Frontier Airlines

"beyond poor customer service"

Not Verified | This is the worst airline ever. My husband and I flew from Cancun to Denver. It was a four hour flight with no entertainment, no internet, no water (unless you want to pay extra). On top of that, I paid an extra $200 for our baggage and seats so we could sit next to each other. I have a frequent flyer account, and they didn't give us credit for the miles. When I spoke to customer service rep and then supervisor, Joanne, they said that we wouldn't receive credit as we were a "No show"! How did we get home from Mexico then? And I sat on an uncomfortable, 4 hour flight, and won't receive credit. They want us to show copies of our boarding passes which I no longer have. They were paper passes printed at the airport as you can't preprint boarding passes for international flights. This is beyond poor customer service.
RouteCancun to Denver
Date FlownNovember 2021

"no attendant at counter"

Trip Verified | Checking gate D. Arrived to airport spend some time in cafe. Change a gate to E (far away). Broken train. arrived to gate 3 minutes before closed gate - nobody at desk and lot people around yelling to door (no attendant at counter). Plane still here. Plane still connected to gate. Zero effort to resolve it.
RouteAtlanta to Newark
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"never recommend it to anyone"

Not Verified | Arrived at the airport and waited at the gate 3 hours prior to boarding. 10 minutes before boarding the flight was “oversold” and required three “volunteers” with flexible flight schedules to fly later. They promised a flight voucher of $1,000. My fiancé and I were asked and agreed to change our flight schedule which they first assured was only 3-4 hour delay, and the rebooking for the flight later that evening would be free of charge. After the plane took off we made our way to customer service and we’re denied the voucher promised and we’re forced to pay an additional $150+ for the reschedule of the flight which we were then told wouldn’t be for another 12 hours. We were not offered refund for the flight or given any other options. The incompetent active manager for frontier customer service gave us absolutely no help, and neither did any of the other employees which also gave us the run around for a few hours. Definitely the last time we will be flying frontier. And would never recommend it to anyone in their right state of mind.
RouteDenver to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"What a joke of a company"

Not Verified | They rescheduled my flights with very little notice and added a huge layover in another state. Their rates that they advertise are for their Discount Den members, which costs $60/year. When I called to cancel the membership, they refused. What a joke of a company.
RoutePhoenix to Baltimore
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"asked us to pay $79 for a little carry on"

Not Verified | Terrible experience at the gate. I got a ticket for my wife and I. We wanted to pay for the luggage online only for 1 of us. The website did not allow us for one, but only for 1 of us. We did not need that and decided to do that at the airport in SF. We checked in one baggage and had one carry on. Everything was fine up till our connecting flight in Phoenix. When boarding, they asked us to pay $79 for a little carry on or would not let us on. She was even willing to refund our tickets to Chicago. She was rude and very unprofessional and did not really care. The main problem is, they tell you one thing when you get the ticket, another thing when checking on online and totally different reality at the airport or at the gate. There is no consistency and they are ripping off people.
RoutePhoenix to Chicago
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"The airline always gets delayed"

Trip Verified | The airline always gets delayed. I have flown with the airlines within 5-6 times and 3 out of them got delayed. And 2 out of 3 delays were due to mismanagement of staff. And actually Frontier Airlines tickets are not cheap if you consider adding your bags. The ticket price only is cheap compared to other airlines when you book flight so closed to your departure date. My schedule wasn’t flexible. If it was, I rather booked American Airlines or Allegiant.
RouteOntario to Cincinnati via Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"lack of communication is horrendous"

Trip Verified | The pure lack of communication on the Frontier airlines is horrendous. On the day the flight was to be departed there was no communication on the frontier app, website, and Dallas fort worth airport of the so-called cancellation. My group and 100 other passengers were left at the gate waiting for a plane that never arrived. Every up-to-date departure screen marked the airplane to be on schedule. There were some guests that had purchased a ticket that day for a flight frontier later claimed was canceled the day prior. I spoke with multiple guests that urgently had to get to Denver one, in particular, that would be missing her cancer treatments the following day. There was no frontier associate available for hours to help with the ordeal. Frontier kept everyone on hold for upwards of an hour with no immediate solution to its guests left now stranded at the airport at 10:30 at night. I will never be flying this airline again, the lack of taking responsibility for their mistake and out rightly blaming the 100 plus passengers for lying that they had informed us of this cancellation and gave us a $50 voucher for the inconvenience.
RouteDallas Fort Worth to Denver
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"unprofessional service and horrible experience"

Not Verified | On 1/6/2022 flight # 1427 while on-board captain announced a delay due to water fill up for lavatory .. later sorry its frozen water line & taking time.. later need to thaw the frozen water in line.. need to heat the airplane so plz deplane .. then 45 min later back on-board... later sorry due to the delay we have a part expired & needs be replaced but this part cannot be replaced now so the airplane is grounded. Please deplane and go to ticketing counter for a refund or to book on a next flight which is very limited to no choice. I was seated in 1F so, I was the 1st person out of the plane and was lucky to get booked on the next day flight, but had to wait for 1 hour for the luggage to appear on carousel # 10. I was talking to other passenger that did not rebook so had no choice but a refund. Ticking agent was trained to be straight to the Pont and pushing a refund or not too many choices on rebooking. Today is 1/7/2022 and I'm seated in 1D flight 1427 ORD to PHX and flight was taking off at 8:53 PM .. after push back from gate engine 2 was not getting started, had to get mechanics to come onboard trying to figure out the issue. Then they attempted to start the engine manually 1st time but failed then 2nd time was a success. Now a passenger wants out of the plane its 10:25,PM. I won't fly Frontier again nor will I recommend this to anyone. Yes fares maybe cheap but not worth this unprofessional service and horrible experience. Time is money, comfort is important.
RouteChicago to Phoenix
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"they did not honor the fine print on their ticket/website"

Not Verified | My family flew Frontier from Chicago to Las Vegas during the holidays. Then the wave of Omicron swept the nation and while that is totally acceptable to cancel a flight for that reason, what the airline did next was not acceptable. After notifying us of the cancelation they did not honor the fine print on their ticket/website. They did not help us to find another flight, they did not help us with refunds either. We were stranded and forced to find flights on other airlines, lodging, food and lost 2 days wages. It has been a week since and no refunds! Frontier is a billion dollar company and a few hundred dollars in a refund should not be taking this long. Please select another airline in your future - American is an excellent choice with an app that has free movies to watch during your flight plus free drinks, nuts and cookies.
RouteChicago to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Last time I’ll fly Frontier"

Not Verified | First time flying Frontier and it was The worst flight experience I’ve had. We were delayed 45+ minutes without any information (even the flight attendants didn’t have any information on why it was delayed). Once we boarded, I received a text that the flight was late and informed us incorrectly about how long the delay was. The staff was rude during the flight. Once we landed, we sat on the tarmac for 5 minutes. They informed us that it would be another 5 minutes until we could exit. After 10 minutes, we were told that it would only be 3 more minutes. After 15 minutes, they said nobody was available and that we would have to taxi around on the tarmac until they could find someone to help. Poor communication, poor service. Last time I’ll fly Frontier.
RouteBaltimore to Cancun