United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

I recently traveled from Arkansas where I was visiting my family back to Honolulu HI where I am currently stationed in the US Air Force. On the last flight as I was boarding I was informed that my seat had been moved. When booking the flight I paid extra to have an exit row aisle seat because I have bad knees and needed the extra leg room. I was instead placed in the middle seat of a non exit row. The staff made no explanation regarding my seat change did not offer their apologies and did not seem to have any concern over the money I had lost paying for a seat that I did not end up having. I am extremely frustrated with this service and will encourage all of my friends to fly with a different airline. This kind of treatment is unacceptable.

United Airlines customer review

First class sure isn't what it used to be. On a round trip from Dulles to Vegas both times they ran out of cereal before they took my breakfast order so all they had to offer were some nasty eggs broccoli casserole and dried out croissants. Apparently they only stock enough cereal for 1/2 of first class? Really? For a $1378 ticket I want my freaking cereal not food poisoning. The clincher was that they charge first class passengers for wi-fi access. They should be ashamed. Only a half notch above economy if that much.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

SYD-SFO-SYD: Flew in late September. I got the same plane for both legs of the journey which looks rather old. There appears to be more Economy Plus seats than Economy seats. Plane had a dodgy IFE for the entire section of seats I was seating. My own AVOD was jammed and could not be reset. Food was barely edible for dinner but it got better for breakfast and drinks were forthcoming. Legroom was okay. From the US leg I had to use the kiosk to check in but it refused to print my ticket and required a staff to assist me. I was disappointed with quality of the airline overall because I would have expected US-based airlines to have a superior standard. If you are flying on a budget this may be for you but otherwise you might want to look elsewhere.

United Airlines customer review

Our flight from Boston to Denver was delayed by an hour. We approached the service desk in Boston when notified about the delay because we had a very short layover on our way to Seattle. We were told all connecting flights would be fine and that they would make up the time in the air. It wasn't until we were almost to Denver that they bothered to inform us of the added time to the flight and we arrived just in time to see our next plane depart. They did put us up in a hotel for free and got us on the next flight out the next morning only to have that plane stop mid-takeoff due to a plane malfunction. If the staff had been gracious and accommodating during this nightmare it might not have been so bad but they had the nerve to tell us it was our fault for not having a longer layover (as if we had a choice). Never flying with United again if we ever get back to Seattle.

United Airlines customer review

SFO-LAS short flight on a 737 - flight departed about 25mins late arrived a bit late seats comfortable for a short flight. The flight did what it said on the tin. However in my years of flying I've seen nothing like it! Onboard no crew at the door sat down and noticed people across from me put three large bags by their feet and then put tray tables down to cover them. Crew failed to spot this on a few occasions but eventually did ask 'can you put your tray table up' walked away before they seeing the bags. Crew served drinks by just looking at you no thank you no hello nothing! The flight had a free gift of cards given out - thrown at you of course. On leaving the flight the crew were at the front chatting. First time I've flown United is the last based on crew attitude - no smile no communication.

United Airlines customer review

My husband and daughter had nothing but troubles with their recent flights. Part of their flight home (a 50 min flight from Chicago to Green Bay) was cancelled with no alternatives. They ended up having to rent a car to get home in time for the next day of work and school. United did not offer any compensation for the cancelled flight nor the car rental. Their customer service lacked immensely and the communication on the flight cancellation was obsolete. We will never fly with United again!

United Airlines customer review

Tel Aviv to Newark in Business Class. Security was quick but the airline did check for beverages in the carry-on bags as I entered the 777-200 airplane don't purchase drinks for the flight. One hour forty-five minutes after a smooth take-off they turned off the fasten seatbelt sign but then turned it back on four minutes later. A recorded message said "Ladies and Gentlemen the captain has turned on the fasten seatbelt sign. Please make sure your seatbelt is securely fastened". The flight attendants then repeated the message in English and Hebrew. This happened five more times during the 12 hour flight which made sleeping difficult. Breakfast was served one hour before landing and the flight attendants did a great job. It would be nice if they could turn down the volume of the recorded message as it made sleeping difficult.

United Airlines customer review

I am currently sitting on a brand new United Airlines plane using their "United Airlines WiFi Beta". First off I am sitting in front of an exit row. I was never notified that my chair will not recline. Why did United notify me when I was selecting my seat? Next question why does United Airlines WiFi Beta not allow video streaming? GoGo WiFi works very well given the circumstances of being inflight when streaming videos. If you are going to force your passengers to use your WiFi please offer a superior solution than what currently exists or just use GoGo or another service that already does a great job. Why was I not notified that this brand new plane would not have TVs? I expected to have TVs in a brand new plane. If these new planes must have so many hours to be certified before TVs can be installed why do passengers not receive a discount on the flight and notified before purchasing the ticket? I feel like the staff the plane and the overall experience is geared to "securing" your safety which is great but every airline does that. Please don't use "my safety" as an excuse to give poor service. I can hop on a safe flight with any airline I want an airline who thinks of the small things that I mentioned above. They have the capital they have the people how do they miss the small things I mentioned above?

United Airlines customer review

Newark to Munich in Business Class with a rude Continental crew. When I plugged in my headset which was located behind me my tablecloth came off my tray and the flight attendant said "your making a mess." When I got up to use the toilet in the back of the Business Class cabin the toilet was occupied so I waited in the aisle because I know flight United flight attendants don't like people waiting in their galley. With a hand motion the flight attendant told me to move back another few inches. Breakfast was served 1.5 hours before landing. The fasten seatbelt sign had been on for five hours straight and passengers were told to prepare for landing. The plane was still at 36000 feet and there was still 40 minutes before landing. Within one minute the flight attendant was moving my seat to the landing position and said "your not paying attention." It doesn't take 40 minutes to prepare for a smooth landing. If you are looking for a pilot that says I'll be turning the fasten seatbelt sign on soon for landing so if you need to use the restroom now would be a good time to do this don't pick this airline.

United Airlines customer review

Took an economy class flight from Burlington to Bogota with a stop in Newark. On the flight over from Newark to Bogota a 6 hour flight the AC was on full blast I was freezing so I asked the flight attendant for a blanket told that they don't provide blankets or pillows. They don't provide food on the flight! A 6 hour international flight without food is unacceptable they want you to pay 10$ for poor quality plane food. On top of all of the above mentioned you have to pay for inflight entertainment 7.50$ for 4 hours! In summary I had a 6 hour flight with no food no entertainment and freezing up.