Frontier Airlines

"the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to Seattle via Denver. I had the worst experience of my travel life on Frontier Airlines. They changed the aircraft the day of the flight, and therefore had to find over 35 people that they could deplane. I got on, but the flight was delayed over 1 hour. Our pilot promised us 2 times that we would all make our connections in Denver, but no, we all ended up at customer service. The next flight to Seattle on Frontier was 24 hours later; I asked to be put on an Alaska flight that was leaving in 9 hours, but Frontier refused to accommodate my request. I bought a ticket on Alaska, and used a voucher from Frontier for a hotel room. Frontier employee told me to come to baggage claim early in the AM to retrieve my bag, but no, in the AM they could not locate it in Denver and told me to go to Seattle and file a claim. I tried to use the Frontier $10 meal voucher for a cup of coffee in Denver but it did not work. Got to Seattle and went to baggage claim and Frontier does not have a station at the baggage claim area; asked the Delta people where to go, and they literally laughed when they found out I had been on a Frontier flight, and said "good luck!" They told me to go to ticketing counter, but since there are no Frontier flights in the AM in Seattle, there was no one there. I went home and filed a lost bag claim online at 10:34 AM and got an e-mail that they would contact me within 6 hours; at 5:58pm I got a note that told me to call the Seattle ticket counter. Called Seattle, and they could find no record of my claim even though I had the confirmation number. Later that PM, they called back and said they found the bag, but they will not deliver it to me since I "voluntarily" separated from my bag in Denver. They can send it FedEx if I will pay. So can I go pick up the bag the next day after work? No, because they don't have any flights from about 4pm to 8pm, so no one will be there. I ended up driving to the airport 2 days later to retrieve my bag. I will not fly on Frontier again.
RoutePittsburgh to Seattle via Denver
Date FlownMay 2018

"they offer terrible service"

Trip Verified | Flew Dallas to Cincinnati. Frontier Airlines are simply the worst in every area. They provide cheap flights because they offer terrible service, seats, assistance and customer service! It's by far the worst flight I've ever had. I waited an hour to check 1 bag, my flight got delayed 2 times and the plane is terribly uncomfortable! There is such a lack of care. No one is concerned about the customer! Very sad!
RouteDallas to Cincinnati

"flight was overbooked"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Denver. I arrived to my departure gate on time, once there the attendent announced the flight was overbooked and they needed volunteers to wait for a later flight and offered an $800 voucher good for one year for future travel. I was not in a rush to get there and so I volunteered to take the later flight. Everything went smooth for my trip. However when I went to use my voucher 5 months later, it did not exist. I called the airline and talked to a representative who then said the voucher I received was only good for 3 months. I was nice and polite to the representative so he was kind and talked to a manager trying to help and fix the problem. The manager said Oh the voucher was only good for 3 months thats it, we can't do anything for you. So if they ask you to give up your seat for a voucher, don't trust them.
RouteOrlando to Denver
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"delayed 6 times and counting"

Trip Verified | I'm writing my review even before I begin my trip. I flow Frontier Airlines from Seattle to Cleveland on May 9th 2018 and everything went fine; no delays or anything. However, on my return on May 19th 2018, my flight has already been delayed 6 times and counting. My flight was scheduled for 4.05pm and it has been delayed by 5 hours and 15 minutes. It may even be delayed further. So if you're thinking of flying frontier airlines, give it a second thought because you're surely going to be delayed. Myself, friends, or no member of my family will ever fly with frontier.
RouteCleveland to Seattle
Date FlownMay 2018

"I don't recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Seattle via Denver. I already had to pay for my tickets so a $38 luggage and a $38 carry on fee was so disappointing and it overpriced. No wifi, no tv screen, seats were small and uncomfortable, the table was too small for my laptop and the food or snacks if you wanna call it and drinks were so overpriced. $2.99 for one can of ginger ale ? I don't recommend this airline for anyone unless you dont have the extra money to fly with a better airline. Staff was ok but nothing exceptional.
RouteOrlando to Seattle via Denver
Date FlownMay 2018

"Won’t fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | Knoxville to Denver. Won’t fly Frontier again. We were delayed a total of 5.5 hours after being notified on the half hour mark. No one could tell us why or give us any sort of reason. This includes the attendants at the gate and calling their customer service line. The man on the customer service line led us to believe we would receive a flight voucher of some kind a small we waited more than 3 hours. After waiting about 4.5 hours, a $15 meal voucher was given. Since we had already been waiting for a long time, obviously we had already eaten, and the voucher was meaningless to us. After calling the service line a second time, we were told there was nothing they can do. Maybe they save us some money on flights, but my time is worth more than a $15 meal voucher.
RouteKnoxville to Denver
Date FlownMay 2018

"needs a lot of improvement"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Charlotte. Although Frontier airlines offers cheap ticket prices, the service was beyond poor quality for the duration of my trip. All 5 of the self check in kiosks were broken and no one was helpful about directing the flow of travelers. The line to check baggage was long with only one person at the front desk but thankfully I was able to check in using their app. Our flight didn’t depart till 30 minutes after the scheduled departure time but after that everything went by pretty smooth. The seats were cloth over metal but that’s to be expected for a budget airline. For the a big international airport on a Friday morning, I think this airline needs a lot of improvement in their service department. Very disappointed.
RoutePhiladelphia to Charlotte
Date FlownMay 2018

"airline will delay, delay"

Trip Verified | Frontier Airlines sounds like a great deal when you look on line and see the prices. You can book a flight for $99.00! However, here is my story on this airline: They hit you for a seat assignment, a bag charge, a NyQuil sized drink and a small snack. Before you're finished, you have paid hundreds. Seats do not recline. The airline will delay, delay, and delay flights until they have a plane that has every single seat filled. If not, they cancel. If you enjoy getting to the airport early and spending all day there, then take this airline.
RouteOrlando to Islip

"delayed 3 times"

Trip Verified | Tulsa to Denver. My boyfriend and I were very excited for our vacation to Denver Colorado. We have never flew with Frontier. So, long story short our flight was delayed not 1, not 2, but 3 times. Other guest that were flying with this airline were clueless. Its very unfortunate because I love the price they offered. I guess the saying you get what you paid for is very true.
RouteTulsa to Denver
Date FlownMay 2018

"customer service is the worst"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Milwaukee. This is the worst airline ever and customer service is the worst. The employees at the Philadelphia airport are very rude - I was there 2 hours prior to board and the lady check me in kept passing people in front of me to rebook people long story short she made me late and was very rude. I had an infant with me i had to rebook with another airline and wait 12 hours at airport.
RoutePhiladelphia to Milwaukee