Thai Airways

"traveling with an extra 20kg of luggage"

Trip Verified | Perth to Kathmandu via Bangkok. I was traveling with an extra 20kg of luggage. Thai Airways charged me $55 / kg of extra baggage on my way to Nepal. How is this legal? I was stuck at the checkout counter, trying to figure out if it was cheaper to book a new flight on Singapore Air 2 hours before departure. I asked if I could buy another ticket, which was ~$300 USD, and they explained that it didn't work that way because their database can't handle duplicate name entries. Then I had to contemplate which pieces of luggage I could keep and which to throw away. So the cost of my trip tripled due to this baggage policy. When I got back to the US, I was unable to get anyone from customer service on the phone, and email responses were unhelpful and unsympathetic.
RoutePerth to Kathmandu via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2019

"They are not responding"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Manila to Oslo via Bangkok. was stuck on the tarmac in Manila for 2.5 hours without information from the captain. Finally get to Bangkok to see my connecting flight to Oslo has left. Thai schedules me on a new flight 24 hours later. I'm told to go to an hotel paid by Thai. I decide I want to take an earlyer flight the same morning. Finnair had a flight going out, but first I have to pick up my luggage. I wait for the luggage by the belt. But it doesn't arrive. I stand in line for the luggage desk. They can't find it and sends me to an Thai luggage service office at the same floor. They can't find my luggage but they can help me with a new ticket. They book me on a finnair to Oslo via Helsinki 08:55 same day and they will have my luggage. I'm good with that so I'm told to go down to 2nd floor, 5th exit, and someone from Thai will meet me there. There is no 5th exit on the 2nd floor. 1st floor has one so I go there. No one from Thai there. I go up to 4th floor to the ticket office. Wait 30 more minutes and they get a guy that follows me back down to 1st floor, 5th exit, and in to a minivan, off to the hotell. I sleep for 2 hours take a shower and head back to the airport to catch the finnair flight. I stand in the check-in line for over an hour. When I get to the desk there is a problem. They can't find my ticket. They say Thai has made a mistake and tells me to take this with Thai. I run to the Thai ticket office and they say the problem lies with finnair and that they have booked the ticket. I run back to  finnair check-in and they say Thai has made a mistake and that the flight is full. I go back to Thai ticket office, they don't know what to do so they call for someone in management. I wait in the ticket office for 55 min. A guy from a hotel shows up and sais everything is fine, come with me. This is where I get agitated. Absolutely nothing about this is fine. They tell me to go with the man and call a number they gave me. I get to the hotel and call the number. The man answering the phone cuts me off as I try to speak to him, he tells me that I have to go down to the reception and tell the them to call him up. When I ask why, he just repeats himself. So I go down to the reception and tell them to call the number. No one is answering. Turns out the Thai clerk had written down the wrong number. Hopefully things will get better when I wake up from this Thai Air Nightmare. Have tried to get in touch with customer care for one month now. They are not responding.
RouteManila to Oslo via Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2019

"I liked Thai Airways"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Sydney via Bangkok. I liked Thai Airways and it took less time to go to Bangkok and Sydney. Entertainment section was good as well.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 747
RouteDelhi to Sydney via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2019

"Cabin crew is very good"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Tokyo Haneda. This is my favourite Airline. Onboard catering is good. Seat pitch is 34 inch and seat width is 18 inch (seat very comfort). Cabin crew is very good. inflight entertainment is have to much of movie and to much of music. I recommend Thai Airways.
RouteBangkok to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownMay 2019

"Flight was 43 mins late"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Munich. Worst experience ever. Flight was 43 mins late, so disappointing and frustrating. At the checkin I asked for a seat at the emergency exit, they told me to ask the staff at the gate. I did that, they said it was too late now, they have already given those seats to other people. I checked in 6 hours early so there's no way there were people asking for all of those seats before me. I was barely offered water or beverages in general.
RouteBangkok to Munich
Date FlownMay 2019

"Not a Thai smile in sight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Bangkok. Not a Thai smile in sight on our recent business class flight Auckland to Bangkok and a very poor and disorganised service experience. The whole trip was quite stressful The failure of crew to help one passenger find a correct seat - too busy chatting. Hot towels distributed twice before take off which already gave a clue as to how disorganised the crew were . Told "run out of champagne" after one glass as aperitif. Rushed meal service, begun with 40 mins of take off and before the aperitif was finished - and this on a 12 hour daylight flight. Meal my companion ordered was later found to be not available. I was served the wrong meal - not the one I had ordered. Second service begun more than four hours out from landing - all cabin lights on for this, then blackout again after - and barely four hours after the first service ended. On requesting a second glass of white wine (Sancerre) told "we've run out". No-one passing with water at any time - had to go get it or use the call button. Only one person seemed to be on duty. at any one time. Requested water bottles - told run out of those too. Had to ask for landing cards. No eye mask in amenities kit - when I asked, was given the cheapest plastic/nylon one. No fast track card distributed for immigration - simply told you just show your boarding pass, but without any instruction that this is now in the main immigration area and not in the Fast track lane And this is Business class? Yes, it was a mileage ticket - but that should not be any excuse. An opportunity missed for Thai to gain an adherent. We travel three times a year from Thailand to France and multiple times a year to the Middle East. Back to Emirates for us!
RouteAuckland to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2019

"good option for 1 hour journey"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. A very good option for a 1 hour journey. They used a 20 year old Boeing 777 with old style business class which is fine for a 1 hr trip though my seat was struggling to move and adjust whilst seated on it. The lounge at BKK domestic is very decent and so was the food on board.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteBangkok to Phuket

"the crew was amazing"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Chengdu via Bangkok. The airplane was an A330 and it was a bit old. But because the journey was short it wasn’t a problem. The timing of the flight was perfect and the crew was amazing. Will recommend this airlines to a friend gladly.
RouteColombo to Chengdu via Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2018

"delightful experience"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne. Terrific staff, delightful experience, highly recommended. IFE excellent, Food excellent, clean lavatories, Only slightly more expensive than Jetstar worth every cent. Every bit as good as Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines. Keep up the brilliant work, thank you.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2018

"was fine except one thing"

Not Verified | London to Hanoi via Bangkok. Everything about the flight was fine except one thing. We flew at noon, were served food and a drink quite quickly, all good. Unfortunately, as soon as trays were cleared we were told to close window blinds and lights were turned off. It was lunchtime! This is unacceptable. For the next few hours if you wanted a drink you had to go and find one (in the dark) This practice is fine on a night flight but not during the day.
RouteLondon to Hanoi via Bangkok