Oman Air

"up to one year they refund us"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | We never flew with this airline as they canceled our tickets due to COVID-19 outbreak. We requested full refund as the flight was cancelled by the airline but they never processed our request and they suggested it would take up to one year they refund us. Based on their policy at the time of booking our tickets, they supposed to refund us within 15 days and when I called their helpless callcenter they confirmed it would take 20 days at most to have our money back. It's already three month passed since we requested for refund and yet we haven't heard back from them.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tehran via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2020

"refund my money after 1 year"

Trip Verified | Our Flight got canceled due to the COVID 19. Initially they promised to refund our money immediately refund form submit through travel agency. After 90 days of refund request, Oman Airlines advised that they have changed the policy and will refund my money after 1 year of the purchase date of my ticket. We have spent $11000 a year go and still waiting for Oman Air to answer my phone calls. Air Asia refunded our money after 3 months of refund request.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Dubai via Oman
Date FlownApril 2020

"refunding tickets will be processed only after 1 year"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Since the beginning of this pandemic they stopped answering their phone calls, only automated replies via emails. Is there any one knows any other airline told their customers that refunding their tickets will be processed only after 1 year of the issuing date. Is this even legal ?
RouteDoha to Cairo via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2019

"didn’t refund my return my half ticket"

Trip Verified | I went to Pakistan and there were lockdown and I spent £2300 to come back on different air line. Oman air didn’t refund my return my half ticket, no one reply on any platform or phone call. They don’t know what to do very disoriented with Oman air. Our agent said Oman air not replying his email, I rang and email them with my ticket as well - never get any answer from Oman air. I will never use Oman air again until they resolve my half ticket issue and I paid £2300 on top to get back home in uk
RouteManchester to Islamabad via Muscat
Date FlownMarch 2020

"3 months later still no refund"

Trip Verified | Disgraceful company. Booked flights for April which were cancelled by the airline. Refund applied for in May and 3 months later still no refund. Their approach to the pandemic appears to be sticking their head in the sand and pretending it's not happening. I've flown them before and they certainly weren't bad but not in the same league as other middle Eastern carriers. I would never recommend them to anyone after this though, no matter how cheap the flights. Terrible, terrible airline.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"I cannot recommend them"

Trip Verified | Due to the Covid-19 crisis they cancelled the flights we had booked. However despite months and months of contacting them they have refused to issue any refunds. After struggling with them they finally agreed to allow us to re-book our flights for the same time the following year explaining that we would simply need to pay any additional cost of seats available. As the flights for the same time next year had been made available online through travel agents and direct on Omanair.com I explained I would like to undertake the rescheduling now so that I could secure my reschedule and avoid paying a higher cost when there was less availability. The airline explained that they would not allow me to reschedule my flights until Muscat Airport was fully reopened. Yet they would allow new passengers to book flights via travel agents and direct on their website. I explained to customer services that this was unfair and meant that I may not be able to take them up on the reschedule they have offered me and would have to pay an inflated price if availability was later limited. They advised that it was their rule. They have continued to offer ever more frequent “special flights” but without committing to allowing people to reschedule their previously cancelled flights. Having been a frequent user of Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, and with this being my first experience of Oman Air I cannot recommend them in anyway. Stop playing games and making false promises. Please give me my money back or let me reschedule my flights.
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"only will refund in 12 months"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Oman Air only will refund in 12 months after the ticket was issued even if the flight is cancelled by the airline!! I have booked for a flight Doha-KL via Muscat on 10 June 2020 and OA has cancelled the flight due to Covid-19. First they says as a goodwill, they are offering a rebooking at no extra charges but only fare difference will be applicable (if any) and for the cash refund they can do it but only after 12 months as per the company policy! The goodwill they are offering is not a goodwill as the ticket category I book allow rebooking at any time so it is not a “goodwill”. What happen if my new ticket is of a lower value? Will they refund it? No It is not stated in their website or in the ticket term and condition that state the 12 months refund. I will be surprised if what they are doing is considered lawful or approve by any aviation authority. Many airlines are going through trouble time but to do this will only affect their future business more than now. When everything is back to normal no one will ever trust or want to use their service again. I am for sure one of them.
RouteDoha to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2020

"tactics to confuse us and ignore us"

Not Verified | Our flight was cancelled due to COVID-19 but we were never notified by the airline- I only found out because I called before the flight to check on my flight status. They told us to contact the 'Websalesrefund' email address requesting a refund but we have only received automated responses that are ambiguous, such as 'We offer to keep your flight open'. We believe that we are eligible for a refund however we have not received any clear guidance on if we can get a refund or how we can access credit. The call centre tells us to email, and the email responses tell us to call. It has been almost two months and I don't know if we will ever get our money back. All the other airlines that we had bookings with in May and June (such as Vueling, Scoot and Easyjet) have given us refunds. Oman is the only airline that has used tactics to confuse us and ignore us. Unless we are given assurance that we will receive our refund or credit, I will never fly Oman Air and will not recommend it.
RouteAmman to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownJune 2020

"complete and utter disgrace"

Trip Verified | Oman Air is, quite simply, a complete and utter disgrace. The airline treats its guests with complete contempt. Flights from Amman to Muscat and back were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and they are refusing to refund, instead keeping my money (and that of countless other customers) when planes did not even take off. The airline has adopted a policy of hoping customers will stop pestering them so they can keep their money without providing a service. They refuse to help on the phone (or hang up on you) and direct you to an e-mail address. An automatic reply to all e-mails says you may have to wait 15 days for a reply. If you get a reply, they do not help or address any questions you have asked. It is just a copy and paste response. When you reply again, you get the same automatic message saying to wait 15 days. It is a system which seems like it has been purposely designed to annoy and frustrate. I specifically put several times I did not want a voucher or to keep the ticket open, and requested a full refund as is my legal right. This was repeatedly ignored as they kept offering to keep the ticket open. On one occasion I was told to fill out an online form to process my refund. I did this, and eventually got a reply again offering me to keep the ticket open. They eventually said that as per their terms and conditions, I would be paid 12 months after the tickets were booked. So they want to use people's money as an interest free loan. I asked several times where in the terms and conditions it says this and was repeatedly ignored. The reason for this is it is not in the terms and conditions. I also have no faith they will repay the money after this time. I was really looking forward to visiting Oman but my impression of the country is now permanently damaged because of the airline which represents them.
RouteAmman to Muscat
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Absolutely horrendous"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Absolutely horrendous. Canceled our return flight. Didn't tell us. Waited at airport until 5am dealing with staff. They ordered us a taxi home, which never came. Returned to desk to find they had closed. Finally offered compensation in February, to which I agreed, and no correspondence since. Do not fly with this airline. They caused huge distress, showed no customer care whatsoever, and essentially lied about compensation. Never ever again.
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Muscat