Jetstar Airways

"I would never recommend Jetstar"

Trip Verified | I would never recommend Jetstar for anyone. Terrible customer service, not fair at all, not good food and not responsible with well being of people. I had to pay $200 more for extra kilos (more than i have paid for my tickets) and in the end the baggage didn’t arrive on my destination. Took half hour (at this point i was already crying) to someone come to help me with the missing baggage and as soon she came she told me they would refund me the $200 dollars as it was not fair i had pay for something than even didn’t come in the fly. I never saw this money and my baggage just arrived 2 days after missing shoes on it. All my experience was disappointed.
RouteCairns to Gold coast
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I would recommend Jetstar"

Trip Verified | From the moment we started boarding the plane at 11:35am on 20/11/2022 for a conference in Uluru, the flight attendant Andrew had everyone laughing. This continued throughout the entire trip, which made it so much more enjoyable. If only all flights had an Andrew on them, I'd feel so much more comfortable flying. I would recommend Jetstar because of this experience.
RouteMelbourne to Uluru
Date FlownNovember 2022

"$50 for being 1 kg over our allowance"

Trip Verified | They use to be quite good. However, lady at the Sydney domestic service desk said won’t be allowed on our flights if we don’t pay $50 for being 1 kg over our allowance via eftpos. I opted for a cash payment. Worth mentioning we booked seats for row 11 but we’re assigned seats in row 30.
RouteSydney to Sunshine Coast
Date FlownNovember 2022

"only ones weighing my carry on"

Not Verified | Out of 7 flights with 7 different companies they were the only ones weighing my carry on and even having a 23kg bag included they charged me $65 for it. It was the first and definitely the last time I fly with Jetstar. It’s disgusting the way they rip people off.
RouteSydney to Cairns
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Really disappointed with Jetstar"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Really disappointed with Jetstar, booked tickets travelling with a family of 4. Flying from Auckland - Bali (via Sydney), but then they changed it to transit 2 times, Auckland - Sydney - Melbourne - Bali. With a total journey time around 20 hours, and arriving midnight! I promised it was my last flight with Jetstar. No more Jetstar.
RouteAuckland to Bali
Date FlownNovember 2022

"experience with Jetstar was not a good one from the beginning"

Not Verified | My experience with Jetstar was not a good one from the beginning. I had vouchers to use but Jetstar made it so difficult and complicated to redeem them that I had to eventually pay a travel agent to do it for me. The vouchers had been paid to fly to Thailand but when I went to redeem them they didn't even get me to Bali. The flight was 2 hours late in leaving, the staff on the plane were adequate. I was happy we were on a Dreamliner 787 for all the good features it delivers. I paid extra for an exit row so I could stand up and avoid a third DVT. In fact the knowledge that I could fly on a 787 both ways confirmed that I would go to Bali. On the return trip, Jetstar changed the aircraft to a A321LR Neo, a narrow bodied smaller plane with no entertainment and a minimum of space to stand and exercise. All previous seat booking disappeared so I tried to again book exit rows. The Jetstar webpage interface was so unaccommodating that it was difficult to execute this so I missed out on the two that were available. I think it is pertinent that I wouldn't even have known the plane had changed except that my travel agent had sent me an email. I received nothing from Jetstar. When I finally did books some seats and Jetstar emailed me my new itinerary, it indicated that I now had no checked luggage even though I had paid for it. As it turned out other people were sent the same information but none of us new it was going to be ok. I tried to contact Jetstar on their website chat, but after 20 mins waiting I gave up, but I'm sure I'm important to them. The plane was also 2 hours late in leaving Bali because it was 2 hours late in arriving from Australia. The plane was crowded but the seats were unexpectedly comfortable. This service would not be tolerated without fines in other parts of the world. Next week I fly Virgin, I'm hoping for a better flight.
AircraftA321LRNeo
RouteDenpasar to Melbournes
Date FlownNovember 2022

"refuse refunding customers money"

Trip Verified | We had our Jetstar flights cancel 2.5hrs prior to dep. Citing "bad weather" (raining) they only provided alternative options for the following day. We were forced to purchase Virgin tickets because their planes can miraculously fly in the rain. After demanding such, Jetstar first told us we would receive a full refund on the card purchased from, only to receive a notice 2 weeks later saying a "credit" had been processed. Contacting them again, THEY ARE NOW REFUSING to provide a refund (despite promising one) saying it's not their company policy. Due to Jetstar citing "bad weather" this apparently permits them to refuse refunding customers money even though it was rubbish to begin with.
RouteBrisbane to Australia
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"4 hrs delay on same return flight"

Not Verified | 4 hrs delayed leaving, given different reasons hourly, now to be told 4 hrs delay on same return flight. You can shove it Jetstar. Staff are still the best, friendly crew. Management read these reviews and do something.
RouteMelbourne to Hi Chi Minh City
Date FlownOctober 2022

"no sense of remorse or care"

Trip Verified | After 8 hrs waiting in airport flight was cancelled with no attempt to assist and no point in flying on the available replacement flight. This has become a regular occurrence. No reimbursement available for lost accommodation and no ability to cancel return flight on line. 300 people trying to be processed at a single service desk and no sense of remorse or care. 8 dollar voucher offered while waiting which doesn't pay for water. Would not trust them again but unfortunately have another more expensive holiday booked with them. Cross my fingers.
RoutePerth to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2022

"not recommend using them at all"

Not Verified | We booked a flight to Bali and paid crazy money for a 5 day trip. We couldn't check in online so therefore got the airport 2hours prior thinking we would have plenty of time. We were in the line for check in for approximately 1 hour 20 mins as they only had 2 people on the desk. it was announced that our flight would 99.9999% not be flying on the 20th. 15minutes later we were told the Flight is rescheduled to the next morning as the cabin manager was unavailable. We got a taxi to a hotel and paid to stay there for the night, we got a taxi back to the airport for an 8am flight. We boarded the plane. The plane backed on the runway at 8.22am and the captain said he had to return to the gate at 8.30am due to an engineering issue. Waited on the plane at the gate until 8.37am and the captain announced there was a stick stuck in the door. The engineer is to remove it and file a report. The air hostess Announced the stick was removed and door closed at 8.46am. The flight took off 56mins late. Overall, it put a damper on our little getaway. We both lost a day of work, paid for extra taxis and accommodation and food for the night we had to stay. We lost our money on accommodation in Bali for the night as it was not refundable. We were very upset and angry overall. Very poor service for a very expensive flight! I would not recommend using them at all.
RoutePerth to Bali