Jetstar Airways

"I couldn't catch my flight"

Trip Verified | Very poor, service help desk assistance. I was about to travel in JQ35 (terminal 2) from Melbourne to Bali on dec7. It is very exhausting moment to see not even single staff handling the service desk before 1 hour of departure. I couldn't catch my flight even though 50 minutes left for departure without check in baggage. I missed following other 3 connecting flights. Also online check-in options wasn't given. Just by providing cheap flights alone, doesn't make your airline the most likable. You need to provide smart assistance.
RouteMelbourne to Denpasar

"Incompetent support person"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Queenstown to Auckland. Incompetent support person. I was misinformed on a booking which cost me an addition booking with extra booking fee and waste of my time over phone. What a terrible company. My advise - if there is not much difference please fly in AirNZ. At least you get good service and money won't go overseas.
RouteQueenstown to Auckland
Date FlownDecember 2018

"will never fly with them"

(New Caledonia)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. Due to sandstorm in November 2018, more than 40 flights have been cancelled. My boyfriend had to go with an another airline in GC for a big Pacific tournement. Unfortunately they delayed our friday night flight to sunday flight at Sunday. It was too late for the tournament. So we went to Jetstar counter and asking if they had a flight before sunday morning. The man said 'we have a flight at 6'. We buy it directly in cash $821 for a one way only. He printed the boarding pass and on the path, we saw boarding time was at sunday 6pm not 6am. My boyfriend has directly saw the man, who said 'I told you it was 6pm not am'. As they were a huge queue, we decided to line up and wait for our turn. After 20 minutes of waiting, it was almost our turn, the man left its office and a women replaces him. We explained her our story and asked for a sooner flight. She said that this is impossible, all flights are booked. So we asked for a refund. She said that they don't make refunds, only credit voucher. As we are french, I explained that there were a misunderstanding, that we bought flights less than an hour, the money is still in the cash register, the cash is our holidays budget. So she went to see the man and her manager. After few minutes, she came back and confirm us that we can't be refund and there is no credit voucher either because the tickets are not refundable. So we lost $821, we didn't take the plane. They could take advantage of this situation and could propose these tickets for other people. Since the airport was full of people which their flights have been cancelled too. The salesman were not helpful at all, not comprehensive, mostly that we are french and it was a communication mistake. We will never fly with them.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast

"do not fly with them"

Not Verified | Queenstown to Melbourne. Jetstar reason for cancelling our flight is they had to divert and refuel in Wellington. From Queenstown. From there they told us to get our own accommodation at 950pm in Queenstown and offered only $150 refund for 1 room - which would not cover the cost. They also emailed us a refund form to fill out and fax back - are you kidding me. Its the 21st century who uses fax! I had long term parking which they don't cover the cost for and then they delayed our rescheduled flight the next day! At 12pm! And offered us 1 meal voucher! 1! Absolutely appalling. They don't care about you - do not fly with them.
RouteQueenstown to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2018

"it’s not all that much cheaper"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Sydney. Poor airline, it’s not all that much cheaper. I chose to fly with them as they are an Australian company, you have to pay for all your services that are normally included on all other long haul flights, even baggage! The main problem flying with these guys after all those extra costs is delayed flights, I’ve flown 2 international flights and 1 domestic and all have them had been delayed. So disappointing
RoutePhuket to Sydney

"Unprofessional and disrespectful"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Melbourne. Flight delayed to the next day without any reason given. This company obviously don't understand the meaning of customer service. Unprofessional and direspectful for their customers. Last time travelling with them. RATING 0/10
RouteAuckland to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2018

"never travel with them again"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bali. I chose to travel with Jetstar Airways because of their promo priced at SGD130 for return, I usually pay sgd250-280 to garuda (as I have flexi schedule so travel any day is not a problem for me) with baggage allowance of 30kg and onboard meals, so I thought Iit wise for me to try Jetstar Airways out this time since I travel light. But this prove me wrong as they asked to weigh my bag at the self check in kiosks including my laptop bag and total allowance is only 7kg, how can this be possible? Even Scoot which is also one of the budget airline allowed 10kg cabin excluding laptop bag, I wonder how can they include the laptop bag to a total of 7kg allowance, I don't think anyone would be able to get thru this if you travel with a small cabin bag plus laptop, as laptop itself is normally 3kg and plus an empty cabin bag is 2kg, so unless you bring nothing in the cabin bag, else for sure you will need to buy a checkin bag on last minute which will cost you SGD60 which is half of the price of the airfare and not to add in the return baggage as well which will almost close to the price I pay to Garuda which is not a budget airline! So why should I still travel with Jetstar Airways in the future -totally pointless! First time encountered this with a budget airline and I will never travel with them again and won't bother to care about their promo caused this should not be the way for them to conduct business to suck their customer money like this and I feel is not ethical to use this way to lure your customer by promo but suck their money by forcing as in fact all of us caught by surprise and have no choice to pay.
RouteSingapore to Bali

"stressful and upsetting"

Not Verified | Bali to Sydney. Got told an hour before that flight was cancelled. Offered no help when managing booking via phone or online. Got to the airport, crowds of people standing around, unsure of what to do because there wasn’t any staff to assist. Very stressful and upsetting. Would rather assurance over cheap flights.
RouteBali to Sydney

"Never again Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh via Singapore. Check in at Melbourne our luggage was weighed including my laptop and found to be over the 7 kg about 1.8kg My spouse had her luggage weighed together with her bag and found to exceed the 7 kg allowed by 1.1 kg. According to airline rules we had to pay extra for this. However, the attitude of the 2 female staff at the kiosk was quite insulting. My spouse asked how much will be the charge each for the whole trip, charge was A$91.82 per person for 15 kg each, which we paid. My wife particularly asked if this charge and weight was for each and for the whole trip and the answer was in the affirmative. On departure from SG to Vietnam we were told my spouse had to pay extra because it was JetStar Asia, not Jetstar Intl and they said Jetstar Asia had nothing to do with Jetstar Intl. Luckily my spouse had now only 6.6 kg luggage and she opted to take the luggage to cabin. I paid for 15 kg $91.82, my spouse paid for 15 kg 91.82 (we have receipts). As said pay cheap get nasty surprises. Never again Jetstar.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A320
RouteMelbourne to Ho Chi Minh via Singapore

"couldn't get comfortable"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Melbourne. The flight left and arrived pretty much on time. Our family sat in rows 11 and 12 (row 13 does not have windows). The seats were comfortable, but if I fly longhaul again with Jetstar I will bring my own pillow as I couldn't get comfortable to sleep. The crew were Asian (Thai), were friendly enough and did their job. We didn't bother with meals as the flight left at 11:15pm and arrived at 6:40am and they had the dame dinner options for breakfast. By the time we fought through immigration at MEL, our bags were waiting on the carousel. There were 4 complaints which put me off Jetstar: We had our luggage and hand luggage searched / screened twice by Airport officials, but Jetstar had their staff search people's hand luggage for 'liquids' before allowing passengers into the gate. What they were really doing was taking people's duty free alcohol that they had bought in the airport. When I was considering purchasing meals for breakfast, I was unable to select the second (breakfast) service. Breakfast options were the same as dinner - why not put on some breakfast options. I will likely fly with Jetstar shorthaul at some stage, (I will give preference to Qantas / Virgin) but for 3hrs + I will stick to a full service airline in the future. You do need to purchase your luggage, entertainment and meals. I would recommend doing this when you book your ticket to save money. We booked more luggage than we ended up needing at a reasonable price. I would recommend choosing seats in the front sections in rows 11 and 12. If you want water on the flight don't stress - bring your water bottle and the crew will fill it for you free as you need it during the flight.
RouteDenpasar to Melbourne