KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"friendly and accommodating"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. The crew on KLM are so friendly and accommodating. Amenity kit handed out with menus and hot towels. Welcome drink served champagne. For dinner I had beef lasagne, also served with chicken satay entree and mango cake for dessert. Seat was comfortable and entertainment had lots of content. Thank you to the KLM crew for being awesome.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Berlin. Worst customer service experience I’ve had. Had to wait in the airport line for more than an 90 minutes, there was no delay whatsoever to my flight, no one could properly assist me, they told me I would get a free ticket for the next flight to the city that I was going to and when I went to claim that ticket they denied the service. Staff lack of empathy and understanding. I spent more than three hours in the Schiphol airport not being able to get any help. I’ve never felt so irrelevant and mistreated. Great way for KLM to make money!
RouteAmsterdam to Berlin
Date FlownOctober 2019

"most horrible seating"

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Atlanta via Amsterdam. We had the most horrible seating experience I have ever had on a flight. We spent over 11.5 hours (from Cape Town to Amsterdam) either on top of the passengers next to me or visa-versa. The plane was configured 3x4x3 with the narrowest isles I have seen. Only 3 of the 4 seats had a designated place for your legs. I had no place for my legs. I will never fly KLM again. Clearly making their passengers comfortable is NOT their priority. I booked Delta and ended up in KLM... In addition, the flights to Amsterdam and Atlanta were completely Full!! Never, never, never again!!! What a horrible travel experience!!
AircraftBoeing 777- 300
RouteCape Town to Atlanta via Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Fare was pretty affordable"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Amsterdam. Good flight. Good food. On time departure. On board staff were friendly. Comfortable trip and reached before scheduled time. Fare was pretty affordable. Food was good.
RouteCopenhagen to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2019

"staff were friendly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Helsinki in June 2019. Good flight. Good food. On time departure. On board staff were friendly. The flight was delayed due to rain in the Netherlands.
RouteAmsterdam to Helsinki
Date FlownJune 2019

"Such a disappointment"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Amsterdam. Nonexistent Customer Service in KLM. My flight was cancelled while we were on the runway, causing major problems. I submitted a claim on the same day, February 3rd. Today is February 12th and I have not received any answer from them. Absolutely unacceptable. Way worse than low-cost airlines. Such a disappointment.
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"KLM is my preferred airline"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Torp Sandefjord to Singapore via Amsterdam. KLM is my preferred airline, mainly due to a good connection from my local airport. Reliable and helpful in case of any problems. In general a good impression of them!
RouteTorp Sandefjord to Singapore via Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"treating customers with such indifference"

Trip Verified | Me and my husband went Bristol to Sao Paulo via Amsterdam and arrived there without our luggage. In Sao Paulo, KLM staff told us that we could buy some things that we needed until we got our luggage back and when we come back from our trip we could claim the money back. Then after 3 days of a very difficult time without our luggage, they sent it to another city about 1 hour away from where we were. So we had to spend more money + time to go there to pick it up. Them when I came back to England I've tried to claim the money that we spent daily back and they have told me then that I had only 21 days to claim it back. But the staff in the airport did not told us about this, they gave us only some paper works about lost luggage but even on the paper works does not say anything about we having only 21 days to claim it back. So I don't know how we would have to know it. I think that this is very wrong as there was no way for us to know about the time limit to claim it back. I have sent all the paperwork to then and they can see that we haven't been told about it and still they do not care about us. Very bad company treating customers like this with such indifference. It looks like they don't give you enough information so they don't have to pay you back.
RouteBristol to Sao Paulo via Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"total waste of money"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Dublin to Amsterdam business class. had bought a semi flex ticket and upgraded at check in to business class. Huge queues for check in at Dublin so would guess many were running for their flights . Did not use the lounge - boarding on time - no air bridge - Seats old and in need of replacing - Aircraft + 16 years old and needs a refurb badly/ The seat had little padding. and standard Y class seats with middle free . Crew ok, went about the job no smiles. catering awful - was totally inedible and was a salad. Couple of drinks served with no problem. Landed on time - bags out first I would not pay for this service for 90 minutes - total waste of money.
RouteDublin to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2019

"good flight and service"

Trip Verified | Flew on the KL 0947 City Hopper from Amsterdam to Belfast. As I had already checked my baggage through from another flight I was able to relax in the KLM lounge. The lounge is quite large and has a very good selection of food, snacks and drinks. The plane was located in a remote area, therefore we had to board via a bus, however the boarding process was quick and orderly. The flight itself was good and the cabin served a small lunch with drinks. We arrived in Belfast 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Overall good flight and service and will certainly try it again.
AircraftEmbraer 175