Thai Airways

"kind flight attendants"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. Flying with Thai airways International was an amazing experience, even, when I was in economy class. We have kind flight attendants and very good meal on both my flights from Vienna to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and back. Recommend it
RouteVienna to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Manila to Bangkok was cancelled"

Trip Verified | London to Manila via Bangkok. I had the reservation to fly back on 2nd February 2020. My flight on the 2nd of Feb 2020 from Manila to Bangkok was cancelled after several hours of delays. Passengers including me were allowed inside the aircraft and made to wait for a long time before it was cancelled. We were not given proper updates while we waited at the gate to board the aircraft. Only a ground staff when I asked personally, told me that there is a fuel leak and the engineers were working to fix the problem. The departure was scheduled for 1910 hours. At around 2100 hours, we were given a sandwich each and a drink. Then, for the next eight hours (0500 Hours on 3rd Feb 2020), I had not had another drink. We were made to wait for hours for the bus to take us to the hotel. Bus took over an hour to depart from the airport. After reaching the hotel, it took another hour or more to get us into the lobby of the hotel, as we were told to remain in the bus. Some people got out to buy snacks against your staff’s instructions. At 0500 I got into my hotel room. Breakfast was open from 6am. We were told to check out of the rooms by 2pm and the flight was supposed to leave at 5pm. We waited until 3:30pm at the lobby of the hotel to be boarded on the bus. After boarding the bus, the driver sat doing nothing. After waiting for over 45 minutes, I asked the driver, what are you waiting for. He said, airline staff. Then he got out of the bus, walked to the reception, returned in 2 minutes and drove us to the airport. There were no airline staff and there were no more passengers waiting for transportation to go to the airport. We just sat in the bus for someone to give the driver directions as what to do next. The flight departed at 1910 hours (7:10PM) on the 3rd Feb 2020, 24 hours later than it was supposed to. Never once I saw a senior Thai Airways personnel. I saw a few ground crew who were inexperienced and some unruly passengers intimidated them by their rude behaviour.
RouteManila to Heathrow via Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"their crew are very nice"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Jakarta. Thai Airways for me its a good flight, from the inflight service i really like it. I had worst experience with one of the ground staff Check-in last month, and I hope my next flight experience will never happened like.. For the inflight services i like their food served very tasty, also their crew are very nice, polite and more communicative to passengers. Also the cabin ambience is very nice and neat.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBangkok to Jakarta

"Cannot fault staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Taipei with Thai Airways. Part of a Star alliance Journey. The plane was empty due to virus issues in Asia. The seat was comfortable and the service good, as one would expect with only 40 people on the plane. Western Breakfast poor, wrong choice. In-flight entertainment was adequate. Cannot fault staff.
RouteBangkok to Taipei

"Great experience overall"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. Flight was quite short for only 2 hours or less so it's understandable they serve food right after we took off. Food was good (I had chicken and my friend had prawn rice) though portion was a bit small. The dessert was quite good. The crew service was also quite great with friendliness and politeness (though misunderstanding may occur as some staff doesn't speak good English). We boarded a Boeing 777 so obviously seating was quite good. probably cuz of the flu season there're not so many passengers so it felt very spacious. A bonus point for the crew was that they knew about this and try to separate individual passengers far away from each other to get more comfort. Seat can be reclined quite easy, no major technical fault. IFE is quite up-to-date with basic movies package and also game. Though in some seats the IFE may not work. Great experience overall. Thai airways has proven me that they're a good airline just like how people think about them. If possible I'd like to fly with them again whenever going for another Bangkok adventure or even better a transit to another place.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"A bit of a disappointing flight"

Trip Verified | A bit of a disappointing flight from Paris CDG to Bangkok. The business cabin was old, seats worn-out, minuscule screens. A seating arrangment without an inch of privacy (vis a vis the alley and fellow travellers) if you were allocated odd number sats. To make it short, an old cabin that looks really outdated compared to its peers such as Qatar, Emirates, Etihad or Oman Air. Service & cabin crew are friendly, corteous and efficient. On the other hand, wines are second rated, and again, the selection can't stand comparison with mentioned newer competition. Same for the food, not bad, but not really appealing - a bit too much frozen/heated dinner from your supermaket frozen section. "Of course" no onboard wifi, 20 years ago Thai Airways was the asian excellency or close to, today competition makes it look a bit cheap and under retrofitted to new standards. Don't get me wrong, will fly again but only if fare is really good. Will prefer MEA airlines when possible & convenient (at least this flight was non-stop).
RouteParis CDG to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"make money through coronavirus"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok, The service and aircraft is fine, not great but acceptable, however their customer care and way they are trying to make money through the coronavirus is unacceptable. Needed to fly to Melbourne from Bangkok with Thai but unfortunately due to an official advice, tried to delay the flight for 10 days due to the coronavirus concerns of the university. When tried to change the departure date by 10 days due to this reason (asked for no additional charge due to the health emergency), they asked to pay for this one way return flight to pay additional 25% of the total flight price (both legs) - this is just unacceptable to make profit on a health crisis! When trying again at the second customer care email, did not even got a reply till today.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the service is degraded"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Copenhagen. Its not usual that I choose to fly Thai Airways but I chose Thai this time because of my elderly parents and a direct flight. Normally I would fly Qatar from Europe to Bangkok and vice versa. The service onboard was rushed on a 11 hours 45 minutes flight. We are traveling with Thai air during the virus outbreak so all crew have mask on but When you have mask on, passengers cant see your smile. The crew I encountered were arrogant to me. The seats are good for me but they need to upgrade the screen though. The touchscreen display is not responsive, the contents are good. Comparing Thai Airways 15 years ago and now, the service is degraded.
RouteBangkok to Copenhagen
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"competent Thai Airways staff"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Flew Hanoi to Bangkok on B777-200 4th February 2020. Initial routing was from Guangzhou China. Had huge problems in Hanoi airport as my flights to-from China were suspended due to Corona, so I had to rebook tickets in last Minute at check-in counters in Hanoi. Fortunately, competent Thai Airways staff and station manager helped me through as my ticket, which involved other airlines beyond BKK, was complicated and furthermore issued by a non-responsive OTA. Eventually, I paid cash 179 USD for a complicated ticket change which was OK despite I then accepted a downgrade from business to economy class. Inboard, food was fabulous to my taste (grilled snapper with rice mixture), and I managed to get 4 portions as there were plenty leftovers - many people don’t like fish. Other, tasty dish was creamy stewed chicken, also very good. Drinks provided and plenty, alcoholic as well though these were very hidden, not displayed on trolleys, and only discretely handed out. Bus gating in Bangkok from aircraft to terminal was an anti-climax of and otherwise very good trip.
RouteHanoi to Bangkok

"Planes look very dated"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Bangkok. Both flights on time. Note there is no more Thai lounge in Taipei, but they use Plaza Premium, which looks nice, but lacks in food and beverage offerings. As for the food on board - some good, but one beef meal had really dry and tough meat. Planes look very dated. Service was, however, gracious and professional.
RouteTaipei to Bangkok