Thai Airways

"Everything was pleasant and relaxing"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Aircraft had her years but was well kept. Friendly welcome, seat was standard business with pillow, blanket and amenity kit with slippers. Unfortunately, there were no pajamas. In the side socket were the earphones. There was no inflight magazine due to covid. Also there was no Menu but the crew came and explains what they can prepare for us and I made my selection. I asked for wine list but she said she will present them to me with the carriage. After while another member of the crew came with the warm towel. IFE was good, screen is big enough and the selection of the movies was a little outdated. There was no wifi option (due to aircraft?) After departure, service started. First arrived the nuts with appetizes and champagne. Then the first plate was a macaroni salad with chicken. My main dish was served which I had selected fish and she presented me the wines. I picked red (because I like, should pick white with fish). Two members of the crew came to bring the fruit with cheeses and I had to pick a red strong wine. Finally dessert with coffee and brandy was served. After that had to check the lavatory and get ready for nap. By the time I returned, my seat was turned to a bed and bedding was set for me. A bottle of water arrived to follow me to sleep. I played with the IFE and soon I was snoozed. One hour before arrival they start awakening the passengers to ready them for the second serving. It was tasty with flavor of Thailand. Another warm towel arrived and we were ready for landing. Everything was pleasant and relaxing. Great service. Excellent crew.
RouteSydney to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Pleasant experience but could be better"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Pleasant experience with nice and clean Boeing 777. Seat had a decent legroom and the seating part was moving forward giving you an extra reclining feeling. Very comfortable, on the seat was a blanket and earphones, NO pillow. Pity they do not have inflight magazine due to covid, (same excuse to save money and weight, a lot of airlines are using the same excuse). IFE was good but a little outdated selection of movies. I found a couple movies to keep me busy. No welcome drink offered. After takeoff service started (two option) which was tasty with selection of wine, beer and drinks. No ice-cream for desert. During flight the crew was passing by with little bottles of water for the passengers. At the galley there were some sandwiches and drinks during the flight. No amenity kit and at the WC were toothbrushes and hand cream. One hour before landing the second meal was served also two options. Pleasant experience but could be better.
RouteBangkok to Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2022

"This airline does not respect passenger’s time"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Awful airline, I have been waiting for another passenger from another airline for almost one hour, is that make sense for all passengers on board have to wait another passenger like that? This airline does not respect passenger’s time. I have missed one of my meetings.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai

"Very friendly crew"

Not Verified | Fantastic flight, one of the smoothest flights ever. Very friendly crew, always polite and ready to help. Food for plane food nice, I had a vegetarian meal.
RouteZurich to Perth via Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2022

"pay additional baggage fees"

Trip Verified | This is my first time to fly Thai Airways and it will be my last. Due to the fact that I am traveling for an extended period of time I had to bring clothes for the various times of the year, fully expecting that I would have to pay additional baggage fees since I have 2 checked bags weighing in at approximately 20kg each and 1 carry-on bag. When I went to add my additional bag with Thai Airways it was over $201 USD, I will never fly Thai again.
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2022

"still the same old awful service"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Nothing changes Thai airways are still awful! We arrive at the airport check in, through fast track as we are flying business, all pretty uneventful as you would expect on a premium ticket. We are flying from gate C8 and follow the signs to the Thai lounge at C Gates, a 600m walk, to find they are closed, so we walk the return journey 600m back to the lounge we passed 10 - 15 mins before, that is open at D gates. We ask why we weren’t told by the check in staff that only the lounge at D gates is open; apparently it has been shut for ages and they keep asking the check in staff to tell passengers but they don’t! Anyone at Thai airways heard of a sign? Simple 5 minute job! By the way lovely lounge, but the same awful TG service. Nothing changes. We then get to the gate to see a queue 50m long to board, no priority line for Business class passengers. Apparently they call them on first and then it is a free for all… So the business class passengers lucky enough to have made it to the lounge, who don’t arrive to be at the head of the queue wait in line, or have to push themselves to the front - embarrassing and awkward for them/us nothing changes! Beautiful lounge TG but nothing changes, still the same old awful service, lack of thought and care for your passengers! How can you still get it so wrong?
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Service attitude lacking"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | No lounge access at Mumbai even for business class (only TG class does not provide this. All other airlines provide) No amenities. No even a pair or socks No champagne (they did offer a cheap and disgusting Prosecco) No food or drink menus. Just a verbal and mechanical choice provided. Service attitude lacking big time. Cabin condition left a lot to be desired. Not going to fly TG business class unless I have no other option.
AircraftA350-900
RouteMumbai to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"still maintain good standards in service"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | During the pandemic, many airlines went through hardship, Thai Airways was no exception. The service in the Y class is kept to the bare minimum, cost cutting was apparent too in the catering area. However, they do still maintain good standards in service, and meal were decent enough despite smaller portion, on plastic cutlery. As a star alliance gold member, priority boarding, luggage delivery and excess luggage allowance were all delivered. Overall, it's still a good experience in their short haul flights, anything less than 3 hours.
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"reputation from the past is fading"

Trip Verified | Another airline whose reputation from the past is fading. The flight from Copenhagen to Bangkok was canceled shortly before boarding. Unfortunately, the passengers were not rebooked on other flights, but had to spend the night in a hotel in Copenhagen. The issue of vouchers for transfer and hotel accommodation was very chaotic. The flight was then operated again the next day with 1 hour delay to the scheduled departure time. Cabin crew was friendly but all other assets were below par. For example, there were no menus in business class, the amendment kit had very basic content, the IFE offered little selection of current films, liquid residue from the predecessor was still stuck to the side wall and the seat was already showing signs of wear. There was also no Wifi available. The food was all served on a tray with no tablecloth and the quality of the food was average. Gone are the days at Thai, when there was an orchid for every passenger and everything was done with a smile. Too bad. I will certainly not book business class with Thai in the near future.
RouteCopenhagen to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"The flight was not that great"

Not Verified | Delhi to Bangkok. The flight was not that great, very less legroom. It even got delayed by 30 mins but that's not a big deal. Seat wasn't that comfortable and the service was very slow. The staff was nice and friendly. In flight entertainment had very little variety of things, they need to add more. Food was okay, but not bad. I wouldn't say it was bad but it wasn't great either. Average airline.
RouteDelhi to Bangkok