Oman Air

"they cancelled the flight"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | My ticket was confirmed to fly on Sun 7th Aug 2022. I was supposed to fly from London Heathrow to Karachi Pakistan via Muscat. I reconfirmed my ticket on the morning of Sat 7th Aug and they confirmed everything is according to schedule. I booked the cab which costed £66 and reached Heathrow. Waited in long queue of check-in and at my turn I was give the luggage tag only for Muscat. I queried this error and it came to my attention that they cancelled the flight and blamed it on Pakistan government declaring the public holiday at last minute. Regardless of this change I was dealt with it and fully cooperated with them, since having an empathy that these things can happen but requested them to store the luggage so I don't have to order a cab on my way back home and on Tue 9th when they rebooked the ticket, but honestly the way their ticket office attendant dealt with me was completely shocking and appalling.
RouteLondon to Muscat

"absolute wonderful experience"

Not Verified | Its an absolute wonderful experience with Oman Air for both my out and inbound from LHR to MAA and MAA to LHR via Muscat. All the cabin crew were friendly and very supportive, I'm impressed with a service of crew. Would love to fly Oman Air again and again happily with family.
RouteLondon to Chennai via Muscat
Date FlownJune 2022

"Customer service is appealing bad"

Not Verified | London to Zanzibar via Muscat. They changed my flight and lied about giving me a hotel in a 20 hour layover. Customer service is appealing bad and has been equipped to disappoint you. They have a poor Web form to send feedback that don't work.
RouteLondon to Zanzibar via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2022

"well maintained, comfortable and clean"

Trip Verified | Boeing 737-800 2x2 configuration. Retro style seating was well maintained, comfortable and clean. In-flight entertainment was comprehensive. In-flight food was delicious. Preflight drink was fresh orange juice, cloudy apple juice or lemon lime mint. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Totally full flight.
RouteSalalah to Muscat
Date FlownApril 2022

"crew were hospitable and professional"

Trip Verified | Boeing 737 Max8 aircraft was in brand new condition. The cabin interior was immaculate. In-flight entertainment 'ARIA' was great. Cabin crew were hospitable and professional. In-flight dining was scrumptious and fresh. Seat was well designed and made good use of space. Highly recommended. I regularly fly Oman Air as I find their business class far superior to other airlines.
AircraftB737 Max8
RouteMuscat to Salalah
Date FlownApril 2022

"Oman Air is truly a pleasure to fly"

Trip Verified | Boeing 787 aircraft was immaculate. Cabin interior was clean, well maintained and serviced. Cabin crew were polite, professional and friendly. In-flight dining was delicious and well presented. My family and I had a wonderful flight. Oman Air is truly a pleasure to fly. Highly recommend this business class product.
RouteDoha to Muscat
Date FlownApril 2022

"cabin crew were friendly and professional"

Not Verified | The in flight services I experienced on this flight was excellent. The cabin crew were friendly and professional. I was connecting after a long and a tiring journey flying in from Canada with two prior long lay overs. The friendly manner of the cabin crew made me forget my fatigue. The airline did not serve my choice of food and drink. But the crew members were extremely diplomatic in negotiating the substitutes they offered. Please keep up your good work.
RouteDoha to Colombo
Date FlownApril 2022

"never met with such bad customer service"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | My family was supposed to fly in April 2020 to Muscat from Amman, Jordan on a short holiday trip. Covid struck, airports closed and I spend emailing back and forth with Oman Air for a good year requesting a refund. Their replies would come sometimes a month after I would write them and when it seemed I might just get refunded, I had ridiculous requests like submitting a photo of my expired bank card that I used to purchase the tickets and the like. Needless to say, I was never refunded, silence from Oman Air side for more than 4-5 months. I've never met with such bad customer service as Oman Air. I might still travel to Oman, but for sure I will never book Oman Air again.
RouteAmman to Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"wait for a year to get my money back"

Trip Verified | I have made a business class booking last July 1, 2020 as they were still selling tickets via their website despite their borders being closed. After several cancelations, I have made a refund request and with no options on the table, I have agreed to wait for a year to get my money back. It's been more than 12 months now and I have emailed them last June and still waiting for their reply
RouteDubai to Manila via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2020

"can get a refund after a year"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | In June 2020, we booked a flight to BKK through Oman Air as we were relocating to Thailand. As many others, our flights were cancelled by the airlines due to Covid 19. When we requested a refund, we were told by Oman air that we can get a refund after a year. Now it has been a year since we booked and we are getting absolutely no responses to emails from Oman Air. We do not live in Oman anymore and we can't get hold of anyone in the company to get our money back. What can we do?
RouteMuscat to Bankok