United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

Flew from Tucson AZ to Kona HI today. Horrible trip!. In Tucson the ticket agents argued and snapped at each other in front of the customers. The Tucson-LAX portion was fine the flight attendant was very professional and as I was traveling with a handicapped companion she was very helpful. The flight from LAX to Kona Hawaii however was awful. The flight attendants were rude short tempered and often ignored passengers questions. This was a five and a half hour flight to not even provide peanuts as a snack is ridiculous considering the cost of the food available for purchase. I will say the ground crew in Tucson LAX and Kona were fantastic and really went out of their way to help out. My issue is that the ground crew doesn't work for United and I didn't buy my ticket from them. United seriously need to work on their customer service relations!

(New Zealand)

On a recent trip we flew 3 times with United. The first flight was on 9 September and we flew from Vancouver to Denver with a stopover en route to Albuquerque. These seats were all booked by a travel agent and confirmed 5 months prior to travel. On the first flight my husband and I were seated separately - I was seated behind my husband. We were given water and/or soft drink during the flight. The attendants were very brisk and almost rude in the 'service' they offered. But the flight did leave and arrive on time. The connecting flight however was not such a straight forward experience. When we went to the check-in we were informed by the staff that the flight had been over booked and that we at that stage were the over booked people. They did not apologise in fact they treated us very rudely. They spent the next hour and a half offering 2 passengers other flights hotel accommodation and $500 flight vouchers each in an effort to allow us to board the flight. Eventually and approximately 3 mins before the flight doors were to close after boarding and after I stood at the counter for around 10 mins they informed me that we could board. Again we were seated separately with my husband at the back of the plane and me sitting at the front. Never any apology. Our third flight was on the 13 September and we flew from Albuquerque to LAX in readiness for our flight back to Auckland NZ. The staff at the airport were again rude. Our flight left more or less on time and the flight staff were great bright and friendly. They actually appeared to be enjoying their job and treated the passengers with friendliness and courtesy. We actually managed to sit together on this flight.

United Airlines customer review

I have the United app and I was checking on the situation in Chicago from the day before - was not told anything until I was stuck in the airport away from freedom when the agent told me the first leg into Chicago was delayed 2 hours and the 2nd leg from Chicago to San Diego had a connection I was not going to make because of the time I get in - it was the last flight out of Chicago for the night. The Agent was amazing and put me on another airline that would get me home to my family. Forever grateful! Once on the plane to Chicago the 1st class flight attendant was very attentive and extremely caring. When I asked if there were any snacks she said that the previous flight had depleted the stock. When I informed her about my birthday flights and the problems I was having she went all out. She offered me her own personal snack out of her purse with a smile. Selfless and sincere. She was a blessing to my day. As I left she handed me a "care package" of treats she was able to scrounge up on the plane for and offered me a happy birthday wish. She and the gate attendant both made my long hours and travel home to my family not just bearable but enjoyable.
Seat TypeFirst Class

(Austria)

FRA-IAD and next morning IAD-MIA in business. FRA-IAD flight had to return to gate to get some loose freight container fixed so plane left with 2 hour delay. Otherwise flight was fine. Seats were reasonably comfortable entertainment OK. The inflight service was excellent with a delicious menu and very attentive flight attendants who regularly walked around with drinks and snacks. Baggage delivery at IAD was very fast. Domestic connection next morning also fine. Friendly and efficient check-in. Seats were comfortable and flight left on time. On the domestic leg they served drinks and a warm cookie. Baggage delivery on arrival reasonably quick.

United Airlines customer review

I recently traveled from Arkansas where I was visiting my family back to Honolulu HI where I am currently stationed in the US Air Force. On the last flight as I was boarding I was informed that my seat had been moved. When booking the flight I paid extra to have an exit row aisle seat because I have bad knees and needed the extra leg room. I was instead placed in the middle seat of a non exit row. The staff made no explanation regarding my seat change did not offer their apologies and did not seem to have any concern over the money I had lost paying for a seat that I did not end up having. I am extremely frustrated with this service and will encourage all of my friends to fly with a different airline. This kind of treatment is unacceptable.

United Airlines customer review

First class sure isn't what it used to be. On a round trip from Dulles to Vegas both times they ran out of cereal before they took my breakfast order so all they had to offer were some nasty eggs broccoli casserole and dried out croissants. Apparently they only stock enough cereal for 1/2 of first class? Really? For a $1378 ticket I want my freaking cereal not food poisoning. The clincher was that they charge first class passengers for wi-fi access. They should be ashamed. Only a half notch above economy if that much.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

SYD-SFO-SYD: Flew in late September. I got the same plane for both legs of the journey which looks rather old. There appears to be more Economy Plus seats than Economy seats. Plane had a dodgy IFE for the entire section of seats I was seating. My own AVOD was jammed and could not be reset. Food was barely edible for dinner but it got better for breakfast and drinks were forthcoming. Legroom was okay. From the US leg I had to use the kiosk to check in but it refused to print my ticket and required a staff to assist me. I was disappointed with quality of the airline overall because I would have expected US-based airlines to have a superior standard. If you are flying on a budget this may be for you but otherwise you might want to look elsewhere.

United Airlines customer review

Our flight from Boston to Denver was delayed by an hour. We approached the service desk in Boston when notified about the delay because we had a very short layover on our way to Seattle. We were told all connecting flights would be fine and that they would make up the time in the air. It wasn't until we were almost to Denver that they bothered to inform us of the added time to the flight and we arrived just in time to see our next plane depart. They did put us up in a hotel for free and got us on the next flight out the next morning only to have that plane stop mid-takeoff due to a plane malfunction. If the staff had been gracious and accommodating during this nightmare it might not have been so bad but they had the nerve to tell us it was our fault for not having a longer layover (as if we had a choice). Never flying with United again if we ever get back to Seattle.

United Airlines customer review

My initial flight from CA to Denver was delayed for 2 hours - no explanation. From this delay I missed the connecting United flight from Denver to Peoria. I was given tickets to flyig into Chicago - arriving 2 am with a ticket to Peoria the following morning. Of course no luggage as it was already re-routed and person at ticket counter at 2 am did not have access into the "holding" area. Traveling with my sister we were left in Chicago 2am - no hotel - no luggage- no vouchers- just be back in morning for 8 am flight to Peoria. United could do so much better with customer service - none of the United attendants seem to be concerned about a flight filled with unhappy customers - they just repeat their scripted message. The attendant at the end handing out flight information was rude to anyone who asked a question.

United Airlines customer review

My husband and daughter had nothing but troubles with their recent flights. Part of their flight home (a 50 min flight from Chicago to Green Bay) was cancelled with no alternatives. They ended up having to rent a car to get home in time for the next day of work and school. United did not offer any compensation for the cancelled flight nor the car rental. Their customer service lacked immensely and the communication on the flight cancellation was obsolete. We will never fly with United again!