KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"The service was abhorrent"

Not Verified | The service was abhorrent. They did not provide any choice of food, they never once even asked if anyone wanted anything to drink and when I had to ask for something the only thing that was offered was water. While the crew was making coffee behind the curtain, I was in the first seat in business class, when another passenger asked if he could get a cuppa coffee he was told no there wasn’t any. The crew was completely in attentive, I don’t even know why they were on board. The plane was an hour and a half late because the gate agents never told passengers before boarding that there was an additional security check and there was a line of at least 40 people. Have they been organized they could have told everyone and people would have been at the game earlier and not had a 1 1/2+ hour delay! This is the absolute worst flight I have ever had.
RouteAmsterdam to Los Angeles
Date FlownJune 2020

"They send you a voucher"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to Recife via Amsterdam. They cancel flights but are unable to refund them. They send you a voucher that you must use within a year.
RouteMilan to Recife via Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2020

"just issued the voucher"

Trip Verified | My flight never actually happened. It was cancelled by KLM and KLM refused to pay me a refund. They never even offered a choice refund or voucher but instead just issued the voucher. Since I have been trying to receive my money back but as thousands others I am unsuccessful. Horrible customer service. Avoid at all cost as you won't fly and won't see your money back.
RouteEdinburgh to Los Angeles via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2020

"not get a refund but a voucher"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to St Martin via Amsterdam. After KLM cancelled our flights, due to COVID-19, we filled in the refund form online, expecting, as it said on the form, to get reimbursed. When this did not happen I called / e mailed & contacted everybody I could connected to KLM only to be told that the form was a Robot error & we would not get a refund but a voucher. I am still chasing my refund of £2,900 and will never fly or recommend KLM to anyone in the future.
RouteBirmingham to St Martin via Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2020

"never use this airline again"

Not Verified | Worse than budget airline service but without the budget airline prices. As a family we took over 20 flights last year and all but 3 were delayed (by over 3 hours) or cancelled. Trying to claim compensation for one of the delays (over 3 hours) has been impossible, and this was before corona crisis. The customer service is non existent and what little response I have had has made absolutely no sense and has just sent me back to the beginning of the complaint process. I will never use this airline again.
RouteNuremberg to Leeds Bradford via Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2019

"denying any compensation"

Trip Verified | On my way back from Indonesia to Europe in June 2019, our main flight to Amsterdam was slightly delayed. If I was on time for checking in (Amsterdam-Cork), my checked luggages were not. Rather than letting me onboard to then deliver my luggags the next day by delivery, KLM found more appropriate and cheaper for the airline to make me wait another 12 hours in the airport (after an already strenuous travel from SE Asia.) When attempting to board the final plane as I was queuing with other passengers, I was denied boarding by KLM agents at the Gate while other passengers were allowed boarding (Flight operated by Air Lingus). I was told to go to another gate (T for transfer). Once at the T gate, I was told to wait 12 hours in the airport for the next flight. I was fuming and asked for compensation as I could have boarded this damn plane! KLM staff in the airport told me to contact customer service online to ask for compensation. According Regulation (EC) No 261/2004, I should have been informed by KLM about my rights regarding this flight delay, my meal and drink should have been covered, and I was entitled to get compensation. They claimed that I was late for my flight and missed it thus denying any compensation request.
RouteBali to Cork via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2019

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | KLM cancelled our flight three times. It was rescheduled in order to find a solution because of the current crisis. Absolutely horrible customer service that makes you feel like absolute garbage. This company doesn't respect EU laws as they refuse to refund cancelled flights. Customers must hold this company accountable and never fly with them again in the future.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Strasbourg via Amsterdam

"refused to refund me"

Trip Verified | I have been appalled by the treatment from KLM. They cancelled my biz class flight from Manchester to Bangkok and refused to refund me, giving me a voucher for £130 less than what I paid . I don’t want a voucher which I might never use but the fact that they refuse to honour the full amount I paid is deplorable.
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I really enjoyed my flight"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Nairobi to Amsterdam. I flew with KLM on from the 20th to the 21st of April during the pandamic through a charter flight. As a teenager travelling alone for the first time, half way across the globe, it was important for me to feel safe which the KLM succeeded in. The food was definitely one of the best airplane foods I've had. In addition to this the entertainment available on each flight; they have music of all genres available, featured movies from all over the world, video games, and podcasts! I really enjoyed my flight everything surpassed my expectation, which is why I felt the need to take some time write this review.
RouteNairobi to Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2020

"won't recommend flying with them"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Rome to Stockholm via Amsterdam. I experienced the worst customer service ever. I received multiple emails every day either changing flights or cancelling the trip. It was so confusing that I had to call the customer support for confirmation. After my flights were confirmed to be cancelled, KLM kept urging me to opt for a voucher. They kept repeating that a voucher (1 year, non-refundable) was a fair option for customers and the companies. Even though I had a pleasant experience with KLM-AirFrance during my previous business trip, I won't recommend flying with them.
RouteRome to Stockholm via Amsterdam