KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"extra legroom seats were comfortablev"

Trip Verified | Easy check in at Berlin even though we arrived very early. The plane was 2x2 and the extra legroom seats were comfortable. We had a small pack of chips on board but had wine too. Pilot caught up even though plane departed late. Good experience.
AircraftCity hopper
RouteBerlin to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2021

"special meal requests are not attended to"

Trip Verified | Oct 30th was our fourth flight to Curacao. Flight attendants absolutely marvellous. But the customer service on earth is the worst I ever met on any of the about 10 airlines I have booked in the last 20 years. Especially their website. It needs hours to find special info. Our special meal requests (esp. gluten free for me) once set in our Flying Blue accounts have disappeared. On the website, you are linked into nowhere or into a roundabout when you want to settle it. As we won't have dubious software on our laptops and therefore stun Messenger, Whatsapp & Cie, there is no other possibility than writing emails. But they are never answered let alone followed. On every inflight, our special meal requests are not attended to. For the return, we have to go to the not-so-far KLM office in Hato and ask for our meals at the counter. A shame for an Airline which keeps shouting on their ads: "We Care"!
RouteFrankfurt to Curacao via Amsterdam

"The food was repulsive"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | The flight for economy class was improved as most people had their single row of 3 and 4 seats to themselves when travelling solo, this was good as allowed laying down on the 13hrs flight. However, there was limited offer of trolley service for even soft drinks - only 3 times on entire flight and not even water left if you were sleeping during that trolley visit. Cabin staff were very polite and professional, announcements were minimal and promotional adverts only during boarding and deplaning at the gates. The food was repulsive, with the main course being some sort of fine noodles with a washed out seafood taste - not edible for me. The breakfast thing with something green in the scrambled egg roll was to me a repulsive smell and taste - plus more of that washed out fish base perhaps. The S. African red wine was delicious - I will be looking for CApe brand in the wine shop and wine section at supermarkets. The food was so poor in economy that if KLM economy travelled again I will my buy food before boarding. The seats were very firm, too firm for long haul and as very empty flight that I found the seats to be super uncomfortable to lie on due to seat belt fastenings projecting above seat. The movie selection was very poor, full of outdated and poor quality movies.
RouteBangkok to Newcastle via Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2021

"the worst customer experience"

(Romania)

Trip Verified |  We flew from Bucharest to Ibiza with a layover in Amsterdam. First of all, we departure with a delay because the flight was overbooked and then upon landing, the cabin crew informs us we have missed our connection flight to Ibiza because of the delay. I even see that in the KLM mobile app and I get a text message on my phone confirming we've missed out flight. Getting out of the plane, we decide to still go at the gate and see that we really missed out flight, since anyway it was the last flight to Ibiza that day. And guess what, we did not miss the flight. The gate was still open and we were able to board our flight to Ibiza. Upon landing, I get again an email and a text message letting me know that our baggage was not transferred and it will arrive in Ibiza after 24 hours and we each can spend up to 100 euros to buy the necessities and the extra costs will be refunded by KLM. I've submitted this claim on the 8th of September and since then called 10 times different numbers, followed up on my request via the KLM website and never heard back. Everyone I'm talking to on the phone does not know how to help me and nobody replies via email. I've contacted KLM via phone, email, WhatsApp number, Facebook. I even called the number in France for AirFrance's main customer service and nobody can help. This is very frustrating and the worst customer experience.
RouteBucharest to Ibiza via Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2021

"stewards and stewardesses were simply amazing"

Trip Verified | We were on flight KL0591 from Amsterdam to Johannesburg on 21 October and on Flight 0592 from Johannesburg to Amsterdam on 6 November. We were a party of 4 adults and 1 baby of 1 years and 3 months. The KLM stewards and stewardesses were simply amazing. They went out of their way to help us with the baby, were very involved with the baby's well-being, etc. They were all very professional, but still friendly. They handled the Covid-19 restrictions with a firm hand which made us felt safe and well looked after. One lady in particular was the embodiment of professional service. We fly 20 to 20 times per year and with many different airlines, but the personnel on these two flights showed again that KLM is the best airline in the world.
RouteJohannesburg to Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2021

"changed my flight destination"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | KLM changed my flight destination from Buenos Aires to Asuncion without my agreement. I have the next flight the same day from Buenos Aires. No explanations, no refunds. Support only sends copy paste excuse.
RouteKyiv to Buenos Aires via Sao Paulo
Date FlownNovember 2021

"overall experience is below Ryanair"

(Spain)

Not Verified | The check-in service was The worst experience i had for years. The ground staff especially The manager was rude. They set up The check-in in a way that normal customers were forming a queue at the very extreme left of an alley while priority clients would have a direct access to the two sole desks available. The two sole desks were checking in the priority people arriving in front of them. Normal clients had to wait 20 minutes before being called. People got so frustrated that naturally they started to wait inside the alley to be closer to the two sole desks. A lady acting like a manager pushed everybody back to the waiting point. I had the nerve to tell to that lady that we were become frustrating. We have been told that we were not a priority. Message received! The overall experience was to make you feel frustrated and envious. It so obvious that it becomes obscene and ridiculous. It is the last time i take this company. The overall experience is below Ryanair on its worst day. I will focus on companies doing their best to make you feel welcome and not creating unnecessary tensions.
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2021

"My luggage never arrived"

Not Verified | Horrible experience. I was flying with KLM in Business class. My luggage never arrived and i fill out a missing form report. Next day i got a text saying my luggage is on the way to Amsterdam and they apologise. When i checked online on the worldtracking website it says that my luggage is in Brazil (I did not fly to Brazil so i have no idea). A few days later and my luggage is still missing. I called them a few times and i keep getting the same answer 'Your luggage shown in Brazil but we cannot find it'. In the meantime i received a message from Avianca saying that they have accidently found my luggage in Bogota! As a business class passenger and a silver member with KLM I found the experience dreadful. I will not be flying again anytime soon.
RouteBogota to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2021

"pay 75 Euros for 3.8 excess weight"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | KLM could not care less about their travellers. Despite traffic in airports are still very low, I have been asked to pay 75 Euros for 3.8 excess weight on the 23 kg allowance. I removed one item and I was still 1.9 kg above. I was still required to pay 75 euros. Supervisor told me that I need to read the rules. I tell them they need to find other customers because I will never take this airline again. To provide the full Picture the cost of one way exceeded 359 euros
RouteNice to Rome via Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2021

"genuinely care about their passengers"

Not Verified | I missed my flight for Amsterdam to attend my sister's graduation. I called KLM Customer Service and they were so gracious! They guided me through the whole process with minimal fee. I can tell that they genuinely care about their passengers, special thanks to Charissa, I am truly grateful that you were the one who answered my call, you made my entire year.
RouteLondon to Amsterdam