KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"good luck, you will need it"

Trip Verified | KL 1073 Amsterdam to Manchester flight. Arrived at Schiphol Airport 3.5 hours before the 1 hour 15 mins flight to Manchester. Upon arrival at Manchester half the passengers received their luggage and half did not! No excuses can rectify that happening. We had to fill out paperwork and then leave for our hotel with nothing and hope our luggage would be delivered. It was delivered a day and a half later, in the evening. Upon inquiring at the airport and from the baggage company employees handling this issue for KLM, I found out that this is a regular occurrence each day and not a one off. Apparently they leave your luggage behind in order to ship cargo to Manchester as it is a big money earner for them. They inconvenience the paying customer and spoil their vacation. Luckily we were at a hotel for 4 days but if you are renting a car and moving around Britain - good luck, you will need it. I suggest check out other airlines rather than have this happen to you. We will never fly KLM again!
RouteAmsterdam to Manchester
Date FlownJune 2019

"never book a flight with KLM again"

Not Verified | Leeds to Bremen via Amsterdam. Flew in May but my baggage turned up 4 days later, bought £30 worth of toiletries but no clothes as I’m staying in offshore. Was promised £30 back and £100 compensation. Haven’t received anything but emails telling me my bank details are incorrect. Not the first time it has happened. But certainly the last as I will never book a flight with KLM again
RouteLeeds to Bremen via Amsterdam

"Smooth morning flight"

Trip Verified | Smooth morning flight from Zurich to Amsterdam. Full plane but nevertheless very fast boarding. Exit row seat 11D. Exceptional large legroom. Catering consisted out of a cake, can of water and an additional drink. Only minus was the far away landing runway, so we had to taxi 12 minutes after landing to the terminal.
AircraftE190
RouteZRH to AMS

"Excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Excellent experience, staff are first class, food and entertainment very high standard, easy of travel and ground support excellent, 5 stars all round, seat very comfortable with loads of space, highly recommend.
RouteDublin to Lima via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2019

"the worst day of my life"

Trip Verified | Milan to Amsterdam. KLM just made the worst day of my life! The whole operation and customer service is a joke. They oversold their tickets and put me on the waiting list twice for both of my return flights in the same week. I checked in online early, selected seats, and even traveling with my boyfriend who got a seat. And the customer service just let me down again the staff don’t give a damn and not Helpful at all and won’t even give any apologies!
RouteMilan to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2019

"seats were quite comfortable"

Trip Verified | Paris to Amsterdam on a new 737-800. Boarding was done quickly and the flight was quite full. We had seats 26E and F, which are behind the wing. The interior was equipped with new slimline seats with USB-ports and a adjustable headrest, and the seats were quite comfortable. The legroom was also okay for this short flight. After the on time take-off the cabin crew started to distribute water and cake, and coffee and tea. The crew was quite in a hurry because the flight lasted only for 45-50 minutes, but they managed to serve everyone. Overall, my experience with KLM was very good; good seats, efficient and professional crew with a nice Dutch touch.
RouteParis to Amsterdam

"Never again"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Xiamen to Luxembourg via Amsterdam. Customer service hotline not helpful / efficient in context of ticket rebooking, contacting airline and not any form of willingness to help. Even for 15 hours flight rarely drinks, snacks or good food. If you want water or drink or snack you must go to front on own initiative and staff allow you to take something - general harshness, unflexibility and not sincere treatment of passengers - when asking to get luggage during 14 hours stay or cancelling a last flight and getting luggage earlier, they are worried about money and ask you to pay 300€ if you want your luggage. If you pay 3 flights but want to take only 2 flights they insist to send luggage to last destination or pay 300€. Never again.
RouteXiamen to Luxembourg via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"cant give us good seats"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Singapore. I had heard from colleagues that airlines give you good treatment if you book them for your honeymoon. With this expectation I contacted the crew and informed them of it, they acted cute and nice at first. Later a lady bluntly asks us for our passports and informs us how they cant give us good seats. What dissapointment I feel.
RouteAmsterdam to Singapore

"Would not recommend"

(Luxembourg)

Not Verified | Luxembourg to Oslo via Amsterdam. Early morning flight from Luxembourg to Oslo via Amsterdam. Shortly before boarding they announce there is a technical problem. About 45 minutes later I call KLM for advice whether to rebook immediately for fear of missing the connection in Amsterdam. Person on the other end is of no help and barely understands my question. About 90 minutes after we were supposed to board, flight is cancelled and we are advised to go to counters for rebooking. While waiting in line I discover an e-mail from KLM saying they've rebooked us to an evening flight, which means delay in arrival of about 12 hours, midnight instead of noon. At the counter we are informed there are no available earlier flights and we get zero information about EU directive for compensation in case of delay, just a useless peace of paper saying they're sorry and how I can contact customer service on Twitter. We get vouchers for 10 EUR of airport food and that's it. On the evening flight there are problems as the airport system says the flight is closed and we cannot go to security, takes about 20 minutes to clear that up. Flight to Amsterdam goes smoothly and we arrive practically on the gate for the connection. Flight Amsterdam to Oslo is delayed about 15 minutes. On the way back, Oslo-Amsterdam goes well. Amsterdam to Luxembourg, they put us in the plane and announce there is a delay due to strike of Belgian air control, will take about 20 minutes, ends up taking 35, and then they discover a technical problem and call maintenance. Another good 20 minutes until they reset something, and we are good to go. Which means another 10-15 minutes plus long taxi. During lift-off, drops of water fall on my husband sitting next to the window, most likely condensate due to poor isolation on the cabin roof. Also once during the flight. First time flying KLM, two delays in a week, and one of those significant. We planned a day and a half in Oslo and this delay significantly influenced our schedule, not to mention we were horribly tired after waking up at 4 to catch the first flight and then waiting an entire day for the next one. The only reason they are getting 4/10 is that the customer service answered my e-mail quickly and said we were eligible for compensation according to the EU directive. However, had I not known my rights, KLM certainly would not have informed me of them. Would not recommend and will not fly again.
RouteLuxembourg to Oslo via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"very pleased with staff"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Amsterdam. I am very pleased with staff and services of KLM. My economy seating was upgraded to Business with miles. Staff at Delhi airport was kind and professional. Lounge staff, airline staff was courteous and polite. I thank airline and their staff for outstanding service.
RouteDelhi to Amsterdam