Jetstar Airways

"avoid flying with them"

Trip Verified | This is not the first time that Jetstar shows its badly customer service. The boarding pass says that the boarding starts at 10:05. At 10:03, while I’m waiting on the line to have my bag checked, the screens started showing FINAL CALL for my flight. My cousin was stopped by the security to check his bag, while I ran to the gate. I arrived there at 10:09 (only 4min after the boarding supposedly started), and the attendants were already pressuring me to enter the flight so they could close the doors and leave my cousin behind. 4 minutes of difference and they push me to leave my cousin behind, completely inhuman behavior. If you can, avoid flying with them.
RouteSydney to ByronBay
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"I'll know better next time"

Trip Verified | They cancelled the flight 48hrs before departure. Contacted the call centre and given the option of a travel voucher or alternative travel date to the same destination a week later, only to be told they cannot guarantee that flight won't be cancelled as well. Asked if we could be transferred to a Qantas flight operating on the same day to the same destination and apparently this is not an option. I love how Jetstar choose to act and associate themselves with Qantas when it suits them. Even the survey they want you to fill out regarding the call centre phone call is from Qantas. Yet they're unwilling to help customers who still need to travel to their destination on their partner airline. Now we have to spend 14hrs in the car driving to the Gold Coast. Thanks a lot, Jetstar for a disappointing start to our holiday. I'll know better next time.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"why cant I change these flights online myself"

Trip Verified | I was due to fly out today 9/1/21 at 7am but due to the Covid so they say closures they cancelled the flight and sent me an email at 9.30pm at night! I was lucky to have gone to bed late and checked my email by coincidence and there it was cancelled flight. You can imagine my disappointment as I have called them twice previously and waited 2.5hrs on the phone to speak to an operator. I thought being 11.45pm I would be waiting only like half an hour but no I waited 1.5hr. No call back facility available. Then I get a lady who was very, very rude. I told her about my disappointment since the first time I called was due to Jetstar having messed up my transfer in a way that I missed my connecting flight. No apologies for having waited so long at 1am in the morning or for the inconvenience of cancelling the flight. So I asked her to see what other flight i could take so i could make my connecting flight to which she says and 11am flight but its through Qantas and yours was through jetstar so you will have to pay the difference. I questioned her on this as i said but Qantas and Jetstar are the one company and you are the ones who cancelled the flight not me. To which she retorted `You were the one who chose Jetstar'. So then after she calculates the difference and i think this is so wrong from all levels of customer service I instead asked for a flight with Jetstar for the Sunday which is a direct flight to my destination (no transfers as I cant trust them to get it right a 3rd time). So my question to Jetstar is why such long waiting time on the phone? Even after midnight? Is the Call centre in Mumbai as only one time out of the 3 times I called I got a clearly spoken customer service agent that resolved my problem swiftly and courteously. Why do you hire Customer service agents who cannot express them selves clearly, have no aptitude or problem solving skills or desire to help the customer. This is terrible for your business as I will not book with Jetstar again to sit in a phone line 2.5hrs average is just unacceptable. Last minute changes and no apologies and rude customer service agents who can't articulate themselves properly, have attitude and down right rude. My biggest gripe is why cant I change these flights online myself? It says you can but when you go to do it it says you must call a customer agent so its a futile process deliberately done to frustrate the customer and beg for something or a service that you have already paid for but will not get.
RouteMelbourne to Prosperine
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"the vouchers were forced upon us"

Trip Verified | It is disappointing you are standing firm on your credit only policy, when flights continue to be cancelled or unsuitable due to Covid border closures. I have close to $4000 in vouchers, which I never asked for, the vouchers were forced upon us. It would be very helpful to be permitted a cash refund, and we can then rebook a suitable holiday when the pandemic is over. Forcing passengers to keep monies within your organisation when we would rather take a refund does not bode well for future bookings. I know I will actively choose another carrier in the future than place any trust in Jetstar. Would love to see goodwill offered to your passengers in the way of refunds for these credit vouchers to turn around how we feel about your airline moving forward. Help us be your raving fan.
RouteSydney to Launceston
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"makes you feel unwelcome"

Trip Verified | Staff is unfriendly and overall makes you feel unwelcome. You have to pay for every single thing, and exceeding the (tight) 7kg carry on limit even by <1kg costs $65 - feels like they're just out there to get you. Seats are uncomfortable. Australian equivalent of Ryanair.
RouteSydney to Cairns
Date FlownDecember 2020

"The worst airline ever"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever. Paid for an extra oversized bag, was told that was all I needed. When I arrived they told us that we didn’t have an extra bag, that we’d just paid for an oversized bag not another one even though I was reassured that this was fine when purchased. They then tried to change us an extra $250 for the bag. We eventually agreed and watched as they took off our bag. Which is now who knows where. Will never fly with Jetstar again, no matter how cheap they are. Never have these hassles with Air NZ.
RouteQueenstown to Auckland
Date FlownNovember 2020

"not met community standards of communication"

Trip Verified | I did not get to take my flight due to COVID-19. I was provided with a flight voucher, however, after later submitting a complaint to Jetstar I was informed I was not eligible for a refund. Despite raising a number of queries regarding the inconsistent information I was provided and requesting specific details regarding the complaints process, they never responded to my concerns. Further to this, I requested the details of the ombudsmen to which the staff would not respond to. Despite multiple request for return contact, Jetstar refused. Finally after escalating my complaint to the ombudsmen, it was confirmed I was eligible for a refund. I was not advised at the time that this was an option. Jetstar refused to include information that was pertinent to the decision making process which has impacted the financial outcome. Jetstar refuse to respond to this complaint. Jetstar's complaints team continue to refuse any call back requests. By neglecting to include important decision making information, Jetstar has not met community standards of communication.
RouteMelbourne to Bali
Date FlownMarch 2020

"changed our flights twice"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Terrible airline, changed our flights twice and then got to the gate and told us our flight had been delayed 6 hours because they hadn’t checked the engine/engine faults. Also charged me $65 for being less than a kg overweight and charges $4 for a plain tea on the plane.
RouteWellington to Auckland
Date FlownOctober 2020

"5 flight cancellations!"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | 5 flight cancellations! No refund issued but credit vouchers which were unwanted. I've been on live chat, telephone, and email without resolution so far. We booked a flight in good faith, we tried to rebook but the company kept cancelling and are not issuing refunds.
RouteAuckland to Dunedin
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"this company just care about money"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with them from Auckland to Christchurch on 31st August and back from Queenstown to Auckland on 9th September. The first flight was cancelled due to coronavirus alert level3. Just to let you know, Air New Zealand kept their flights going so why have Jetstar cancelled? The answer is the company don't want to loose money and don't care about their customers. Believe me, the reasons is not Covid19. Instead of giving me a refund, Jetstar just offered me a voucher (still haven't received anything yet). Because it's really important for me to go I decided to pay $300 to go with Air New Zealand. Today is 4th September, and surprise Jetstar cancelled the return flight (we are now on level 2 and Air New Zealand keep their flights going). What do Jetstar want to offer me? Of course one more voucher because they don't want to give me back my money! So now I'm stuck in the South Island and my only option is to go back with Air New Zealand paying an extra $400. So because this company is not serious at all I lose almost $700. If they would like to take care of their customers they will refund straight away the money and plan things in advance. But nope, they don't care at all. Believe me, this company just care about money and if they can take advantage of you they will. Do not lose your time and money with them and use a serious company.
RouteAuckland to Christchurch