Jetstar Airways

Jetstar Airways customer review

Trip Verified | First flight cancelled at the gate. No realistic compensation options. Policy is to rebook you on another JS flight or give you money back. Problem is their flights are booked and your only other option is to choose another carrier and pay Twice as much to get where you need to go. Second flight cancelled, same rubbish options offered (nearest jet star flight was 25 hours total flight time to go from Melbourne to Brisbane). Support staff are unable to help due to garbage policies. No compensation given. They kept saying “we value getting you to where you need to to” but their policies are the exact opposite. Lots of customer care speak, but when push comes to shove they are an incompetent, greedy airline who care very little about you. Lesson learned: never fly Jetstar.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2022

"they count every gram of luggage"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience, they count every gram of luggage. Have to do the pathetic reshuffling of bags at the last minute which is pointless over 300 grams. Customer service poor.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownMay 2022

"I have not had a worse flight"

Not Verified | I have not had a worse flight run than my two most recent flights with Jetstar. Firstly the over 10 hour international flight with no food provided or inflight entertainment provided. Then after arriving at the connecting airport with less than 2 hours to my next flight. The flight was suddenly cancelled leaving me with no option but to wait in an hour long line to get my flight moved. I was lucky and able to get on a flight later in the evening however some people were told they couldn’t get on until the next day. Further to this, the flight I was moved to then was delayed by 40 min and then after arriving at my destination we waited for over 40 min in the aircraft as we were unable to disembark. One of the worst experiences I have had flying. I will not be flying with Jetstar again.
RouteHonolulu to Sydney via Melbourne

"Terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Terrible customer service. My flight was cancelled and the staff were totally rude, unhelpful and said there was nothing they could do and I had to do all the rebooking/refund process by myself. I asked them to help to find me another flight and they refused to provide any sort of assistance. Shame on you Jetstar.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2022

"would avoid Jetstar like the plague"

Not Verified | Spoke to 3 different phone operators for a particular customer service issue regarding vouchers, was told 3 different answers, placed on hold repeatedly (cumulatively for well over an hour), ended up receiving a case number and was never called back. Atrocious customer service, would avoid Jetstar like the plague.
RouteSydney to Phuket
Date FlownApril 2022

"not the seat I had paid for"

Not Verified | I booked one month prior a Melbourne to Bangkok business class flight for 16th April. All was going well until I got to my allocated aisle seat (2F) only to be told it had been changed to 3E a middle seat last row squashed in between two large people. I refused to sit in it as it was not the seat I had paid for. A ground staff member came on board and said they had the right to change seats based upon handicapped or disabled people. He said I should have read their terms and conditions (wtf?) & I wonder how many Jetstar staff have actually read them? I said I wanted to get off and he said ok, give me your ticket and I'll get your bags even if it meant holding up the flight for 1hr? He then found a seat for me front row bulkhead in the middle which reluctantly accepted due to a business meeting I had next morning overseas. There were two free seats I could have had but they were reserved for the poor flight crew who had a long 8.5hr afternoon flight to endure. I later discovered some Jetstar staff had asked checkin passengers if anyone wanted to upgrade to business class for $300.
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2022

"I'm not the only passenger wondering exactly what these terms mean"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | I recently visited Australia after a three year absence, thanks to Covid. Even though international travel conditions are now easier, I still had to make several date and route changes which in turn impacted my domestic bookings with Jetstar. The good news is that I was able to make the necessary changes (via phone, not on-line) and the call-center staff were very helpful. The resulting invoice, however, contained the following terms which I'm guessing few passengers would understand: Fare Credit Payment Fee Spoilage Fee System Error Fee Call Center Offset - Spoilage Fee It seems that these are 'creative accounting' terms used to avoid making refunds when passengers change to a lower lost fare. A brief search of the Internet revealed that I'm not the only passenger wondering exactly what these terms mean (beyond the fact that the passenger should pay). Perhaps it's time to amend accounting standards to require that Invoices include a Glossary of Terms.
RouteSydney to Melbourne via Brisbane, Hobart

"Very disappointing travel"

Not Verified | Very disappointing travel in Jetstar. No organisation or system in place going from Sydney to Cairns, and we nearly missed our flight, and a very low act flying to Sydney from Cairns. As other travellers have mentioned earlier, the crew tried to price gouge from all passengers by weighing in each and every bag including a walking stick. It was not to with safety or comfort but was very price driven as they had a eftpos machine ready to charge customers, for a low cost airfare company, I thought it was a very low act. The crew kept hurdling everyone to move, saying it was a full flight which we later realised it was only 50 percent full. Half the food stock was unavailable too. Jetstar need to get their act together and get away from price gouging , or else they will not survive.
RouteCairns to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2022

"weighing every piece of hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Very congested and suffocating. They are weighing every piece of hand luggage. Weighers are rude and rushing to pay as they finishing shift or something. Happened before too.
RouteSydney to Darwin
Date FlownMay 2021

"Pay more for a reputable airline"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. Went to Melbourne 2018 March for daughters surprise birthday. From 9am in the morning it kept delaying but luckily got one at around 5 pm. Went again in March 2020. Today 29 March 2922 to Brisbane, so far at time of this post flight delayed for 30 minutes. This company offers very good prices for its flights across the country But one has to be patient for delays with this airline. I will not travel with this airline anymore given their track record for delays, even if i was given free tickets. Pay more for a reputable airline to get you to your destination on time
RouteSydney to Brisbane