Thai Airways

"welcome us onboard with smile"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Bali on Thai Boeing 777, the plane seat was very comfortable the food was great. I also had a time to use the inflight entertainment. Sadly, the flight time to Bali was only 4 hrs. The cabin crew welcome us onboard with smile.
RouteBangkok to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2019

"charge me $150 to get my refund"

Trip Verified | I book at ticket with Thai, but then informed (not by Thai, but by a friend) that I need a negative COVID test, which you can't get cause you can't get tested. I have a doctors certificate stating I am healthy and not showing symptoms, but this isn't enough and I'm not allowed on the flight. When I then ask for a refund, Thai charge me $150 to get my refund. This is completely ridiculous as I did not choose to cancel my flight, I was not allowed on the flight! I had to buy another ticket with another airline because Thai wouldn't allow me.
RouteMelbourne to Copenhagen via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2020

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Whilst on my holiday in Bangkok, Thai Airways changed my flight from 28.3.2020 00.01 am to 29.3.2020 7.20 am changing my flight from TG483 to TG481 with no consent and no prior communication. As soon as I received an e-mail notifying me about this change, I contacted Thai airways via e-mail stating we could not fly on the 29th so the flight would have to be moved to the 25th or the 27th. I sent this same e-mail to 4 different email addresses to not receive a reply for 4 days - ended up having a reply from the Sydney office. I explained the situation and asked for the 29th flight that we couldn’t take to be moved to an earlier date with a few options and again didn't receive a reply for a another few days! and the reply I received kept stating that Thai airways would be cancelling flights from 27th march onwards. If that were the case, why couldn’t Thai airways accommodate my request of simply changing the 29th flight to an earlier date? At this point I had to book and pay for another flight departing on the 25th. I had to also call the 24 hour line multiple times to have an automated message inform me the call will drop out after 15 minutes at the same time stating the wait time was 27 minutes, I had the hotel call to try and speak to someone who knew anything and could possibly help only to be hung up on and told 'I can help you', you need to contact the Perth office when I return to Australia '. To this day I still have no reply from any of my e-mails I sent trying to correct flights from the date of change on 18 March 2020 and I had relentlessly been trying. Such poor customer service and showed no care for rectifying any issues they have caused or even a response for clarity.
RouteBangkok to Perth
Date FlownApril 2020

"cancelled due to coronavirus"

Trip Verified | Flights were cancelled due to coronavirus which is understandable but the lack of communication is terrible. I have been mailing for 1.5 months and no zero response. What a bad customer service.
RouteMunich to Hanoi via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"it could be so much better"

Not Verified | Bangkok to London. Pros - Check-in smooth and efficient. Comfortable seat, good friendly efficient cabin crew. Flight was smooth and uneventful. Cons - Entertainment was not as varied as some (could take lessons from Emirates, Qatar and EVA) with poor choice of music and almost all TV shows were American - don't Thai know there are very good TV shows made in other English speaking countries?. Food was tasty and hot but portions were small. No menu cards offered so, didn't know what was being served until cabin crew offered "chicken or pork"? No mention of other items on the food tray. Mid flight sandwiches were kept in galley and not offered to seated passengers. At no point (other than meal times) did cabin crew come round offering drinks. Thai isn't a bad airline but, with simple attention to detail it could be so much better and only then would it be a real challenger to Emirates, Qatar or EVA. As it stands Thai lags behind the opposition.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"staff are polite and helpful"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bangkok. Thai Airways staff are polite and helpful. Aircraft very clean. Departure and arrival on time. I loved the video of Thai for safety. The seats are big. They use 3 seats in every line, so much more space.
RouteDelhi to Bangkok

"kind flight attendants"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. Flying with Thai airways International was an amazing experience, even, when I was in economy class. We have kind flight attendants and very good meal on both my flights from Vienna to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and back. Recommend it
RouteVienna to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Manila to Bangkok was cancelled"

Trip Verified | London to Manila via Bangkok. I had the reservation to fly back on 2nd February 2020. My flight on the 2nd of Feb 2020 from Manila to Bangkok was cancelled after several hours of delays. Passengers including me were allowed inside the aircraft and made to wait for a long time before it was cancelled. We were not given proper updates while we waited at the gate to board the aircraft. Only a ground staff when I asked personally, told me that there is a fuel leak and the engineers were working to fix the problem. The departure was scheduled for 1910 hours. At around 2100 hours, we were given a sandwich each and a drink. Then, for the next eight hours (0500 Hours on 3rd Feb 2020), I had not had another drink. We were made to wait for hours for the bus to take us to the hotel. Bus took over an hour to depart from the airport. After reaching the hotel, it took another hour or more to get us into the lobby of the hotel, as we were told to remain in the bus. Some people got out to buy snacks against your staff’s instructions. At 0500 I got into my hotel room. Breakfast was open from 6am. We were told to check out of the rooms by 2pm and the flight was supposed to leave at 5pm. We waited until 3:30pm at the lobby of the hotel to be boarded on the bus. After boarding the bus, the driver sat doing nothing. After waiting for over 45 minutes, I asked the driver, what are you waiting for. He said, airline staff. Then he got out of the bus, walked to the reception, returned in 2 minutes and drove us to the airport. There were no airline staff and there were no more passengers waiting for transportation to go to the airport. We just sat in the bus for someone to give the driver directions as what to do next. The flight departed at 1910 hours (7:10PM) on the 3rd Feb 2020, 24 hours later than it was supposed to. Never once I saw a senior Thai Airways personnel. I saw a few ground crew who were inexperienced and some unruly passengers intimidated them by their rude behaviour.
RouteManila to Heathrow via Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"their crew are very nice"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Jakarta. Thai Airways for me its a good flight, from the inflight service i really like it. I had worst experience with one of the ground staff Check-in last month, and I hope my next flight experience will never happened like.. For the inflight services i like their food served very tasty, also their crew are very nice, polite and more communicative to passengers. Also the cabin ambience is very nice and neat.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBangkok to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Cannot fault staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Taipei with Thai Airways. Part of a Star alliance Journey. The plane was empty due to virus issues in Asia. The seat was comfortable and the service good, as one would expect with only 40 people on the plane. Western Breakfast poor, wrong choice. In-flight entertainment was adequate. Cannot fault staff.
RouteBangkok to Taipei