KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"one big thank you to KLM!"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | Cancun to Sofia via Mexico City / Amsterdam. I want to say one big thank you to KLM! I was trying to go back from Mexico to Europe for about two weeks, after my initial flight with another airline got canceled without even been told. KLM were extremely helpful, my flights were keep getting canceled due to the situation at the moment. But they were very nice and doing their best to put me on a flight back home as soon as possible. Yes, it was very difficult to reach them atm, but at the end I succeed. The journey itself was long and exhausting, but they took measures on their flights and cabin crew was very attentive and nice. They were also keeping me Uup to date with emails of whats going on with my flights, which at the moment was so so important. Aircraft were nice, clean and comfortable. I will definitely fly with you guys, again!
AircraftBoeing 787-9 Dreamliner
RouteCancun to Sofia via Mexico City / Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2020

"lucky to have very friendly crews"

Trip Verified | Rio de Janeiro to Berlin via Amsterdam. Thanks to KLM our daughter could come back home safe from the other end of the world, although it took several days and rebooking. KLM was the first airline to offer rebooking as good as it was possible with the many customers around the world. Our family has been flying KLM quite often and has always been lucky to have very friendly crews!
RouteRio de Janeiro to Berlin via Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2020

"voucher would take multiple weeks"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Frankfurt via Amsterdam for 8th April. My flight from LA to Amsterdam was announced to be delayed for 2 hours due to the coronavirus, so I would not have reached my connecting flight to Frankfurt (the only one during the day). So I canceled my flight online and was told I would get a voucher. Finally, I got a message that issuing the voucher would take multiple weeks! I want to get out of here in about 2 weeks, not after "multiple" weeks. After complaining, I was told to be patient and report back if I haven't heard from them within 4 weeks! Now I'm stuck in LA.
RouteLos Angeles to Frankfurt via Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2020

"the worst customer service I have ever received"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The airline canceled the flight, and it was nearly impossible to speak with a customer service agent capable of switching me to a different flight. I was not able to switch my flight on the website because of the type of luggage I was bringing, so I was forced to deal with their extremely rude and unknowledgeable customer service agents. I ended up being on the phone with them for hours. I was transfered around and spoke with several different agents, all of which gave me different answers about flight availabilty and refunds available. When one of their very unintelligent agents finally switched my flight to a new date, he also changed the baggage policy and wouldn't tell me why. When I asked if I could add another piece of luggage, he said "Thanks for calling", then just hung up. I am a very active flyer and have flown with many different airlines, but this was the worst customer service I have ever received, and will avoid flying with KLM in the future. I will happily spend double the money to fly with a half-decent airline.
RouteKyiv to Madrid via Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2020

"cabin crew was very friendly"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. The cabin crew was very friendly, which is a good thing for me who is a nervous flyer. The seat is comfortable for a tall person, and spacious. The food was okay for me.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2019

"couldn't reach customer service"

Not Verified | Lusaka to Zurich via Amsterdam. Disastrous. Got a notice that my return flight from Zambia to Zurich was cancelled two days before flying without any alternatives. They have no office in Zambia. I couldn't reach customer service via Whatsapp, Email or phone service, I tried to call them for 4 days countless hours. The online rebooking tool didn't work, just told me to call customer service. That was even before Zambia had reported cases of Corona so all other airlines were still flying. I ended up waiting until the very last minute and as I couldn't reach them and the German embassy issued a statement that travellers should leave the country immediately I purchased a list minute one-way flight with another airline back to Zürich over Nairobi, London, Paris and Geneva for a very very high price. If anyone has an idea how to get this money back, please let me know. Still haven't heard from KLM despite writing to them. Of course, this is an exceptional situation for all airlines but just dumping people somewhere. I mean. Never imagines such a big airline could behave like this.
RouteLusaka to Zurich via Amsterdam

"disappointed in KLM"

Trip Verified | Booked to return from Malaysia to Amsterdam on 31/03/2020. Flight cancelled by KLM one week prior to departure, the reason being Coronavirus. No options given except refund voucher to the value of the flight. I appreciate the problem the airlines are currently having, however: 1. KLM had a daily service to Malaysia. However, they reduced this by half in the two weeks before my flight was due to depart. Last KLM flight from Malaysia was on 28/03/2020 although both Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam airport remained open thereafter. 2. I repeatedly tried to reschedule (bring forward) on the KLM website, but it would not allow. I did have a very basic economy ticket, but the website advised that all change costs were being waived by KLM in the current circumstances. But still not allowed to change. 3. If KLM had allowed me to reschedule and if they had kept their daily service up to 28/03/2020, I and numerous other KLM customers could have safely travelled with KLM. 4. I am of the opinion that the reasons behind the cancellation were purely financial; KLM calculated it was cheaper to cancel the tickets outstanding rather than send aircraft to Malaysia to pick up the passengers (many of whom would have very cheap tickets). A very cynical attitude from a major aviation operator when people are understandably anxious in the circumstances. I was able to buy a ticket on Malaysia Airlines (who were truly excellent in the circumstances) however I know there were many other people who were having great difficulty in getting/affording an alternative flight. Very disappointed in KLM, an airline that I have used for over 25 years both for business and pleasure and where once I had a platinum flyer card.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they even didn't say sorry"

(Lithuania)

Not Verified | They lost my and my wifes baggage. The worst thing is not that they lost it, but how they treated after. Nobody cares, not answering emails or Facebook support by messenger. We received our baggage by own expenses from destination airport after almost one week and they even didn't say sorry. I only got email with 'case closed' and etc. They are not as royal as they pretend.
RouteVilnius to Arusha via Vilnius
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no charge for the phone"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bergen to Moscow in economy class on a very old plane, the seats are bad and not comfortable. There is no charge for the phone. There is almost no food, there are drinks, but the choice is not large. We were treated to a cake in honor of the 100th anniversary
RouteBergen to Moscow
Date FlownOctober 2019

"There is almost no food"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Amsterdam on a very old plane, the seats are bad, sitting is not comfortable. There is no charge for the phone. There is almost no food, there are drinks, but the choice is not large.
RouteMoscow to Amsterdam