KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service: 4 days ago we arrived at our destination without our luggage. Despite the promises online or at the airport, there still is no sign of our luggage. We tried several channels, but are constantly asked to wait patiently. The customer service is poor and insufficient. This situation is exhausting, frustrating and not acceptable after having booked and expensive flight with luggage.
RouteDüsseldorf to Las Vegas via Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2024

"nice KLM Crown Lounge 52"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified |   AMS-ZRH 27/6 2024 on a small Boeing 737. This was the end-leg of a Kenya Airways 3-legs ticket. KLM handled transfer smooth and luggage correct, and granted lounge access. Long walks in Schipol, took me half hour to walk the 2-3 km. Departed briefly on time, a half hour delay was clearly and honestly informed. But being given an exit seat with large front space, I felt valued as FB elite holder. Full flight. Not much premium feeling by flying economy on legacy carrier in Europe any more. However, KLM still serves proper sandwiches and at least a single, full drink-round. Crew effective, though not sociable, merely superficially friendly. Convenient and quick airbridge barking and disembarking despite full flight. Eventless flight, boring, but no really fault. Score shall be 6 but must add 1 point for the nice KLM Crown Lounge 52.
RouteAmsterdam to Zurich

“An absolute disgrace”

Not Verified | An absolute disgrace. Booked flights to Kuala Lumpur via Expedia. Thought I had premium comfort, but no. They have about 100 different premiums (economy, comfort, light etc). So I contacted KLM to upgrade at an extra £900. They took the money then later on that night said they were cancelling that as it should have gone through “the travel agent”. A massive amount of hassle going through Expedia, but finally KLM said no they would not let me upgrade. Have asked for a refund for the £900, but still waiting so have done a charge back via my credit card. I can’t do a 12 and a half hour flight on the cramped seats they have due to back issues so have cancelled the whole holiday. KLM will not give me a full refund on the tickets I bought so I’m also around £450 down. Their “customer support” is based in the Philippines so expect responses at midnight then like with me, they just start ignoring you. Avoid KLM like the plague. Holiday if a lifetime up in smoke thanks to their pig headed arrogance.
RouteEdinburgh to Kuala Lumpur via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2024

“poor communication and customer service”

Trip Verified | I fly often for work and personal travel, and every time I fly with KLM, I experience the worst service and treatment. Besides their flights always being delayed, what is even more frustrating is the poor communication and customer service I have always received. The in-flight staff and desk customer service representatives are consistently rude and unhelpful. I recently experienced another instance of horrible treatment, and I strongly recommend that anyone considering flying with KLM reconsider. Instead, pay a bit more for an airline that actually cares about its customers and strives to assist them. To summarize: DO NOT FLY WITH KLM.
RouteFlorence to Vancouver via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2024

"lost my luggage 4 times"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | KLM is a good company and still have some problems. I have to wait for my luggage almost 1 hour on the belt side in Copenhagen, on the last 6 trips by with KLM has lost my luggage 4 times, more than 72 hours.
RouteAberdeen to Copenhagen via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2024

“lost our baggage three times”

Not Verified | KLM has lost our baggage three times in a row, causing a lot of stress, wasted time and money. One cannot avoid this even with hand luggage, because they always force people to check it in. The last time i asked at the check in counter to keep my hand luggage with me due to my previous experiences and they told me it was absolutely impossible and that because i have paid less than other people on the plane i am obliged to check in my lugagge. I have also had a flight cancelled twice in one day and got little to no compensation for the trouble. So not so great experiences all in all.
RouteZurich to Amsterdam

"I couldn’t fault it"

Trip Verified | I was initially booked on a MAN-MUN-BKK flight with Lufthansa, however due to a delay I was rebooked on to KLM. I had two connection and then was flying to Bangkok with another airline. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of KLM. I have heard negative reports on the airline. I couldn’t fault it. On time comfortable seats on both flight I took to Amsterdam and Vienna. I would be more than happy to fly them again.
RouteManchester to Vienna via Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2024

“customer service team ignores you”

Not Verified | At the airport they tell you what your rights are after flight cancellation, even hand out A4 sheets. Now, after 6 months still trying to get the compensation I am eligible for. Their customer service team ignores you and never gets back to you. On the day of the cancellation I spent 6! hours on the phone waiting for their "service" personnel to pick up. Ridiculous!
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteAmsterdam to Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2023

"Cabin crew friendly"

(Romania)

Trip Verified |   I flew the new refurbished airplane with 1-2-1 seat map. Plenty of tech - charging USB, type C, wireless. Comfortable seat, full flat with places to deposit small stuff. Boarding well organized. Cabin crew friendly and helpful. Did not eat, used the lounge instead. Drinks were good though. Arrival on time. Good job KLM.
RouteAmsterdam to Johannesburg
Date FlownMay 2024

"friendly cabin crew"

Trip Verified |   Very friendly cabin crew provide full service from Athens to Amsterdam, with two rounds with sandwiches, beverage service and small cakes. Amsterdam Airport is nice and easy to to change planes.
RouteAthens to Frankfurt via Amsterdam