United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

Since the late 80's I have been flying UA for business and pleasure and it has been a roller coaster ride. Having switched to another carrier for the last couple of years due to truly awful reliability and missing customer meetings I thought I would give UA another chance on a trip from Denver to Paris. How hard could it be? Get on the DEN-ORD flight allowing 2.5 hours in ORD to make the transfer to the ORD-CDG flight. The trip occurred 10 days after the control center fire and calls to UA customer service a couple of days prior to our trip confirmed things were working well again in ORD. The origin flight in DEN was the continuation of a SEA-DEN leg and that plane arrived right on time. The departure for ORD showed on time so we went to the gate to find another on time message on the board. Boarding time came and went with a last minute 15 minute delay. No problem I thought we had plenty of time in ORD. Soon another delay showed up on the gate monitor now we were 30 minutes late should I be worried? How much worse could it get and where was the Seattle aircraft that had made it to Denver on time? Soon another delay with the bottom line of just over an hour. Finally we boarded and pushed back and sat and sat and sat for another 15 minutes when a mechanical problem was announced. At this point it was clear we would miss the Paris connection and we went to the long lines at Customer Service to see what we could do. UA moved us to the later Lufthansa Frankfurt non-stop with CDG connection and said they would transfer our bags. (Of course no bags the next morning in CDG and UA blamed it on Lufthansa). Bags showed up 3 days later and we found out that UA sent them to ORD on a later flight. All this is very sad as the customer service people are trying hard to make their system work but are hamstrung by continued incompetent management. Once again we are riding the competition who are not perfect but much better than UA.

United Airlines customer review

October 10 LIS-EWR. After arrival at our departure gate I thought I was at a wrong one after looking at the aircraft parked at the gate. To my astonishment I was about to make an 8-hour transcontinental flight on an ancient Boeing 737-200 whose regular use in domestic routes was phased out in 2008. United wouldn't be United without some kind of delay so there was a 30-minute hold. The flight was relatively smooth. Staff appeared to be seasoned but lacking courteousness with one having a condescending attitude and curt tone. Meals were hardly edible - I would say they were the worst of many kinds I have had. Overall I rate my experience with United below average and will try to avoid my future journeys with this airline.

United Airlines customer review

I was horribly dissatisfied with my experience using United Airlines. I was traveling to the states for Thanksgiving weekend and was delayed 3 hours on my first flight due to "late inbound aircraft" and again for my connecting flight another 2 hours due to the same reason. Looking back the last 4 times I have traveled with United this has been the reason. There was no weather leaving Montreal or Chicago. Then again on my return flight I was delayed 2.5 hours and 4 hours on my connecting flight. When I finally got to my final destination at 2 am after 12 hours of traveling which should have taken a total of 6 I waited 45 minutes for my checked luggage. When I asked why we were waiting for so long the United representative told me there were two flights coming in from Chicago and they wanted to put the luggage out all at the same time. I've never heard of this happening and several other passengers and I thought this was unreasonable. Our flight landed several hours late why should we have to wait even longer for another flight to land deplane and unload their baggage. I will avoid flying with United again simply because they did nothing but say "sorry" and essentially ruined what would have been a very enjoyable weekend with my family.

United Airlines customer review

Went ORD-DCA-ORD overall flights were okay although both were delayed. On my outbound flight there was also a delay because of a seat being broken on the aircraft and subsequently it seemed the flight was either overbooked or not completely ready to depart by the scheduled time due to some confusion with seating arrangements.

United Airlines customer review

Sat waiting for maintenance and cleaning crews for over an hour. Sat in hot plane for all that time. More ground crew accountability is badly needed. This was just the tail end of our trip. Flights from home were delayed. We have people counting on our arrival for childcare. Unbelievable disorganization of different crews in Houston New Orleans and Illinois.

United Airlines customer review

We were traveling Business class from Newark to Las Vegas on Sept 26th. Apparently the definition of Business class offered by United differs from any other airline out there. When traveling economy I normally bring my own bottle of water and buy some food in the airport. This time given that I had paid 3 times as much for a Business class ticket and also remembering what it means worldwide I did not bring anything of my own. What a mistake! When I asked for a glass of water while plane was still boarding an extremely rude flight attendant asked me: "Do you really want it now?". Again United definition of a Business class does not include providing enough food for everyone. I have never encounter such unprofessional behavior in any service industry - and air travel belongs to a service industry last time I checked. In Business class provided by United you are paying for some extra leg room and nothing more. I will never fly this airline again.

United Airlines customer review

SFO-HKG-SGN-HKG-SFO in Economy Plus. The B744 to and from Hong Kong was clean and well-maintained but showing its age-especially in the lack of IFE. However in both directions the crews were very good with lots of passenger interaction and presence in the cabin. They were HK based and very international in composition. The crews to/from SGN were even better-old Continental Mic staff based in Guam. I had exit row seats on all legs and found the legroom to be fine and the seat OK--but on such long segments no seat in economy is really "comfortable". The food was OK-could have been better with just a few additional touches-but no real complaints. The lounge in HK is fantastic-head and shoulders above anything in the US which made for a nice interlude. Overall an acceptable performance.

United Airlines customer review

IAD-SAV-IAD 29 Sept to Savannah and 13 Oct return to Washington Dulles. We have used United Express on their small Embraer and CRJ200 Aircraft many times before when flying to Savannah from Newark Chicago Washington etc. Always been perfectly OK and usually on time and surprisingly comfortable. No IFE supplied and no refreshments purchased but then again they are only short flights. But this time having booked our flights we were offered Economy Plus seats when we came to choose our seats for $28 each per flight. We duly chose this option and paid only for the aircraft on the outward flight to be changed. The replacement aircraft had no Economy Plus seats - no refund came until I chased this through there refund system. Worse still the return flight was on the original aircraft which never had Economy Plus seats in the first place. I will fly United Express again as they still do the job we want them to do but - if you can't provide the product you are selling then don't take people's money under false pretences.

United Airlines customer review

United Airlines should be ashamed of itself! Terrible airline and awful customer service! I understand why the airline is the way it is with all the outsourcing being reported on the news. The regional aircraft operating as United Express are old. Those planes are at least 30+ years old! I'm sick of this airline. Always delays cancellations never a flight crew as well as various air traffic issues You spend thousands of dollars with them and they treat there Premier customers as trash. From now on I am a proud JetBlue customer or even Delta!

United Airlines customer review

UA flight 34 KIX-SFO 15 Oct14. No more peanuts etc no alcoholic drink with meal (I don't care for it) lavatory in back of seats 25A-C has self-closing lids which would not stay up (the automatic flusher worked). I asked for decaf coffee twice never saw a drop. I tried the attendant call button: it rang and the blue light went on: no one showed up the light went out some time later. The food was close to inedible the breakfast sandwich(?) concoction quite a mess. Why oh why doesn't ANA fly this route non-stop? The tone of the authoritative-voice announcements (recorded) was annoying. The flight was good pilot talk fine landing almost smooth. One-star marks below are overly generous.