Lynx Air

"no communication, no email, nothing"

Not Verified | We had a Calgary-Hamilton flight. Luckily we checked the night before as it was cancelled - no communication, no email, nothing. So we had to scramble and make alternate arrangements. And the best part is they re-booked the flight for 9 days later! We cancelled our return flight and got our money back (fool me once) after 2 calls (2 hour wait each time, first person didn’t process the refund, shocker!). Luckily as that flight got cancelled also.
RouteCalgary to Hamilton
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I had a very good experience"

Trip Verified | I had a very good experience with Lynx Air. I don't know why most of the reviews are so negative and for me the airlines deserve positive review as i have a very positive experience. The staff at Toronto Pearson airport was so polite kind and accommodating. I did the check in for less than 15 mins. It was fast and prior to my flight they email me about rescheduling the flight. Just needed to check the email regularly and u wont have a problem.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Nine days later, with no luggage"

Trip Verified | Our family and friends booked a round trip from Calgary to Saint John New Foundland in July 2022. Three days prior to the return flight to Calgary, we received email informing that our scheduled fight was cancelled. Our next available flight is three days later: no explanation, no apology, no compensation. We took the flight three days later and arrived Calgary and were told our baggage are still somewhere in Toronto? We followed all procedures (filling missing baggage form), and were verbally informed by Lynx Air representative that we will have our luggage delivered at the address we provided within 72 hours. Nine days later, with no luggage, email or phone call from Lynx Air representative, we called the customer service. Believe it or not, none of the customer service representative has any record of the issue. They can only promise that they will "look into it", and they provide no timeline for feed back. I for sure will never use this airline again.
RouteCalgary to Saint John New Foundland
Date FlownJuly 2022

"refuses to reimburse under CTA guidelines"

Not Verified | My husband was supposed to fly from Calgary to Halifax in July (2022). When he arrived at the airport, there were no staff, no plane, and no warning. No one showed up. None of his fellow passengers received any type of communication from the airline until literally minutes before the plane should’ve departed. They then received an email saying the flights were changed - some to the next day and some to four days later. Everyone tried calling their customer support, but not a single person got through. The same thing happened the night before on the Toronto to Calgary leg. The cause for a no-show plane and flight crew? Lynx purchased an airplane that never showed up. A third-party rep who assists both Lynx and Flair with handling customer check-ins informed the group at the Calgary airport that they knew the night before that the flight had been cancelled. It was never cancelled online and passengers were never informed. In fact, the airline continued to sell tickets online that night, even though they knew the plane would never show up. Lynx also refuses to reimburse under CTA guidelines. Don’t waste your money. Spend a bit extra and fly with WestJet or anyone else.
RouteCalgary to Halifax
Date FlownJuly 2022

"bad customer care services"

Not Verified | I booked a flight from YYZ to YYC, flight got delayed and I was at the airport 3hrs before. The line up at Pearson airport for lynx air was ridiculously long with one staff working at the check in counter. The staff was asked to close the check in counter leaving myself & three other people unable to check in. I was able to book another flight with air canada back to YYC that morning. Been on the phone with lynx air for a compensation fee but nothing, no help at all. Basically I’m unable to get my money back or any compensation. Lynx Air are very incompetent, bad customer care services, and all they care about is how to extort your money.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownAugust 2022

"so awful it is almost funny"

Trip Verified | Victoria to Calgary. We booked Lynx Victoria to Calgary return. Once baggage and seats were paid for there was not a significant cost savings compared to Westjet. Chose Lynx to give them a try and if it went well we would fly them again. Big mistake. We will never choose Lynx again. Our initial flight was changed soon after booking but it worked in our favour as the flight was leaving earlier allowing us to arrive in Calgary much earlier than the initial booking. Revised flight departure was 7:20 pm. At airline's suggestion we arrived 2 hours before departure. We checked flight status on the Lynx website before leaving home and enroute. Site was indicating flight was ON TIME. When we checked in the agent told us departure was now 10:15 pm. Website still showed 7:20 departure. Given we arrived early at airport, we now had 5 hours until departure. We left the airport and returned in plenty of time to get though security. At 10:15 pm there was not a Lynx plane in sight. We asked the gate attendant if there was actually a jet arriving for us. We were told there was and it was on the way. Website still showing 7:20 departure ON TIME. At approx. 10:45 pm a Summit Airlines jet arrives at the gate. No Lynx jet in sight. We are told that this Summit jet will take us to Calgary. We've never heard of this airline and were concerned for safety as the jet was nothing what we had expected. We got up in the air at approx 11:22 pm, 4 hours after scheduled departure. Lynx website still indicating 7:20 pm departure on time. Uneventful flight to Calgary, thankfully, albeit 4 hours late. Upon arrival in Calgary, Lynx website still showing 7:20 pm departure still ON TIME! Two weeks prior, same flight had been cancelled outright. We happened to be in the airport that evening for another flight and noted that Lynx air to Calgary flight cancelled. The return flight to Victoria was ON TIME- but not with Lynx air- it was another airline yet again. This time Northern Air and it was a familiar aircraft. We've had two flights with Lynx Air and have yet to see a Lynx aircraft- not sure if they exist. Must wonder how airline industry regulators allow a company like this to operate. We have requested the partial refund we are entitled to- still waiting. Lynx did not offer this- found the application on their website. Will never consider Lynx again and have told many friends about our experience. They too will not consider Lynx. Our experience was so awful it is almost funny.
RouteVictoria to Calgary

"Incredible experience"

Trip Verified | Incredible experience. Positive! 10/10 For a start up I couldn’t be happier! They are very clear and efficient! Figured I’d review a positive note and remind positive experiences to support these guys with your positive reviews.
RouteEdmonton to Halifax
Date FlownAugust 2022

"don’t take this airline"

Trip Verified | Terrible airline. My friend and I chose this airline because it was cheap, and we thought “It can’t be that bad.” How wrong we were. On the flight back from Vancouver to Calgary our flight was delayed to 8pm (original 7:30ish). No big deal. While we were on the way to the airport it gets delayed to around 9pm. Again, not really a huge deal, as we were hoping to get back home at around 11ish. BUT when we got to the airport and decided to get dinner (it was around 7), that’s when we got the email saying our flight got delayed to 10:55, meaning we’d be back by 2am. We were both frustrated at this point since our flight was delayed 3 TIMES and it was starting to become ridiculous. We waited around the airport until around 9:50pm where it gets delayed to 11:05. Only a 10 minute difference but we were losing it. When we actually got onto the plane we didn’t even take off until around 11:30 This was extremely frustrating for us because we were hoping to get back home by transit (because we thought we’d be back earlier) but we were basically stranded at the airport, at like 3am because the bus and trains were off at the time. We had to call a bunch of people waking them up to ask if they could give us a ride and the uber/taxi was WAY too expensive. This airline may be cheap, but the amount of times it was delayed was incredibly ridiculous. Unless you are fine with lots of delays and maybe a cancellation last minute, don’t take this airline.
RouteVancouver to Calgary

"really terrible service"

Trip Verified | My parents and I were flying out of Kelowna to Calgary. Our plane was delayed from the start and they ended up switching our aircraft to a smaller plane. Both my parents paid extra to preboard because they are in wheelchairs. They require a ramp to get in and out of the plane. The ramp was not available when we boarded which caused delays and they couldn't board till it was available. The aircraft then had to wait to fuel then it had electrical issues so we had to wait for that to be checked. The passengers eventually had to get off the plane. My parents and i couldn't get off the plane till the ramp arrived again. After a half hour of being left in the hot airplane, (it was 38° outside) without an exit, we were told that the ramp guy was sent home. My mother's legs were swollen and purple from the heat and my dad was experiencing dizziness and was weak. We were stuck in that hot airplane for 2 hours without air-conditioning or a way off. The emergency crew had to be called to get us off. We waited another four hours for another plane to come only to have it cancelled. There was nobody that could tell us what was going on. Not even the airport could reach the lynx company to find out any updates. Cheap flights yes but really terrible service. I hope Lynx will see this and start making some big changes to the way they treat their customers
RouteKelowna to Calgary

"Absolutely horrible"

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrible. We show up to the airport for a July 30 - August 3rd vacation only to find out that Lynx Air has cancelled our flight. They offered us a different flight on August 6th! 3 days after our return flight. They blame the cancellation on lack of crew. They then change the reason to scheduled maintenance I assume to try and get out of the obligation to provide financial compensation as well as a refund. I called them right away and was on hold for over three hours trying to talk to them. So now they have failed the third obligation of providing a standard level of care. All in all I spent all day on hold, did not get to my destination and had to cancel my entire trip. Thanks Lynx!
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver