KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"seats were quite comfortable"

Trip Verified | Paris to Amsterdam on a new 737-800. Boarding was done quickly and the flight was quite full. We had seats 26E and F, which are behind the wing. The interior was equipped with new slimline seats with USB-ports and a adjustable headrest, and the seats were quite comfortable. The legroom was also okay for this short flight. After the on time take-off the cabin crew started to distribute water and cake, and coffee and tea. The crew was quite in a hurry because the flight lasted only for 45-50 minutes, but they managed to serve everyone. Overall, my experience with KLM was very good; good seats, efficient and professional crew with a nice Dutch touch.
RouteParis to Amsterdam

"Never again"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Xiamen to Luxembourg via Amsterdam. Customer service hotline not helpful / efficient in context of ticket rebooking, contacting airline and not any form of willingness to help. Even for 15 hours flight rarely drinks, snacks or good food. If you want water or drink or snack you must go to front on own initiative and staff allow you to take something - general harshness, unflexibility and not sincere treatment of passengers - when asking to get luggage during 14 hours stay or cancelling a last flight and getting luggage earlier, they are worried about money and ask you to pay 300€ if you want your luggage. If you pay 3 flights but want to take only 2 flights they insist to send luggage to last destination or pay 300€. Never again.
RouteXiamen to Luxembourg via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"cant give us good seats"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Singapore. I had heard from colleagues that airlines give you good treatment if you book them for your honeymoon. With this expectation I contacted the crew and informed them of it, they acted cute and nice at first. Later a lady bluntly asks us for our passports and informs us how they cant give us good seats. What dissapointment I feel.
RouteAmsterdam to Singapore

"Would not recommend"

(Luxembourg)

Not Verified | Luxembourg to Oslo via Amsterdam. Early morning flight from Luxembourg to Oslo via Amsterdam. Shortly before boarding they announce there is a technical problem. About 45 minutes later I call KLM for advice whether to rebook immediately for fear of missing the connection in Amsterdam. Person on the other end is of no help and barely understands my question. About 90 minutes after we were supposed to board, flight is cancelled and we are advised to go to counters for rebooking. While waiting in line I discover an e-mail from KLM saying they've rebooked us to an evening flight, which means delay in arrival of about 12 hours, midnight instead of noon. At the counter we are informed there are no available earlier flights and we get zero information about EU directive for compensation in case of delay, just a useless peace of paper saying they're sorry and how I can contact customer service on Twitter. We get vouchers for 10 EUR of airport food and that's it. On the evening flight there are problems as the airport system says the flight is closed and we cannot go to security, takes about 20 minutes to clear that up. Flight to Amsterdam goes smoothly and we arrive practically on the gate for the connection. Flight Amsterdam to Oslo is delayed about 15 minutes. On the way back, Oslo-Amsterdam goes well. Amsterdam to Luxembourg, they put us in the plane and announce there is a delay due to strike of Belgian air control, will take about 20 minutes, ends up taking 35, and then they discover a technical problem and call maintenance. Another good 20 minutes until they reset something, and we are good to go. Which means another 10-15 minutes plus long taxi. During lift-off, drops of water fall on my husband sitting next to the window, most likely condensate due to poor isolation on the cabin roof. Also once during the flight. First time flying KLM, two delays in a week, and one of those significant. We planned a day and a half in Oslo and this delay significantly influenced our schedule, not to mention we were horribly tired after waking up at 4 to catch the first flight and then waiting an entire day for the next one. The only reason they are getting 4/10 is that the customer service answered my e-mail quickly and said we were eligible for compensation according to the EU directive. However, had I not known my rights, KLM certainly would not have informed me of them. Would not recommend and will not fly again.
RouteLuxembourg to Oslo via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"very pleased with staff"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Amsterdam. I am very pleased with staff and services of KLM. My economy seating was upgraded to Business with miles. Staff at Delhi airport was kind and professional. Lounge staff, airline staff was courteous and polite. I thank airline and their staff for outstanding service.
RouteDelhi to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"done with KLM and Delta"

Trip Verified | This International Delta flight was operated by KLM on the return way. I missed my connection due to delay in Berlin at take off and was off-put by the just okay behaviour of the crew. Messy on boarding, very light apologies when we started to face heavy delays, scarce information, except at the very end. At Schiphol airport, the experience shifted from average to bad. My flight got rescheduled though Atlanta, not what I wanted, with no means to change. Pretty rude, snarky people and I got a 5-euro voucher compensation for snacks. I got to the new lounge. Icy reception from the lady at the entrance. At that point, I had reached a point of frustration where I wouldn't want to go through the KLM website. I tried as an experimental thing is there a way I could ask to talk to one of these human beings, and just share my experience (and name and ticket) via an actual conversation, so that it would end up being logged somewhere? TI had to press a button "Other requests" and find out that I was #3 in the queue before someone would talk to me. But since there was no actual way for anyone to identify me I finally approached someone. Quietly and politely. She acted quite professionally but said she could do nothing for me unless "I would go on line and fill a form". Wonders of rationalism. I am done with KLM and Delta. I booked my next flight via Lufthansa.
RouteAmsterdam to Seattle

"Shocking customer service"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Delhi via Amsterdam. The poor relation in business class travel. Shocking customer service when our flight was delayed all other connecting flights overbooked - re-routed us to another airport - had to arrange our own taxi to drive over 300 miles - we had a 10 hour delay and will find a loop hole to avoid any compensation - blaming re-routing air traffic out of their control. Much better airlines who care and follow up professional. Wouldn't fly again BC or indeed recommend.
RouteManchester to Delhi via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"hot and stuffy during boarding"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Oslo. Flight KL1147 was delayed by 1 hour. The first reason given was “late arrival of incoming aircraft”. The second reason was “strike in France”. The third and later excuse from the flight deck was “new system of air traffic control”. I had preciously noted that this week this flight had been delayed regularly. Inside the cabin it was extremely hot and stuffy during boarding. It was a fairly new plane and the purser had to be told by a cabin crew how to shut the overhead lockers. Apart from this it was a good flight.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteAmsterdam to Oslo

"They overbook flights"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to London. Never fly KLM. They overbook flights leaving your journey stressful and unplannable. Was not communicated to me at all why I couldn’t check in my flight remotely online when I got the hint and then going to airport I wasn’t given a seat.
RouteAmsterdam to London
Date FlownMay 2019

"never fly with KLM again"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Amsterdam. I will certainly never fly with KLM again. The flight wasn’t a nightmare but it was definitely one of the worse ones I’ve been on. While it was severely delayed that is not why I am rating it so low. My issue with the flight lies mainly in the impolite attitude of the stewardesses and the horrendous food. Flying in business class I expected the food and service to be at least somewhat decent but was thoroughly disappointed. Not only were the stewardesses impolite but also almost shouting to each other, which got rather annoying after a short while. The business class passengers were only offered a small cup of tea once during the entire flight, as far as beverages are concerned. The food was also worse than most economy class meals I have eaten in my life.
RouteBerlin to Amsterdam