KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"seat itself is fairly comfortable"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Beijing. Flew on KLM’s new Boeing 787-9, so the cabin overall is new and modern. The seat itself is fairly comfortable and legroom is average (I’m 175cm tall) however, KLM only provide a blanket on long haul flights, which do make trying to sleep harder. The amount of movies and shows available on the IFE is one of the best I’ve seen. While the range of shows is great, most only do have 1 episode. The huge selection and modern IFE is, unfortunately, undermined by the horrible audio quality. I’m not sure if this is true only for my seat, but there was a lot of background noise, meaning that I had to half-guess what the actors are saying (as there aren’t any English subtitles available either). Dinner was served with a choice of beef or chicken (I went for the chicken), which was a little bland in my opinion but the rest of the meal is fine. Overall, I enjoyed my flight, however, there's nothing about their service that would make me pay extra to fly with them, but it's definitely an airline to choose when the price is right.
RouteAmsterdam to Beijing
Date FlownJune 2019

"Good flight with KLM"

Not Verified | Tokyo to Amsterdam. Good flight with KLM. Always really good service and nice cabin crew. Crew speaks good English and on Japan flights they have Japanese speaking crew. Two good meals and in between I was mostly sleeping. Really quiet nice flight.
RouteTokyo to Amsterdam

"excellent service"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Manchester. As ever, excellent service and flight with KLM. I also enjoyed the Crown Lounge 52 at Schipol, which was great. The flight was short and sweet, and very comfortable in seat 2F. As a new plane, it had in-seat USB charging too, which came in handy. Excellent food and drinks as well. Very happy customer!
RouteAmsterdam to Manchester
Date FlownJuly 2019

"dropped its standard considerably"

Trip Verified | London City to Amsterdam. The check in was an hour. The flight delayed and seat at I'm sitting in has vomit on it and I was not offered an alternate seat. This is the worst flight I've been on. KLM has dropped its standard considerably. I will not use KLM now.
RouteLondon City to Amsterdam

"service was good"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Wroclaw to Amsterdam. It was a bit delayed leaving but arrived on time. Everything was okay but the snacks were very small. The service was good and all the processes were smooth and I really like the colour of the aircraft.
RouteWroclaw to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"service was lovely"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Amsterdam. I was originally booked onto another flight with Flybe however due to technical problems, the flight was downgraded and I was booked onto another flight. As I had arrived really early, I was booked onto the 5:55am flight with KLM. The service was lovely, the flight attendants were very nice and cheerful even at 6am. The pilot let us know what was happening and informed us due to a favourable tailwind, it was likely we would arrive at Amsterdam early. I also assumed because it was a short flight that no refreshments would be provided which was not the case.
RouteManchester to Amsterdam

"Very comfortable trip"

Trip Verified | Early morning flight Manchester to Amsterdam. I was sitting in seat 2F in Business Class. Flight departed nearly half an hour late due to the weather in Amsterdam, but we arrived ahead of schedule. Very comfortable trip and service from the cabin crew was superb. They served a delicious breakfast, which I enjoyed. I cannot recommend KLM highly enough.
RouteManchester to Amsterdam

"Service was ok"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Stockholm with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. After being delayed for nearly an hour on board, we finally took off to a smooth flight. No entertainment on board the 2 hour flight. Our snack was a small slice of cake, water and a selection of drinks, although alcoholic beverages were also available. Service was ok. We didn’t test it out much on the 2 hour flight. Seats are ok. Leg space is narrow. I noted Business Class looks exactly the same except they sit right in front - looks completely pointless to fly business.
RouteAmsterdam to Stockholm
Date FlownJuly 2019

"great service from the KLM staff"

Trip Verified | When we arrived at the airport and through security check, we received a message that our flight from Amsterdam to Shanghai was cancelled. (From Amsterdam to Shanghai with KLM, from Shanghai to Bali with China Eastern) This message came 2 hours before scheduled departure (21:30). Reason: technical problem with the Dreamliner. We went directly to the transfer desk, where they could inform us they rebooked our flight to the next day at 14:30 via Dubai - very dissappointed. Because we knew there was a direct flight to Denpasar (Bali) departing at 21:00, we were offered to go to the ticketing and service desk. At this desk they luckily rescheduled our flight to the direct one to Bali. So we arrived 5 hours earlier than expected, because we now flew via Singapore instead of Shanghai. Unfortunately, our gluten free meal could not be rescheduled. Very great service from the KLM staff, besides the meals.
RouteAmsterdam to Shanghai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"attendants were so kind"

Not Verified | New York to Amsterdam. The flight attendants were so kind to me and my wife. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and they surprised us with a nice token to celebrate. We sat towards the end of the plane but we will never forget the crew who treated us wonderfully. We did not get their names but two of them stood out.
RouteNew York to Amsterdam