Oman Air

"I finally got full refund"

Trip Verified | On February 2020 I booked 4 tickets at omanair.com for the flight to Jakarta on July 2020. Due to corona pandemic they cancelled the flight. Round 2 weeks before the flight date we filled in the refund form and they requested me to wait for 12 months (starting from the purchasing date). After several email exchanged I finally got full refund from Oman Air today (24 march 2021).
RouteFrankfurt to Jakarta via Muscat

"have refused a refund"

Trip Verified | Oman Air cancelled our flights for April last year due to Covid and have refused a refund ever since despite being in breach of EU261. They disputed charge back with Amex and so now got a S75 with them who have been equally bad to deal with. By contrast I have received refunds in full from Finnair, Qatar & Jet2 for cancelled flights.
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"Not sure whether they will refund or drag on"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | I have booked my tickets in Feb-2020 to fly out in July and due to covid the flight got cancelled. When asked for a refund, the Airline assured refund - but only after one year of booking. Now a year has passed and they only keep issuing request number on mails without any official communication. Not sure whether they will refund or drag on.
RouteDammam to Bengaluru via Muscat
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"They postponed the refund process"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | In January 2020, I bought two round trip tickets from Istanbul to Manila for December 2020. They cancelled the flights and promised me a full refund. They postponed the refund process, wasted my time and energy by employing different time-consuming tactics. Finally, they promised me a refund exactly one year after the issue of the ticket, which was due last January the 21st. It did not happen. What they did was to ask for additional documents. I am disappointed by the way they treated me during this process.
RouteIstanbul to Manila via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Online option for refund does not work"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | If you require to make any amendments ie. cancel ticket, change the dates - customer service will not pick up your phone call. After paying extra for a flexible ticket, I've emailed and called about ticket refund for a month now, and no response. Online option for refund does not work.
RouteDoha to Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2020

"It’s really appalling!"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I called the contact number on their website. The lady that answered seemed very angry. I asked about a refund I have been waiting for for ages. She went like just wait why are you in hurry? I asked if I could speak to someone else who could help, she said no. No one can help you. I called multiple times and every is worse than the other. The last person connected me to a said supervisor. The supervisor hang up to my face. It is both funny and frustrating how they treat their customers. What kind of management do they have? It’s really appalling! At the airport they are just as rude.
RouteDoha to London via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2020

"pathetic and poor service"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Muscat flight on December 19th 2020. This time they disappointed me with their service. During the flight I asked many times for water but the crew member didn’t not provide. My flight departure time was 2130hrs and this time they didn’t have dinner. They served only snacks boxes even I am pure vegetarian they didn’t have veg snacks box. I asked from crew member for veg box they said you can have chips and you can drink juice. How can you eat a small packet chips at the time of dinner. I asked for tea/coffee they said only beer we have. I am non alcoholic now tell me how can I drink. Very poor service at this time. You don’t have veg dinner meal, you don’t have water In flight and you are getting water after asking 25 times. Really a pathetic and poor service.
RouteDelhi to Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2020

"ignored any requests for information"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Oman air cancelled my flight due to covid restrictions which is understandable. But they did not inform me it was cancelled luckily I had checked the airport site to see it was cancelled, Oman Air sent me a email one month later to inform my flight was cancelled. Oman air has mostly ignored any requests for information and refund and if I do receive a reply to emails it takes around a month for a reply and offers no answers to refund requests.
RouteDammam to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"Never, ever, travel with them"

Trip Verified | Zero stars like many here. Promised refund after 12 months of booking after cancelling a flight due to Covid, but then went into hiding. No reply to e-mails, 12 months have come and gone. But they were able to challenge the charge back that VISA originally authorized, but then had to withdraw again because Oman Air objected. Never, ever, travel with them!
RouteMunich to Colombo via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2020

"don't recommend anyone to fly with Oman Air"

Trip Verified | I have booked the tickets in July 2020 then suddenly without any notification, Oman Air has cancelled the flight and refuse to refund us till date. The customer care is dealing with us badly, ignoring our calls and talking with us in rude language. I don't recommend anyone to fly with Oman Air.
RouteMuscat to Cairo