Lynx Air

Lynx Air customer review

Not Verified | Very bad airline. Unfriendly staff. Flight was delayed by two hours without notice. I was not seated next to my wife and told it was not possible. We had to take a bus to get to plane. It took ages. Staff is very unprofessional and aggressive.
Date FlownMay 2023

"I try to avoid Lynx at all costs"

Not Verified | If Lynx Air was ever on time it would be a miracle, I fly a lot within Canada, and I try to avoid Lynx at all costs. Occasionally they’re the only option, or truly one fifth the cost of WJ or AC when flying last minute. I can truly say I have never once had my Lynx Air flight depart on time. The part that bothers me most is they do not notify you of delays until you are obviously already at the airport. I always find it hard to believe they had no idea my flight would be hours late up until an hour before boarding.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2023

"It may work, it may not work"

Trip Verified | If there was only 1 airline you must avoid, it has to be Lynx Air. My 2 times experience with Lynx had been nothing but problems that cascaded into bigger problems with my travelling itinerary. So far Lynx Air scored a 100% when it comes to failure. Lynx being budget also have poor customer service to ensure that your problem will always be unresolved. If you fly Lynx on a connecting, it’s basically a coin toss. It may work, it may not work. Be prepared to cancel your hotels and rentals. As a frequent traveller I have never seen a check in counter close >70mins before boarding or delaying a flight by half a day because “can’t fill seats”. But with Lynx, every screwup is possible, and what I got in return was a inflight meal credit. It’s even written in their T&C, go check out their humour. There’s no value for money too since all I got for thousand of dollars of cancellation is a meal credit. Lynx budget air costs more than first class!
RouteLas Vegas to Calgary
Date FlownApril 2023

"appreciated the staff's efforts"

Trip Verified | I recently had a connecting flight from YYZ to YWG to YVR with this airline, and although I missed my final boarding call, the staff at the gate went above and beyond to try and help me make my flight. The final boarding staff was amazing and tried their best to get me onto a flight that was already on the runway, waiting for almost an hour for us. Unfortunately, due to security issues, we were not able to get on the flight. They explained to us that they had already made a call to aviation saying the flight was secured and could not let anyone else board after that. While the experience was not great for me, I appreciated the staff's efforts to help us. I don't know the names of those individuals, but if they happen to read this, I want to thank them very much for going above and beyond to assist me.
RouteToronto to Vancover via Winnipeg

"Do not recommend"

Trip Verified | Had a terrible time with Lynx Air. The 8 of us were booked for a flight to las Vegas and back starting the 20th of April 2023. We got delayed 3 times and then finally canceled on at 5 minutes to our boarding time. We then had to proceed and scramble to find an alternative flight there and back which ranged from $300 there and $700-2200 on the way back. Lynx never communicated with us via email to say our flight was canceled or our return flight was still available. Myself and one of the other guys I was traveling with tried to get ahold of the Lynx Air via any way possible, phone was a 3 hour wait on hold and no one still answered. Email went straight to a dead end email saying it wasn’t valid. And now I’m still on hold for the fourth time and it’s been 2hrs. Honestly embarrassing and frustrating to run a company like this. Lastly we spent a full day waiting for our next flight encured over $500 in additional costs and lost a full day of planned activities and lost even more money because we couldn’t get our deposit back for some of these activities. Do not recommend what so ever. You get what you pay for and this proves it.
RouteCalgary to Las Vegas

"Horrible experience"

Not Verified | Firstly delayed 2 hours. Regular usual personal item pack doesn’t have the same dimensions as Flair / Air Canada / Westjet causing me to pay $90 in “check in bag”. When entering my seat because overhead was full they made me put my $90 bag underneath the seat where personal items go. Horrible experience. Won’t fly again
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownApril 2023

"travel plan was completely messed up"

(China)

Trip Verified | 6 hours of delay. My travel plan was completely messed up because of their failures. no one there provide any help or costumer service. I will never, ever take it again.
Date FlownApril 2023

"very high baggage price"

Trip Verified | Terrible Boarding representatives, very high baggage price, The manager in lynx Toronto threatened to make me lose my flight and call the police on me. Last time am flying Lynx Air. The Reps are Rude and lack customer service skills.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownApril 2023

"Don't waste your time or money"

Trip Verified | Seemed like an okay priced ticket, not super competitive but just enough that I decided to book here. By the time I paid for my carry on ($90), I might as well have flown with a more reputable and comfortable airline. Additionally, the flight was delayed and unlike other budget airlines there's no food or drinks (including water). Don't waste your time or money to fly with this airline, it adds up quicker than other budget airlines and you'll likely arrive late, frustrated and with a dead phone.

"What a disappointment"

Trip Verified | If I’m going to be charged 90 dollars for a carry on, on a 200 dollars ticket which would cost me an additional 180 dollars on a 2 way; why would I not choose more reputable airline than this one for that price? You get fooled with pricing online when you’re booking till the time you need to check in. What a disappointment.
RouteVancouver to Toronto