Thai Airways

"enjoyed flying the new A350"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne. I really enjoyed flying the new A350, despite that a few things made my flight experience unpleasant. Crew was nice but it felt like they were unorganized. I was asked if I ordered a special meal twice, and the FA said that someone ordered a special meal to my seat, 59C but the seat wasn’t even booked, I sat there because I changed my seat before takeoff, my original seat was 59K. Overall the flight was ok. I booked 6 Flights for this year and have been flying on 2 of them. My other flight from Frankfurt to Bangkok on 30th of July this year was ok, despite me having to change my seat with one passenger sitting next to me, which I booked long before the flight. I hope that my next 4 Flights will be more pleasant.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I had excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Brisbane. Thai Airways indeed a 5 star airlines with great cabin service. It all started from the airport lounge service. They provide 30 minutes free massage just across the hall from the lounge. This is something special I have never experienced before. My flight was delayed a little bit. There are free shower for business passengers too. On the plane the cabin crew were super friendly. I didn't try the first meal because it was very late. I had breakfast before landing. It was very good, fresh fruits and yogurt! If there is one thing I'd like to pick, the plane is little old. Overall, I had excellent experience with Thai Airways.
RouteBangkok to Brisbane

"Very good experience"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Bali via Bangkok. Very good experience to fly again with Thai. Very good service on board, good space for legs and comfortable seats. I ordered a diabetic meal and it was very good. The only negative point of flying with Thai is the transit at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. Not comfortable at all, poor duty free and no smoking area.
RouteKolkata to Bali via Bangkok

"everything was great"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Bangkok. Amazing, seat, staff, service, food everything was great. My wife and myself travel in seat 19 E/F, that in sleeping position it’s transform into double bed. Great. Staff started immediately as usual with glass of champagne a taking order for the breakfast. Then after take off, lunch was served. I pre ordered a beef fillet and grilled salmon for my wife. Both were great. Staff service pampered the guest all during the flight. The only thing I haven’t found at high level was the IFE. There are 5 star airlines that are not meeting this quality.
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I couldn’t ask for any more"

Trip Verified | Kansai to Melbourne via Bangkok. The aircraft on the first sector (Osaka - Bangkok) was switched on the day of travel from an A380 to a B773ER. Despite the change to a smaller aircraft I was still given my seating preference and there was zero problem with my special meal. Seat pitch on both aircraft (773 to Bangkok and A350) to Melbourne was as good as economy seating gets nowadays, and thankfully the seating on the 773 was 9 across and not the 10 across many airlines have installed. Safety checks were made before departure and landing, and there were announcements before any turbulence, which turned out to be mild. Service on both sectors was exemplary, the crew were smiling and helpful through out despite both flights being nearly full. People have criticised the IFE for lack of choice, but in its favour I’ve found it to be reliable, and I generally find plenty to enjoy in the world music and world movies sections. A meal and a snack were served on the shorter (five hour) flight to Bangkok, and supper and breakfast were served on the flight to Australia. The food was of a reasonable standard, there was a full drinks service before lunch and dinner and in addition there were nice little touches, like the crew offering extra croissants at breakfast. On the overnight flight to Australia I was able to sleep but was aware of several water/juice runs during the night. On both flights, especially towards the end of the longer Melbourne flight, the crew were focussed on keeping the washrooms clean and serviceable. It’s service as it should be, totally professional; my overall rating is 10/10 because I couldn’t ask for any more than was given.
AircraftBoeing 773 / A350
RouteKansai to Melbourne via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2019

"What a pleasure to fly"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. What a pleasure to fly with Thai Airways. Even the short, one hour flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai was a reminder that not all in the aviation industry have succumbed to fleecing the customer for every last cent. It was a busy flight, but the cabin crew provided complimentary snacks, drinks, tea and coffee with habitual grace. The cabin itself felt spacious, seats were comfortable and leg room was better than most in economy.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"back of the line for economy class"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Tokyo. During my boarding of this flight yet to depart, there was two scanner for boarding pass checks and there was two line to scan so I decided to walk the other line which was for business class. However, I was call to the back of the line for economy class.
RouteBangkok to Tokyo
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Thai the best of these 3 airlines"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne. I recently travelled around the world on a UA/LH/TG ticket and can honestly say that Thai are the best of these 3 airlines. How Lufthansa warrants 5 stars whilst TG gets 4 and UA a measly 3 is beyond me. The service, seating and menus on Thai are much better than both airlines and they offer individual pods on the A350, whereas LH and UA still have the older style seating where one has to climb over their neighbour to reach the aisle. It's great to see that Thai is now ranked in the top ten, but they deserve a far higher score given their recent improvements.
RouteBangkok to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2019

"cabin crew were very nice and polite"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Delhi via Bangkok. The cabin crew were very nice and polite as i don’t like potatoes in my meal they offered me different meal. They were so kind and thanks to all. Hopefully see you all on 29th as I am returning back.
RouteAuckland to Delhi via Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2019

"overall experience was not bad"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Bangkok. As we were on the train to Frankfurt, we get an email saying the flight is canceled. This was because of the incoming flight did not leave Bangkok. We were able to check-in and have our bags tagged anyway. They have arranged for accommodation at a hotel at the airport, including dinner and breakfast. Next day another plane arrived and we managed to depart with a considerable delay. The flight was uneventful and the service on board was very good. But after clearing immigrations in Bangkok, we could not find our luggage. So we went to Lost & Found to announce it. They could not tell us what happened and where is the luggage. Anyway, we gave them our contact details and went to our hotel. About one day later they called us and brought the luggage to the hotel. After all this trouble we decided to make a claim under the EU regulation for the delayed arrival. The communication with them had to happen in writing using letters. So the entire process was long and even though they had all our data in their systems, they still requested extra documents to be submitted. Finally, we have managed to get the requested compensation. So the overall experience was not bad, but I would have expected better treatment from this company.
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok