Jetstar Airways

"Absolutely useless!"

Not Verified | Worst airline ever! Delayed our first flight twice and then eventually cancelled it, stuck in Bali another night to only go through it all again the next night and then eventually getting us a flight 4 days later only to cancel that so we had to go with another airline! Absolutely useless!
RoutePerth to Indonesia
Date FlownJune 2022

"will never fly with Jetstar again"

Trip Verified | Worst lost luggage service you can expect. The airline only delivered my luggage halfway and I had to travel for one week without a baby stroller let alone spare clothes. I understand these things can happen but I do not expect it to take more than 1 month to get the luggage delivered to my home address. It took the airline 3 weeks to locate whereabouts of my luggage and now its saying I need to organize with the airport to get the bags sent to my home address which is located in another city. What is even worse is their customer support. You cannot be put through to the case manager only they can reach you but they never managed to dial my number correctly. When you call customer support minimum wait time is 30mins and they cannot provide any solutions as they are not authorized. All in all will never fly with Jetstar again.
RouteAuckland to Singapore via Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2022

"Worst airline I experienced"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. I wanted to drop luggage at Cairns airport. I was asked by Jetstar check-in staff to queue at the only member to take bags. At that moment, no one else queued behind us. A few moments later, some passengers started to queue behind. This popped up more Jetstar staff to take bags. However, one of them asked me to go back to the end of the now swelling queue. She didn't care to listen to my explanation! Worst airline I experienced!
RouteCairns to Sydney

"Jetstar is the worst"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | 3 years I haven't seen my sister. I only had 1 day in Melbourne I was able to see her. Jetstar then cancelled my flight at the last possible second and I'm not able to see her. Jetstar is the worst.
RouteAuckland to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2022

"the worst customer service I have ever experienced"

Not Verified | I have flown with many different airlines around the world for over 35 years. I have flown with Jetstar on occasions and every time it has resulted in late departure, cancelled flights, poor inflight service and the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any business. It's not all about profit Jetstar. Get you act together.
RouteMelbourne to Vietnam

"Pitiful customer service"

Not Verified | Yet again Jetstar has let us down. Arrive at airport at 6.30am for 8.00 flight. Flight cancelled. Told by staff, "it's nothing to do with us, your travel agent should let you know". How is that possible when the flight was cancelled that morning? No apologies at all. Only flight available was 5.10pm, so either wait at airport all day, or, go home and come back. Several hundred dollars in cab fares wasted, loss of deposits for activities in Melbourne, weekend getaway to visit friends ruined. Jetstar do not care at all because this is their common practice. Pitiful customer service.
RouteNewcastle to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2022

"worst of experiences you can face"

Trip Verified | The worst of experiences you can face on and off a flight due to an airline. Absolutely pathetic service. Cancelling flights without notice. And then asking you travell to other airports in order for me to catch my connecting flight, that too without any hesitance or apology. The staff on and off the airplane is same as their service maybe barring a few. My luggage didn't arrive as well to Melbourne. My seat was booked for some other passenger as well, meaning they issued 2 boarding passes for 1 seat. The same happened with my friend travelling with me. They charge you the money first and immediately say, sorry we don't have what you ordered can i provide something else. In a international flight of 13 hrs (including connection), there was no option of having a meal on board( when booked through 3rd party) and when you ask for food during the flight, it will definitely take more than an hour to serve you. The staff handling the luggage was on the same line unapologetic and rude. Told me this is normal. Its a disgrace for other airlines to be sharing pathways with this terrible airline. They did not even have the courtesy to change my seat when i continuously complained about my back pain, even for extra money. The thing they just don't want to serve you. When i told them that i cannot board a flight to some airport and then take a cab to Melbourne to catch the connecting flight. Neither did they agree to pay for fare i had to pay neither did they assure me that the flight wont leave without me if i could not manage everything in 2 hrs. Horrible experience, i hope no one has to go through what i had to. And lastly the fare was more than Emirates to start with, without meals and deducting money before they tell you they dont have what you want. On top of that asking me to pay for even a song to listen let alone movies or shows.
RouteSydney to Singapore via Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2022

"no water or food for a 7 hour flight"

Trip Verified | After paying 1400 AUD to fly from Sydney to Bali I expected a decent service. I asked for a blanket and they wanted to charge me 10 AUD. Had to pay 10+ AUD to watch any single movie and of course no water or food for a 7 hour flight. On top of that the flight got delayed and the seat space was pretty narrow. It is one of those companies that offers less for more. They want to take out from you as much money as possible.
RouteSydney to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2022

"absolute worst flight experience"

Trip Verified | This has been the absolute worst flight experience I have ever had, and I fly a lot. Not only was my flight cancelled last minute (while I was sitting at the gate) but there was absolutely no resolution, and no customer service. I will never fly JetStar again due to how horribly this was handled. I’ve had canceled flights before and I am a flexible traveler but a flight has never been cancelled less than an hour before takeoff and with no support about how to get to my final destination. I have been screwed out of thousands of dollars because I can’t get to my destination or get any reimbursement or refunds on accommodations. The woman helping on the phone was not helpful and wanted me to fly to a different part of the country to somehow arrive at my destination an entire 24 hours later and thought this made sense. She refused to allow my to talk to anyone else and said I had to cancel my flight and basically figure everything out myself. Other airlines are so much more helpful and understanding but JetStar is absolutely horrible. No one would help in person either, it honestly felt like a practical joke because I don’t understand how an airline can successfully operate like this. I will not be a return customer.
RouteMelbourne to Uluru via Sydney
Date FlownJune 2022

"Jetstar is absolutely terrible"

Not Verified | Jetstar is absolutely terrible. Cancelled flight 3 hours before. We have already arrived at the airport to be told our flight was cancelled till the next day! Have to organise a hotel ourselves as there is no Jetstar staff available apparently and have to wake up at 3am only just getting to our hotel at 9pm. Flew with Jetstar on way to Phuket, also was postponed a day with an added stop! No food or drinks included and a lot of extra payments have to be made for baggage etc.. Shocking entertainment package included with bad movies which you also have to pay for. Would not recommend.
RouteMelbourne to Phuket