Thai Airways

(Philippines)

MNL-BKK-MNL. Fast check-in in both airports and had an organized system of boarding. The flight went pretty well as expected. Flight crews were efficient and prepared and had plenty of smiles. The Inflight entertainment options were pretty limited but fairly good for a 3 hour flight. Food is great. Two of the flight attendants on our return trip clearly manifest hospitality and the feeling of "thanks for flying with us".

(Thailand)

Having submitted a less than positive review of my Bangkok Paris business class trip I am bound to do the same for my return. Alas the same problems: thin and uncomfortable seat poor selection of newspapers and magazines on board (is it so difficult to stock more than Bangkok Post IHT and Fin Times along with Time and golf mags? The airport itself was busting with reading material) and the food my wife and I agreed was simply inedible. My beef was too hard to cut accompanied by poor roast potatoes and a selection of tasteless cheeses. Staff were okay and there were many spare seats. Poor Thai: once a great airline.

Thai Airways customer review

Couldn't have been happier with our return flights from London Heathrow to Bangkok. The seats were colourful and attractive with plenty of legroom and width. They were laid out in a 2-4-2 formation so we didn't have to clamber over anyone else to get out for the toilet or to stretch our legs. The food was varied and delicious with an attractive menu handed out in advance. Plenty of many films on offer and the staff were friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend this airline and the economy class experience.

(Thailand)

LHR-BKK. New years eve flight and the crew clearly wished they were celebrating. Was the only down point of the journey - no smiles. But food drinks in flight entertainment and comfort in Economy were all very good! Would fly with Thai again.

(Thailand)

Flew Bangkok Paris direct. Seats while they extended into flat beds were narrow and uncomfortable. Main gripe was the food (and poor wine selection). Lunch was barely okay while dinner was simply inedible: some horrible looking mess of noodles chicken and off-white sauce. My comments to steward were met with a familiar and wry nod. Yes he agreed service and food had declined over the years. Thai simply isn't a premium business class service anymore.

Thai Airways customer review

London - Bangkok 4-5 times a year for the past 10 years business class on TG917 and TG916. I am a gold card member and would add that I am 6ft and 20st. My main gripe is that since the A340-600 has been introduced the level of service has gone downhill in my opinion due to the increase in seat capacity but same level of staff. The importance seems to be on serving rolls steward comes round numerous times whereas the wine serving is sparse and never served with the meal which is a shame as it is very palatable especially the white. The Thai lounge is much better than the London lounge. Films can vary a lot but in the main tend to be American. Seating at my weight is never going to be that comfortable. Overall I will still fly Thai but please you need to improve the service at least to how it use to be.

Thai Airways customer review

London to Bangkok. My husband and I travel a lot usually economy and I find economy on Thai one of the best. Boarding went very quick and was well organised. Aircraft was very clean and everything functioning. The food was very good with plenty of soft and alcoholic drinks throughout the flight. Cabin crew helpful smiling and friendly. My husband is quite tall but even he found the seats reasonably comfortable. Entertainment was fine good selection of movies and music. Overall very good experience could not fault on anything and I would definitely recommend.

Thai Airways customer review

Took new A380 from BKK to Tokyo. Long queues at check in and limited self service available. Plane boarding was well organized and executed. New plane is delightful - seat really comfortable with good pitch. IFE touch screen with great selection and very easy to navigate. Food and service good. Really pleasant flight.

Thai Airways customer review

Flight from Mumbai to Hong Kong via Bangkok. Check in at Mumbai was smooth - we got the seats we reserved. Flight out to Bangkok was on an old 747-400. No PTV on board and pretty old aircraft. Flight from BKK-HKG and return much better on A380. Food a bit disappointing on this sector. Return from BKK-BOM was much better with a newer aircraft with PTV's on board. Staff on all sectors were pleasant but not anything exceptional.

Thai Airways customer review

SIN-BKK B777 BKK-KIX A330. I find economy on Thai to be one of the best and have no hesitation in recommending them. Both flights on time crew extremely friendly food was ample and entertainment sufficient. I did notice the B777 SIN-BKK was a little more cramped compared to their long haul offering but I put this down to a shorter route config. The A330 to Osaka was very spacious. Crew are wonderful and requests are carried out with courtesy.