KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"pay a little bit more so that you don’t have to deal with this terrible airline"

Trip Verified | My flight from JFK to AMS was delayed for 3 hours. As a result, I missed my connecting flight in AMS. The next available direct flight wasn’t until 4 days later. The desk agent said that KLM doesn’t give out vouchers anymore, and that my hotel cost would be reimbursed. Now that I’ve submitted the receipts, their customer service is sending me the same message over and over saying they won’t compensate me, even though my situation is eligible per EU law. Do yourself a favor and pay a little bit more so that you don’t have to deal with this terrible airline.
RouteNew York JFK to Kilimanjaro via Amsterdam

"Very bad service"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Madrid. I had a tiny bag used for business so less than the size of a computer bag. At the door they decided to take it for checking in without any justification. They allowed other suitcases to get into the plan much bigger than mine. They didn’t even allow me to explain the right reasons why they should not do it as the suitcase fit underneath the seat without any problem. They acted rude and very unprofessional. Very bad service and totally discriminatory.
RouteAmsterdam to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2022

"KLM was very slow in replying to my queries"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | KLM lost my baggage while in transit from Amsterdam (Schipol Airport) to Scotland (Glasgow Airport). Since then, I have raised multiple appeals to find my luggage and finally just to claim for lost baggage. KLM was very slow in replying to my queries (status of my appeals and baggage) and now they have stopped completely. The airline seems oblivious to the concern and anxiety we passengers face when our luggage was lost (I had to live without the contents of my luggage for 81 days and counting). Even so, KLM chose to reply sporadically and non-specifically, averaging about 1 time a week. They provided no phone contact number and their online support staff continuously ask me to wait as they are ‘fetching more information’. This happened until the support ticket was mysteriously closed. This has happened for 2 times. All I wish is for me to either get my belongings back, or get compensation to buy back the things I lost, due to the airline’s inefficiencies.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Glasgow via Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2022

"stuck in Scotland with no luggage"

Trip Verified | I have tried at least 8 different numbers to talk to someone about filing a claim. I have tried on-line and explained that to the one person I got hold of - I thought I finally was getting help and the person I then spoke to said they couldn't help either - use the on-line. I am currently stuck in Scotland, with no luggage what so ever and am unable to file a claim. I realize things right now are crazy - but this is ridiculous.
RouteAmsterdam to Glasgow
Date FlownJuly 2022

"always friendly and efficient"

Not Verified | Tampa to Edinburgh via Amsterdam. We flew to Edinburgh on my husband's birthday. We were completely surprised when the flight attendant serving beverages wished him a happy birthday. Later in the flight she brought him a gift bag of food and snacks and a card signed by the whole crew of Flight KL1277. Totally unexpected and really appreciated. We flew two routes on KLM on this trip and the customer service was always friendly and efficient. No cancellations, late arrivals or lost luggage. If we are able we certainly intend to fly this airline again.
RouteTampa to Edinburgh via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2022

"KLM lies"

Trip Verified | KLM lies. We were asked if we could check our carry on at the gate because the flight was very full. They said we would again get them directly at the gate after the flight and would not have to wait at the baggage claim. So we wanted to help out and gave them our carry-ons. After the flight they said that they were not giving us the carry-ons at the gate and that we have to pick them up at the baggage claim. Because of the problems at Schiphol these days we have to wait a long time to get them!
RouteMunich to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Incompetently run company with poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Checked our luggage at LAX to Amsterdam on June 24 , 2022.Wait in Las Vegas was 3 hours. Arrived on time in Amsterdam. Immigration was chaotic and took 1 hour to clear. No luggage seen. Told to wait. Unable to locate for 2 hours more. Told left in Las Vegas. Told will deliver to hotel. Had to leave for the river cruise on 26 th. Airline notified of the cruise locations for the next eight days. No one answers the phone for 30 minutes and then disconnects. Communication is only on line to update our address. Told luggage found and to be shipped to Stuttgart. All three pieces arrived on three different days. No luggage received till July 3rd on the boat. KLM notified of our address in London till July 6th, then to be delivered to us in the USA. No person helpful at the airport. No person reachable by phone. No response via email from KLM on their initiative to keep us informed. No instructions as to our rights and compensation from KLM. Incompetently run company with poor customer service.
RouteLas Vegas to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2022

"Never flying with KLM again!"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | First flight canceled. Got rebooked and arrived several hours later than planned. Return flight canceled. Rebooked to a flight the upcoming day. This flight just got canceled too. Don’t know when I’ll return home. Changing the airline now would cost me a couple of hundred euros extra, not to mention the amount of extra flying hours and connections that comes with it, and costs for extra hotel nights, also missing a very important meeting because of this. Never flying with KLM again!
RouteIbiza to Gdansk via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2022

"no guarantee that my flight won't be cancelled"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I cancelled my connecting flight with no option to rebook it. The customer service line closes at 8 pm and after this only Whatsapp or messenger with a chatbot is available. After waiting for 1 hour in the queue for the actual agent to connect with me he gave me an option for a new ridiculous route with no guarantee that my flight won't be cancelled again. I spend over 3 hours on chat only to get the short message at the end that he is passing my info to the booking team and if the flights are still available they will rebook it just after he gives me the option for another day. He said that my options might not be available anymore since my request took a long time! it was him sitting silently for more than 3 hours! The ridiculous airline, non-existing customer service. After spending 4 hours online I still don't know If I will be flying as an agent last message was please do not answer to this message!
RouteKraków to Johanesburg via Amsterdam

"Very horrible service"

Trip Verified | Where should I start? First our flight was delayed for more than 2 hours in Accra, there was no email or text from KLM. While on the way to Amsterdam, while using their free Wi-Fi for the last hour of the flight I saw an email pop up from there but I was unable to check it so I WhatsApp my brother my email login to check. The email from KLM flight said that you have missed your flight to London Heathrow so we have rebooked you on a new BA flight that was 14.55pm almost 8 hours later than our original flight since we were supposed to get to LHR 9.00am. Long lines at the airport since you have to now get new tickets. No one to help you. Imagine being in long lines with 2 year old twins who are tired and hungry. When we arrived to London 4.20pm we received none of our bags. Trying to contact KLM and they keep saying to go online to make a claim. Online when we put in the booking number it says it cannot be found. This was since Monday/Tuesday up to now there has been no call or email from KLM. Very horrible service. I will never fly KLM again.
RouteAccra Ghana to London Heathrow via Amsterdam