Jetstar Airways

"find this airline’s service appalling"

Not Verified | The last two times I have flown with Jetstar both have had technical issues & each time we were at the behest of an “engineer to sign-off” before being allowed to take off - a wait of about 90mins each time. Besides being concerned about the seeming regularity of this occurring on Jetstar - a free refreshment would have been particularly appreciated, but nothing - why? As a “forced” Jetstar passenger (ie Qantas don’t cover those routes) I find this airline’s service appalling.
RouteSunshine Coast to Adelaide
Date FlownJune 2021

"never be travelling with them again"

Not Verified | I had planned a trip a few months ago however due to covid and border restrictions closing for QLD I am unable to travel next week. I had advised the agent about this however she showed no compassion or sympathy and offered "travel credit" as an option and said due to policy reasons they were not be able to change this. I am sickened by their policies that put people further into financial hardship. I will never be travelling with them again.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2021

"$65 for an extra kilogram of carry on"

Not Verified | They made me pay $65 for an extra kilogram of carry on luggage when I had paid for check in luggage already. Unacceptable. This is bizarre and I’ve never had this with any other airline. Do not recommend them at all.
RouteSydney to Cairns
Date FlownJune 2021

"This is not the first time that Jetstar has cancelled flights on me"

Not Verified | Do not ever choose to fly Jetstar if you are doing business or need to be somewhere on time. My flight from Melbourne to Sydney in the morning was cancelled so I had to in turn, cancel my morning meeting in Sydney and reschedule others. My return flight the following day was also cancelled and I was offered to be rerouted via "Brisbane" which would have made the flight over 6.5 hours. This is not the first time that Jetstar has cancelled flights on me as I have had a flight overseas cancelled and missed a connecting flight back home. I have also had numerous flights cancelled and delayed nearly every time I have stupidly chosen to use JetStar. But it will be my last time as I will never choose to fly them again. Whatever you save on airfare you can potentially loose 100Ks of dollars on lost business deals. I even remember buying a flexi flight to try to prevent this for effecting me when I brought a flight forward to catch an earlier flight. Only to have this flight delayed so much that I watched the flight I was originally suppose to catch board 2 hours later as I still waited. The flight was eventually cancelled. Do not fly Jetstar if you cannot accept this happening at least 40% of the time.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2021

"Charged me $65 for 1 extra kg"

Trip Verified | Charged me $65 for 1 extra kg. I've been flying my whole life and never have I been charged for 1 extra kg. No sympathy for the clients. No flexibility. Absolutely ridiculous. Never flying Jetstar again.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2021

"have never experienced this disgraceful level of service"

Not Verified | I will never fly with this appalling airline again. How can an airline randomly delay flights, not let people know, sitting at airport, no idea when I will fly. Late for work, not sure where bags are. I have flown in third world countries and have never experienced this disgraceful level of service. Do not, I repeat, ever fly this airline. Beyond bad!
RouteHobart to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2021

"What an appalling experience"

Trip Verified | Never have I come across a more arrogant, rude and hopeless team of staff. The quicker these people are replaced by robots or are trained in customer service, the better. What an appalling experience. In no other industry, that has been affected by a pandemic, would you get away with being so rude to customers.
RouteSydney to Avalon
Date FlownApril 2021

"it ends up costing more than other airlines"

Trip Verified | First of all, our flight from Sydney to Townsville was changed with no notification from Jetstar. We had originally booked an 11.30am direct flight but were moved to the red eye. When leaving Townsville our direct flights were also changed to a connecting flight through Brisbane. I asked the lady in Townsville if I could purchase a check in luggage. I had to pay twice for the bag (from Townsville to Brisbane and Brisbane to Sydney) and I also had to collect my bag in Brisbane and recheck it in to get to Sydney. I asked the girl if it could go all the way to Sydney and she replied 'we only work port to port and don't do transfers'. What airline sells connecting flights but doesn't transfer the luggage? You can travel through 5 different countries and not have to touch your bags until your final destination all over Europe, but this airline is incapable of arranging a transfer from Brisbane to Sydney. Absolute joke! Especially because my flights were changed by Jetstar and no compensation was given. Even though they appear cheaper they get you with all the additional costs it ends up costing more than other airlines! Not to mention the 'Cheese and Ham Toastie' I got on the flight was soggy.
RouteTownsville to Sydney via Brisbane
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Jetstar you have no idea with social distancing"

Trip Verified | Had to dump in the bin before boarding because we were over 1kg - 1 swimsuit because it was wet, pack of chips that we could have ate prior to the flight or on the flight, would still have still been added weight either way on the plane and a pair of joggers so that we didn’t have to pay the over weight charge of $65. Then we hop on the plane, take our seats awaiting takeoff with the plane near full apart from a couple of seats at the rear where we were seated. As we waited air hostess tells us we are in the opposite seats and asked that due to Covid thought it better that we sat where we were rather than squeeze in with another person. Told after flight took off we could sit in the seats that we were in - really Jetstar you have no idea with social distancing, but would rather put everyone in a cattle style seating.
RouteCairns to Brisbane
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"what a terrible company"

Not Verified | Do not book with this airline. My family and I all booked to go to Hamilton island for my 50th birthday but due to COVID we could not fly, I tried to get a refund and they refused. I had to accept a voucher. A year later my parents are not well enough to travel and they refuse to give our money back, what kind of good company would do that. I will never use this airline again, good customer service would have been giving our money back without the stress and would say I hope you can book with us again in the future however this airline has no such thing as good customer service so I have to get our credit card insurance company to take up this matter take them to court to get our money back. I have 5 children that need my money more than Jetstar do, what a terrible company.
RouteSydney to Hamilton Island