Oman Air

"the service was excellent"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Muscat. First time I have flown with Oman air, the service was excellent, the food fabulous, the comfort of the cabin amazing. The bed has a comforter and a nice blanket. The entertainment program has amazing latest Hollywood movies. The cabin crew with the cabin director by the name Ismail was super friendly and super helpful. They make us feel at home . The aircraft is brand new and clean. Thank you Oman Air, we will fly again soon.
RouteJakarta to Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Fantastic flight"

Trip Verified | Manila to London via Muscat. Fantastic flight, the flight attendants were very helpful, and friendly. Definitely I will fly Oman Air again.
RouteManila to London via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2018

"supported by the ground staff"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Bengaluru return via Muscat. I traveled from Riyadh to Bengaluru in economy class and I am a vegetarian. I was told that the vegetarian food is exhausted in economy class, I just asked for some water. But the gentleman on board went to Business class section and brought me vegetarian food. It is a very simple gesture which was done by the crew but it went a long way for me since I have seen other airlines which just does not offer services like this. When I was travelling back to Riyadh, I had booked extra baggage, and unfortunately I had made a mistake in packing my bags (obviously I did not read the packing instructions). I was very well supported by the ground staff in Bengaluru who helped me in checking in my bags on time and they did their job so well, it reflected that the customer is very important to them. The only drawback which I see in Oman Air is the cramp for leg room and when informed the same to the staff and requested for the seats near fire escape, they obliged. Hopefully I will fly Oman Air without the cramping leg space.
RouteRiyadh to Bengaluru via Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2018

"staff have no manners"

Trip Verified | London to Najaf via Muscat. On board flight staff and services were awesome but Oman Air staff at Oman Airport was pain. They even have no manners and don't know how to talk with passengers. They should realized that they are getting paid because of our business.
RouteLondon to Najaf via Muscat
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Seats very cramped"

Trip Verified | London to Kochi via Muscat. Largely agree with some of the recent comments about Oman Air. Though it's about a year since I last travelled with Qatar or Emirates, Oman is a fair way behind them in terms of passenger comfort or service. Seats very cramped, but I'll come to that later. Food OK, but very stingy with the drinks (only one round on a 7hr flight), and it took virtually an hour for the grumpy crew to clear up the empties for the meal service. Not acceptable. Flight out was delayed, and even though there was an hour to spare at Muscat, bizarrely, they denied us boarding on the connecting flight to India, preferring to bump us onto the presumably less popular flight at 2 am the following day. OK, they put us up in a hotel for a few hours, but we missed the first day of our India tour as a result, with all the phone calls that required. Finally, when I booked this flight it was due to be operated by an A330 with 34" legroom, but then Oman Air changed it to a Boeing 787 with 31". Also one more seat squeezed in per row. Result was very cramped conditions and narrow uncomfortable seat. Not why I booked the flight with them. A definite downgrade. I know the Boeing 787 divides opinion . But I'm sure it's a lot more economical for the airlines to run, but I've yet to have a pleasant flight in one. Streets behind the A330/340 or 777, and a very poky little aeroplane compared to the A380 or 747. First and last outing with them, I'm afraid.
RouteLondon to Kochi via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2018

"found it to be average"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Zurich to Bangkok via Muscat. First time flying Oman Air, found it to be average. Food was very average, the crew is very slow with service and waits way too long to clean up. Therefore on a 6h-ish flight, you have almost no chance to relax or sleep. Inflight entertainment is not very good.
RouteZurich to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Unbeatable value for money"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Nairobi to Manila via Muscat. Night flight Nairobi to Muscat average, but flight from Muscat to Manila excellent. The new airport and lounge in Muscat are great. Security check in the transfer zone was arrogant. The flight from Muscat to Manila was one of my best flight experience. Excellent and friendly staff. They showed great customer service. Dinner was the best I ever had on any flights. Unbeatable value for money.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNairobi to Manila via Muscat
Date FlownOctober 2018

"lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | London to Kochi via Muscat. The experience inside the flight was average but I have to say that there customer service is the worst. Because of their carelessness I lost my luggage. When I claimed for it they didn’t pay that much interest in it and also didn’t pay me back enough. I never experienced such a bad service from anywhere.
RouteLondon to Kochi via Muscat

"not a cool experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Cairo via Muscat. Firstly the touch screen for in-flight entertainment did not work in two sectors. For one sector - Cairo to Muscat, they didn't even have a in-flight entertainment. The cabin temperature from Muscat to Delhi was uncomfortable. Only one good experience was Muscat Airport. Throughout the journey, there was nothing I could recommend. From Muscat to Delhi - the crew did not have headphones as well. So all in all, not a cool experience.
RouteDelhi to Cairo via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2018

"the seats are quite narrow"

Trip Verified | Travelled from Heathrow to Bangkok via Muscat, return. All flights were on Boeing 787-9. Cabins are spacious and clean, and the seating in economy is ok, but the seats are quite narrow, especially if you are sat next to a larger person. Whilst the food was quite good, and the choice of beverages ok, the cabin staff were on the whole were not of a good standard. We had one particular cabin crew member that was extremely rude, and unfortunately was on our return leg also. Overall we found the entire crew to be quite unfriendly and abrupt, although there were exceptions. In-flight entertainment was good - big screen, good quality video and audio. Film selection is slightly limited, but only really an issue if you have 4 flights in a row! No issues with ground staff - everything ran smoothly and on time.
AircraftB787-9