Thai Airways

"I did expect better"

Trip Verified | This was my first time flying since COVID and I was a little disappointed. The aircraft was only just over 6 years old and wasn’t in the best kept condition. Economy was quite empty on this flight. You could see that the airline had spread passengers about which was great as you have to do a PCR test upon arrival. Food was lovely I must admit. If you wanted anything outside of service it was a long wait, although staff were pleasant. No WiFi, which I was surprised at. Don’t get me wrong it’s not the bee all and end all. The convenience on a direct flight is always a key factor when flying, but I did expect better. It wasn’t horrific, but just wasn’t what I’ve come to expect from Thai Airways.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2022

"chasing refund with no response"

Trip Verified | We booked our trip to fly to Chennai, India on 8th Jan 2922 and to return journey via Bangkok on 21st Jan. From Dec2021 we were contacted by Thai Airways infirming us of changing flight schedule multiple times, different versions in the morning which would be changed in the evening. Frustrated with these changes and uncertainty in their schedule we asked for cancellation. This was orally agreed. They also informed us refund will come through in 8 weeks time. We sent a cancellation request in email too. .. no response to that though. We have been chasing refund with no response, neither an email response or on phone.
RouteSydney to Bangkok via Chennai
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Very nice staff"

Not Verified | Very nice staff, they are polite and helpful, Service is a bit slow, but its fine. Inflight entertainment system is not laggy and is good. The food and beverages are amazing. Seat is a bit uncomfortable (in economy). But everything else is good. I definitely recommend this airline.
RouteDelhi to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"be careful with your purchases with Thai Airways"

Trip Verified | A week ago I received an email notifying me that Thai Airway changed the first leg of my flight returning to France on 30 April 2022 with up to 14hr layover. My original flight left Phnom Penh at 21.15 pm, arrived in Bangkok at 22.55pm and connected to the following long flight to Paris departing at 00.05 am. And now the proposed change means I am supposed to leave Phnom Penh at 9.40 am, meaning 12 hours before than planned and with the prospect of spending 14 hours in the Bangkok airport waiting for my next flight to Paris! As you can imagine, this is highly crazy because I won't be allowed to leave the airport given that Thailand has one of the most restrictive covid-related policies for travellers. I wrote straight away to Thai Airways' customer service seeking for a solution and for a week they have not answered my emails. This is not admissible, please be careful with your purchases with Thai Airways.
RoutePhnom Penh to Paris via Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2022

"never felt so frustrated and helpless"

Trip Verified | The worst Customer service ever. I understand my flight got cancelled multiple times and I was forced to stay in Thailand for 24 hours on my expenses because my mom was getting her surgery done and I had no choice but to do that to reach to my home country on time. On my return my ticket again got cancelled multiple times, I told the customer care to arrange something for me as I have to go back and start a new job and if I will not be back on tie, I will end up losing it but I got no response at all. I sent multiple emails to customer care to organise my refund on time so I can at least by myself another ticket but they sent no response. They finally acknowledged my email and said this is wrong department and send it to Sydney customer service instead of pro actively taking its responsibility. It has been 2 long months, I would have sent them so many email for the return of the money but they have not acknowledged me. I will never travel with THAI again for the unprofessional behavior they have shown. I am sure there will be many people out there suffering like me because of there laid back attitude or not taking customers seriously. I have never felt so frustrated and helpless.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi via Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2021

"not satisfied with the service"

Not Verified | I'm not satisfied with the service of this airline. I paid for a flex flight ticket and changed my flight twice. I had to pay each time and ended up paying more than if i had just booked single flights. What's the point of paying more for a flex ticket if you end up not being able to change flights free if charge.
RouteZürich to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2021

"very satisfied with the flight"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Very good service. Very friendly and caring flight attendants. The aircraft was new and clean. Toilets were always clean. Food was delicious. Overall, very satisfied with the flight.
RouteBangkok to Taipei
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"They took care everything"

Not Verified | On the Flight from London to BKK on Feb 01,2022 I lost the wallet in the plane. I do not know how to speak English as well. I would like say thank to the Lost & found department as well as Thai Airways team who found the Wallet and brought the wallet to the Gate, as I transit in BKK then take another Airlines to Vietnam. They are amazing and supportive. They took care everything. I just need to wait for them in boarding gate then they brought the wallet for me.
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"crew were attentive, courteous, professional"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I flew Thai before covid and with the threat of bankruptcy cancelled most flights to Europe. I was devastated when they stopped all flights. Although some European airlines I have used are generally good (flight crews), Thai has always stood out for me for the quality of their crew and service. And a big call out to the Milan Thai customer call centre who were the best and most efficient people I talked to. Fast response, polite and proactive unlike many others. This flight on 10th February from Malpensa to Frankfurt (Lufthansa) to Bangkok was superb. The crew were attentive, courteous, professional and worked as a team. The landing as my seat neighbor also stated was gentle just like its staff. Food and alcoholic drinks were limited in choice but this is a great airline that is starting to recover. Thank you for this great experience. I am glad you are back and wish you strength and success. I have just booked a flight back to Europe with you.
RouteMilan to Frankfurt via Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"been 1 month they are ignoring"

Trip Verified | I book a Thai airways ticket fro Kathmandu to Sydney, I got a notice later that trip from Kathmandu to Bangkok was cancelled. Later know that Thai airways was never operating from Kathmandu to Bangkok now day. I asked a refund but it has been 1 month they are ignoring.
RouteKathmandu to Sydney