Jetstar Airways

"a very good flight"

Trip Verified | I was very worried as I have had a lot of bad experiences with Jetstar recently, but this was a very good flight. Easy check in, friendly staff and punctual flight. The pre purchased ham and cheese toastie was tasty too. If only more Jetstar flights were as reliable in getting passengers from A to B I would fly them more often.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2023

"cancellation was done by Jetstar"

Not Verified | They cancelled my flight 4 hours before departure and because of this I have to miss my connecting flight, and there was no seats available on the connecting flight for the next 4 days, so have to cancel the connecting flight, for which they can’t refund. Receive an sms from the Jetstar to apply for any reimbursement if any because of this cancellation, after doing the same, it was being rejected saying why we have to reimburse for another carrier cost. Who is responsible for my cost, the cancellation was done by Jetstar and not by the other carrier. It did not stop there, they rescheduled my flight to the following day, so I booked another flight from Singapore to India, the rescheduled flight was also delayed 2 hours, because of which I have to miss my another flight as well, at least I was able to reschedule my other flight as there was availability.
RouteDarwin to Bali

"Horrible experience overall"

Not Verified | Horrible experience. Lot more lost in this budget ticket. Going luggage was lost, had to shop locally. Return ticket after surprise cancellation two hour prior was booked again by me to Sydney via Adelaide two days later. No direct check in for luggage. This lady Bronwyn was the elderly lady i met accidentally, charged me another $60 for excess luggage. Felt like dealing to someone made of rubber. Where’s my compensation for lost baggage and cancelled flight wasting many days and hours of calls. Horrible experience overall, combined with poor customer service throughout from Jetstar.
RouteDarwin to Sydney via Adelaide
Date FlownDecember 2023

"frustrated with my experience"

Trip Verified | The flight was delayed by nearly an hour without any explanation or apology from the airline. The plane was dirty, with debris and an empty water bottle left near my seat that affected the cleanliness of my personal belongings. Overall, I am frustrated with my experience with Qantas and its affiliates. I hope to see some competition in the airline industry to improve the quality of service in this country.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2023

"service is terrible and pathetic"

Not Verified | The service is terrible and pathetic. I was supposed to receive $400 voucher 2 months ago but haven’t received it yet. I called them more than 7 times and they kept saying that they have escalated my case and forwarded the case to the finance team to process the voucher. All of the staff promised me that I will be receiving voucher in next 24hrs after the phone call. But its been 2 months I have not received the voucher. Its so frustrating to keep waiting on the calls every time.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2023

"the seats were very comfy"

Not Verified | When I was going from Perth to Melbourne for a competition, I flew on JetStar, the thing about it is that all the food was needing money and there was no WiFi or inflight entertainment. The good side is that the staff were really nice and the seats were very comfy.
AircraftBoeing-787
RoutePerth to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2023

"seats were uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | The seats were uncomfortable as there were 2 bars down the seat (my partner was the same), we were glad it was only a 7hour flight. Also, the flight was delayed 4 hours, which resulted in us missing our connection from Cairns to the Gold Coast. The food was mediocre at best, you had to pay for everything despite it being an international flight overnight - the blankets, earphones, entertainment, food, drinks (except water, drip coffee, and tea), everything cost money. Overall, I would only ever fly with them if I had no other option, or competitors were exceptionally more expensive.
RouteOsaka to Gold Coast via Cairns
Date FlownNovember 2023

"went above and beyond to help me"

Trip Verified | My Virgin Flight from Coolangatta to Sydney was cancelled so I headed to Jetstar customer service desk and Dylan went above and beyond to help me with arranging an alternative flight to Sydney. As you can imagine it was chaos with so many passengers trying to organise alternative flights to their destinations. He remained calm, friendly patient and professional at all times. Trying to book a flight online during this time was not available as internet must have been overloaded with so passengers trying to organise alternative flights. Dylan took it upon himself to call customer service and booked my flight over the phone without question and all was done and paid for within 10 minutes. Thank you so much for your assistance.
RouteBallina to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2022

"was not a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Flights were 30 minutes late in both directions, boarding chaotic on both flights. Cabin baggage policy enforced severely on both sectors - ground and air personnel were polite. Baggage information at SYD on the return was non existent but may be SYD in general as the airport is vastly oversubscribed. Overall they did what it said on the ticket but was not a pleasant experience and had we had other timing options I wouldn't use them again
RouteSunshine Coast to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2023

"I had a truly pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | I had a truly pleasant experience today. Although the hard product dies not meet international business class standards the price compensates for this. For a 10 hour daytime flight I was comfortable. Seat and space is equal to a domestic US first class flight. The food is generous but served on one tray with little flair. On this flight there was a full breakfast and later a decent lunch. Both meals offered options and were tasty. In addition you can request anything from the economy offerings (sandwiches, snacks etc) free of charge at any time. The flight attendants were efficient and very cordial. The IFE was decent but rebooted about three or four times( again not great hard product)Flight was early and baggage arrived quickly( no business tags) I am happy that I am not taking the return overnight flight as without flat bed seats, sleep was next to impossible for me. I do feel like I got more than my money’s worth and was treated very kindly in flight. I’d take another daytime flight anytime.
RouteHonolulu to Melbourne