still appreciated. This could be a very good trip once the planes are fixed up.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

LAX-ORD-FRA-EWR-LAX last month. All flights arrived on time with no major issues. ORD-FRA on 747 and FRA-EWR on 777. Had upper deck on the 747 and it's the best place on the plane. Less people in a much more secluded environment. On both directions the crew was congenial and the service was top notch. I appreciated being thanked for my business and for flying UA. The United Club in EWR was a bit crowded for my liking but overall a great experience on all 4 legs. I fly almost every week and they tend to get me where I need to go on-time.