Thai Airways

Thai Airways customer review

HND-BKK-SYD in first class. Told on the overnight HND-BKK flight that there was no turn-down service offered which was surprising given that it was a 5.5 hour flight that departed at midnight. The F cabin on the leased Jet Airways 77W was scuffed and worn but seat was comfortable enough. I didn't eat anything on this service other than some fruit before descent. The requisite golf-buggy was waiting for me on arrival at BKK but it was irritating to have to be security-screened in the middle of my transfer to the lounge and again when heading back to the gates. Ground services were good water pressure in the showers of the F lounge were pathetic. BKK-SYD on a 747-400. This model is geriatric now and the 10 F cabin whilst better than the dreaded 14 F setup that has now gone is still outdated and far from the best. Crew friendly and polite but rushed through breakfast prior to closing all the shades in the cabin for 5 hours and rushing through dinner prior to landing. Requests to slow down went unneeded. Note that 4/10 F seats were occupied so one can hardly apply the "full cabin" excuse. My seat malfunctioned on 747 and it was a pretty ordinary pair of flights. Crews on both services seemed to be in a hurry to get us dealt-with which is not acceptable in J let alone F. Disappointed and won't fly Thai again.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Thai Airways customer review

FRA-BKK on 340-600 in Business seats 12J/K. Overall very pleasant: Boarding efficient pre departure drinks came quickly jackets were not hung though. Food orders were taken before takeoff adhoc special request for a slightly differently composed breakfast (noodle soup instead of western breakfast) was accommodated perfectly food quality was quite good. FAs attentive and friendly. Seat angled lie flat slightly difficult to fall asleep in however I then got about 6 hrs of uninterrupted sleep so that was OK. Entertainment up to par amenity kit good only slippers would have been nice. Priority immigration at BKK with Thai C BP worked fine luggage already on carousel when we came out. This was a pretty god experience and frankly I wonder about the multitude of bad reviews for Thai - I was more than satisfied.

(Norway)

Round trip Oslo-Bangkok in Silk Class. Every time I fly I am surprised of the relatively uncomfortable seats in business class on this route. As I have a THAI gold card a plus is the warm welcome upon boarding including mentioning of my name etc. after sitting down. They are also serving you food prior to the rest of the passengers. However I had to wait 15 minutes to get anything to drink. Long after I had had my meal.

Thai Airways customer review

BKK-NRT on B777-300ER May 9 2012. Aircraft leased from Jet Airways. Waited with a large group of people checking in for various flights. Used the kiosk to print boarding pass and select seat. Upon check-in had both my bags weighed and was told one was overweight. I was moving back to Canada after 5 years in Thailand so not surprising I had accumulated many items. Check-in agent waited patiently while I redistributed luggage and moved items to carry-on. Received boarding passes for all my flights to my final destination. Aircraft was clean and received juice and water at regular intervals. Was not given vegetarian option for breakfast probably because I didn't inform the Bangkok office of Air Canada about this though I booked it on my itinerary but had a nice omelette for breakfast. Flight left on time and had a superb AVOD system which kept me entertained for the flight. Cabin crew was professional and smiling. Enjoyed my last flight on Thai Airways and would definitely fly again.

Thai Airways customer review

Mumbai to Bangkok last night. There was no ptv they ran out of non veg meals. Staff were welcoming seats were a bit hard but a pole covering the space so not good leg room. When you push back your seat you can see the passengers behind you. Very old aircraft's they had one TV in the front which you could not see at all and very bleary. Have a snack before flight on this sector and take some entertainment because you will get very bored. I do not recommend this flight even though it is a 747-400.

Thai Airways customer review

TG917 25th April. Excellent customer service. As an ROP Gold member I've noticed improvements in the service provided by Thai. At check in my travelling companion and I received a warm welcome. I advised the gentleman at check in that I had reserved seats. He checked the system and advised that the adjacent seats were now occupied so he arranged for us to be seated in the row behind where we would be the only occupants in a row of four seats. Lounge was comfortable with an improved range of food including hot choices. Onboard the attendant addressed me by name welcomed me aboard and asked for our dinner / breakfast selection. Only issue with getting dinner before anyone else is that the meal is finished before the wine is served so I asked for wine to come with the dinner which it did. Drinks were plentiful throughout and the new AVOD was good. I did have some concern that the under seat AVOD box might be intrusive but it wasn't. Empty seats allowed us to stretch out and get a reasonable night's sleep. Flight attendants genuinely did their best to ensure a pleasant flight. Hard and soft product equally good.

(Thailand)

BKK-FRA-BKK Business class check in and boarding went smoothly on both legs. I was assigned seat 25K and was surprised to see that the FA drinks station was on the other side of the seat with no partition. It appears that rather than provide a decent work area in the rear of business class Thai have opted to jam in more seats and put the drinks station between the rear toilets and emergency escape door - not very well thought out at all. FA's were attentive and smiling but the food really is mediocre and needs improvement.

Thai Airways customer review

MAD-BKK and onwards to Manila. Flight from Madrid on a brand new 777 half empty and plenty of seats to stretch. Staff very good and attentive but meal surprisingly and disappointingly mediocre. Plenty of drinks rounds and requests met with a smile. AVOD entertainment adequate but not comparable to Qatar Airways. BKK-MNL delayed almost 2 hours awaiting connecting passengers. Flight very full on a tired A330 without any personal entertainment. No air conditioning while waiting and drinks only available on request. Food forgettable and legroom pretty bad. As one of the previous reviewers points out Thai can get away with a low service standard on this route because of the lack of competition.

Thai Airways customer review

BKK-FRA A340. Not what I expected left disappointed. No personal AVOD makes for a long 11 hour flight. Service from FA's was average took late night flight so I don't recall food quality probably slept through it. Aircraft was worn but clean ladies received orchids upon departure. Probably won't fly Thai Air in the future. I do recall seats being very thin and uncomfortable.

Thai Airways customer review

TG476 SYD-BKK 12/4/13. It was a bad move from Thai Airways to replace the aircraft on this route from 777-200 to the super old 747-400. The inflight entertainment was down due to technical issues and about 35 pax had the same issue with me. The cabin crew and services are fantastic. Meals were okay. I ended up sleeping the whole way because there was no inflight entertainment for my 9hr journey. The way back was TG 471 BKK-SYD 26/4/13 I was on the 747-400 again but this aircraft has no personal screens. Obviously Thai is going down because the competitors on these route are using brand new fleets but Thai turned to the opposite direction. Very disappointed!